** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Cup South America Qualification > Wednesday October 16th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 16 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chile v Ecuador (00:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.68[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Paraguay v Colombia (00:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Uruguay v Argentina (00:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Peru v Bolivia (03:15 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > Wednesday October 16th So Chile V Ecuador both teams need a draw to 100% guarantee qualification. Draw price is now evens. Could be interesting. :$ I think that is getting a bit to short because Uruguay need to beat Argentina by a few goals to knock Chile or Ecuador out and that is not very likely. Also whoever finishes 5th in South American section has to play Jordon in a play off over 2 legs to get to Brazil. So finishing 5th is not a major disaster at all in terms of qualification.

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > Wednesday October 16th

So Chile V Ecuador both teams need a draw to 100% guarantee qualification. Draw price is now evens. Could be interesting. :$ I think that is getting a bit to short because Uruguay need to beat Argentina by a few goals to knock Chile or Ecuador out and that is not very likely. Also whoever finishes 5th in South American section has to play Jordon in a play off over 2 legs to get to Brazil. So finishing 5th is not a major disaster at all in terms of qualification.
Having been through a tough 2 year qualifying programme, I think both countries will be desparate to finish the job. They certainly won't want to face a play-off. Best odds on a draw are now 1.75 with BetVictor Other related markets, if you think a draw is likely: 1st Half Draw 2.1 Bet365 HT/FT Draw/draw 2.75 Bet365 Under 2.5 1.66 Pinnacle Under 0.5 7.25 Betway 1st Half 0-0 2.75 Bet365

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > Wednesday October 16th Aren't the current price on Chile win too big?! Realistically the chances that Chile doesn't qualify this week for WC 2014 are 1-2%, and the chances that they don't qualify at all, with all respect to Jordan, are close to 0%. At the moment, they are 4 goals ahead of Uruguay on goal-difference and they have scored more goals, which make the difference more like 5 goals. I simply don't see any scenario where Uruguay crushes Argentina and Chile loses by more than one at home to Ecuador. I think the market is over-reacting with these draw price. Okay, if it was a do-or-die thing, I would agree, but now the danger for Chile and Ecuador is almost non-existent. And I think Chileans are in tremendous form at the moment and a real powerhouse at home. They will be extra motivated by their huge and amazing crowd at Santiago de Chile. Ecuador is a decent team, but they are a typical home team with poor results as visitors. For me personally, the value here is clearly on Chile Chile @ 2.63 (Pinnacle)

Aren't the current price on Chile win too big?! Realistically the chances that Chile doesn't qualify this week for WC 2014 are 1-2%, and the chances that they don't qualify at all, with all respect to Jordan, are close to 0%. At the moment, they are 4 goals ahead of Uruguay on goal-difference and they have scored more goals, which make the difference more like 5 goals. I simply don't see any scenario where Uruguay crushes Argentina and Chile loses by more than one at home to Ecuador. I think the market is over-reacting with these draw price. Okay, if it was a do-or-die thing, I would agree, but now the danger for Chile and Ecuador is almost non-existent. And I think Chileans are in tremendous form at the moment and a real powerhouse at home. They will be extra motivated by their huge and amazing crowd at Santiago de Chile. Ecuador is a decent team, but they are a typical home team with poor results as visitors. For me personally, the value here is clearly on Chile Chile @ 2.63 (Pinnacle)
Without the 'remember Amigo, a draw suits us both' factor, I think Chile would be clear favourites given their excellent home record. So if you reckon both sides will try to win the game the value is with Chile.

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > Wednesday October 16th Price on Chile will probably rise won't it as the draw continues to go down tomorrow? Watched Ecuador against Uruguay on Fri and Uruguay were clearly struggling with the altitude but Ecuador didn't look anything special.

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > Wednesday October 16th Anyone know anything about Peru or Bolivia? South America sides are usually poor away from home and Bolivia are no different with one draw and six away defeats. They haven't won away from home since beating South Africa in a friendly six years ago. Peru have won four games at home but the head to head record is very even. Anyone know anything about team news, the way they're playing or anything?

