** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

October 28 - November 3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: October 28 - November 3

Back Alize Cornet (+5 games) to beat Simona Halep @ 2.43 with local bookie Halep is not THAT good and Cornet is not THAT bad to put out odds like this, thats a joke.
:spank Cornet is not THAT bad but Halep is THAT good. Thats a bad bet. You can fade her against top class players but not against Cornet. The price looks fair to me.

:spank Cornet is not THAT bad but Halep is THAT good. Thats a bad bet. You can fade her against top class players but not against Cornet. The price looks fair to me.
Hey, will see how it plays out. :) I know that Halep is on a good form lately, but for me 5 games is a lot. If she would play against someone standing 150th, okay, but Cornet is a decent player as well. Also in the only meeting these two played, she won, but that means almost nothing, match was 2 years ago.

Re: October 28 - November 3 Back Nicolas Almagro to beat Stanislas Wawrinka for a 2/10 stake at 2.44 with Pinnacle Lopez was able to take a set off Wawrinka despite being injured, so Almagro might be able to get the job done in its entirety on Thursday. Ironically, Wawrinka's victory against Lopez did take Almagro out of the ATP World Tour Finals equation for good, so there is yet another revenge factor to throw into the mix here (apart from the tough H2H record). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/almagro-vs-wawrinka-betting-nicolas-almagro-to-defeat-stanislas-wawrinka-in-paris Back Grigor Dimitrov to beat Juan Martin del Potro for a 2/10 stake at 3.07 with Pinnacle I might have been quite skeptical against Dimitrov's chances this week, but he has been playing well so far if I am to be honest, so he looks worth a shot to me here. Last year, Michael Llodra managed to defeat Juan Martin del Potro at this very stage of the tournament - and I wouldn't be surprised by seeing the Argentinian record yet another unlikely loss in the final ATP Masters 1000 event of the year today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dimitrov-vs-del-potro-betting-grigor-dimitrov-looks-value-against-the-world-s-number-five-

Re: October 28 - November 3 1 pick for the ATP PARIS today: ISNER-DJOKOVIC - DJOKOVIC OVER 13 GAMES @ 1.79 on pinnaclesports (go to Team Totals page) Having watched almost all matches between Djokovic and Isner - I have to say it never been easy for Djokovic. Should be a long close match, probably a 3 set match.

[... snip ...] Back Grigor Dimitrov to beat Juan Martin del Potro for a 2/10 stake at 3.07 with Pinnacle [... snip ...]
No way IMO. I watched them both yesterday, and the Grigor-Foggy match was the strangest one I have seen in many months. Foggy won 6 breaks and Grigor won 8. Both played as if they were drunk, apparent disinterest on both sides. Often it looked like "I put a big bang in and let's see how it ends.., didn't work?.. oh dear, but who cares " approach. Delpo was 100% focused against Cilic, and although Cilic helped alot with zillions of forehand unforced, Delpo was mentally the winner from the very start. I give Grigor nearly zero chance here. They played this year o IHard in Rotterdamm and DelPo won 6-4 6-4.... Actually, I have DelPo > Grigor as one of the legs in my today's parlay. But what about Simon to beat Ferrer? Ferrer was awful yesterday and deserved to lose vs Rosol, but Rosol collapsed in the decider. Simon has the chance IMO and the odds are raising because of course Ferrer is the defending champ :-) I shall give it a thought...

Re: October 28 - November 3 Yes, you are right with Dimitrov and Fognini, but have you thought that Delpo might have wanted just to defend the points, I mean to pass the yesterday's round and go for a well deserved rest now? He tanks when he needs, we know that ... About Simon I thought too, but Ferrer is not suffering with guys like Simon, but with players that have good service! Youzhny has beaten him cause he found some great angles, Simon is not able to play like that!

Re: October 28 - November 3 ^^ Thank you for reminding that fact - last year DelPo lost in Paris R2, but that was his third consecutive week after Vienna and Basel, and he played final in both of them (actually won both of them). This year he had week rest before Paris, but I agree that he grabbed enough points after US open so jumping on him could be risky. From the point of view you stressed up, the interesting match should be Federer-Kohlschreiber. Any thoughts? Fedex made it to London, did not play Paris at all last year and he was here solely to secure his place. Kohli is no pushover, but his vertigo frightens me :-)

Re: October 28 - November 3 Over 22.5 in Dimitrov vs Del Potro @ 1.94 188bet - If Cilic managed to drag Del Potro over this line, i think bulgarian player will do at least the same. Argentinian should really start feeling some fatigue after that much tennis lately and i'm not counting only on that but also on Dimitrov's nice form of late. Also, London masters is comming next week, Del Potro surely must think about that. Not saying he will tank the match but will surely have that in mind unlike Dimitrov who maybe plays his last match this year. All in all i expect both players to produce a good match here, and Dimitrov to take enough games for this line to be covered. So far they played only once and it was in Rotterdam in February this year and Del Potro won 6-4 6-4. GL

Re: October 28 - November 3 Back Jarmila Gajdosova to win WTA Nanjing for a 1/10 stake at 17.00 with Bet365 Can't ignore this price, even though the stakes need to be low on this one for obvious reasons. The thing is, Gajdosova seems to be on a real mission after a very long break that she took for putting her game back together - and she certainly has the quality that is required to beat the likes of Morita or Wickmayer, who aren't exactly on the top of their games right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-nanjing-betting-the-women-s-tournament-in-nanjing-could-see-a-slightly-forgotten-name-take-the-title Back Jarmila Gajdosova to beat Qiang Wang for a 2/10 stake at 1.66 with Pinnacle It might not be the best of ideas to invest so heavily into someone who hasn't played for almost a year, but Gajdosova is a class above Wang in terms of overall quality and she is yet to drop a set in four matches in this event, so I do indeed fancy her chances a lot. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gajdosova-vs-wang-betting-jarmila-gajdosova-should-have-no-problems-against-qiang-wang-on-friday

