Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 15 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Greece v Romania (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11/10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5/2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10/3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Iceland v Croatia (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5/2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6/5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Portugal v Sweden (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4/5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]14/5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9/2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ukraine v France (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]23/10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12/5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6/4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th Ukraine vs. France draw @ 3,20 looks nice to me. Both are low scoring teams in tight games, and French side should be fine with a draw playing the second leg at home. No important missings on both sides, 3 out of 7 H2H ended up with a draw.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th Sweden seem to concede a good few goals against the decent sides especially away from home and will find it tough to stop Ronaldo in this form. Even though he hasn't shown his best form in the qualifiers for Portugal his goal scoring record is remarkable this season and he looks unstoppable at the moment. At home Portugal will be looking to bring a lead to Sweden and with Ronaldo the main man in attack they'll be looking to him to provide the goals. 4pts Ronaldo anytime goalscorer at evens Bet365 (As short as 1.6 in many bookmakers!)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th I can see a few goals being scored here, as Portugal will want to take a healthy lead into the 2nd leg, and Ibrahimović has said that as Sweden are underdogs they will go out looking to attack from the start of the game. Sweden put 3 past Germany who are a better side than Portugal IMHO, although they conceded 5. Last I heard Ronaldo did not practice on Tuesday but will play. Only slight worry to the overs bet is the odd 0-0 between these teams in the past, that and the Ronaldo's left foot being injured. Portugal are rightly favorites, but personally I think they are a bit over-rated, might be value on Sweden? I have taken over 2.5 @ Betfair 5/10pts & 3-1 @ 17 (BF 0.5pt) & 3-2 @ 36 (BF 0.25pt) Good luck too everyone betting on tonight's games.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th Ukraine France under 2.5 Ukraine have been dogged at home and grind out results without conceding much. They are better than their name. This will be tight, I think, very tactical, both not wanting to concede and especially the French wanting to save their assault on the tie until France. The Ukrainians will likely go for it at some point but won't try and flood forward from the beginning against a team with Ribery, Valbuena, Benz, Remy, Giroud, Nasri etc etc. I'm predicting attrition warfare.:ok

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th 4pts Portugal vs Sweden - Both teams to score 11/10 Boylesports I think these are two sides who attack a lot better than they defend and although the emphasis is probably on not losing this first leg and making sure you are in the tie next week I think we’ll see some goals. We’ve got two of Europe’s hottest properties on the pitch here who I’m sure will stand up and be counted but the support play isn’t too bad either so I would suggest we’ll see both sides score here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/portugal-vs-sweden-betting-both-sides-can-score-to-set-the-second-leg-up-nicely

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th

Ukraine France under 2.5 Ukraine have been dogged at home and grind out results without conceding much. They are better than their name. This will be tight, I think, very tactical, both not wanting to concede and especially the French wanting to save their assault on the tie until France. The Ukrainians will likely go for it at some point but won't try and flood forward from the beginning against a team with Ribery, Valbuena, Benz, Remy, Giroud, Nasri etc etc. I'm predicting attrition warfare.:ok
Don't the Ukrainians need to score? A home draw would be a horrible result for them.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th Am I missing something? Why are the odds on Sweden that high? It makes no sense, since Sweden played 4:4 and 5:3 against Germany who is very far away from portugal as far as quality football go. I might see a Portugal win here but maybe only for a small margin, it all depends on Ibra's mood, so i'll have 3 bets on this, BTTS @ 2.05, sweden +1 @ 1.83 and sweden PK @ 6.60 min stake

Am I missing something? Why are the odds on Sweden that high? It makes no sense' date=' since Sweden played 4:4 and 5:3 against Germany who is very far away from portugal as far as quality football go. I might see a Portugal win here but maybe only for a small margin, it all depends on Ibra's mood, so i'll have 3 bets on this, BTTS @ 2.05, sweden +1 @ 1.83 and sweden PK @ 6.60 min stake[/quote'] One problem with starting eleven for Sweden is that Elm is starting instead of oldman Anders "Taco" Svensson. Svensson is normally really good for our nt even he is almost 40 but Elm often look like he is going to shit pants. And letse not forget that we have haved big problems with finding a good cb pair that works together.

