** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

October 21 - October 27

Back Tomas Berdych to win ATP Basel for a 1/10 stake at 6.00 with Bet365 Roger Federer as the second-biggest favourite here? Nah, I don't think so. The Czech number one is the second-biggest favourite for me here, so backing him to win this thing looks like the best choice to me, especially since I did like his performances in Shanghai and Beijing as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-basel-betting-tomas-berdych-has-what-it-takes-to-win-the-title-in-basel Back Florian Mayer to win ATP Valencia for a 0.5/10 stake at 51.00 with BetVictor The German is obviously not going to win this very often, but I simply cannot ignore these odds. The surface is rather slowish and his draw isn't really THAT tough, so, if he finds his range early on, I can see him getting quite far in Valencia this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-valencia-betting-florian-mayer-might-be-worth-a-small-punt-in-valencia Back Petra Kvitova to win the WTA Championships for a 1/10 stake at 9.50 with Pinnacle As far as I can see, Kvitova is the only player that could possibly challenge Williams this week, so going with her is the logical choice at such a decent price. The conditions should suit her, she has won the thing before, and she was playing superb tennis in Asia - so yeah, all the right ingredients seem to be there for her right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-championships-betting-petra-kvitova-looks-value-over-in-istanbul-this-week

Re: October 21 - October 27 i think backing williams to win it outright at 1.59 with pinnacle should be the way to go. there is not a single player who stands out who could beat serena. Only petra could pull it off even then its really hard to oppose serena. its only 1 in 10 matches that petra could cause a upset and i just dont see that happening.

Re: October 21 - October 27 Mannarino Adrian - Federer Roger ATP Basel, Federer has to step up if he wants to be among the eight players in London. He starts his hometown campaign against 62nd player of the world, Mannarino Adrian. Roger can't say he had a good season on tour since he managed to collect only 3145 points so far. Much fewer than many would expected for him to collect. In his previous ten matches, he lost to Brands (58th on ATP), Nadal (1st on ATP), Robredo (19th on ATP) and Monfils (31st on ATP). His form is dwindling but if he wants to take place on ATP World Tour Finals in London, he has to perform in his hometown. Mannarino Adrian can't say he is in form either. In previous ten matches he has played, he lost six of them (Chardy, Haase, Federer, Donskoy, Benneteau, Gabashvili). He played three times against Roger Federer and best be managed to do is to take 3 games in a set. They have played at US Open this year and Federer comfortably won that match in straight sets 6:3, 6:0, 6:2. I predict somewhat similar today as I can't see Mannarino proving to be a threat in Federer's hometown. Roger Federer -5.5 Games @ 1.86 with Pinnacle. --------------------------------- Dolgopolov Aleksandr - de Schepper Kenny Other game I had in mind is the duel between 38th and 88th player on ATP list. Dolgopolov played four matches indoor this season and he has 50% score, two victories and two losses for now. In last ten matches he lost six times and won on four occasions. It seems that he has some troubles against big serve fellas and that's where I will seek for my chances in this match. de Schepper is mainly a Challenger player, but from time to time he plays a bigger tournaments. In Stockholm he played against Kevin Anderson and he won that match in 2:1 thriller which makes me believe that he is in good from. During the season he played 32 matches indoors, and he won 19 of them, while he lost 13. It isn't any astonishing achievement, but still better than Dolgolopolv's 2/2. Kenny might surprise us today, but I will play it safe and take the set handicap +1.5 AH @ 2.03 with Pinnacle.

Re: October 21 - October 27 3pts D.Tursunov -4.5 games to beat A.Montanes 1.83 3pts K.Anderson to beat B.Agut 2-0 2.87 Montanes is too up/down for me to ever take too seriously. One minute he is flying, next he is choking. Tursunov (although I have been away from the court as of late) has been a reliable player over the last year. He grinds players out and I think he will have the better of the game on these faster courts. Agut on the hard, although perhaps improved isn't going to (imo) stand up well to the serve of Anderson and even if it's by the means of tie-breaks I see him seeing the match through 2-0. Been a while since I have partaken here. So pinch of salt whilst I re-adapt.

Re: October 21 - October 27 Little outright for me in ATP Basel for some interest : 2pts K.Nishikori to win ATP Basel 17.00 Bet365 Bottom half of the draw is the place to bet in this for. Del Potro will no doubt be in the final and I think out of the bottom draw, Nishikori takes best to this surface. I don't believe he participated last year, but the previous year he beat Novak aswell as some other top players. That year he went out to Federer, but I feel that was a different Federer to today's Federer. He should see off the qualifier and then have most likely Dodig. He has beaten Dodig in their only hard match before and would be the favourite in my eyes. He would then face Berdych who Nish has beaten all 3 times they have played on the hard. He would then face Federer and although Fed beat him in 2011 on the hard, since then Nish has beaten Fed on the clay and Id again put him as having a big chance there. Nish vs Del Potro in a final ofcourse Del Potro is favourite but if you think he can make the final then 16/1 is a good price. Perhaps each/way for added security but I'm taking the outright. I also hear Del Potro is suffering with a fever right now and *touch wood* he could pull out during the road to the final.