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > Wednesday October 16th Just a note. Chile arent a team to sit back and want the draw.. They play a VERY attacking style of football and cant just sit back and play the ball they will want to go out and attack and try win the game especially at home.. Vegas is trying to lure people into backing the draw. Take chile and thank me later

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > Wednesday October 16th PERU v BOLIVIA PERU -0.5 1.67 Pinnacle Home advantage of course is massive in South America, and both of these teams typify that fact. Both are reasonably strong at home .....and hopeless away from home! Bolivia have a record of Played 27 Won 0 Drawn 7 Lost 20 in all of their away matches stretching back more than 6 years! Peru have a respectable home record of Played 20 Won 12 Drawn 4 Lost 4 in all home matches stretching back over 4 years. In the last 15 head to heads between these two sides........the away team has never won! I've watched quite a few of the South American qualifying matches, and I have to say that Peru certainly look the stronger of these two......... in their last home match against Uruguay they were much the better side until a red card and a penalty at the end of the first half gave the visitors the advantage. At home they are a force to be reckoned with, and I expect them to see off Bolivia.

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > Wednesday October 16th Peru - Bolivia Peru -1 AH 2.05 @Bet365 7/10 In the last four WC qualifications in South America, away from home Bolivia have recorded 4 draws and 30 defeats. No wins. Their squad consists almost entirely from the local league. Peru also are finishing a poor qualification round, but at home have defeated Chile, Venezuela, Ecuador and Paraguay, while a Luis Suarez dive which resulted in a red card and penalty prevented them from picking point in their last home game. The host will be without Farfan and Guerrero, but still have other quality players - Claudio Pizarro (Bayern Munich), Andre Carillo (Sporting), Juan Vargas (Fiorentina) and Carlos Zambrano (Eintracht Frankfurt).

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > Wednesday October 16th CHILE v ECUADOR CHILE -0 &-0.5 1.76 SBOBET As I said in my Peru v Bolivia preview, I've watched most of the South American qualifiers, and with the exceptions of Argentina and Columbia, Chile are the team that have impressed me the most. The hosts have been in particularly good form this year, playing fantastic, fast-flowing attacking football. In 2013 Chile have played 11 won 7 drawn 3 lost 1 (away in Peru) and some of their performances and results have been eye-catching (2-2 draws against Brazil and Spain, and a fantastic first half display last weekend in Columbia, where they were 3-0 up and cruising until a harsh sending-off changed the game completely). Visitors Ecuador have always been a strong side at home......and poor travellers! Ecuador have yet to win an away match in the qualifying group. Of course I'm well aware (as everyone is) that a draw would take both teams through, but I believe that Chile will do their upmost to try and win the game.......Ecuador will probably be content to sit back and soak up pressure. I expect either a narrow victory for Chile or a draw. In the circumstances I am prepared to risk losing half my stake on the -0 & -0.5 line in the event of a draw, as I believe that the odds-on the draw are too short, and the prices on a Chile win too generous. The hosts are an exciting team, in good form, playing at home to an inferior side with a poor away record. At the end of the day both sides will almost certainly qualify anyway....whatever the result here......as I can't see Uruguay beating Argentina by a big score.

Aren't the current price on Chile win too big?! Realistically the chances that Chile doesn't qualify this week for WC 2014 are 1-2%, and the chances that they don't qualify at all, with all respect to Jordan, are close to 0%. At the moment, they are 4 goals ahead of Uruguay on goal-difference and they have scored more goals, which make the difference more like 5 goals. I simply don't see any scenario where Uruguay crushes Argentina and Chile loses by more than one at home to Ecuador. I think the market is over-reacting with these draw price. Okay, if it was a do-or-die thing, I would agree, but now the danger for Chile and Ecuador is almost non-existent. And I think Chileans are in tremendous form at the moment and a real powerhouse at home. They will be extra motivated by their huge and amazing crowd at Santiago de Chile. Ecuador is a decent team, but they are a typical home team with poor results as visitors. For me personally, the value here is clearly on Chile Chile @ 2.63 (Pinnacle)
Result: Chile 2 Ecuador 1 I saw some of it and I was very impressed with both teams. Both attacked from the outset, with both going close early in the first half, shooting narrowly wide and forcing the keepers to make very good saves - I thought both keepers were excellent. Chile had the better of the attacking, and I think they deserved the win overall. Ecuador qualified as well - Uruguay beat Argentina 3-2, but they had to win by more to overtake one of these two teams.