** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov

kevshat

The BDO and PDC collide for one week of the year in Wolverhampton for the Grand Slam of Darts. Always a great tournament this with long matches from the start of the knockout stages. The whole event is live on Sky and with the draw the way it has come out it should be a fantastic event. Draw, format and schedule here: http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/1hw7dkmhyylub1lg6byuc5uagd/title/william-hill-grand-slam-schedule

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Tournament preview: 1pt ew S.Waites to win Grand Slam of Darts 40/1 Bet365 (1/2 1-2) One man who isn’t short is Scott Waites. Waites clearly enjoys this tournament and can get himself up for it accordingly. He has been a runner up in this event and a winner of it in the past and he was going well in it last year before he ran into a rampant Michael van Gerwen in the quarter finals. Waites is the BDO World Champion so he’ll feel a sense of purpose to show everyone why he is a world champion. He is more than good enough to compete on the PDC in my opinion and with a soft looking draw assuming he comes out of the group, which he should, then I think the BDO champ will go very well. 1pt ew R.Thornton to win Grand Slam of Darts 50/1 Stan James (1/2 1-2) Robert Thornton has shown his credentials in the big tournaments plenty of times recently and he is another who has an open looking draw. His group is a little trappy but not to the extent that he can’t win it or come out of it and if he does come out of it then he can thrive in the longer matches. Thornton looked ok in Edinburgh last week before he ran into a truck that was Adrian Lewis in his best form but the Scot is a former quarter finalist here and I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes a couple of rounds further here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/grand-slam-of-darts-betting-bdo-champion-can-fly-their-flag-in-style-in-wolverhampton-this-week

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Group B preview: 3pts J.Wade NOT to qualify 5/4 Skybet Although he has made a few finals in the last two years James Wade hasn’t looked himself in the last couple of TV tournaments and I think we saw just where his head really is at the minute in that semi final of The Masters last weekend where even something like Taylor throwing his flight away seemed to tip him over the edge. That wasn’t good to see really and he hasn’t had much time to regather himself. I’m led to believe he averaged 112 in an exhibition in the week but there’s a world of difference to playing in exhibitions with friendly faces around and being up on stage with the world watching. Throw in the unpredictable nature of the format and three tough opponents and I don’t think Wade is a certainty to get out of this group by any means. At 6/4 he has to be backed not to qualify here. 1pt W.Harms to win Group B 15/2 Boylesports As for the group itself it has a look of everyone beating everyone about it and I get the feeling it will be settled by the smallest of margins. That makes Wesley Harms a little bit of value here if we are talking about small things deciding the group. Although this is a tough group he can certainly play the game. He recently won the World Cup singles which is a good event on the BDO circuit so he comes here in good form and he’ll be eager to prove he can perform at this level. At 15/2 he’s worth the tiniest wager to see how close he goes to winning the group. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/grand-slam-of-darts-betting-james-wade-is-no-certainly-to-qualify-from-a-tricky-group

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Group G preview: 3pts W.Newton to win Group G 7/4 William Hill I would be very surprised if Wes Newton and Simon Whitlock don’t qualify from this group so their meeting could well be the one which decides it. This looks a pretty straightforward group to me so by virtue of the fact Newton is never a 7/4 shot to beat Whitlock over a best of nine leg match the Englishman looks good value to win this group to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/grand-slam-of-darts-betting-wes-newton-looks-the-pick-in-group-g

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 9 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Thornton, R v Walsh, M (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Pipe, J (13:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Waites, S v Hankey, T (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chisnall, D v Smith, M (14:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Webster, M (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Smith, Ross (15:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v O'Shea, T (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.48 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Evans, Ricky (16:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Harms, W (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.54 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Wright, P (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.76 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kist, C v Huybrechts, R (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v George, R (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Painter, K v Nicholson, P (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Kellett, S (21:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v van der Voort, V (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huybrechts, K v Winstanley, D (22:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Couple of previews for Saturday: 4pts A.Hamilton vs J.Pipe - Over 7.5 legs 4/5 Skybet If you look at the head to head record between these two you’ll notice it is probably Hamilton’s turn to win this match but that’s only a co-incidence. One thing which is no co-incidence is how close the matches tend to be between the two and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we need a deciding leg to separate these two. History shows this is unlikely to be one sided so over 7.5 legs looks a fair play here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-pipe-betting-expect-another-close-battle-between-two-evenly-matched-players 4pts K.Painter to beat P.Nicholson Evs Paddy Power This match could be close given what is likely to be on it. Certainly with Phil Taylor in the group neither man will want to lose this match so we might see a few nerves and a bit of drama but I don’t really see what Nicholson has done to be favourite here. He has struggled on the big stage for a while whereas Painter played quite well in Scotland last week before he let Wade off the hook. I’m not convinced Nicholson will get the same help Wade got so I’ll go for Painter here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/painter-vs-nicholson-betting-paul-nicholson-looks-an-uneasy-favourite-on-saturday