Re: October 21 - October 27 Well done Kev! 2nd set. umpteen amount of breaks points. Holds every game without so much as a break point and then the tie-break he loses 7-5. I mean WTF!? Tursunov wins the handicap though. Least someone has some professionalism. Choke! you watch Kev win 3rd set now easy as you like. Only wins when he needs to pff. Rant over.

Re: October 21 - October 27

Well done Kev! 2nd set. umpteen amount of breaks points. Holds every game without so much as a break point and then the tie-break he loses 7-5. I mean WTF!? Tursunov wins the handicap though. Least someone has some professionalism. Choke! you watch Kev win 3rd set now easy as you like. Only wins when he needs to pff. Rant over.
He only had 2 break points in that second set :lol. I need a new dictionary apparently.

Re: October 21 - October 27 Back White Group Forecast Betting - Na Li/Viktoria Azarenka for a 1/10 stake at 8.50 with Paddy Power The white group should be a contest between Na Li and Viktoria Azarenka - and, since I would probably give a slight edge to the Chinese number one at the moment, these odds look rather massive to me. After all, there is every chance that this will turn out to be a nicely-priced match bet at the end of the day. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-championships-betting-li-na-can-top-the-white-group-ahead-of-viktoria-azarenka Back Feliciano Lopez to beat Julien Benneteau for a 2/10 stake at 1.97 with Pinnacle Benneteau's form has pretty much fallen apart after that loss against Joao Sousa in Kuala Lumpur, so I wouldn't really have him as the favourite here. He is playing in Valencia for the first time since 2005, he is already out of the doubles (a poor loss really), and he will be up against a very tough opponent in Feliciano Lopez - so why exactly is he priced as the favourite in this match? Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lopez-vs-benneteau-betting-feliciano-lopez-to-start-his-valencia-campaign-with-a-victory-against-julien-benneteau

He only had 2 break points in that second set :lol. I need a new dictionary apparently.
How many did Agut have in that second set? simple fact of the matter is that Anderson should of won that 2-0 and somehow lost it. I'm glad he lost at 1-1. RE the dictionary Fishy, did you not understand the post?

Re: October 21 - October 27 2.5pts I.Dodig to beat C.Berlocq 2-0 1.80 Bet365 Dodig the much more suited player on this surface. Career high at the moment. Far succeeds Berlocq in the win ratio on this surface. Played eachother twice and both on clay, which Berlocq won. Berlocq, although improved isn't the player on the hard as he is on the clay. The higher seeds tend to beat him on this surface without to much hassle. 2.75pts M.Baghdatis to beat B.Becker -2.5 games 1.90 Bet365 I'm surprised by these odds. I do think Becker is quite overrated to be honest. I don't think the odds are right here. Head-2-head, bag won the only meeting last year in Aus in straight sets 3-0. Becker on the hard courts recently isn't pulling up any trees. He has beat Stakhovsky recently but Id of made him a favourite before that match really and he beat Paire who prefers the clay anyway so I'm going to take Bag to win here with a small handicap. 2pts Garcia-Lopez to beat J.Souza 2-0 2.50 Bet365 Abit of a risky one here but I think Garcia-Lopez should have enough here. Souza has some immense form in the recent Kuala Lumpur event, beating the likes of Ferrer and he has won 9 of his last 10 on the indoor hard courts but it's got to come to an end at some point and Garcia-Lopez beat him easily this year on the same surface 6-1 6-1 so perhaps this isn't Souza's ideal match-up.

Re: October 21 - October 27 Back Jelena Jankovic (+1.5 sets) to beat Viktoria Azarenka for a 2/10 stake at 2.20 with Pinnacle Did anyone like Azarenka's performance yesterday? I know I didn't - and, if Jankovic plays as well as she did in Asia, she should have every chance of troubling the world's number two today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jankovic-vs-azarenka-betting-jelena-jankovic-can-enjoy-a-good-start-in-the-wta-championships Back Ivan Dodig to beat Kei Nishikori for a 2/10 stake at 2.37 with BetVictor Nishikori played rather well in the first set against Chiudinelli yesterday, but something did happen to him midway through the second set - and, at the end of the match, he also looked very tired. The Croat, on the other hand, will be fully rested here due to Berlocq's retirement - and I am more than happy to back him at odds that are well above evens. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dodig-vs-nishikori-betting-ivan-dodig-looks-value-against-the-japanese-number-one-in-basel

