** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League World Cup 2013

kevshat

With warm up matches being played over this weekend and the tournament just a week away now it is time to get a thread open for what should be one of the better World Cup's with England having home advantage to hopefully combat the threat from down under. All things RLWC13 in here :ok [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 26 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Australia v England (14:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]42[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wales v Italy (16:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]28[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.62[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 27 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Papua New Guinea v France (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]22[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.82[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]New Zealand v Samoa (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]101[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 28 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Fiji v Ireland (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 29 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tonga v Scotland (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 30 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]USA v Cook Islands (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Going for some speculative value on the Top Tryscorer Market with Konrad Hurrell 101 - Tom Waterhouse Hurrell scored 13 tries in the last 14 rounds and I suspect will play right centre outside of powerhouse Jason Taumololo. Taumololo is an absolute wrecking ball who alone could break the line and assist Hurrell over the line. Furthermore, he may be used as a decoy and the halves cut him out and pass to the Hurrellicane who can power over the line with great strength. Plus he'll likely have Tupou outside of him, who throughout this year leaped for a few bombs and batted back for his centre Jennings to score. Granted Tonga won't go as deep as NZ or Aus but they have games against Italy, Scotland and the Cook Islands, arguably easier opponents Fiji and England, 2 of the teams Australia will face in the finals. Furthermore, due to the depth of squads and the fact that 3 teams qualify from Groups A and B, I think a lot of the big dangers in this market will sit out a game, something that I don't think you will see with a weaker squad like Tonga.

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Rugby League World Cup starts on Saturday there , Sunday Morning here, i' m excited, so here's my thoughts on the opening matches.... Saturday there Sunday morning here... Australia vs England - I'll take England + 12.5.....England lost last weekend to Italy whilst Australia have sat idle, this game is huge for the English in the scheme of things and I think they'll show up and give the Aussies ...a very tough game, will the English win? Probaly not but I hope they do. Wales vs Italy - Italy by 12 points or less - I could be wrong here and the Welsh wil get up, to be honest I feel worried that Italy are the favs for this match because Wales has a strong forward pack who will test this Italian side, however if that happens i'll back Italy's backs to make the difference but it could really go either way. Italy are the favs because they beat England last weekend, I was hoping they would be underdogs in this game and then i'd gladly take the start on them but alas its not the way the bookies are seeing it...I'll also be taking draw at half time or full time either for $8 Sunday there Monday morning here... Papua New Guinea vs France - Papua New Guinea WIN - Papua New Guinea is the only Country in the world to have League as it's National sport and this team is pretty handy, they play physical Footy and after the French were touched up last weekend by USA I can't touch the French here...as a side bet if you can get it take Ray Thopson to score a try at anytime. New Zealand vs Samoa - New Zealand - 38? I have to say this is iffy, this start is huge and after Samoa got thrashed last weekend by the England Knights you can expect them to show up here and try hard, the Kiwis will win I have no doubt but the start is big, i'll take it as well as a couple of try scorer bets and sit back and enjoy this game. Monday there Tuesday Morning here... Fiji vs Ireland - Fiji - 16.0 - Ireland won't be able to go with this Fijian side and I expect (unless the weather helps the Irish) for them to be well and truly thumped, this Fijian side is stacked full of class and their backs will really freak teams who are not ready for them out... want a sidebet Take Marika Kooibete to score the first try and many more after that saying that Akuila Uate will likely score the first try but Koroibete scores in every game he plays the Fijians have some very dangerous backs. Tuesday there Weds morning here.. Tonga vs Scotland - Tonga - 16 - Everyone is talking up the Samoans but the Fijians and Tongan sides might have a point to prove in that regard as both sides are very strong , In fact Tonga are very, very strong in name on paper and if that translates onto the field then watch out, Take Konrad Hurrell to score a try at any time, if you've never seen him play you are in for a treat, he runs through people week after week in the NRL and will trample any poor Irish men who are unfortunate enough to get in his way today, Mrs Hurrell his mum can expect lots of blown kisses after countless tries that her son Konrad will score in these types of matches. That's all for now, so looking forward to this

