** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Atlético de Madrid v FK Austria Wien > Wednesday November 6th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Atlético de Madrid v FK Austria Wien (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2/11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]22[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Atlético de Madrid v FK Austria Wien > Wednesday November 6th Atletico have won the first half in every home game since the start of the season, including against Barca in the Supercup. This is no coincidence - Atletico start with a very high tempo and slow down in the last 30 minutes after being a few goals up. The 30 min 'rest' are needed for the team because it doesn't have such a long bench as other top teams. Their opponents Austria are the weakest team in this season's CL and are without a doubt the weakest side Atletico have faced at home this season. Atletico to be 2 goals up a half time seems a great option. Atletico -1 AH half time 1.75 @Bet365 :ok

Re: Atlético de Madrid v FK Austria Wien > Wednesday November 6th Dreadful day yesterday :( Anyone have any team news regarding Costa starting for this game? I currently fancy either Atletico Madrid to beat the -1.5 AH, or Atletico Madrid to win to nil might be the way forward in this game. If I am not mistaken Atletico Madrid won the reverse fixture away from home 3-0. The gulf in class is bound to show, and with Atletico Madrid playing at home, I would be confident in them getting the job done, as recent fixtures tend to indicate a strong home form.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v FK Austria Wien > Wednesday November 6th I don't usually like betting on half time results but I'm going to make an exception today as I feel Atletico HT/FT at 1.45 BetVictor is far better value than 1.33 on the -1 handicap. As has been mentioned before Atletico have been winning at half time in all of their home games this season and I can't see them not doing the same today. Bilbao came flying out of the blocks at the weekend but Atletico still managed to be 2 nil up at the break and recorded another home win. Bilbao came back into the game in the second half when Atletico slowed down a bit possibly because they had their minds on the Champions League and should have scored as the game approached full time. I'm a bit wary of backing handicaps here after what happened yesterday and I wouldn't be surprised if Atletico turned their attention to the weekend in the second half like they seemed to do against Bilbao. Austria Wien showed a good account of themselves against Porto and Zenit from what I have heard as well so I don't think they'll be complete pushovers. Very confident of Atletico at HT/FT though and it looks like great combo material to take with either a Chelsea or Napoli win with all three as a treble paying 3.05 at Betvictor.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v FK Austria Wien > Wednesday November 6th Excuse me Diego Costa the man in big form. He played 12 games already in the league and scored 13 goals (only in 2 games he did not score)! He missed the first two group games in the Champions League by a suspension. Last match away against the same opponent as today he scored 2 goals! So for me: Diego Costa to score at 1.6 Unibet

Re: Atlético de Madrid v FK Austria Wien > Wednesday November 6th

Atletico have won the first half in every home game since the start of the season, including against Barca in the Supercup. This is no coincidence - Atletico start with a very high tempo and slow down in the last 30 minutes after being a few goals up. The 30 min 'rest' are needed for the team because it doesn't have such a long bench as other top teams. Their opponents Austria are the weakest team in this season's CL and are without a doubt the weakest side Atletico have faced at home this season. Atletico to be 2 goals up a half time seems a great option. Atletico -1 AH half time 1.75 @Bet365 :ok
3-0 bet won