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Adrian Lewis - Most 180's in Match @ 4/7 bet365 (v Richie George) - Lewis is on fire at the minute, and despite being ill last week, he made the final and played some outstanding darts. The gulf in class here will be huge, and I really cant see Richie picking up more than 1 maybe 2 legs. Richie average low 80's on his way to the BDO World Semi's last time out (Just 20 180's in 111 legs played throughout the Tourny), which isn't good enough at this level. If Lewis gets just 2, 180's I feel he'll win this bet.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Sunday night previews: 3pts S.Kellett to beat K.Painter 11/8 BetVictor We’ve not really seen Kellett do it on TV yet but he has had some nasty draws. This isn’t one of those so with some good form coming in and an eminently beatable opponent here I think Kellett is a little bit of value in this match. Painter was atrociously bad in the first game and he’s got Taylor to come. At least Kellett has Taylor out of the way so two wins could well put him through. He can get the first of those here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/painter-vs-kellett-betting-stuart-kellett-can-keep-his-hopes-alive-with-a-win-over-painter 4pts K.Huybrechts vs V.van der Voort - Over 3.5 180s 5/6 Coral Both these players scored well in the opening matches and I expect that to continue here. At one stage against Winstanley, Huybrechts looked like he was going to throw a 180 every time he went to the oche. Van der Voort is historically one of the bigger 180 scorers in the game so I would expect to see a few 180s in this match, certainly enough to cover a 3.5 line. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/k-huybrechts-vs-van-der-voort-betting-two-heavy-scorers-can-hit-a-few-180s-in-group-d-clash

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 11 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Walsh, M v Pipe, J (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Waites, S v Chisnall, D (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] O'Shea, T v Evans, Ricky (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Webster, M v Smith, Ross (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Thornton, R (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v King, M (21:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Newton, W (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Smith, M v Hankey, T (22:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Excellent shout again KS :clap. Monday previews: 3pts R.Thornton to beat A.Hamilton 11/10 Skybet Robert Thornton has won his last two matches against Andy Hamilton, the last of which came in The Masters just last weekend and I think he can win this too. He has a good overall record over Hamilton and is playing some lovely darts. He won’t want his fate to come down to leg difference even though he is in a good position at the minute. Hamilton hasn’t scored like he can this week and that could be fatal against the scoring power of Thornton. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-thornton-betting-robert-thornton-can-end-hamilton-s-run-in-another-tournament 4pts T.Hankey to beat M.Smith 11/10 BetVictor You’ve got to feel for Michael Smith in this match. He is a perfect opponent for Hankey to play with his mind games. Hankey will slow the youngster down and generally get inside his head and that isn’t good for Smith. Although I’m a big fan of the youngster I think he still lacks the experience needed to deal with Hankey and his antics on the big stage. While Hankey is playing up we should also remember he’s a damn good darts player in his own right and at odds against he has to be the call in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/m-smith-vs-hankey-betting-ted-hankey-can-frustrate-smith-at-the-grand-slam