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Tournament preview: 5pts Australia/New Zealand final 8/11 Ladbrokes If New Zealand had Benji Marshall in their ranks for this tournament I would probably recommend a punt on them at the prices but I expect Australia to win in his absence. England will talk a good game but we simply don’t have the quality in the halves or the backs to win this tournament in my eyes. If conditions become poor and the forwards come into play it will be different but I’d be very surprised if this isn’t an Australia vs New Zealand final. Although the Kiwis lack Benji they have a real inspiration in Sonny Bill Williams and he can carry his side into another World Cup final. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-league-world-cup-betting-southern-hemisphere-duo-can-meet-at-old-trafford-on-november-30

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Top Try Scorer preview: 1pt ew S.Tomkins Top Tournament Try Scorer 12/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 1-5) If England are to have anything resembling a good tournament then Sam Tomkins is going to have to be right on top of his game. He is the one special player England have in the back line and he is the one more likely to be able to break through the Australian or Kiwi defence with a piece of magic which only he is capable of in this country. Tomkins’ support play is probably second to none and he can show why he is the best full back in the world today with a host of tries in this tournament. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-league-world-cup-betting-sam-tomkins-can-showcase-his-talent-on-the-world-stage

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Taken Samoa with the 38. They have settled very well here in Warrington, where this fixture is being played. Without going into too much reason, I expect the Kiwis to win, but there is just no point in going all out in the 1st game. The game is pretty much a sell out, and Samoa are pretty much guaranteed the support of the " neutrals" in the crowd:lol, and the weather forecast is for strong winds and heavy rain. As for England's chances, forget it, maybe they can give the Aussies a 12/14 start, in what will be a tough opening game battle, but they will be easy to take on, handicap wise, in their remaining games, especially if a world class loose forward is playing stand off. Why do we not play our players in their natural positions?:hope

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Top Fiji Tournament try scorer preview: 3pts A.Uate Top Fiji Tournament Try Scorer 3/1 Ladbrokes I think Akuila Uate is a fair favourite in this market. He was good enough to play for Australia at one stage and he’ll be out to prove a point in this tournament. He is powerful and very quick and when he gets a head of steam up he isn’t the easiest to bring down. He is without doubt Fiji’s best attacking weapon and if he gets enough ball in this tournament he should find his way to the try line the most for the Fijians. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-league-world-cup-betting-akuila-uate-can-lead-the-fijian-try-scoring-in-the-tournament

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013

Why do we not play our players in their natural positions?:hope
Because we have a coach who is massively out of his depth. Agree with you re our chances and Sinfield. I've been saying it for a couple of years. We'll never win big internationals with him at 6. To think we could've been playing Danny Brough there :(. I was slowly getting some optimism building until McNamara named the squad for the tournament and then realism set in :lol.

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Saturday previews: 4pts England (+14) to beat Australia Evs Bet365 I think Australia will win this match but I’m not convinced it will be by more than 14pts. England will come hard at them up the middle and the power they possess in the forwards can keep them in this match, especially if Tomkins and Chase can feed off them. Australia have a lot of quality in their backs and will dominate the kicking game but whether their forwards stand up to the pressure remains to be seen. England can catch Australia cold early on and stay within 14pts come the end. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-england-betting-england-can-stay-within-14-in-world-cup-opener 3pts Wales to beat Italy 13/8 Bet365 If this turns into a battle of the forwards then Wales will give themselves every chance but if Italy are able to throw the ball around and bring their playmakers into play then they will take a bit of a beating. I can’t help but feel too much is being made of the Italians win over England last week. This will be completely different and the value could just lie in the hosts. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wales-vs-italy-betting-wales-can-shock-the-italians-at-the-millennium-stadium

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Good luck with the bets guys, will be keeping an eye as I do like a tryscorer punt on either code of the oval ball game. I've picked a few Aussie players out for tomorrow but should warn you I know very little about the game! Essentially my methodology is to compare the spreads and fixed odds markets and take a closer look at any player whose price stands out in either (i.e. his scoring stats for country and club). On that basis, I've backed Cronk and Thurston to score a try at 10/3 with Skybet, Gallen to score a try at 6/1 with 888 and Fifita to score the last try at 45/1 with PP. The latter doesn't start, hence a small last tryscorer bet rather than an anytime one.

