** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL: Week 6 picks

Peyton Manning

Re: Peyton "The Man" Mannings week 6 money line picks Sorry I forgot to add reasoning...... Giants to beat Bears 16/5 is an insane price for a team who have won their last 4 games at soldier field. Giants currently have one of the worst ranked defences in the league but that is only because they have turned the ball over 20 times in 5 games keeping the defence on the field far too long. Today they play the bears who create the most takeaways, however I think losing RB David Wilson to injury will help with the Giants ball security and also having a more powerful runner in Brandon Jacobs will help the run game. They already had the worst run game in nfl so it cant get any worse. All they need from Jacobs is to pick up chunks of only 3 yards at a time to help maintain an offensive balance. The Giants have only made 5 sacks in 5 games but the bears o-line is little more than a human sieve and I expect that if they don't sack Cutler a few time they can at least pressure him. Finally the qb matchup I love, swap these qb's and I would say the bears would be 5-0 while the giants would be 0-5 still. Put any QB in the league on this Bears team and they would win more games than with Jay Cutler under centre. I will show my reasoning for Sundays picks a little closer to the start time.

Put any QB in the league on this Bears team and they would win more games than with Jay Cutler under centre........... What absolute rubbish, these are words spoken by a man who hasnt A. Watched the games last year when cutler was hurt and jason campbell played B.watched any game where cutler was hurt and caleb hanie played C. Watched any game involving blaine gabbert, brandon weeden, mark sanchez or any number of other qbs And the reason the giants are last in the league running the ball is because the defense is so bad is becauwe they are so far behind they are abandoning the run completely to try and catch up, nothing to do with wilson who bar the first game hasnt had a chance to turn the ball over as has hardly featured, the worst o line in this game is new yorks my friend. I respect you for posting an opinion but a chunk of what you say has no sound statistical basis and is flawed. I would be more inclined to look under 47.5 points than play the giants who are an awful awful team Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Peyton "The Man" Mannings week 6 money line picks No problem and I respect your opinion, when I said "any qb" I did not mean that literally I just think Jay is massively over-rated, Of course he is better than the backup qb's, Wilson is an explosive player but I would limit him to special teams plays if I was the coach. I worry about him coughing up possession every time he takes a hit. And I think the giants will benefit from having a power runner tonight, their run blocking is poor so they will need an RB who can truck players, I agree about NY's O-line being poor, but where did I say the bears O line is the worst in the league? And of course the Giants defence would be better if the offence hadn't turned the ball over a league high 20 times, I think that's indisputable. And on the flip side the bears offence looks better than it is because of their defence recording the most takeaways so far. Anyway I have backed the G-men because they are 16/5 whereas I would have them at 5/2 if I ran a bookies

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks 4pts Chicago vs NYG - Over 47pts 10/11 Bet365 This is a dangerous match for the Chicago Bears. Everyone are beginning to write off the Giants now but they have too talented a roster for that to be a wise move even if they are 0-5. The Bears haven’t been convincing in their wins but at least they’ve won. They might win this one but I think the safest bet is over 47pts. Both have good pass offenses and both statistically at least have weaker defences so we should see plenty of points in this showdown. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-york-giants--chicago-bears-betting-expect-a-few-points-in-the-thursday-night-game

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks The over i think is the clear choice here. 11/10 Bears have stuggled getting to the QB all year. And NYG main problem (been lots), is their offensive line being bad. Eli is still Eli so can put up 20-25 points and the Bears should be able to go big against this NYG defence. Saying that i still think there is more value in backing the NYG over the Bears as its not clearcut and the giants have done well there in the past. 27/10 seems fairly reasonable. Though i might leave it alone. Also the bears seems to force a lot of interceptions. And the giants seem to put up a lot of interceptions, so betting on a D/special teams TD could be ok. Yes 5/4 All B365.

Saints (3.0) @ 10/11 (@ NE) Brees and co are on the road looking to go 6-0 before their week off. Now I don't take on the Patriots too often but Brady has not had the offensive weapons this year and even if the Gronk returns questions will be asked of his fitness/sharpness. As well as a diminished and injured receiving corps, Brady is now being sacked regularly and really hurried in the pocket. I think their 4-1 record has flattered them this season. On defence big Vince is out, and we need no reminder of just how potent the saints offence is. Was tempted with the 6/5 available straight up, but playing it safer with the spread Sent from my GT-I9100 using PL Forum

