** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Wednesday November 6th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5/6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11/4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Wednesday November 6th Dortmund generally deliver in the big home games, last season they beat a very good Real Madrid side twice (2-1, 4-1), Man City (1-0), in fact they have won their last 7 games at home in the CL. People will look at Arsenal's result away in the Allianz last season as proof they can pull off a result here, and it was a very good performance but if you look at their CL results away from home recently they are decent but bar the Munich game they haven't really beaten anyone of note. That Bayern game was probably the worst I've seen Bayern play in the last two seasons, they didn't get going at all and I can only think it was because in their minds the tie was already over and won, as good as Arsenal have been this season this is still a very, very difficult place to go and worringly for them Dortmund are kicking into form. Arsenal will be missing Gibbs for whom Monreal will come in other than that they should be unchanged, Wilshire is unlikely to be risked and Flamini is out but both should be fit for the game at Old Trafford at the weekend. It's well documented how well Flamini has done so far and this might be a game where they really miss his ability to break up play and retain possession, his passing stats are in the top 3 for the EPL so far, a solid defensive midfield is essential against Dortmund. It is no secret how Dortmund will play, they run and run and run in forward positions, covering up to 10km a man more than the opposition in these positions. I said before the last game between these two that Dortmund hadn't quite got going yet in an attacking sense but they look to have sorted that and are knocking goals in for fun again. Reus and Lewandowski are in blistering form, Lew hitting a hat-trick on Friday to move onto 12 in 14 this season, Reuse has scored or assisted a third of Dortmunds goals this season. Arsenal's likely line-up on Wednesday looks pretty attacking to me; -------------------Szczesny--------------- Sagna-----Mertesacker-----Kos-----Monreal ----------Arteta-----------Ramsey--------- Cazorla--------------Ozil------------Rosicky --------------------Giroud----------------- They can certainly give Dortmund problems on the break, Rosicky, Ozil and Cazorla are great players but they are going to have to cover a hell of a lot of ground defensively too, but there's no doubt the Dortmund defence can be exposed, and Arsenal will go there confident of scoring. The systems both employ are pretty similar, and like the game a couple of weeks ago it will probably come down to another battle of wits in midfield, unless we get a sending off or a daft penalty decision this is a match likely to be decided by small margins and therefore it isn't one I would go heavily into. I think the missing Flamini might be more apparent than it was at the weekend, I will back Dortmund to win for a small stake but I think it will be tight, not taken the bet yet as Dortmund's odds are rising but will do so at some point. Dortmund - 1.72 - coral - 2 Points Dortmund to Win by 1 Goal Margin - 3.75 - bet365 - 0.5 Points

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Wednesday November 6th 4pts Over 3 goals 1.90 Bet365 There were three goals when these two met in London a couple of weeks ago and I think we’ll see at least that many here. This time the onus is on Dortmund to be a little more expansive and a little more attacking and I think that can leave some gaps for Arsenal to exploit. Both sides really need a win here else it gets tricky from here on in so in search of that win we should see a few goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/borussia-dortmund-vs-arsenal-betting-expect-to-see-plenty-more-goals-at-the-westfalenstadion

