** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Crystal Palace v Arsenal (12:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4/9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th will start weekend with live play here, but before game will make first half handicap, arsenal - 1 @ 4.20 with paddypower, 5% of my acc., some people say early games doesn`t bring goals and arsenal on top waking up after midweek`s game, but thing is, imo, these early games is less aggressive (natural human nature thing) but more skillful teams come on top, and if you mix in that arsenal will want to get job done early, taking opportunity given, because of crystal palace problems and arsenal has " best back bounceability in epl :D " i`ll give a shot and if that not come trough, then at half time should be good odds for handicap play for my own " back bounceability :D " but all over for team who only got one win over worst performers this term, against top table team odds @ 1.36 is huge ! seems like tony pulis pushed that souring knife more deeper in back of already heartbroken players, who lost changing room spirit in compana and " one of best inspirational managers :D i. hollaway " k . phillips will be on a sideline, but don`t think he can come up with anything, you would require "fergie" to give them believe at this stage that season is saveable and come out against arsenal to fight for point... time will heal them, but don`t see c. palace coming out with confidence and spirit to snatch a point this weekend...

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th Has there been any problem with Williams in CP? He was outstanding last season and I do believe he could have a nice game against Arsenal. Bear in mind that there have been rumours the Gunners are interested in him. All in all, I will play riskier Over 3,5 and 4,5 goals as Palace have more goals in them than there have been so far.

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th Plenty of ways to make money on this one whether it be HT/FT, a handicap or goals. Arsenal however might be flat after that cracking game which ended in disappointment. That won't be enough for a dreadful Crystal Palce to steal a point. $1.36 is a good start for an accumulator.

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th I have taken -1 Handicap on Arsenal, despite a tough game mid week I can see them scoring a couple of times, and I feel are unlikely to concede. I really cant imagine that Holloway leaving has boosted morale amongst Palace squad, though I am sure they will look for improvement after the Fulham game. All in All I cant see Arsenal not winning, even if it is a 0-2 or 0-3

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th What do you reckon for tomorrow Phantom? Interested in your reaction to the sacking? I would be surprised to see the 5,6-0 some are predicting although it would be brave to predict anything other than a comfortable Arsenal victory, Palace don't have many weapons and none that can hurt Arsenal, best they can do is replicate the performance against Spurs at home earlier in the season, in their most recent home games they got absolutely turned over by Swansea and seemed to give up against Fulham. I took -1.0AH at 1.59 with 32red earlier in the week expecting it to disappear but there are still some half decent prices around if you fancy an Arsenal victory.

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th

What do you reckon for tomorrow Phantom? Interested in your reaction to the sacking?
I am saddened by Holloway's departure because he has intelligence and ability as a manager, no doubt about that. Unfortunately the transfer window has been a mad trolley dash for Palace (all very well saying that with the benefit of hindsight) and now there are fractures within the squad and dressing room. Should also point out that Holloway was not sacked, he told Parish he didn't think he had the energy to deal with the constant dressing room nonsense and so CPFC2010 reluctantly let him go. I expect after the Fulham thrashing you will have already got your 5 star hotel in the Maldives booked and yes things are not looking too good for us at the momment with the 5pt gap. With regards to the Arsenal game it's very hard to work out the ev for Palace with everything that has gone on. Keith Millen will take charge for the game, I'm hoping he will setup defensively, anything else against Arsenal can be suicide. Holloway even suggested that this Palace team are allergic to open and attacking football, unravel everything and the DNA of Freedman still exists at the core of our being it would seem. Even with 10 men behind the ball and looking to counter I can't really give a decent argument to suggest Palace could get something from this game but in football you never know. I am just going to sit back and watch the game, remembering the good times before the toxic oil slick of the premier league seeped into our veins and turned us all into madmen.

