** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.06[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th i am taking shalke @ 2.04 with paddypower, 10 % of my betting fund, here, for two reasons... one, i lost my money here then i was on a basel, so i am kind of trying to do amends :D and two...shalke done them 3 - 0 at home quiet comfortable, chelsea simple walked here with 4 - 0, shalke by no means should be happy going home with one point + it`s steau last chance in this group, they must win, so for they have to come out and this is where shalke is good, at counter play. i think if you compare two leagues and two teams, add to it it important game in CL for both, then 2.04 on shalke is good price, if staeu would be meeting shalke in bundesliga, they would be priced ( shalke ) around 1.57 - 1.66

Re: Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th Steaua Bucureşti v Schalke 04 Steaua Bucureşti: Paul Pîrvulescu (doubtful), Leandro Tatu, Lucian Filip, Mihai Pintilii Schalke 04: Timo Hildebrand, Leon Goretzka, Julian Draxler (doubtful), Marco Hoger, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions on: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th Chuda, in my opinion Steaua is better than Freiburg and Frankfurt. Do not compare the level of the leagues, but the level of the teams! I watched it at Basel. It deserved to win. At Gelsenkirchen, Schalke 04 won after a mistake in defense of Steua. Then the visitor side opened and this is how the 3-0 came. Chelsea won 4-0 but the Romanians put some pressure on the Blues. We talk about Chelsea of Mourinho who won 3-0 in Germany. I think Schalke would be priced HOME that against,,

Re: Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th hands up.... i might sounded harsh on steau and i don`t wanna mislead here anyone about their strength + in CL teams like nordsjeallend and copenhavn allways manage to surprise at home and take points away from cream of europe, and it happens every single season even if not every 2nd or 3rd round as it goes. but to me here is more like .... bookies have tabled offer, steau +1 @1.72 or shalke04 @ 2.04, taking that shalke has better team, shalke only 2 losses in CL away games in last 3 seasons came at old trafford and chelsea last time out, beating away teams like arsenal at emirates in smashing 5 past inter, whereas steau only meeting chelsea and shalke from proper european teams and losing heavily to both. as well as you said 3 - 0 loss came then they had to go out after first mistake, thing is in this game they will have to come out more or less from 1st minute here and steau wouldn`t be notorious with tight defense or many clean sheets, even if huntelar is missing i still like to give go here with shalke @ 2.04, as well as even if it`s a draw around 80` min., steau will have to take a risks and go all out or they will finish bottom in a E group, this is were shalke has slight advantage to win this one and draw is not really satisfying for either team.

Re: Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th

Chuda' date=' in my opinion Steaua is better than Freiburg and Frankfurt. Do not compare the level of the leagues, but the level of the teams! I watched it at Basel. It deserved to win. At Gelsenkirchen, Schalke 04 won after a mistake in defense of Steua. Then the visitor side opened and this is how the 3-0 came. Chelsea won 4-0 but the Romanians put some pressure on the Blues. We talk about Chelsea of Mourinho who won 3-0 in Germany. I think Schalke would be priced HOME that against,,[/quote'] Agree with this completely. I watched the highlights of that match and Steaua wasn`t as bad as the result showed it in the end. I watched a couple of their European games and I have to say that I was really surprised how well they play. This match is crucial for Steaua`s hopes to continue their European adventure so I expect a bit more cautious game from them today. All in all I believe Schalke won`t have an easy task today. Probable bets I intend to take are DNB Steaua or 2-3 goals scored in a match...it`s only in my head for now but I`ll wait for some further team info.

Re: Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th Schalke can still qualify in last game. And these Germans are tough home. Always have been like this in Champions League. Even their coach said that. First place in group is lost. I am not betting anything. Not even on the underdog. Just be careful.

Re: Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th As a Romanian, I can say that Steaua is on a poor form. Their last win in UCL is back in ~2005, at Dinamo Kiev, even if they played several times in UCL after that. The competition is too big for Steaua. Other Romanian teams won some matches in UCL (Urziceni at Rangers, Cluj at United, Roma, Braga), but Steaua did not in the last 8 years. There are around 21 matches in a row without win, that says a lot. I think Schalke will win today if they will manage to wait for Steaua's mistake like in the match in Gelsenkirchen. For those who say that they saw Steaua playing well......that was last season (beating Ajax and Chelsea at home). Chiriches, Rusescu, Pintilii will not play today (the first 2 left the team and the third is injured), and Chipciu just recoverd from a harsh injury and he is not in a good form. Again, Tanase is far-far away from the form of the last season. Also, something very important: in those matches (Ajax and Chelsea), the stadium was full, around 43.000 with Ajax and 53.000 with Chelsea, and the atmosphere helped them to get the victory. For tonight, they sold around 14.000 tickets, many of them on a package for all the 3 matches at home. This is the last one, and the fans are not happy this year. I think that not all of the 14.000 payers will be on the stadium, also because in Bucharest will be very cold tonight (0-1 degrees) and it is raining. It's known in Romania that Steaua has "good results fans", and they come to the stadium only when the team plays very well. Not this season. I will bet 10-15% of my betting funds on Schalke, I think the price is very good.

Re: Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th If Schalke have shown one thing in the Bundesliga. it is that their games have goals. They have a kind of you score we score mentality, which makes the over 2.5 goals in this game attractive. Also they really need to take advantage of the weakest team in the group and win this game. I like the over 2.5 goals at 1.85 2 unitss bet365

Re: Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th Steaua - FC Schalke 04 * Schalke have never lost a Romanian team in European competition (+4=1) ; * Steaua scored only two goals in the last seven matches of the Champions League (both against Basel ; * Steaua is not winning in the Champions League 21 games in a row (=6-15). If the Romanian team will not beat Schalke , it will be equal to the anti-record of Spartak Moscow (22 games without a win); * Steaua received in each of the last 12 home matches in the Champions League ; * Steaua won just 4 of 40 games in the Champions League ; * Steaua won only one game of 17 against German teams (=6-10) ; * Last 3 goals of Schalke in the Champions League were clogged with the participation of Julian Draxler (2 goals and 1 assist) Romanians forced to attack , they are not satisfied with a draw , do not fit the scenario - sit back and defending the draw. Steaua must attack and score. In this case , Schalke will be easier to catchem on the break. Tip: Away win at 2.0 william hill

Re: Steaua Bucuresti v FC Schalke 04 > Tuesday November 26th Last minute info: In Bucharest it's snowing since 2 hours ago, but it seems that the stadium's roof have been closed. The weather is like f*** and there are traffic jams all over the city , it's something usual when it's raining or snowing, that means that some of those who buyed tickets will stay home tonight. I think there will not be more than 9.000-10.000 on the stadium.