Re: October 21 - October 27 I don't know if the system will allow me to write here a message, but I am trying. So first of all thanks to you guys for really nice job during these months of tennis, I was following you sometimes, reading what you think. Maybe in one day I will write some picks too. And now talking about jankovic from Czech post, so I want to say that yesterday I was watching all 3 matches in arena, because now I am in turkey. So I don't know Jankovic performance and form nowadays, but Azarenka yesterday had many problems in first set, she was strugling almost in each game. Her service was poor, almost every 2nd serve she was serving. But also Errani was playing really good, but in 2nd set she got some injury in achiless. And also in first set she wasnt in strong physically, and she broken on her emotions. So I am fully agree that Jankovic can take at least 1 set. GL guys to your bets

Re: October 21 - October 27 Jelena Jankovic @2.75 to beat Li Na from Bookmaker.eu JJ was superb against Azarenka. I think she has enough to get by Li Na who struggled a bit against Sara errani who was drained and achy after her match with Azarenka. Before the trottling from Li NA a month and a half ago at Flushing, JJ actually beat Li Na three in a row and I think this will be a bit of revenge on the part of JJ who is brimming with confidence. Also I like the Vasek Pospisil and Dr. Ivo over 25 games. Breaks will be few and far between the way these two serve indoors. 7-6 7-6

Re: October 21 - October 27 Back Edouard Roger-Vasselin to beat Tobias Kamke for a 2/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle Fancy Roger-Vasselin to get yet another valuable win here. He looked superb against Wawrinka, not allowing the Swiss number two to get back into the match at any point - and Tobias Kamke is not the toughest opponent around by any means. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/roger-vasselin-vs-kamke-betting-edouard-roger-vasselin-can-get-yet-another-valuable-win-this-week Back Marcos Baghdatis to beat Juan Martin del Potro for a 2/10 stake at 5.16 with Pinnacle A slightly wild punt, but Baghdatis nearly won against the Argentinian in Tokyo a few weeks ago, so why not? The price is massive, del Potro looked a touch off against Laaksonen, and Baghdatis needs to get some wins before the end of the season - an upset on the cards, perhaps? Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/baghdatis-vs-del-potro-marcos-baghdatis-looks-value-against-juan-martin-del-potro-in-basel Back David Ferrer (-1.5 sets) to beat Julien Benneteau for a 2/10 stake at 2.02 with Pinnacle I had some doubts about Ferrer's chances against Monfils, but the guy probably doesn't really care too much about things like fatigue or potentially tricky opponents. As far as I can see, he is still a level above Julien Benneteau - and even a set might therefore be out of the Frenchman's range todaz. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ferrer-vs-benneteau-betting-david-ferrer-to-cruise-past-julien-benneteau-in-valencia

Re: October 21 - October 27 Francoise Abanda to beat Sachia Vickery @ 5.70 (Marathon) Two talented young players meet in the ITF $50k event in Saguenay, but I struggle to see how there is such a large disparity in the odds. 18-year old Sachia Vickery is justifiably the favourite - she has recently broken into the top 200 in the world and she won her first Grand Slam match at the US Open this year. However, she is still yet to even reach the final of an ITF tournament this year and she rarely ventures outside the USA. Francoise Abanda has only recently returned after injury problems, reaching two QFs in the three tournaments that she has played. She is a former junior world number 4 with a victory over a top-100 ranked player already to her name from last year. While she is currently ranked outside the top-700, she had already risen inside the top-400 last year as a 15-year old before her injury problems this year. As a Canadian, she will have the support of the home crowd, and while it will be a tough match, I think she has a much better chance of winning than these odds suggest. I certainly wouldn't be going over the top with stakes, but she could be worth a small back.

Re: October 21 - October 27 any picks for the wta championships today? all three matches are very interesting and could represent alot of money making opportunities. i'm leaning towards petra against kerber. she has a better indoor hard court record and kerber is known to choke in big matches. Janko shouldnt have a problem against errani. aza vs li i have no idea who wins this. aza has been horrible but li has done nothing special. Li plays 3 perfect games n gives the impression she is gonna run away with the match and then plays the next 3 games like she is gonna lose the match.