I am saddened by Holloway's departure because he has intelligence and ability as a manager, no doubt about that. Unfortunately the transfer window has been a mad trolley dash for Palace (all very well saying that with the benefit of hindsight) and now there are fractures within the squad and dressing room. Should also point out that Holloway was not sacked, he told Parish he didn't think he had the energy to deal with the constant dressing room nonsense and so CPFC2010 reluctantly let him go. I expect after the Fulham thrashing you will have already got your 5 star hotel in the Maldives booked and yes things are not looking too good for us at the momment with the 5pt gap. With regards to the Arsenal game it's very hard to work out the ev for Palace with everything that has gone on. Keith Millen will take charge for the game, I'm hoping he will setup defensively, anything else against Arsenal can be suicide. Holloway even suggested that this Palace team are allergic to open and attacking football, unravel everything and the DNA of Freedman still exists at the core of our being it would seem. Even with 10 men behind the ball and looking to counter I can't really give a decent argument to suggest Palace could get something from this game but in football you never know. I am just going to sit back and watch the game, remembering the good times before the toxic oil slick of the premier league seeped into our veins and turned us all into madmen.
Very good quote, very true too. They is no greater example of the self destruction that can take hold of smaller clubs when they chase this impossible dream - or even more dangerously try to stay there. It's a shame that this league should claim Holloway's scalp, this experience seems to have destroyed him a bit, he looked absolutely broken and knackered in the interview after he left, sure he will come back strongly but looked like he needed a long break. At least Palace seem to have taken a sensible approach to promotion, although you signed about 45 players in the summer apparently on the back of late-night youtube viewing sessions, you have outlayed minimal sums as far as I'm aware, and will be well placed to make the return to the golden goose of the Premiership in the future. As far as the bet goes it certainly ain't going to make me a millionaire, chunky single at 1.6 might have looked premature at the start of the season but think you are about 1.08 now, nothing is decided yet anyway. If Pulis does come in he will certainly get you organised, he did the same with us, filled the side with child-eating giants who battered and bullied their way to promotion, employed similar tactics at Bristol City and Stoke too. He probably needs to prove he isn't a footballing dinosaur and come up with some new tactics, could argue that brutal as they often are they are usually effective too.

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th Yes most of the radical players we have bought in are on contracts till the end of the season so we wont get relegated with a load of big time charlies which is good, we have been shrewd in that sense. If Pulis comes in it may well suit us given Holloways' comments. Interesting what you said about trying to replicate the performance we had against Spurs for the game tommorow. This is really the best angle we can aim for in terms of setup for tommorows game. Unfortunately Spurs still beat us 0-1 and that was a rusty Spurs side with several new players. Arsenal and Spurs at home are always the games teams need to be extra wary of this division and really you have to play differently against them or they will tear you apart. Arsenal are on another level at the momment, didn't deserve to loose V Dortmund midweek imo and Arsene Wenger's side can still carve open opposition teams even when they defend well at the momment. Palace will need a fair amount of luck to cover the +1.5 handicap let alone actually get a result here. We have held Arsenal to a stalemate the last 2 times we've played them in the prem but that was when the respective Palace teams were in a good condition. Arsenal will probably win this encounter either 0-2 or 1-2.

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th The odds on this game look correct to me. Crystal Palace looked a sorry state during the second half against Fulham and now having lost Holloway it is difficult to see where the inspiration is going to come from to put in a level of performance capable of beating a team like Arsenal. Instead of match odds I think it is best to look elsewhere, I particularly like the look of the anytime goalscorer market in this match. Ozil and Ramsey both in good form and are available at 2/1 (Bet365) to score anytime. In addition I've noticed Palace have conceded penalties in three games this season and they all came against the 'top sides' in Liverpool, Man United & Tottenham. Arteta is Arsenal's penalty taker and is 5/1 (Skybet) to score anytime which seems good value to me as I think there's a good chance of a penalty in this game with the likelihood of Arsenal having a lot of the ball.

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th 6pts Arsenal (-1) to beat C.Palace Evs Paddy Power This could be a long afternoon for Palace fans, especially if they concede early. Arsenal are playing some excellent football and if they can’t control Mesut Ozil then carnage really could ensue here. Usually when a manager leaves a side gets a lift but I’m not so sure that will be the case here. I just don’t think Palace are good enough defensively and I can’t see any way that Arsenal won’t win this by a couple of goals or more. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/crystal-palace-vs-arsenal-betting-arsenal-can-pile-into-woeful-palace-backline

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th I will be waiting to see the teams here. I wouldnt put it past Wenger to rotate for this game. He has played second string midfielders already this season, his first team have had a tough fixture midweek, and he will be well aware of Palaces shortcomings. (most likely). If the arsenal midfield lined up flamini-Arteta // carzola-rosicky-gnabry Wenger would still be convinced that they would win (which they probably will) but maybe not by 2 or 3.

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th I was at the Fulham game on Monday night and for 30 minutes Palace were in control. An absolute wonder goal followed by another first time volley just before half time gutted the players. Holloway made a serious mistake in taking Campana off and changing the shape which played straight into Fulhams hands. Had Palace stayed the same they may have got back into it. I've seen six of the eight Palace games so far and only against Swansea and the second half against Fulham were we woeful. Believe me, after 45 years of watching this lot I don't have any rose tinted specs but we are not as bad as some people have been making out and a decent managerial appointment will reinvigorate the squad. 4 of the next 6 fixtures are WBA, Hull, Norwich and Cardiff. We may have a better idea after those. As for tomorrow, Arsenal, but not by much.

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th I'll probably cover goalscorer for Arsenal, something like Ramsey to score anytime as he's in form at the moment. I don't believe Wenger will put his best eleven, but away win is most likely. Next month will be main test for Gunners when they'll face top teams like Chelsea, Dortmund, Liverpool and Man U.