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Wednesday November 6th

Dortmund generally deliver in the big home games, last season they beat a very good Real Madrid side twice (2-1, 4-1), Man City (1-0), in fact they have won their last 7 games at home in the CL. People will look at Arsenal's result away in the Allianz last season as proof they can pull off a result here, and it was a very good performance but if you look at their CL results away from home recently they are decent but bar the Munich game they haven't really beaten anyone of note. That Bayern game was probably the worst I've seen Bayern play in the last two seasons, they didn't get going at all and I can only think it was because in their minds the tie was already over and won, as good as Arsenal have been this season this is still a very, very difficult place to go and worringly for them Dortmund are kicking into form. Arsenal will be missing Gibbs for whom Monreal will come in other than that they should be unchanged, Wilshire is unlikely to be risked and Flamini is out but both should be fit for the game at Old Trafford at the weekend. It's well documented how well Flamini has done so far and this might be a game where they really miss his ability to break up play and retain possession, his passing stats are in the top 3 for the EPL so far, a solid defensive midfield is essential against Dortmund. It is no secret how Dortmund will play, they run and run and run in forward positions, covering up to 10km a man more than the opposition in these positions. I said before the last game between these two that Dortmund hadn't quite got going yet in an attacking sense but they look to have sorted that and are knocking goals in for fun again. Reus and Lewandowski are in blistering form, Lew hitting a hat-trick on Friday to move onto 12 in 14 this season, Reuse has scored or assisted a third of Dortmunds goals this season. Arsenal's likely line-up on Wednesday looks pretty attacking to me; -------------------Szczesny--------------- Sagna-----Mertesacker-----Kos-----Monreal ----------Arteta-----------Ramsey--------- Cazorla--------------Ozil------------Rosicky --------------------Giroud----------------- They can certainly give Dortmund problems on the break, Rosicky, Ozil and Cazorla are great players but they are going to have to cover a hell of a lot of ground defensively too, but there's no doubt the Dortmund defence can be exposed, and Arsenal will go there confident of scoring. The systems both employ are pretty similar, and like the game a couple of weeks ago it will probably come down to another battle of wits in midfield, unless we get a sending off or a daft penalty decision this is a match likely to be decided by small margins and therefore it isn't one I would go heavily into. I think the missing Flamini might be more apparent than it was at the weekend, I will back Dortmund to win for a small stake but I think it will be tight, not taken the bet yet as Dortmund's odds are rising but will do so at some point. Dortmund - 1.72 - coral - 2 Points Dortmund to Win by 1 Goal Margin - 3.75 - bet365 - 0.5 Points
I'd go the other way on this one, pretty much because it's a must not lose for Arsenal. Only question for me would be how motivated Arsenal are. It's obvious that the Premier League is the prize for them now, and Wenger I'm sure knows there's no way they can challenge for both. That being said, a group stage exit will always bring out the doom mongers. If I were a betting man :p a lay of Dortmund would be my play.

I'd go the other way on this one' date=' pretty much because it's a must not lose for Arsenal. Only question for me would be how motivated Arsenal are. It's obvious that the Premier League is the prize for them now, and Wenger I'm sure knows there's no way they can challenge for both. That being said, a group stage exit will always bring out the doom mongers. If I were a betting man :p a lay of Dortmund would be my play.[/quote'] I personally don't think motivation will be a problem for Arsenal, Wenger has always tried his best in this competition. I thought they were unlucky to lose the home tie, they bossed the ball in the 2nd half and got hit with a sucker punch trying to get the win. Getting to the knock out stages of the CL is a must for Arsenal if they are serious about attracting some more top players in January or the summer. They don't have the strength in depth to win a champions league, but if they buy a "Suarez" in January, who knows. I am not betting on the game but I think it will be very tight and I'd personally go for the Under 2.5 goals if I was having a bet

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Wednesday November 6th 'Motivation' has little to do with it for me, players at this level don't struggle to get motivated in front of 80,000 in one of the best atmospheres in Europe. Both teams are in the same position in needing the win, Arsenal are under more pressure to get at least a point - it's debateable to think if this is to their advantage or not, don't think it is personally. Hummels is '97%' likely to be missing for Dortmund which certainly helps the over 2.5 punters.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Wednesday November 6th People making a lot of interesting points on this thread, I am struggling to fit all the pieces together to make a clear picture for this game. I still can't shake the feeling that the markets are pricing Arsenal off the back of Real Madrid's naievty last season and for me it doesn't wash. Betdaq are offering Arsenal +1 @ 1.79 and normally I'd be tempted but this is the kind of game where they could do with some of their high octane players such as Flamini, Wilshere and Walcott so against Dortmund they are all big absences for me. Dortmund fortunate to gain all 3pts at the emirates but they are indeed imperious at the Westfalenstadion as HastGill already mentioned. If Hummels is really out then it's a huge blow for the home side imo and a nice boost for Arsenal. Very interesting but highly unpredictable game in my view and I will also take the no bet stance here.