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Cheers Kev, and you pal. Good shout on Kellet at some nice odds. Justin Pipe - Most 180's @ 20/21 (v Walsh) - Walsh has been rubbish, and has failed to register a 180 in 2 matches (and only 5, 140s). Pipe isn't playing great darts but has still managed 3. This is a must win for Pipe to be in contention to get through, and he'll be confident he can win. I reckon he could get 2 here and that'll be enough. Dave Chinsall - Most 180's @ 5/6 (v Scott Waites) - Chizzy is out, despite playing quite well. He has hit 8, 180's in 2 games and we all know that he'll hit 180's even off the boil. Tonight there is no pressure, and he'll want to go out with a win. Waites is already through, so the pressure is off him too, but I think being through already will had an adverse affect on him. Waites has 3, 180's so far. So Chisnall out doing him easily on that count, and I think he can win this market comfortably tonight. Simon Whitlock - Most 180's @ 13/10 (v Wes Newton) - Surprisingly, Newton has hit 0 in his opening 2 games. This is a big game, because any from 3 can go through still in this group. Heavy defeat for either could see them sent home. Whitlock is playing solid darts, as ever, and has 5 180's to his name already. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Newton got 1 or 2 in this one, I feel Whitlock can get himself 3 or 4, and the odds are tasty considering its 5-0 Whitlock on 180's so far whilst being in better form.

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 12 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huybrechts, R v George, R (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.53 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Painter, K (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.76 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Harms, W (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.53 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Winstanley, D v van der Voort, V (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.98 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nicholson, P v Kellett, S (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.65 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Huybrechts, K (21:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.68 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Kist, C (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.65 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Wright, P (22:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.95 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Tuesday night previews: 3pts R.Huybrechts (-1.5 legs) to beat R.George 4/5 Skybet Ronny Huybrechts may not be a household name but we’ve seen in the World Cup and European Championship that he is accustomed and comfortable on the big stage. Although Richie George made the semi final at Lakeside we haven’t ever really seen that from him. He was poor at Lakeside and should’ve lost a lot earlier than he did. He can complete a hat trick of defeats here though. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/r-huybrechts-vs-george-betting-ronny-huybrechts-can-win-the-group-with-a-100-record 4pts S.Kellett to beat P.Nicholson 11/8 BetVictor Stuart Kellett showed against Painter that he can perform under pressure and we’ve seen in recent tournaments Nicholson wilt under that same pressure so I’m a little surprised the prices are like they are here. Experience is on the side of Nicholson but that doesn’t count for much given the changes he’s making to his game. Nicholson doesn’t look right to me so I’ll take Stuart Kellett here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nicholson-vs-kellett-betting-stuart-kellett-can-see-off-nicholson-to-make-the-last-16 3pts C.Kist (+2.5 legs) to beat A.Lewis 9/10 Boylesports I think the situation will dictate that this is a close match. There’s a little bit of a subplot to it too with the 2012 world champions meeting. That might add a little competitiveness to the contest but at the end of the day there’s enough on the line anyway. I think Lewis will probably prevail but there’s no way Kist will just give it to him. Kist is improving game by game as he often does and I think he’s good for at least 3 legs here if not a couple more. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-kist-betting-christian-kist-can-push-lewis-hard-in-the-battle-of-the-2012-world-champions 3pts P.Wright to beat G.Anderson 10/11 Skybet This is the match of the night for me. Both men will score heavily so it could come down to a battle of finishing and if that is the case I have to take Peter Wright. Anderson couldn’t put Wade away last time out despite outscoring him for most legs and Wright will keep with him a lot more in most legs. Including Championship League meetings these two have met seven times in 2013 and Wright has won all seven. He can win an eighth in a row here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-wright-betting-peter-wright-can-notch-up-another-win-over-the-flying-scotsman

