** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pakistan vs South Africa - ODI Series & T20 Series

kevshat

After their controversial test series which has just concluded, Pakistan and South Africa now do battle over 5 ODIs and two T20's over the next few weeks. This looks a competitive series so should have some good betting opportunities on it. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Wed Oct 30 11:00 GMT | 15:00 local 11:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - Pakistan v South Africa Sharjah Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 32.png 22 - 34° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Nov 1 11:00 GMT | 15:00 local 11:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - Pakistan v South Africa Dubai International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 32.png 24 - 35° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Nov 6 11:00 GMT | 15:00 local 11:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - Pakistan v South Africa Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Nov 8 11:00 GMT | 15:00 local 11:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - Pakistan v South Africa Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Mon Nov 11 11:00 GMT | 15:00 local 11:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - Pakistan v South Africa Sharjah Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Nov 13 16:00 GMT | 20:00 local 16:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - Pakistan v South Africa Dubai International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Nov 15 16:00 GMT | 20:00 local 16:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - Pakistan v South Africa Dubai International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - ODI Series & T20 Series No Amla, No Steyn. There are a few Pakistan batsman who need to demostrate something in this match as they are depending too much on Misbah. South Africa hasnt been bad these days with the bat so I expect them to score as they usually do. I was thinking in Over 6.5 Sixes @WilliamHill but finally made my bet: 3 pts to Over 46.5 boundaries @WilliamHill 24 boundaries per side is a 250 score and that's what i expect from this match

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - ODI Series & T20 Series Couple of outrights for me in this series. 3pts M.ul-Haq Top Pakistan Series Batsman 3/1 Sportingbet I'm a huge Misbah fan and while Pakistan have a much stronger looking batting line up going into this series than in previous ones I still feel Misbah will need to go well if they are to win the series. I love the coolness with which Misbah bats. He does take his time to get in but when he's in he soon catches up and he does it time and time again. Nobody has scored more international runs than Misbah this year so he goes into this series in good nick. We saw him go well in the Test matches against South Africa and 3/1 looks a more than fair price on the Pakistan skipper top scoring for his side in these five matches. 2pts C.Ingram Top South Africa Series Batsman 7/1 Sportingbet Colin Ingram isn't guaranteed to play in this first ODI but it would be harsh to leave him out. As Tripcore says there is no Hashim Amla early on in this series as he is back home waiting for the birth of his child so his opening spot is between Quinton de Kock or Colin Ingram. In four knocks in the South African one day competition Ingram has four 50's so he arrives in the UAE in good form. He has a good record against Pakistan too with two of his three career centuries coming against them and one of them has come in the UAE so he can deal with the slower conditions ok. We don't know how long Amla will be absent for but in a South Africa side who've struggled in coloured clothing in recent times Ingram could steal a march on the field if selected and run out the series to top score for his side.

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - ODI Series & T20 Series And a few for the opening match. 4pts M.Hafeez's Performance Pts - 41&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket Mohammad Hafeez is another Pakistan player who goes well against South Africa and in these conditions he should excel. His batting at 3 will be vital to Pakistan's hopes and he's more than capable of covering this line with the willow but in the slower, lower conditions of the UAE it is his bowling which could trouble South Africa the most. In these conditions I would expect Misbah to give Hafeez plenty of overs so he could easily go close to covering this total with the ball too. Throw in the catching potential as well and I think Hafeez has a very good chance of covering what looks a fairly low total for someone who will always be in the game. 3pts Pakistan Most 6s 2/1 Skybet These are ludicrous odds. We saw earlier in the year when Pakistan toured South Africa that Pakistan are much bigger hitters of these two sides. South Africa had Dale Steyn bowling a close to banker 10 overs in that series too. Pakistan have recalled the big hitters for this series which means the likes of Shehzad, Umar Akmal and more importantly Shahid Afridi are back in their side. We've seen all year that this Pakistan bowling attack don't concede many sixes and without their strike bowler South Africa are likely to ship a few more. 2/1 looks a great price on Pakistan to hit the most sixes in this match. 1pt R.Peterson Top South Africa Bowler 11/2 Stan James The wicket in Sharjah usually offers plenty of turn so Robin Peterson should feel that he's in the game. Although Pakistan should be used to playing spin we saw Imran Tahir run through them in the last test match and spin has taken plenty of wickets in ODIs against them this year too. Peterson isn't the biggest turner in the world but importantly there aren't many left handers in this Pakistan middle order so Peterson will be taking the ball away from the batsmen throughout his spell. That brings the outside edge into play and the stumping if the batsmen come down the wicket so with Steyn absent the left arm spinner looks a big price to take the most wickets for South Africa in the opener.

