Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

Nfl week 8 picks

I'll be short after a fairly long break, I took three plays, but I should note I had atrocious form lately (5 of last 19 picks were correct...). Another losing week means me to quit Nfl betting this season... Broncos - Redskins Broncos is at a good spot, coming off a loss and heading to bye week. Incredible offense had been cooled lately, but they'll face with the worst defense of the league. On the other hand, RGIII reported to get better, he cost me some money against Dallas, due to his terrible performance, but he was better last week and Broncos' defense simply sucks against pass and will continue missing Champ Bailey. I lost two consecutive over bets with Redskins, first one happened because of a red zone drop, the latter was because of Griffin's terrible passing accuracy. Tonight, that should change. over 58.5 5/10 @1.909 Raiders - Steelers Public is all over the Steelers, but Steelers traditionally struggle a lot at pacific coast and despite seemed to fix some problems at the offensive end, they still have a terrible stop unit. They don't have pass rush, they struggle against rush, both should fit Raiders very well, as it's a team which allows too many pressure hit to their capable QB. I believe Pryor&McFadden tandem will hurt Steelers a lot and I really like to take home underdog in a noisy, sold out stadium. Steelers won in Pacific Coast only 1 time in last 10 years, back in 2005, when they became eventual Super Bowl champions. Raiders +1 5/10 @2.06 Bengals - Jets These two teams have arguably the best defensive front sevens with KC and Denver. Bengals' defense is great against rush and has tons of pass rushing, G.Smith will get sacked numerous times and he can't rely on his running backs. Bengals' defense doesn't have an effective secondary, but neither Jets' offense does, anyway. Jets has a good defense overall, they rock in ground game and their secondary is not pedestrian. A.Dalton was far from being accurate throughout the season and I'm not sure facing R.Ryan is the correct spot to start a new chapter. 17-13 Bengals win... under 41 5/10 @1.971

Re: Nfl week 8 picks Eagles -5.5 @1.980 at pinnacle Giants won their first game last week, but it was ugly game where Freeman throw ball over 50 times. With different gameplan and more running by AP I'm sure there will be different result. First win, but they didn't show a quality game. Brandon Jacobs probably wont play, and that leaves them with Payton Hillis at starting RB, he was watching NFL on TV two weeks ago. Eagles play hot and cold, but still have chance to win a division. Both teams have bad defences, but Eagles have big advantage in better OL and couple of game changing playmakers in McCoy and Jackson. Last week they lost against Cowboys, but were without Vick. He is back for this game, but he is not 100%. Also, in first game Eagles won by 15 point in NY. Also, I am thinking to put some money on Chiefs under 38.5 as I cant see Browns scoring lot with Campbell at QB, and Browns also have pretty solid D. Jets/Bengals I agree it can go under, thinking also to go for Bengals on handicap. AJ Green can make that difference.

Re: Nfl week 8 picks Sunday TV previews: 4pts Jacksonville vs San Francisco - Over 40pts 10/11 William Hill Wembley games tend to be high scoring affairs and even though the Jaguars are playing here this one may not be any different. Teams try to put on a show for the big occasion and so I can the ball getting a bit of air and some deep plays being tried out here. Both sides have playmakers and while I would expect San Francisco to win I think between them both sides can produce more than 40pts. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/san-francisco-49ers--jacksonville-jaguars-betting-both-sides-can-produce-plenty-of-points-on-the-big-stage 4pts Denver Over 35pts 10/11 Coral We’re going to see points in this match that much is sure. How many we see remains to be seen but I think we’ll see at least 35 from Denver. They average 42.6 points per game this season and with this Washington defence all over the place at the minute I would expect Peyton to pick them off almost at will. Last week’s 33 was the only time Denver haven’t scored 35 or more this season. They can get back to 35pts or more here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/washington-redskins--denver-broncos-betting-denver-can-pile-up-plenty-of-points-on-weak-washington-defence 4pts Green Bay (-8) to beat Minnesota 20/21 BetVictor I don’t expect the Vikings offense to look as bad with Freeman out with a concussion but let’s be honest Christian Ponder isn’t much better even though he knows the offense. Adrian Peterson tends to have big games against Green Bay but if the Packers can control him then I would expect a comfortable away win. The Vikings offense isn’t set up to go toe to toe with a side like Green Bay so I’ll take Green Bay to win this with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/green-bay-packers--minnesota-vikings-betting-green-bay-s-offense-can-guide-them-to-a-comfortable-win

Re: Nfl week 8 picks Kevshat do you think seattle will play better tonight than their last road game?and can they cover the 11 point spread,i dont expect too much on offence from the rams and their replacement qb,but they seem too have on ok defence.by the way that was some comeback from denver last night.

Re: Nfl week 8 picks Not sure. 11pts looks a lot for a road team in a division match. Would expect Seattle to win but not convinced it'll be by more than 11. Monday preview: 4pts M.Lynch Over 90.5 rushing yards 10/11 Skybet Given the weakness of the St Louis defence against the run and the extreme likelihood that Seattle will lead in this match and then choose to run the clock out I think Marshawn Lynch’s rushing yards are worth taking in this one. Lynch should be able to bust a couple of big runs and for someone with his power and form 90.5 yards looks fairly low. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/seattle-seahawks--st-louis-rams-betting-lynch-can-run-all-over-the-rams-in-nfc-west-battle

Re: Nfl week 8 picks just a small note: "Now, before you shout, "You're an idiot for betting on a double-digit road favorites," consider this: There have been 17 double-digit home divisional underdogs since 2002. You know what their spread record is? It's 8-9. Thus, if you've bet on all of these crap teams, you would've lost a bit of money. Now, if you flip this the other way, 9-8 isn't enough to wager on one side, but it's useful to be able to dispel the notion that wagering on double-digit favorites is a bad idea." taken from walterfootball.com btw, really nice picks kev, gl with lynch bet. it seems a really nice bet. i had finally a winning week, so adventure continues... (overall stats: 129unit staked, -10.983u, %-8.514 ROI)