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Phil Taylor - Most 180's @ 11/10 (v Painter) bet365 Painter is one of many in Taylors pocket, and so far he's been poor (already eliminated). Taylor is hitting a few more 180's recently and not switching as much as usual. The 180 count so far is; 6 - 3 to Taylor. Here I can see a comfortable victory for Taylor, with Painter really struggling. Wouldn't surprise me to see Taylor get 2 or 3 and Painter 0.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Wednesday previews: 6pts S.Waites (-1.5 legs) to beat M.Webster 8/11 Bet365 While Webster has played better this week I’m still not convinced he’s got the consistent scoring he will need to go toe to toe with Waites and prevail here. Waites is a player who gets better over the longer distances and I think we’ll see just why he is the BDO world champion here, even more so than we already have this week. Without putting too fine a point on it Waites is better than Webster in every department at the minute and he can progress with a bit in hand here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/waites-vs-webster-betting-scott-waites-can-have-too-much-for-webster-in-last-16-contest 4pts T.O'Shea to beat A.Hamilton 7/4 BetVictor I think Tony O’Shea has a great chance of coming through this match. I don’t know quite what is wrong with Hamilton, whether he’s a bit ill or something but either way he hasn’t looked at it so far this week and was below par at The Masters last weekend which suggests he is a bit fatigued after a heavy schedule. O’Shea isn’t. He’s bouncing, he’s playing well and with his walk on he’s sure to have the crowd on his side. He’s got my money on his side too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/o-shea-vs-hamilton-betting-silverback-can-delight-the-wolverhampton-crowd-by-sending-the-hammer-packing 4pts R.Thornton vs M.King - Over 16.5 legs Evs Skybet This looks the closest match of the night to me on paper and I wouldn’t be surprised if all 19 legs are needed to separate the two. Both score well and in the main both finish well too. I would just about give Thornton the edge if I had to but the best bet is over 16.5 legs. It would take one of them not showing up for this to be won easily and I don’t see that being the case with the immediate dangers out of the way in the tournament. However this ends and whoever wins I think it will be 10-7 or closer. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-king-betting-two-wily-old-pro-s-can-play-out-a-tight-tussle-in-wolverhampton 4pts S.Whitlock vs T.Hankey - Over 15.5 legs 10/11 Skybet I’m really looking forward to this match. At his best Hankey can challenge Whitlock that’s for sure but he probably isn’t at his best at the minute so he’ll bring mind games into it and that’s where it will get interesting. While all the antics are going on it is easy to ignore the quality of his darts and whether he has the quality to beat Whitlock remains to be seen but he certainly has the quality to stay interested and with Whitlock’s well known problems closing matches out if Ted is getting to him Whitlock could well come a cropper here. Either way I think Hankey will keep this a bit closer than many expect. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-hankey-betting-ted-hankey-could-keep-this-closer-than-many-will-think

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 14 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Nicholson, P (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huybrechts, R v Huybrechts, K (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Anderson, G (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Lewis, A (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Cheers Gaz :ok Thursday previews: 5pts J.Wade (-2.5 legs) to beat P.Nicholson 8/11 Boylesports Nicholson has come through in the smaller races so far in this tournament but now he has to up it in the longer games and I’m just not sure he has it leg on leg over this distance. Wade hasn’t been letting opponents in this week and he’s probably not going to start now and he’s been scoring well enough to make this a tough assignment for Nicholson. I find it hard to see how Nicholson stays with Wade here so I’ll take Wade to win with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-nicholson-betting-james-wade-should-be-too-good-for-nicholson-in-the-grand-slam 4pts K.Huybrechts (-1) Most 180s Evs Paddy Power This isn’t necessarily an easy game to bet on because of the weird emotions both will feel on the stage but one thing which looks a good thing is Kim Huybrechts to hit the most 180s. After the group stages only Adrian Lewis and Dave Chisnall had hit more 180s than Kim Huybrechts. Kim went into this tournament in heavy scoring form and given how well he’s scored this week the even money on him to score at least two more 180s than his brother looks good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/r-huybrechts-vs-k-huybrechts-betting-kim-can-outscore-ronny-in-the-battle-of-the-brothers 3pts G.Anderson (+4.5 legs) to beat P.Taylor 11/10 Paddy Power This match really is all about Gary Anderson. Can he continue his form of the group stages now he’s up against the great man? We know he can do it under pressure because his match against Wright was winner takes all but has Taylor got inside his head? History suggests it has but form has to count for something so while I expect Taylor to win I think Anderson can make this closer than their World Grand Prix meeting. He can win six legs if not more. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-anderson-betting-anderson-s-form-can-lead-him-to-cover-handicap 5pts M.van Gerwen vs A.Lewis - Over 10.5 180s Evs Ladbrokes These two have treated us to some classic matches in the last 12 months and this one has all the makings of being another. They played out one of the most memorable matches of all time in the Matchplay semi final and if this is half as good it will be worth watching. A feature of their matches is their 180 scoring. In a similar length match in the European Championship semi final they produced 17 180s, 32 legs between them provided 22 180s in the Matchplay and 17 legs out in Sydney saw them hit 14 between them. The likelihood of a 10.5 line being covered has to be high. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-lewis-betting-expect-plenty-more-180s-in-the-latest-leg-of-this-trilogy