Don't the Ukrainians need to score? A home draw would be a horrible result for them.
Think Ukraine wouldn't be too disappointed with 0-0 draw. France are still relatively young and they could really feel the pressure playing at home in the 2nd leg where any mistake could knock them out. Ukraine went for it vs France at the Euros and lost 2-0 on home soil, think they will learn from that and play a tighter match. There's good value on the draw here @3.20

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th 15 Nov 2013, 21:45 World Cup 2014 » Greece - Romania (1st Leg) Greece deserved reaching the final of the FIFA World Cup directly, but 8 wins , 1 draw and 1 defeat in 10 matches was not enough to take first place in the group. And in all these meetings team conceded only 4 goals , 3 of them in one match with Bosnia , in the rest of the 9 meetings only 1 (!) So it's safe to say that the greeks defense is very strong. Home game deserves some words. 4 wins and 1 draw , about this , single goal conceded. Romania are "occasional guest" in the play-offs , to thank for it to the dutch national team , which first beat in the penultimate round Hungary, and the last round on the road Turkey , although these matches for the dutch had no tournament value. Neither the composition nor the game in fact the romanians at the moment say something, and if Turkey did not failed start of the group stage , even the dutch team not knew how it could help Romania. Adrian Mutu kicked out of the camp , as he was unhappy with the role that takes in team. The key defender of Tottenham Vlad Chiriches injured (big blow) , and the main goalkeeper Tatarusanu to take part in the match questionable. Of course, would be a logical bet on Under (2.5), but the odds are too small , and Under (2) is practically doomed to return , and considering what is stunning form frontline hosts Mitroglou (11 goals in 8 matches ) presence in attack also names like Samaras and Salpingidis, I would not even be surprised devastating local victory , just now Romania is not the team that can offer resistance to Greece, in Athens , with the support of the crazy crowd. Greece is my selection here for evens odds (2.0) Bet365

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th 15 Nov 2013, 21:00 World Cup 2014 » Iceland - Croatia (1st Leg) Iceland broke several records last time , for the first time in the history of going into the play-offs and may be the smallest country to have ever played in the final stages of the World Cup. Once in a very smooth group with Switzerland , Slovenia , Norway , Albania and Cyprus , Icelanders have managed to take 2nd place , but before the start of the group stage had the worst rating of all the teams who have fallen into the group E. On the other hand, Croatia , quite unevenly held group stage , behind the leader Belgium as much as 9 points. This result is clearly not satisfied with the Croatian Football Federation , so before the play-offs , it was decided to fire head coach Igor Stimac and in its place put youth coach Niko Kovac. Soon we see whether this is a good solution. The composition of Icelanders quite unbalanced. If the attack played by such illustrious figures as Sigthorson (Ajax), Sigurdsson (Tottenham), Gudmundsson (AZ), here's goalkeeper and the defense the weak link. The main goalkeeper Gunnleifsson representative of the domestic championship team Breydablik. Defender Arnason representative of English League 1, where he plays for Rotherham , Skulason representative of the danish Odense. It's clear that Iceland, in the group stage , missed the most goals of the teams , who took 2nd place , as many as 15 , but the attack is more than compensated for these failures defense , scoring 17 goals. With the line of attack, which is available for the croats: Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic - visitors simply must score at least one goal , well, Icelanders have nothing to lose , because it is the most important match in the history of their country , so the team will go on the attack, the attack's benefit is their trump card. In this scenario, betting on both to score (2.10 at Bet365) looks like the most logical one. GL!