People making a lot of interesting points on this thread, I am struggling to fit all the pieces together to make a clear picture for this game. I still can't shake the feeling that the markets are pricing Arsenal off the back of Real Madrid's naievty last season and for me it doesn't wash. Betdaq are offering Arsenal +1 @ 1.79 and normally I'd be tempted but this is the kind of game where they could do with some of their high octane players such as Flamini, Wilshere and Walcott so against Dortmund they are all big absences for me. Dortmund fortunate to gain all 3pts at the emirates but they are indeed imperious at the Westfalenstadion as HastGill already mentioned. If Hummels is really out then it's a huge blow for the home side imo and a nice boost for Arsenal. Very interesting but highly unpredictable game in my view and I will also take the no bet stance here.
How can you say Wilshere is a big lose? Sure Walcott is a big loss and Flamini a little loss (I have big faith in Arteta, a really underestimated player) but how can you say Wilshere be a big lose? He cant play at the dm/cm postions becasue he has some really crappy defensive skills. Sure he can play at a wing against teams like Norwich but not against big teams like Dortmund. The postition that would suit him best if he was healthy would be the COM postion but their you Özil for atleast 3,4 years to come, you have Cazorla that is a class player and Rosckicky that always works hard. I believe in his future in Arsenal but for him to be able to play at the dm/cm postions he need to train up his defence big. And to become Arsenals new English general and The Lions big midfield star he has a long way to go. Why are the English over estimating him so much? Sure he got loads of talents, but still alot to learn to become Arsenals Gerrad och Lampard. This a no bet for me. Could end anywhere between 4-1 to 0-2 but will be a fun match to watch. Sry for bad English.

Dortmund generally deliver in the big home games, last season they beat a very good Real Madrid side twice (2-1, 4-1), Man City (1-0), in fact they have won their last 7 games at home in the CL. People will look at Arsenal's result away in the Allianz last season as proof they can pull off a result here, and it was a very good performance but if you look at their CL results away from home recently they are decent but bar the Munich game they haven't really beaten anyone of note. That Bayern game was probably the worst I've seen Bayern play in the last two seasons, they didn't get going at all and I can only think it was because in their minds the tie was already over and won, as good as Arsenal have been this season this is still a very, very difficult place to go and worringly for them Dortmund are kicking into form. Arsenal will be missing Gibbs for whom Monreal will come in other than that they should be unchanged, Wilshire is unlikely to be risked and Flamini is out but both should be fit for the game at Old Trafford at the weekend. It's well documented how well Flamini has done so far and this might be a game where they really miss his ability to break up play and retain possession, his passing stats are in the top 3 for the EPL so far, a solid defensive midfield is essential against Dortmund. It is no secret how Dortmund will play, they run and run and run in forward positions, covering up to 10km a man more than the opposition in these positions. I said before the last game between these two that Dortmund hadn't quite got going yet in an attacking sense but they look to have sorted that and are knocking goals in for fun again. Reus and Lewandowski are in blistering form, Lew hitting a hat-trick on Friday to move onto 12 in 14 this season, Reuse has scored or assisted a third of Dortmunds goals this season. Arsenal's likely line-up on Wednesday looks pretty attacking to me; -------------------Szczesny--------------- Sagna-----Mertesacker-----Kos-----Monreal ----------Arteta-----------Ramsey--------- Cazorla--------------Ozil------------Rosicky --------------------Giroud----------------- They can certainly give Dortmund problems on the break, Rosicky, Ozil and Cazorla are great players but they are going to have to cover a hell of a lot of ground defensively too, but there's no doubt the Dortmund defence can be exposed, and Arsenal will go there confident of scoring. The systems both employ are pretty similar, and like the game a couple of weeks ago it will probably come down to another battle of wits in midfield, unless we get a sending off or a daft penalty decision this is a match likely to be decided by small margins and therefore it isn't one I would go heavily into. I think the missing Flamini might be more apparent than it was at the weekend, I will back Dortmund to win for a small stake but I think it will be tight, not taken the bet yet as Dortmund's odds are rising but will do so at some point. Dortmund - 1.72 - coral - 2 Points Dortmund to Win by 1 Goal Margin - 3.75 - bet365 - 0.5 Points
Fair play to Arsenal, think a draw would have been a fair result but they took their chance when they got it. Good time to be an Arsenal fan..