I will be waiting to see the teams here. I wouldnt put it past Wenger to rotate for this game. He has played second string midfielders already this season' date=' his first team have had a tough fixture midweek, and he will be well aware of Palaces shortcomings. (most likely). If the arsenal midfield lined up flamini-Arteta // carzola-rosicky-gnabry Wenger would still be convinced that they would win (which they probably will) but maybe not by 2 or 3.[/quote'] It's a fair shout but I don't think we will see many changes, think the most likely change is Cazorla to come in for Ozil with Flamini returning in place of the injured Wilshire. Wenger ain't daft, they have a cup game midweek when at least 10 of the starting XI tomorrow will change as he always does in League Cup games so I wouldn't have thought its a major consideration.

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th 10pts Arsenal (-1 EH) @ 2.00 PaddyPower 10pts HT/FT - Arsenal/Arsenal @ 2.00 StanJames I really hope Ozil plays from the get go but instead gets rested 60-70 mins into the game when they are ahead by a large margin. Nevertheless, I can only see one result here and that is a clear Arsenal victory. The trend has normally been that a positive result follows from a defeat for most top teams. I fully expect Arsenal to bounce back and win with plenty to spare against a managerless Palace side. Palace were pretty dire conceding 4 goals to Fulham and with Arsenal playing Chelsea midweek, you would imagine Wenger would want to get this game wrapped up as soon as possible to rest some of his key players. I cannot see past a Arsenal win here. Both above mentioned bets give the best way into backing Arsenal in this game, and am happy to take both of them on with full stakes on each.

It's a fair shout but I don't think we will see many changes' date=' think the most likely change is Cazorla to come in for Ozil with Flamini returning in place of the injured Wilshire. Wenger ain't daft, they have a cup game midweek when at least 10 of the starting XI tomorrow will change as he always does in League Cup games so I wouldn't have thought its a major consideration.[/quote'] I agree. Wenger would be daft to make too many major changes here. They've probably got the best chance they've had in years of winning the title, and it may be his last. So they need to win here. Changes like you say, would come in the cup.

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th Have just layed Arsenal WIN/3 or 4 goals scored @ $2.90 now wondering which way i should hedge whether i go 5 goals scored or 2 or less. They havn't kept a clean sheet for a long time the arse and their last game went 4-1 but something in me thinks it'll be a slow start with perhaps the arse leading 1-0 at HT.

Wenger names strongest possible team. Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud
wow. Double whammy for CP . Goodluck folks ! :cheers

Re: Crystal Palace v Arsenal > Saturday October 26th This game can end 2 ways - Palace pulling together and getting a draw (0-0) or Arsenal spanking a team who is totally deflated and with no commitment whatsoever Going for the latter - Arsenal in great form apart from losing to Dortmund - Palace don't seem to want to play - I watched the highlights of the game the other night - OK Fulham score a couple of great goals but after Palace went behind they weren't pressing, they looked like they weren't trying Too many average players coming in when Ollie needed to sign a couple with real quality to improve the great team spirit from last year - already playing like a relegated team and we're still in October - I see Arsenal scoring a few here - maybe 5 or 6 Over 2.5 nailed on 1.62 with SJ (1.53 most other places) Would have a punt on Arsenal -3 too - 5.75 at Victor No value anywhere for anytime goalscorer - even Koscielny is at 8.0 :D

The odds on this game look correct to me. Crystal Palace looked a sorry state during the second half against Fulham and now having lost Holloway it is difficult to see where the inspiration is going to come from to put in a level of performance capable of beating a team like Arsenal. Instead of match odds I think it is best to look elsewhere' date=' I particularly like the look of the anytime goalscorer market in this match. Ozil and Ramsey both in good form and are available at 2/1 (Bet365) to score anytime. In addition I've noticed Palace have conceded penalties in three games this season and they all came against the 'top sides' in Liverpool, Man United & Tottenham. Arteta is Arsenal's penalty taker and is 5/1 (Skybet) to score anytime which seems good value to me as I think there's a good chance of a penalty in this game with the likelihood of Arsenal having a lot of the ball.[/quote'] excellent bet Denman!! :clap

jesus... they never managed 2 shots on target, never mind 2 goals :D taking arsenal - 1 @ 2.70 with paddypower 5 % of my acc., ... they should come out stronger in second half ...
happy to get away with little consolation "extra" from this game...

I've noticed Palace have conceded penalties in three games this season and they all came against the 'top sides' in Liverpool' date=' Man United & Tottenham. Arteta is Arsenal's penalty taker and is 5/1 (Skybet) to score anytime which seems good value to me as I think there's a good chance of a penalty in this game with the likelihood of Arsenal having a lot of the ball.[/quote'] Super value tip :ok One penalty given, and according to Five Live there could have been another