** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov

kevshat

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Phil Taylor (-6.5 legs) to beat James Wade 8/11 bet365 There's only one winner in this match tonight but by just how much will it be? Taylor destroyed a pathetic Wade 10-1 2 weeks ago in Edinburgh and won handsomely in the World Grand Prix 5-1 (in sets) last month. In both of these tournaments Wade had been playing well until he encountered Taylor in the semi finals and then went onto put in well below par performances. To cover the line tonight Taylor has to win 16-9 or better which I believe to be quite a kind line by the bookies. If Taylor gets off to a storming start we could see Wade giving up early on and struggle to win a handful of legs. Taylor has averaged over 100 all tournament whereas Wade has averaged 92,94,94 and 97 in his 4 games. If the averages go the same way tonight there should be more than 6 legs between the 2 as it is hard to see Wade taking out the pressure shots against Taylor. Agree with the posts above with regards to the overs in the 180s market in the Lewis Huybrechts game. Both players are playing lovely darts at the moment and should feed off each other like they did in Edinburgh 2 weeks ago in a thrilling contest. It is hard to see the game not going over 26 legs so there should be ample time for plenty of 180s to be hit. In addition it would be advisable for anyone thinking of having a punt on Huybrechts for the World Championship next month to get on him early as I can only see the price drop. At 40/1 with a few bookmakers he looks a very good value each way bet. He's playing better than Van Gerwen at the moment in my opinion. MVG is 5/1 and Huybrechts 40/1, with a good performance tonight I am sure we'll see the odds tumble again.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Taylor -1 180's @10/11 (paddypower) Think this is a great price, really thought the line would be -3 if not -4. Taylor in the last year seems to be switching to 19's less and hitting plenty of 180's due to this, Wade has never been a big 180 scorer and the angles which his darts land means he switches to 19's a lot. To throw in a few stats: In this tournament Taylor has 12 in 31 legs Wade has 2 in 33 legs

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Leader after 6 legs - Phil Taylor @ 4/7 (v Wade) bet365 Taylor destroyed Wade 10-1, in the Masters just 2 weeks ago. Wade was moaning about a flight being broken, and thrown away. A lot of nonsense it seemed, but Wade's head went. Taylor has him in his pocket, and its only going to play on his mind again here. Taylor is way too short over the distance, but I see some value in this bet. Taylor starts quickly and I'd not be surprised if he broke Wade first time of asking.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 17 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Lewis, A (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.39 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Thornton, R v Waites, S (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.04 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.98 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Good shouts Gaz and KS :clap. Semi final previews: 5pts R.Thornton vs S.Waites - Over 13.5 180s 5/6 William Hill I’m looking forward to this semi final and I expect it to be full of high scores and plenty of 180s. Ignore the fact that Waites only hit 3 180s against Hankey because he’d have had no rhythm in that match at all. Concentrate more on his 8 180s against Mark Webster. Thornton hit 9 180s against O’Shea in the last round and in a closer battle here we can expect a few more from him so between them we can expect to see at least 14 180s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-waites-betting-expect-plenty-of-180s-in-the-opening-semi-final 5pts A.Lewis Over 9.5 180s vs P.Taylor 8/11 Paddy Power There aren’t many things we can be sure of in this semi final but one thing we can be fairly convinced by is that Adrian Lewis will hit stacks of 180s. He has hit 12 180s in his last two matches and when he took Taylor on in the Matchplay final he smashed in 19 180s even though he only won 13 legs. Lewis is a 180 machine and he’s very much likely to reach double figures here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-lewis-betting-adrian-lewis-can-continue-scoring-like-a-dream-in-eagerly-anticipated-semi-final

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Bet365 have a 9 dart finish in the Taylor Lewis game as 22/1 at the moment. Tremendous price considering the way that Lewis is playing at the moment and when these 2 meet it normally brings out the best in Taylor so definitely worth a small punt if you can get on at 22s.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov

Bet365 have a 9 dart finish in the Taylor Lewis game as 22/1 at the moment. Tremendous price considering the way that Lewis is playing at the moment and when these 2 meet it normally brings out the best in Taylor so definitely worth a small punt if you can get on at 22s.
I'm not sure how you can consider that a 'tremendous price.' If anything, it looks a bit short to me.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Thornton v Waites - Over 26.5 Legs @ 4/6 bet365 So that means a 16-12 or closer for this. I Really can't split these 2, both playing quite well and are good on their doubles "most of the time". If they play to form, and as they have this week the it should be a great game to watch. I can't imagine either running away with it, and I would not be surprised to see it go to the final leg. First set of Darts - Over 101 @ 11/8 (Taylor v Lewis) bet365 More of a gamble, but at the odds I think its a good gamble. They'll both want to start well, and the first set of darts usually sets the tone. Taylor will want to make amends for yesterdays under par performance, and Lewis will want to show he won't crumble against Taylor. The pair of them cold quite easily slam in a 180 first set of darts.

I'm not sure how you can consider that a 'tremendous price.' If anything' date=' it looks a bit short to me.[/quote'] It was a good price. It was 4/1 with Boylesports and 1/6 for it not to happen so a big arb opportunity. It was 18/1 with bet365 in the Waites game who missed double 12 for the 9 darter. The way both Taylor and Lewis played there I am quite surprised the 9 darter never happened.

It was a good price. It was 4/1 with Boylesports and 1/6 for it not to happen so a big arb opportunity. It was 18/1 with bet365 in the Waites game who missed double 12 for the 9 darter. The way both Taylor and Lewis played there I am quite surprised the 9 darter never happened.
1/6 for it not to happen?!?? I wish I'd known that before the game, FREE MONEY!!!