Tournament preview: 5pts Australia/New Zealand final 8/11 Ladbrokes If New Zealand had Benji Marshall in their ranks for this tournament I would probably recommend a punt on them at the prices but I expect Australia to win in his absence. England will talk a good game but we simply don’t have the quality in the halves or the backs to win this tournament in my eyes. If conditions become poor and the forwards come into play it will be different but I’d be very surprised if this isn’t an Australia vs New Zealand final. Although the Kiwis lack Benji they have a real inspiration in Sonny Bill Williams and he can carry his side into another World Cup final. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-league-world-cup-betting-southern-hemisphere-duo-can-meet-at-old-trafford-on-november-30
Just a quick question here, Do you think that Tompkins will score today against Australia?? The Aussies have singled him out for attention so i'm wondering who would run off him in attack close too the line, I am keen to take Tompkins to score today but am curious as to who he would feed should he pass close to the Australian line... any thoughts?

Because we have a coach who is massively out of his depth. Agree with you re our chances and Sinfield. I've been saying it for a couple of years. We'll never win big internationals with him at 6. To think we could've been playing Danny Brough there :(. I was slowly getting some optimism building until McNamara named the squad for the tournament and then realism set in :lol.
Just found out he walked out of a press interview yesterday. :eek. Regarding Sinfield, it's no surprise that Leeds tend to struggle when they have hb problems and he has to play hb instead of loose where he sees the game far better.

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Forgot to copy these up last night :$. Sunday previews: 4pts France (-2) to beat Papua New Guinea 5/6 Paddy Power This will be a battle of brute force against a bit of flair and I think the French flair can prevail. They will know each other and have been playing fairly recently which a lot of the PNG boys haven’t. Papua New Guinea are going to need a bit more than just power in their side in this match if they are to win. I’m not sure they have the creativity that the French do so I like France here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/papua-new-guinea-vs-france-betting-france-can-see-off-the-threat-of-png-in-hull 3pts Samoa (+38) to beat New Zealand 10/11 William Hill New Zealand are being asked to cover a big handicap here and given that their players have only had a warm up game against the Cook Islands to their name in the last six weeks or so I think that’s a tough ask particularly in what are likely to be tough conditions to play rugby in. This match will turn into a match of brute force up the middle and you’d think that would suit Samoa more. Samoa won’t win this but there’s no reason they’ll lose by more than 38. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-samoa-betting-samoa-can-give-new-zealand-a-tough-challenge-in-warrington

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Monday preview: 4pts Fiji (-14) to beat Ireland 5/6 Ladbrokes Ireland will put up a spirited effort here but I expect Fiji to be too strong. They have so much power in their backs and not just power but speed too and over the course of the 80 minutes, in potentially tricky conditions, I expect that to take its toll in the end. Fiji will know they have to win this if they want a quarter final spot and I think they’ll do it with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fiji-vs-ireland-betting-fiji-can-enhance-their-quarter-final-credentials-with-a-win-over-ireland

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Tuesday preview: 4pts Scotland (+20) to beat Tonga 10/11 Bet365 This is one of the more intriguing matches in the opening week of the tournament. This is power vs a touch of quality in the halves. If Brough can play like he has in Super League then he can get Scotland in position to do some good things in this game. They have enough playmakers to score points and while I don’t think they’ll beat this powerful Tongan outfit I do think there is sufficient quality to stay within 20. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tonga-vs-scotland-betting-danny-brough-s-quality-can-keep-scotland-competitive-in-tournament-opener

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Wednesday preview: 3pts USA (+12) to beat Cook Islands 10/11 Bet365 The Tomahawks are ranked higher in the world than the Cook Islands side and I think that must count for something. In terms of the squad lists Cook Islands probably have the better personnel on paper but I’m not sure what a tonking from New Zealand will have done as preparation for this competition. USA managed to beat France in a warm up match and while that’s not the real thing it shows we can expect them to be competitive and they could well cover a 12pt start here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/usa-vs-cook-islands-betting-tomahawks-can-be-competitive-on-world-cup-debut

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Friday preview: 4pts France (+32) to beat New Zealand 10/11 Skybet I still think New Zealand will win the game but without the likes of Manu Vatuvei and Sonny Bill not to mention a couple of others I’m not convinced they’ll win it by more than 32. France will be roared on by a passionate crowd which will make it intimidating for the All Blacks and they have the players to get them around the park so I expect a much more competitive match than the odds suggest here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/france-vs-new-zealand-betting-home-comforts-can-see-france-stay-close-to-the-world-champions