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - ODI Series & T20 Series 6pts S.Ajmal Performance Pts - 40&Over @ 1.67 Bet365 2pts S.Ajmal Top Pakistan Bowler @ 3.50 Paddypower I fancy Ajmal to go well here. He took 4 wickets last time round and in the last 3 meetings with SA he has taken a minimum of 2 wickets which will cover the above mentioned line. Pakistan's batting tends to be fragile time to time, so him scoring a few runs with the bat or catching a player out is not out of the question. I fancy him to perform well against SA again. He took 6 wickets on this ground when he played SA in a test match recently.

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - ODI Series & T20 Series Thanks kev! I like the look of several bets/lines in this 4th ODI. Going to be backing the same bet again, now has landed in the last 5 meetings with SA and for similar reasons already mentioned above. 6pts S.Ajmal's Performance Pts @ 1.66 Bet365 There is another bet that I like the look of. In the 3 ODI's played thus far, this line has been covered and he has easily been Pakistan's most consistent batsman in the ODI series thus far scoring 58, 58 and 32 runs. I really like the fact that he doesn't mess about and gets on with his business and scores the runs quickly. He should have enough in him to cover this line once again. 5pts A.Shehzad's runs - Over 24.5 @ 1.83 Ladbrokes Going along with the similar theme, as mentioned Shehzad has scored 58, 58 and 32 runs in the ODI series. He was Pakistan's top batsman in all but the last ODI where the top batsman had 33 runs. Think it might be worth a speculative punt on him being Pakistan's top batsman in this ODI. 2pts A.Shehzad - Top Pakistan Batsman @ 4.50 Bet365 I also like the look of the performance pts of S.Afridi which is currently set on 41. In the 3 ODIs, he has gotten 3, 3 and 2 wickets respectively, so taking into consideration, we just need 2 wickets and 1 run, there is a high likelihood of this bet landing given that he has batted 9, 26 and 6 runs respectively up to date. He bats in position 7 and given so far in this series how both sides have the tendency to collapse, the chances of him scoring a couple of runs seems to be rather good. 4pts S.Afridi's Performance Pts - 41&Over @ 1.83 Bet365 Morkel has got 2,3,2 wickets respectively thus far, all of which would have seen him cover the current line. This is a riskier bet, seeing how he isn't as reliable with the bat and will need him to get the minimum of 2 wickets to see this line come in or a wicket and a catch. Regardless, I still fancy this bet coming in and I have taken it with smaller stakes. 3pts M.Morkel's Performance Pts - 28&Over @ 1.83 Bet365 Last one that I look the like of, across the 3 ODIs to date there hasn't been a highest individual score past 64 runs (58, 58, 64). This is just a speculative punt, but at these odds, I have to take a shot and see if this line will hold again, in a series which has seen the bowlers triumph more than the batsmen. 3pts Highest Individual Score - Under 70 @ 2.63 StanJames

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - ODI Series & T20 Series Just the one bet for me today. In the 4 ODI's played thus far, this line has been covered and he has easily been Pakistan's most consistent batsman in the ODI series thus far scoring 58, 58, 32 and 43 runs. He should have enough in him to cover this line once again. 5pts A.Shehzad's runs - Over 24.5 @ 1.83 Ladbrokes

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - ODI Series & T20 Series

Just the one bet for me today. In the 4 ODI's played thus far, this line has been covered and he has easily been Pakistan's most consistent batsman in the ODI series thus far scoring 58, 58, 32 and 43 runs. He should have enough in him to cover this line once again. 5pts A.Shehzad's runs - Over 24.5 @ 1.83 Ladbrokes
Ugh, I swear everything I bet on loses... Sigh. That's me done for this month... Sorry if anyone followed me on this :(