Re: October 28 - November 3 Tomas Berdych to beat David Ferrer @ 2.13 Pinnacle - Ferrer leads 7-3 in head-to-head meetings what suggests he's a bad matchup for czech player. However i think today Berdych has better chances to win. First reason is that Ferrer seems to me slower day after day, and his strokes are also getting slower and shorter, not enough power in them. He spent a lot of playing time on court lately and it seems to me like Ferrer lost his sharpness a bit even though results are not saying that. Berdych, on the other hand is fresh and well rested and looking for some match practice before London next week. He played well against Raonic yesterday, offered very little to canadian player and won in the end. I don't think Ferrer will find enough strength in this match to hurt Berdych from the baseline, Berdych after all is much better player than all the ones Ferrer won this and last week. Berdych should come out on top in this one, i give him about 60 per cent to do that. GL

Re: October 28 - November 3 Back Roger Federer to beat Juan Martin del Potro for a 2/10 stake at 2.10 with William Hill I would have Federer as the favorite here after seeing Juan Martin del Potro play against Dimitrov, so I think that this might be worth a punt. Federer seems to be playing slightly better than he was playing last week, while the Argentinian has already had to play two tight matches, even needing medical treatment against Grigor Dimitrov yesterday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/federer-vs-del-potro-betting-roger-federer-can-get-his-revenge-for-the-loss-in-basel

Back Roger Federer to beat Juan Martin del Potro for a 2/10 stake at 2.10 with William Hill I would have Federer as the favorite here after seeing Juan Martin del Potro play against Dimitrov, so I think that this might be worth a punt. Federer seems to be playing slightly better than he was playing last week, while the Argentinian has already had to play two tight matches, even needing medical treatment against Grigor Dimitrov yesterday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/federer-vs-del-potro-betting-roger-federer-can-get-his-revenge-for-the-loss-in-basel
I wouldn't be so sure, as we remember, Del Porto won with Federer last sunday 2:1, and i think today will be same game, more more likely is Over 22 games 3/10 stake at 2.10 bet365. As u can u see prince is same :)

I don't think many people expected to see all of the Masters tournament qualificants in QF of Bercy' date=' obviously top 10 players decided not to tank before London. Except for Tsonga maybe... :)[/quote'] Tsonga was visibly injured in Vienna and he was visibly struggling against Nishikori as well, so I wouldn't say that he wanted to tank this week - a few wins would get him to the ATP World Tour Finals, after all.

Re: October 28 - November 3 This year Paris is disaster. The usual strategy of fading players attending season ending championship failed, as all 8 Londoners are in the quarterfinals. Cannot remember when this happened the last time. The question is what their attitude to the Paris title is now, because obviously the one who wins Paris is going to suffer in London... Is the title worth the tiredness next week? My guess is ... yes. I expect full motivation now. Any opinions?

Re: October 28 - November 3 Rafael Nadal (-4) vs Richard Gasquet @ 1.91 10bet - I'm expecting Nadal to go all the way here, and he shouldn't have too much probles against Gasquet today. He has won eleven straight matches against the frenchman and most of those wins were convincing. Yesterday Rafa had a tough match against polish service-machine Jerzy Janowicz who played excellent, of course, inside of his limits. Nadal looked very motivated and i think he won't calculate here in Bercy, if he wanted to do that, yesterday was the right time, but instead he fought hard and won. Gasquet eliminated Nishikori quite comfortably yesterday in two sets but Nishikori is not at his best right now and beside that, i think he does not like to play indoors. Japanese defeated injured Tsonga prior to this match and was earlier destroyed by Dodig. Gasquet will face today very motivated Nadal who is looking to get some points here and keep the distance on the rankings ahead of Djokovic who also has very little to defend here, last year he got eliminated by Querrey in the opening round. Hope Nadal continues to beat Gasquet in head-to-head the way he was doing it so far. Nadal -4 @ 1.91 10bet

Re: October 28 - November 3 4pts - Rogerio Dutra Da Silva to beat Diego Sebastian Schwartzman @ 5/4 with William Hill. Ridiculous odds here in Montevideo. Bookies have it the wrong way round. Been following Da Silva's fortunes lately and let's just say I believe he's playing the best tennis of his career. Schwartzman will never play at a higher standard than Challenger Level, he simply hasn't got the weapons to hurt Da Silva on clay. Da Silva's monster-serve should be too hot for the Argentinian to handle and the Brazillian should be able to dictate most points if he continues his impressive serving. I expect the talented Brazilian to stroll it in straight-sets but I'll take the outright victory for a bit of a safety net.

Re: October 28 - November 3 Back Roger Federer (+1.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic for a 2/10 stake at 2.00 with Pinnacle I am not sure if Federer has what it takes to beat Djokovic right now, but I am pretty sure that he has what it takes to take a set off him. He seems to be playing freely in Paris - a huge difference from his performances in Basel - and this price looks worth taking to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/federer-vs-djokovic-betting-roger-federer-can-take-a-set-off-the-world-s-number-two Back Simona Halep to beat Ana Ivanovic for a 3/10 stake at 1.50 with Pinnacle Halep has been the real breakthrough lady this season and she is looking unstoppable once again, so I simply have to fancy her chances against Ana Ivanovic, who has two tough matches on her shoulders and who is far from her ideal form, losing against Vesnina yesterday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/halep-vs-ivanovic-betting-simona-halep-can-continue-her-tremendous-run-of-good-wins-in-sofia