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Saturday previews: 3pts Ireland (+46) to beat England 10/11 Ladbrokes England never really put sides to the sword and I’m not convinced they will here either. Ireland will be bang up for this. This is their World Cup really and they have enough talent to be competitive for a large part of the match. England aren’t the most disciplined side in the world which can hurt them and for the life of me I still don’t know how Kevin Sinfield plays at scrum half and not Rob Burrow or someone. I expect England to win, although I’d never be certain under McNamara, but I’m far from certain it’ll be by more than 46. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-ireland-betting-england-may-not-put-ireland-to-the-sword-in-huddersfield 4pts Fiji (+42) to beat Australia 10/11 Coral This match is a repeat of the 2008 semi final which Australia won 52-0. I have a feeling this will be a closer match than that though purely because this isn’t Australia’s first choice side. With Uate and Civoniceva in their ranks Fiji look a stronger side now too. Conditions are expected to be a bit nasty for this game which might keep the scoreboard tighter than it normally would but Fiji showed enough to believe they’ll be competitive in their first game and I’ll take them to stick within 42pts here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-fiji-betting-fiji-can-push-the-australians-closer-than-expected-in-st-helens

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Monday preview: 4pts Samoa (-12) to beat Papua New Guinea 5/6 Stan James Samoa aren’t a side who are ever completely reliable but they want to prove they are the best of the rest outside the main three in this tournament and here is a chance to show their talents. When they played aggressive rugby against New Zealand they were unstoppable for 20 minutes and if they have a spell like that in this one then PNG will be steamrolled. The worry I have for PNG is their lack of creativity in their first match. They won’t match up to Samoa with muscle so unless they find some creativity this will be a long night. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/papua-new-guinea-vs-samoa-betting-samoa-can-be-too-physical-for-papua-new-guinea-in-hull

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Tuesday preview: 4pts Tonga (-18) to beat Cook Islands 10/11 Ladbrokes I look at this Tonga side and on paper they look so powerful. They were outdone by the spine of a good Scottish side in their opening match but Cook Islands don’t look anywhere near as good or as creative. I can’t see the Cooks winning a physical battle against this Tongan pack so it is hard to see how they’ll be competitive here. Pride will help but over 80 brutal minutes I expect Tonga to be far too strong. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tonga-vs-cook-islands-betting-tonga-can-get-back-on-track-with-a-big-win-in-leigh

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Thursday night preview: 5pts Scotland vs USA - Over 49.5pts 5/6 Paddy Power I’m not sure what to expect in terms of the end result in this match in terms of who will win but I am fairly confident we will see lots of points in these 80 minutes. Both sides have excellent half back pairings while both also have playmakers at full back and out wide. We’ve seen in this tournament already that both teams like to give the ball some air and make plays and while there is a lot on the match it should be very entertaining. Scotland will want as many points as they can get but Joseph Paulo has the ability to open the Scots’ backline up. This match is eagerly anticipated by many and I can see why as it should be full of points. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/scotland-vs-usa-betting-salford-clash-should-be-full-of-points

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 I do find myself thinking that this game may be closer than the market suggests so a straight or handicap bet on the USA wouldn't look like a bad shout but I might be guilty of basing that on the limited amount of form displayed in the games played so far so no bet for me. I've been concentrating on tryscorer bets and like 2 USA players tonight, Mark Offerdahl to score a try at 7/1 with Skybet and Tui Samoa to score a try at 4/1 with Betfred. I normally prefer to make my picks with the benefit of spread prices to compare to the fixed odds but there are no prices up as yet. That said, both teams have played a couple of games so there's enough to go on. Tui Samoa has scored in both USA games so far and looks generously priced at 4/1, being between 13/8 and 11/4 elsewhere. Offerdahl scored a try in their opener and has 2 in 6 games for the USA. His average price elsewhere is 5.25 and I don't think he should be a 7/1 shot to score tonight. Joseph Paulo would be a great bet at the 7/2 shown on oddschecker but that's actually the price for Junior Paulo so that's a swerve. Watch your bets if you're backing one of the Paulo's!