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov What was Simon Whitlock all about? You can't lose to anyone from three breaks of throw up and you can't lose to Ted Hankey full stop. A bit of a disgraceful performance from someone in Whitlock's position in the rankings and I'm really frustrated at the money it has cost me.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Very tempted to go for Ronnie tonight. Holds a 2-1 head-2-head and I believe he beat Kim 6-1 not too long ago. Kim seems to have abit of a problem when it comes to TV matches as of late and the odds seem good value. They may be brothers but they play very differently. Kim is a big hitter of the trebles and will no doubt hit more 180s but Ronnie is a better double hitter and I think that could be key tonight. 3 matches in the group played Ronnie has beaten the likes of Lewis already.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 15 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] O'Shea, T v Thornton, R (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.73 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hankey, T v Waites, S (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.31 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 16 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huybrechts, K v Lewis, A (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.48 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Wade, J (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Friday QF previews: 4pts R.Thornton vs T.O'Shea - Over 27.5 legs Evs Stan James Although this isn’t the best quarter final in terms of the marquee names it could very well turn into the most interesting and closest of the four matches in this round. These two are pretty evenly matched I would say. Thornton just about has the edge in the scoring department although he is yet to show it this week and he’s marginally the better finisher but there isn’t enough in it to suggest he’ll run away with this game. I think it will be close for large periods and would expect to see more than the 27.5 legs we require in the total legs line. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-o-shea-betting-opening-quarter-final-looks-like-being-a-very-close-one 6pts S.Waites (-3.5 legs) to beat T.Hankey 4/5 Bet365 Unless Hankey can pull off some mind games which get to Waites then I can see this being pretty one sided. Waites is relentless. He bangs in heavy scores and by and large he’s good on his finishes. He had a few early problems against Webster there but that seemed to be a mental thing having lost to Webster before. Hankey hasn’t shown he is consistent enough this week to win a match like this over 31 legs. Even when he’s scored well he has missed doubles. Even at his best he may not win more than 10 legs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/waites-vs-hankey-betting-scott-waites-should-cruise-into-another-grand-slam-semi-final

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov Saturday QF previews: 5pts K.Huybrechts vs A.Lewis - Over 16.5 180s 8/11 BetVictor I’m looking forward to this match. These two are two of the easier players to watch at the minute. I think we’ll see a good game too. Both are scoring so well that this match should be absolutely littered with 180s. Lewis hit 12 in his win over Michael van Gerwen in the last round while Huybrechts hit 8 of his own. I think between them they will smash in at least another 17 in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/k-huybrechts-vs-lewis-betting-two-power-scorers-can-fill-the-60-regularly-in-quarter-final 4pts J.Wade Highest checkout vs P.Taylor - Over 110.5 5/6 Coral Taylor has given Wade a couple of brutal beatings in recent tournaments but Wade wasn’t himself in those events. He seems to be much more balanced this week and I think he’ll put up a much stronger challenge here. I expect both to play well and if they do we’ll see lots of big shots out. Wade has taken out a 120 finish or better in all four matches so far and given that he’ll need to hit some big shots to stay with Taylor here the 110.5 line on his highest checkout looks far too low to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-wade-betting-james-wade-can-keep-the-big-checkouts-coming-in-wolverhampton

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 9-17 Nov I'm taking Lewis to clear 9.5 180s. As much as I hate backing Lewis, you cant ignore his current form and given the fact this should be a free flowing game and plenty of legs available I expect Lewis to clear this line without sweat. As Kev mentioned above Lewis hit 12 180s in a best of 19 game. The quarter finals offer a best of 31 legs so lots of heavy scoring from both. Also worth noting Lewis' H2H's with Huybrechts are very close scoring matches with the odd leg or two separating them. Hopefully see them both into double figures for legs 16-13 either way ? Lewis Over 9.5 180s 17/20 Bwin.