October 28 - November 3

CzechPunter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: October 28 - November 3 Grigor Dimitrov to win ATP BNP Paribas 95.38 Pinnacle The game's biggest stars are in action this week in Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, with five former champions present. David Ferrer is looking to retain his title, having claimed his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown here a year ago. The No. 3 seed, who halted the stunning run of Jerzy Janowicz in last year's final, is coming off consecutive final runs in Stockholm and Valencia. Fellow Spaniard Rafael Nadal is chasing history in Paris as he looks to become the first player to win six ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crowns in one year. Roger Federer finds himself in Novak Djokovic's half of the draw and has a potential rematch of the Swiss Indoors Basel final with Juan Martin del Potro in the quarter-finals. Federer needs one match victory to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals for a 12th consecutive year. Stanislas Wawrinka and Richard Gasquet reside in the other remaining qualifying spots, with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga close on their heels. Milos Raonic needs to reach the final to have an outside chance at punching his ticket to London. Tommy Haas, Nicolas Almagro and Mikhail Youzhny also have faint hopes of qualifying if they win the title. Grigor has a hard task in the first round vs Michael Llodra. The lefty has been granted a wild card but he's in no form to dispose Grigor off. Dimitrov won the only full match they played in Orleans challenger three years ago in the semi-final. The poor form of Michael who is a Paris native will be cheered upon by the crowd but I don't think it's enough to stop Grigor. Up next after Michel for Grigor is Fabio Fognini who has a bye in to the second round. He lost to Fabio in Sydney in the beginning of the year on the outside hardcourt but he's made a turn around from that enough to take revenge against the italian and should show that the loss in the beginning of the year should not bother him on this indoor hardcourt. The main opponents is Juan-Martin Del Potro and Roger Federer ofcourse. Del Potro last year lost here in the second round and after his success in his last three tournaments I think he will have no motivations here just like last year. Roger is in form, but Grigor missed a lot of chances against him in Basel and I think he will be fully motivated to take revenge and also Roger does'nt have the right motivation coming in to this tournament this season since he is only one match win away from qualifying for London next week. A mutch bigger event to load up his guns for and that will be a decisive factor here also for Juan-Martin who already is qualified for next week. This might be a big chance for the Bulgarian talent. Last year saw some surprising results and one of the finalists was Jerzy Janowicz, who has started from the qualifications. This year I am could be another surprise, but not as big as Jerzy making the final last year. Dimitrov shined on indoors courts ,where his big serve gives him enough advantage so he can finish off points early. Grigor also does'nt have to headcase problems in longer rallies where he is very solid from the base line so he can stay in he points and eventually find his winners. As usual the topdogs in the competion has a questionable motivation for this last Masters and we might see some early exits by the top 4 players. Dimitrov is loved by the crowd thanks to attractive style of playing. I think with little more concentration and luck he could win this tournament. A minor stake to win this tournament is not so bad thinking I belive.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.