Re: October 21 - October 27 ATP Basel, two tips! Dimitrov Grigor - Federer Roger This will be a great match in Basel between Grigor Dimitrov (22nd on ATP) and Roger Federer (6th on ATP). Both players have 7-3 score in their last ten matches, but the difference is that Dimitrov currently has seven consecutive victories (Copil, Struff, de Schepper, Paire, Ferrer, Stepanek, Dolgopolov) and boy seems to be on fire at the moment! He will push the hometown fella Federer to his limits for sure. Swiss player is in quite of turmoil with his form this year, losing sets and matches all over the place. After US Open he played in Shanghai, where he lost to Monfils (2:1) and now in basel he lost a set to Istomin (48th on ATP). The way I see it, Grigor will play his finest tennis and he might even cause an upset here. Still I'll go safe with +2.5 Games @ 2 with bet365 on Bulgrarian guy. ----------------------- Dodig Ivan - Pospisil Vasek Gonna go with Dodig here, since I feel he is in better form at the moment and should beat Pospisil today. In the past 10 matches, Dodig has played, he has lost 4 and won 6 It has to be said the he lost matches to Verdasco (2:1), Melzer (2:1), Murray (3:0) and Raonic (2:0). Last two matches he has played, he took victories against Nishikori (2:0) and Berlocq (retired). As for Pospisil, he has 5-5 score in the past ten matches and he lost matches to Tipsarevic, Delbonis, Ferrer, Monfils and Haase. He has two victories in a row for now as well, as he beat Haase and Karlovic in the ATP Basel for now, but I can't see he will beat Dodig as Croat usually times his form for these, late, tournaments. Dodig -2.5 Games @ 2.02 with Pinnacle.

Re: October 21 - October 27 Back Grigor Dimitrov to beat Roger Federer for a 2/10 stake at 2.78 with Pinnacle Federer has done nothing special so far in this event, while Dimitrov seems to be on fire after winning the tournament in Stockholm. Unless he crumbles under the pressure, there is every chance that he is going to win this one, as he is playing the better tennis of the two right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dimitrov-vs-federer-betting-grigor-dimitrov-looks-value-to-defeat-the-swiss-legend-in-basel Back Petra Kvitova to beat Angelique Kerber for a 2/10 stake at 2.10 with William Hill I would have the odds the other way around here, so going with Kvitova in what should be a cracking match with so much on the line. She managed to beat Kerber a few weeks ago in Tokyo and she usually handles these tough situations well, so I can definitely see her beating the German today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kvitova-vs-kerber-betting-petra-kvitova-to-qualify-for-the-semi-finals-in-the-wta-championships Back Na Li to beat Viktoria Azarenka for a 2/10 stake at 2.17 with Pinnacle Azarenka seems to be going through a nightmare patch right now, so backing Na Li looks like the right choice to me here. She is the better player of the two right now and she has been playing well so far in the WTA Championships, so this price should be taken in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/li-vs-azarenka-betting-na-li-looks-set-to-defeat-the-world-s-number-two-in-istanbul

Re: October 21 - October 27 Francoise Abanda to beat Sachia Vickery @ 5.70 (Marathon): Abanda 7-6, 6-2 :) ITF $50k Bendigo - Arina Rodionova to beat Noppawan Lertcheewakarn @ 1.72 (Bet365) The two players know each other well as they are doubles partners. Arina Rodionova is in very good form at the moment, having won the title in Perth earlier this month before reaching the QF in Margaret River, where she lost to the talented young Estonian, Anett Kontaveit. In Perth, she beat Lertcheewakarn for the loss of just 4 games and it is tough to see this match being that different. Admittedly, she had a long 3-set match last night, but she is playing well at the moment and will be optimistic of a second title in three tournaments. Lertcheewakarn's form is less convincing. Before this tournament, she had lost in the first round of four of her last five tournaments, losing to several players ranked below her. She had a good win over Yurika Sema in the 2nd round, but had to battle to a 3-set win over Viktoriya Rajicic in the QF. At her best, she is probably the better player of the two, but given the home advantage for Rodionova and the form that she is in, I would have had the Australian as a bigger favourite than she appears here.

Re: October 21 - October 27 Back Edouard Roger-Vasselin/Juan Martin del Potro - Over 19.5 games for a 2/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power I have been impressed with Roger-Vasselin so far in Basel, I really have - and, if Mathieu was able to cover the 19.5 games line against the Argentinian, there is every chance that Roger-Vasselin will be able to do the same. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/roger-vasselin-vs-del-potro-betting-edouard-roger-vasselin-to-produce-yet-another-rock-solid-performance-in-basel Back David Ferrer (-3.5) to beat Nicolas Almagro for a 2/10 stake at 1.80 with Bet365 Nicolas Almagro might be a great player, but David Ferrer has always been a nightmare match-up for him, so I would be very surprised by seeing him troubling the world's number three in Valencia on Saturday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ferrer-vs-almagro-betting-david-ferrer-to-confirm-his-dominance-over-nicolas-almagro-in-valencia

match starts in about 5 mins, but still Errani to beat Jankovic @3.40 local bookie (2/10) This match is about nothing - Errani is out and JJ plays vs Serena in the semis. I expect JJ to tank this one as she often does.
never thought on that fact, what a dope I was. great tip man