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Friday preview: 3pts New Zealand (-48) to beat Papua New Guinea 10/11 Bet365 I expect a pretty one sided game here. New Zealand went into the tournament expecting to improve week on week and when you think they have Sonny Bill coming back into the side here and maybe even Manu Vatuvei as well we have to expect them to improve here. If they do then this will be a wide margin victory. PNG will give their all once again I’m sure as they are a proud side but the gulf in quality will be reflected in the scoreline. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-papua-new-guinea-betting-defending-champions-can-hit-the-knockout-stages-with-a-big-win

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 That last try was annoying. Particularly after a couple of iffy video ref calls :sad. Saturday previews: 4pts Fiji (+26) to beat England 10/11 Boylesports England enjoyed an easy win over Ireland last week but this won’t be so comfortable. Fiji have a lot more firepower than the Irish and a lot more quality going the other way and they’ll be out to put on a bit of a show of their own ahead of what they hope will be a quarter final next week. Although I think England will win I don’t see it being by more than four scores. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-fiji-betting-fiji-can-keep-england-honest-in-final-pool-match 4pts Australia (-26) Half Time Handicap vs Ireland 10/11 Stan James Contrary to what the Irish coach may be saying publicly this match is just a question of how many Australia will win by. I would expect it to be by plenty but I am aware that much like New Zealand on Friday night the Aussies could ease up a bit in the second half to make sure they are ready for the bigger game next week. England put on 30 on this Irish side in awkward conditions in the first half last week and I expect the quality of this Australian side to at least match that in the first 40 here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-ireland-betting-australia-can-tear-the-irish-apart-in-the-first-half-in-limerick

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Sunday previews: 4pts Cook Islands to beat Wales 13/10 Boylesports I’ve seen nothing to suggest Wales are significantly better than the Cook Islands in this tournament and while being out of the event could free them up to give the ball some air and play their best rugby the same thing could be said for the Cooks. They are a proud nation and if they can repeat their performance against Tonga earlier in the week that could well be enough to grab a consolation win before they head home. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wales-vs-cook-islands-betting-cook-islands-can-leave-the-competition-with-a-win-in-wales 3pts Tonga (-4) to beat Italy 10/11 Coral A lot of this match will depend on the attitude of the Tongans. If they are up for going out with a win I think they’ll get it but if they don’t care then Italy have enough to turn them over. This tournament has all been about showcasing their talents and their country for the minnows in this tournament so I expect a decent performance from the Tongans and with their power all over the field that should be enough to win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tonga-vs-italy-betting-tonga-can-end-the-italian-dream-in-halifax

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Monday preview: 4pts Samoa (-12) to beat France 10/11 Ladbrokes I’ve been very disappointed with France so far in this tournament. They’ve looked like a side who are scared to break out and something is going to have to give here. Their forwards are offering little platform for the backs who aren’t exactly breaking the line or looking like doing so. Samoa have no such issues. They have tons of power but the backs have the necessary skill and I would expect a comfortable Samoan win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/france-vs-samoa-betting-samoa-should-have-too-much-for-france-in-perpignan

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 Any chance anyone could put my mind at rest on a bet settlement query? I backed Waqa to score a try for Fiji v England on Saturday and the bet has been voided on the basis of him taking no part in the game. I believe that to be correct but this site shows him playing and scoring the 2nd try. http://www.scoresway.com/?sport=rugby&page=match&id=15486 Every other site attributes that try to Semi Radrada or Waqavatu, which I assume is 2 different names for the same person (some sites list him one way in the team line ups and the other in the try scorers section)! Leaving aside the Radrada/Waqavatu conundrum (so good they named him twice, with 2 different names), I'd appreciate any confirmation that Waqa didn't participate in the game and my bet was, therefore, correctly voided.

That site is wrong mate. Their 3/4 line was Koroibete, D Millard, W Naiqama and Semi Radradra :ok.
Thanks for that. I didn't really doubt it but, when there's a potential winning bet at stake, I thought it was worth double checking. Also had to nudge Fred today to refund 2 non-runners that they'd settled as losers! Good luck with your bet tonight, a different France will need to show up if you're going to be disappointed.