** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sunderland v Newcastle United (13:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7/4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12/5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9/5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th Serious value here on Newcastle to win as it's a derby and 'anything can happen'. Sunderland are really poor and have had a terrible start. They have only scored 3 goals at home and conceeded 9. Newcastle on the other hand have scored 6 away goals and conceeded 9. 7 of these however were vs Man city and Everton, who are superior opposition. They beat both Cardiff and Aston Villa away who are better than Sunderand imo. While it's possible Newcastle may conceed 1 I think they'll score at least twice vs a poor sunderland side, perhaps more.

Re: Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th I think Newcastle win & over 2.5 could be a value bet here. All of Newcastles away games have been over 2.5 so far, Sunderlands last 3 in a row away have been over 2.5, and I just think Newcastle should have enough to put Sunderland to defeat. Newcastle & over 2.5 @ 3.75 Bet365

Re: Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th 4pts Over 2.5 goals Evs Ladbrokes I think we could well see a more attacking Sunderland here. Their defence appears to be lacking a spark at the minute so Poyet could decide attack is the best form of defence. Newcastle have some defensive issues themselves but no problems going the other way so this could be one of the more open derbies we’ve seen recently. Given both are likely to want to get on the front foot we should see a few goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sunderland-vs-newcastle-betting-stadium-of-light-should-see-goals-in-the-tyne-wear-derby

Re: Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th Think this game will be similar to Crystal Palace vs Arsenal, the smaller derby. Both Sunderland and Crystal Palace are not good but CP did not play as diabolical against Arsenal though being the absolute underdog and they managed to put up a good fight with good drawing chances. The penalty and red card just made them be on the short end of the stick. Newcastle is by far not of the quality of Arsenal so I am cautious with betting any straight Newcastle wins.

Re: Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th Sunderland have drawn 1 and lost 7 in 8 games and they've scored 5 and shipped 20 already:lol, meanwhile Newcastle are definitely improving and have started scoring a few lately, they have scored twice in a match for the last 5 games and they have 2 wins and 2 losses on the road, however they are vulnerable at the back with Mbiwa suspended, Coloccini 50/50 and Taylor 50/50, Williamson will start, and with a new attack minded manager im wary, Poyet seems to do well against Newcastle and its a massive derby so i played it safe. If Di Canio was still manager i would have went for Newcastle ML @ 2.50. went quite big on Newcastle 0 - 1.80 - bet365.

Re: Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th sunderland`s last 6 games and newcastle`s last 5 in epl has gone overs ... this is derby, where sunderland looking to redeem them self`s and kick it of as "sunderland reloaded" :D and newcastle will be looking to continue their new discovered form, so both teams will be looking for win here and draw will seem disappointing for both... add to it worst defense 20 goals conceded meets 3rd worst 14 goals conceded - their (most likely) 2 CB`s missing ... so over 2.5 @1.80 ( now only ) with paddypower, 10 % of my betting fund + both to score and newcastle to edge it @ 4.50 with paddypower, 5 % of my betting fund.. even though sunderland in last few games at home gave a good game and run for money to man u and liverpool and nothing was straight forward till last minutes, i`ll still try newcastle, because sunderland will be coming more out, then in those two games and newcastle has fast, technical dribblers what like messy games " all over a pitch" :D i will be on sunderland to finally win in their next game vs hull, because they are better then table shows + no team,no matter how bad they are going for so long so bad, they will win eventually, but don`t think it will be today`s derby...

Re: Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th I have also take Newcastle Win BTTS - Newcastle put up a great show against Liverpool last time out, and could have won that game! I see there being goals, my only doubt lays with Sunderland - will they bounce back? Or will they continue to falter! I will take my chance on Newcastle to see it through, probably turn out a 2-3.

Re: Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th Really sorry to say that reading something in here is a waste of time. 9 posts, everyone on Newcastle side and not even one punter said something about NWCSTL's defance problems: today without: Coloccini ©, Yanga-Mbiwa, and replacements: S. Taylor, R. Taylor & Haidara - all defenders already took: Sunderland 0 - 2.10 bet365 5/10

Re: Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th Red card 3.1 @ Betfair :ok Poyet maybe not too concerned with the result in the great scheme of things - he'll want a performance with plenty of passion and commitment plus the derby factor to take into account (although not too many Geordies and Mackems in the teams these days :( )- I see a red card as a decent punt especially if Cattermole starts Looking at Over 2.5 as well @ 1.85 Betfair 1.8 general

Re: Sunderland v Newcastle United > Sunday October 27th

Really sorry to say that reading something in here is a waste of time. 9 posts, everyone on Newcastle side and not even one punter said something about NWCSTL's defance problems: today without: Coloccini ©, Yanga-Mbiwa, and replacements: S. Taylor, R. Taylor & Haidara - all defenders already took: Sunderland 0 - 2.10 bet365 5/10
Really? pretty sure i did.

Really sorry to say that reading something in here is a waste of time. 9 posts, everyone on Newcastle side and not even one punter said something about NWCSTL's defance problems: today without: Coloccini ©, Yanga-Mbiwa, and replacements: S. Taylor, R. Taylor & Haidara - all defenders already took: Sunderland 0 - 2.10 bet365 5/10
Why don't you say something others may have missed about it :ok remember we need reasoning in these threads :ok

however they are vulnerable at the back with Mbiwa suspended, Coloccini 50/50 and Taylor 50/50
you did TBH the problem is Sunderland are lacking up front and would struggle to score whoever was in front of them - set piece more likely than open play - maybe even a pen

Bringing in cheap foreign imports probably biting them in the ass right now....
And that's the problem - quality players won't want to go to a mid table club so you have to look at bargains in the hope you uncover a gem Michu being a great example :)

And that's the problem - quality players won't want to go to a mid table club so you have to look at bargains in the hope you uncover a gem Michu being a great example :)
The answers lie more in developing home grown talent tbh. If clubs had decent academy's that worked for the benefit of England and with a longer term strategy they wouldn't need to spend a fiver on foreign imports that aren't any better than players they can develop themselves. Newcastle aren't a mid table club anyway. They have the potential to be bottom of the league, or top of the league. Money has ruined our game. The Pervuvians have the right idea. They limit each match day squad to a maximum of four non Peruvian players, and in the last five years have had ten different winners of their league. Other South American league's do similar. The absolute worst aspect of all this is that not just our main leagues are flooded with cheap foreign imports, now our youth system is also flooded with even cheaper foreign imports, signed for huge contracts and the vast majority do fcuk all. We won't and can't ever do anything about it because we're part of the EU who like to pretend everything's free, regardless of whether it's the best thing to do. I guarantee that in 15 years time our England squad will be unrecognisable. I should add as well that the powers probably do have the will or know how to make changes happen but while we pay people like professional executives, or ex players stupid money it's much more comfortable to maintain the status quo, while communicating the odd bit of rambling rhetoric.