** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Ashes - Australia vs England

kevshat

Re: The Ashes - Australia vs England

AND..... once again offering up catches in a game where there is no realistic chance of winning (no justifiable reward vs. the risk of losing a wicket anyway) when all they should be doing is preserving their wickets. I don't get it.
That is what i dont understand also. You had Root today who started well, draw went into $1.80 and then he goes for a shot which he hadn't played all morning!! The rest of em, meh.. I dont know if there is a chance of a draw... Im hoping England keep the aussies runs o 1.5 an over, then Aus feel that they cant declare tonight... but fingers crossed

That is what i dont understand also. You had Root today who started well, draw went into $1.80 and then he goes for a shot which he hadn't played all morning!! The rest of em, meh.. I dont know if there is a chance of a draw... Im hoping England keep the aussies runs o 1.5 an over, then Aus feel that they cant declare tonight... but fingers crossed
They should have defended each and every wicket the way they defended the 10th one. It's a bit late at that point to start showing huge concern about preserving wickets. Also, who knows why Australia are batting again now, just wasting valuable bowling time. Amateurish errors on both sides methinks.

They should have defended each and every wicket the way they defended the 10th one. It's a bit late at that point to start showing huge concern about preserving wickets. Also' date=' who knows why Australia are batting again now, just wasting valuable bowling time. Amateurish errors on both sides methinks.[/quote'] Not to mention the weather over here in Adelaide looks to be raining tomorrow a little but pouring on Monday??? Weird... very weird... couldve thrown em back in... got 2-3-4 down by days end...

They should have defended each and every wicket the way they defended the 10th one. It's a bit late at that point to start showing huge concern about preserving wickets. Also' date=' who knows why Australia are batting again now, just wasting valuable bowling time. Amateurish errors on both sides methinks.[/quote'] I would re-consider punting big on a sport which you don't understand.. 1 - it's always important for a batting side to score boundaries and release any pressure that the bowling side are putting on the team. After runs are scored, the bowling style and field placements become less aggressive and it makes it easier to preserve your wicket for a longer period of time. There are very few batsmen who have the mental endurance to withstand hours of aggressive bowling without scoring. Pieterson is a typical example of a player who reverses pressure placed on him by scoring boundaries. 2 - Australia batted again because there bowlers were tired and needed a rest, so they can come back out and give 100%

Re: The Ashes - Australia vs England 3rd Test preview: 4pts B.Haddin's Performance Pts - 97&Over 5/6 Bet365 Although Mitchell Johnson has got all the headlines so far in the series one man who has had a big impact on it is Brad Haddin. He has scored two half centuries and a century in the series so far and he’s going well. This is a good ground for him too. He averages comfortably over 40 and has passed 50 three times in six innings here. You’d think catches will come his way on this track too so I think his performance total of 97 looks a touch low and is worth taking here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-england-3rd-test-betting-brad-haddin-can-continue-his-excellent-series-in-perth

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Ashes - Australia vs England 4th Test preview: 5pts Australia to win 4th Test 3/4 Unibet England look in a bit of disarray at the minute. They’ve been battered almost into submission on the field and are getting all sorts off it too and as such are really struggling. The senior players aren’t performing and the Australian batsmen are all over the English bowlers at the minute. The only concern I can see as far as Australia are concerned is whether they get complacent. This is the Ashes though and the way England beat them in the summer hurt bad so I don’t see that happening so I would expect another Australian win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-england-4th-test-betting-australia-can-continue-their-series-dominance-in-melbourne

Re: The Ashes - Australia vs England 5th Test preview: 4pts M.Johnson's Performance Pts - 138&Over 5/6 Bet365 This series has been all about one man in Mitchell Johnson and it would be fitting if he finishes off the series with another dazzling performance. He has been man of the match in three of the four Tests thus far and his performance totals to date in the series have been 283, 175, 169 and 172. With the wicket having a bit of grass on it the seamers are expected to go well at Sydney and I think he has another performance of 138 or more points in him given the form he has shown with the bat and the ball in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-england-5th-test-betting-mitchell-johnson-can-finish-the-series-with-a-flourish

Re: The Ashes - Australia vs England Ben Stokes top scoring batsman 8/1 skybet i like the look of this batsman his five wicket haul was impressive and he could score quite a few in this innings and with the batting more likely to collapse he could score big as he is impressive under pressure

Ben Stokes top scoring batsman 8/1 skybet i like the look of this batsman his five wicket haul was impressive and he could score quite a few in this innings and with the batting more likely to collapse he could score big as he is impressive under pressure
Great call. Stokes has definitely given a very good account of himself, made of the right stuff.