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th 15 Nov 2013, 21:45 World Cup 2014 » Ukraine - France (1st Leg) I am half Ukrainian, the national team of Ukraine and Ukrainian clubs in European competition I always support. But this time, I will give unpatriotic probably forecast. I would like to see our team in Brazil, the real chances are small in my opinion . Hit Ukraine on any other opponent out of four - would be a favorite for me , the team under Fomenko cute, but against France ... the chances personally I rate low, and I think even in the first confrontation between France bookies overestimate the yellow and blue. Many write - and say , the French team "is not the same", the selection has not superstar players , the team plays under a very convincing loser coach and all that jazz song. Guys, this is nonsense. Yes, France is not out of the group from the first place , simply because was in a group with Spain - the strongest team in Europe. However, even with Spain "le bleu" butting away 1-1 and losing 0-1 at home but lost the chance of a direct hit in Brazil. Actually , the defeat of Spain was the only one in the qualifying course. And so - the team as a whole played at a good level. Lost points in Georgia , but that was after the defeat of Spain. In Finland and Belarus away win. That is, there is no crisis personally I do not see - a special reason to break everybody in France was not a key fight with Spain, they lost a hard-fought struggle , and the second place was guaranteed. Selection of weak players. Well, do not believe. In the attack against the Ukrainians will likely be trio Ribery - Giroux - Remy . Ribery - a contender for the Golden Ball and objectively one of the best players at the moment in the world, Giroux scored great form in Arsenal , Remy 8 goals in 10 appearances for Newcastle. Plus, the stock has a trump card , as Benzema - this can come out and in one episode to solve the whole game, in midfield - talent Pogba , fighting Matuidi. Yes , these guys are not as stellar so far , but on the content of the game, if you look at football - they are very strong guys. Plus Deschamps still have Samir Nasri, Manchester City player. By the way, many people said Ukraine is playing at home , home advantage... Yet only a year ago, the french team without any problems even beat Ukraine 0-2 , which in theory should have been on hand to Ukrainians. The French play approximately the same composition , and the Ukrainians if they become stronger... I do not think that much. On defense of France - also entirely players top leagues and clubs experienced guys who play top games every Sunday. Coach - a man who was a very strong player , world champion. In short , I see no reason to believe the French weak - this is really one of the five or six best teams in Europe, and directly at the World Cup , they were not included simply because they played in a group withdinosaurs - the Spain. Of course , the Ukrainian team is also very strong and Fomenko added to the team. But in the class , it is clearly inferior to the French team. In each position. The fact that the Ukrainians banal lack of class to achieve the highest goals , it was also evident in the home match with England. The desire is there , dedication is there, but the level is sufficient to confidently beat the Polish team or Montenegro, but not the level of the team of France. However, the fact that the Ukrainian team has played so well under Fomenko, greatly overshadowed the minds of many fans , thus greatly mixed oddsmakers minds regarding odds for Ukraine. At the same Euro 2012 back to a clean victory over Ukraine, France, an average of about 2.05 , here given by an average of 2.45 Although the French did not become weaker , and the Ukrainians if added , it is not so much. The backbone of the team , in general, the same , except that left Shevchenko , Tymoshchuk took place on the bench , and the real leaders are the same - Konopljanka , Yarmolenko , Gusev. Well, let's remember the same match against England. Obviously , the Ukrainians could take a chance to put pressure and try to win , but were afraid and played carefully, and the result - 0:0. The british have defended 0:0 with no major problems , in fact really dangerous moments of Ukrainians almost was not. The French were even more powerful than England, and the Ukrainians in this game for sure will become even more careful , because enough to miss one goal in his field - and the chance of reaching the World Cup will decrease significantly. In general , here's how to beat France. It should be: a) the perfect play on the defensive against players such as Ribery, Benzema, Giroud , Nasri , and b) realize the 1-2 scoring chances that can create With the second may not be a problem - Yarmolenko and Konopljanka very capable guys. But first... I just remember how ineptly defended Ukraine vs France at the Euro 2012. In short, a draw - is quite likely. Of course, in football anything can happen , and if Ukraine wins - I will be very happy, but in reality the probability of a home win , in my opinion, is not higher than 20 %. Odds give it such as if the probability is 30-35 %. Again, only a year before the victory over France in Donetsk, Ukraine was worth considerably less - but is it so significantly reduced the likelihood of 2 ? I do not think. In any case , good luck to our boys in Kiev! I would be happy if the forecast will be wrong and Ukraine wins :) By the way, forgot to mention the selection.. so here goes - X at Half Time for 1.95 Bwin. Can see 0:0 after 45 minutes, the stake is so high and Fomenko does not look like an adventurer , he is cautious pragmatist

Re: World Cup Qualifiers European Play-Offs - Friday November 15th 15 Nov 2013, 21:45 World Cup 2014 » Portugal - Sweden (1st Leg) There goes the most expected game to watch for tonight: Cristiano Ronaldo vs Zlatan Ibrahimovic! I like to base bet on the fact that a World Cup without the magical Cristiano Ronaldo is... a very big loss for a lots of corporations and for the FIFA aswell - and why not for the entire spectacle. The business world will want CR7 at the WC they will loose "some" millions.. it is simple, and no ofense for the Swede, tonight I cannot see only 15% advantage given by the referees (Italy).. but a bit more. This said, I am not a big fan of CR7 , for me to watch Real Madrid vs Manchester Utd or to watch Barcelona vs Manchester Utd (an exemple) - definetly the second match , because in that one will play.. the best player in the world, Lionel Messi! Crazy Tips: - Cristiano Ronaldo (Por) anytime 1.95 Bet365 - Will be given a penalty? Yes 3.75 Unibet - Will Cristiano Ronaldo (POR) score from a penalty in the match? Yes 4.75 Bwin - Portugal to score from a penalty? Yes 6.0 Unibet