** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1/6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]20[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th Anderlecht +2.5 AH @ 2.00 Bet365 might be a decent shout for this match. Ibra did not play this weekend due to fluid in his knee and Cavani has a slight hamstring injury. There is a very high possibility that PSG will line up without neither of their star strikers. In the event that happens, I think the bet I mentioned above will be pretty tempting. Will keep a lookout for team news, but if anyone else could shed some light on PSG's team news, I would appreciate it.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th I don't know how PSG will play without Ibrahimovic and Cavani. Anderlecht will try to avoid another humiliation and their main focus will be on defence. An interesting bet is Anderlecht (+1) First Half Handicap @17/10 [PaddyPower] It will get risky if PSG scores in the first 20 mins. This will probably be the PSG's line up for tonight: Sirigu Van der Wiel, Alex, Thiago Silva, Digne Motta, Rabiot, Verratti Lucas, Lavezzi, Menez

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th

It has been confirmed that neither Ibrahimovic & Cavani won't play tonight. Also' date=' Anderlecht's top scorer - Matias Suarez is going to miss the rest of the season with cruciate knee ligament damage. Source: {http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/301267/preview}
What about under 3.5 then?

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th Under 3.5 @1.75 is a gift for me. Apart from the fact that Cavani and Ibra won't play, PSG have practically qualified for the next round already. Tiago Silva is back to the squad which means that the defence line of PSG will look much better now. Also the Anderlecht top striker Matias Suarez is out. They still have Mitrovic and Bruno but I think it will be very difficult for them to score their first goal in the Champions League so far. On the other hand, PSG have an important game against Nice in the French Ligue 1 where the battle for the first place is furious. My prediction is a low-scoring game and a 1-0 or 2-0 win for PSG.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th Having watched the first leg it's worth pointing out that Anderlecht barely had a kick and PSG didn't need to get out of first gear, the class difference was pretty embarrassing. Lavezzi hasn't set the world alight this season, probably because of the fine form of Cavani and Ibra but it will be interesting to see him in a more central role, Lucas, him and Menez are hardly donkeys. Anderlecht will have to get their defensive shape right for this, they were all over the place in the first game, far too much space was given out wide and PSG were able to cross the ball in at will, they couldn't hold a defensive line either. Ibra's magic helped them on their way but they would have won comfortably without him..wouldn't back Anderlecht with much confidence here but the +2.5AH at over evens might have been the way to go as silzorn noted above but I see that price has long gone now.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th PSG are weakened upfront, the motivation can't be very high after trashing Anderlecht in the away game, with their group position assuring them (almost) progress to the next round. The belgium team have nothing to lose and they also need at least a point here to hope to continue in some competition. It's Champions League and I'm not entirely sure this competition is a fully honest one, so why not, for the value, Anderlecht win @ 26 and CS 0-0 @ 21

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th Paris SG probable : Sirigu - Van der Wiel, Alex, Marquinhos, Maxwell - Verratti, Thiago Motta, Matuidi - Lucas, Lavezzi, Ibrahimovic (cap.). Anderlecht probable : Kaminski - Vanden Borre, Mbemba, Kouyaté, Deschacht - Kljestan (cap.), Milivojevic, N'Sakala, De Zeeuw, Bruno - Mitrovic.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th The difference in class between these two sides is obvious. Ibra or Cavani not playing is only relevant if you were playing this game over 4,5... Every other market wont budge around this. PSG playing at home, with 3-4 players who are screaming for attention that should get a chance at starting the match. Anderlecht is a disaster defensivly, their atack relies solely on Mitrovic to lower the high balls to the wingers, or to try and do something on his own (this is the underdog tactic, when they play domestic league its a bit different). So all this enthusiasm regarding backing Anderlecht is overhyped IMO... I certainly expect a comfortable match for PSG (probably a handicap win)... The bench is long, players are not too tired after a leisure win on friday. I will definetly avoid backing Anderlecht for anything more than 2 units on a +3 handicap if it provides any value.. Everything else in this match just seems too ballsy or provides too little value. So a try with Anytime goalscorer Lucas (@ 3,00 on bet365) or Mitrovic (@7,00 on bet365) as the most likely scorer for Anderlecht (should they score at all) for a small stake ofcourse.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th As u can see , Anderlecht coach choose for "experience" with Deschacht, Kljestan and De Zeeuw, leaving young talents Tielemans and Praet on the bench like last few matchs in the championship....we saw some improvement in the organization, very defensive approach but with boring game without any chances even against small teams : the goal is clear = taking the pts and limit the damage till January mercato when they will try to get central defender, striker , btw next week ex- player from PSG Sissoko is expected to sign ...for this match i don't expect again a 5 0 but smth like 2 or 3 0 will do

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th "John van den Brom’s men must have been cautiously optimistic when injury ruled their tormentor-in-chief out of Saturday’s 4-0 Ligue Un victory over Lorient, but their hopes were dashed when the mercurial Swede was passed fit for tonight’s squad, alongside the returning Thiago Silva." source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/2994/betting/2013/11/05/4383861/paris-st-germain-anderlecht-betting-preview-theres-money-to?ICID=SP_FT_1 There seems to be conflicting articles on whether Ibra is fit or not. I am definitely going to be hanging on to my money till the team news are out. If Ibra does indeed start, backing PSG (-1.5 AH) with Bayern (-1.5 AH) double at a juicy price of over evens might be the way forward for me tonight. Even the odds on PSG to win to nil @ 1.75 Coral is appealing should Ibra indeed start the game.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 5th

slizorn' date=' PSG should cover -1.5 even without Ibrahimovic though.[/quote'] To be honest, I have not been following PSG for a long time, only since the start of this season. Do you have any stats to back up a PSG side without Cavani or Ibra? If you do and if you can share them, I would appreciate it and be happy to back the handicap. Unfortunately I don't, hence why I am relying on him to start before I have the level of confidence I need to back them on the handicap, otherwise I rather steer clear.