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks Buccaneers vs. Eagles Bucs are coming off a bye week, it’s a team full of veterans and they’re still winless. I believe, this is the time to bounce back. They had a difficult schedule so far and despite getting terrible QB performances, their record could’ve been 2-3, instead of 0-5, because of stud defensive unit they have. They ranked in top 10 both against pass and rush. Missing M.Vick will cost for Eagles, since the opposing defenses will solely focus to stop L.McCoy and D.Revis will be matched with Eagles’ only clicking receiver D.Jackson, who generally manages to contain him. N.Foles hadn’t been tested against Giants’ terrible stop unit, I still have doubts him to be able to run coach Kelly’s offense. M.Glennon didn’t seem to be a guy to be trusted in his first start, but he’ll face with a softer secondary defense and his best receiver V.Jackson is fully healthy, for this time. This is Eagles’ third consecutive road game and after this, they’ll have two consecutive divisional match ups. It’s the perfect spot to take home underdog. Buccaneers(+1) 3/10 @2.11 Ravens vs. Packers Packers ranked 29th against pass this season and with the missing of C.Matthews, I really doubt this to change against reigning Super Bowl champions. R.Rice seems to be fully healthy and he’ll face run defense ranked 20th. Packers’ offense is a bit overrated, since it has some flashy players, but actually, recently red zone offense was terrible and Ravens is one of the best defenses in red zone. A.Rodgers will have problems, since his offensive line will face the defensive front seven, which recorded second most sacks, this season and Ravens’ defense is ranked 8th versus rush, I expect this to be a tough afternoon for Packers’ offense as well. Ravens seem to pick games and I believe, they’ll be on attack mode, as they’re underdogs at home turf, where they have been really impressive during Harbaugh&Flacco era. Ravens(+1) 3/10 @2.16 Texans vs. Rams M.Schaub had been awful recently, but he faced with some of the best defenses around, now he’ll be facing a terrible Rams’ secondary and his team is in bounce back spot. Rams’ defense is ranked 28th against both pass and rush. Texans’ previous opponents had top 10 defenses against rush, which effected M.Schaub’s play-action plays, but I expect to see much increased performance overall, this Sunday. Rams doesn’t havea solid running back, whereas Texans’ secondary is ranked 3rd against pass. Moreover, Rams’ O-Line is terrible, they allowed 13 sacks in last 3 games, so I really feel sorry for S.Bradford, as he’ll face with JJ Watt and crew. Rams got destroyed against higher level teams such as Cowboys, Falcons and Niners. I don’t expect this to change against Texans, who is in a definite must win situation. Texans(-7.5) 3/10 @2.06 Seahawks vs. Titans C.Fitzpatrick will have his first career start in Seattle, it’s arguably the hardest place to put a decent performance and he’ll not have his safe option, since Seattle is ranked 5th against rush. Fitz will be challenged to do it on air against a solid secondary defense, in the noisiest stadium. I don’t expect him to be successful, at all. Titans has really good pass rushing and a solid secondary defense, but their main liability is to defend the rush and as M.Lynch finally had his break out game last week, I strongly believe Seahawks will focus running more. I believe o/u line is way off. Under 40.5 3/10 @1.952 49ers vs. Cardinals Kap is struggling and Niners will face Cardinals’ defense, which is ranked 4th against the rush. P.Peterson can match and contain A.Boldin, as well and as D.Washington is back from suspension, Cardinals has much better pass rushing. On the other hand, C.Palmer is terrible lately, he threw 7 interceptions compared to 2 TD’s, in last 3 games. His O-Line can’t protect him well, I expect him to have a real tough evening at San Francisco. P.Willis will finally return to pitch, which will improve Niners’ defense against rush. All in all, anything except a defensive struggle game will be a surprise for me. Under 41 3/10 @1.952 Cowboys vs. Redskins Redskins has the worst defense of Nfl. They’re ranked last against pass by far and 30th against rush. Despite coming off a heartbreaking loss, T.Romo has plenty of options to exploit Skins’ stop unit and he had been solid, so far this season. On the other side of the pitch, Cowboys’ secondary was awful, so far, they seemed to struggle to make the transition to new defensive schemes. RGIII seemed to getting back on track before bye week and as he had more time to prepare for this one, I expect to see him sharper. Cowboys’ rush defense is ranked at the middle, although they might limit A.Morris, I expect RGIII to hurt them on the ground as well, due to read-option scheme’s traditional success against Cowboys’ cover-2. I expect a scoring fest. Over 52 3/10 @1.926

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks There has been some viral thing going on with Bucs team, Carl Nicks, Lawrence Tynes and Johnathan Parks are diagnosed with mrsa. There have been some saying going on, the game might get postponed. That doesn't change my bet, or my thoughts about the game, but I think, I need to note it to inform, the ones who're considering to follow. I see Nicks' absence as important, but even though he had been diagnosed with that before, he played in first couple weeks and he's not officially ruled out for this game, as well.

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks The Sioux Falls Police Department revealed Friday that Adrian Peterson's two-year-old son has passed away due to injuries sustained during an alleged assault by the boyfriend of the child's mother. This is great tragedy and I doubt he will be concentrated for sunday game, maybe he wont even play. Cassel will start at QB, and with this news about AP, Panthers can be nice bet. On Pinnacle they were around 2.20, but now that game is offline. I have them in my lokal bookie at 2.45 (Mozzart) and I will take them. Watched Panthers last week, really really bad team, but this news change a lot of things for Vikings.

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks Denver Broncos over 38.5 points @ $1.92 sportsbet.com 8/10 This IMO is a no brainer, the broncos have racked up 49, 41 37, 52, 51 in the first 5 weeks of the nfl season. Their offense is on target to be the first team to score 600 points in a season and their on target to break 700. Moreno has vastly improved as a running back a good tough runner, while broncos currently have 4 receivers all currently on target for 1000+ receiving yard games. Ive seen alot of nfl in my time and this is hands down the best offense ive ever witnessed, i think it would be somewhat of a minor miracle by the jaguars (the worst team in the league by miles) if they were restricted to under 38.5. FYI bet365.com has this line at 40.5 and $1.60 for overs

The Sioux Falls Police Department revealed Friday that Adrian Peterson's two-year-old son has passed away due to injuries sustained during an alleged assault by the boyfriend of the child's mother. This is great tragedy and I doubt he will be concentrated for sunday game, maybe he wont even play. Cassel will start at QB, and with this news about AP, Panthers can be nice bet. On Pinnacle they were around 2.20, but now that game is offline. I have them in my lokal bookie at 2.45 (Mozzart) and I will take them. Watched Panthers last week, really really bad team, but this news change a lot of things for Vikings.
Absolutely terrible news, but I'd advise caution if it greatly influences your pick / stake for this match. Torrey Smith lost his brother in a motorcycle accident on a Thursday last season, then had a huge game on the Sunday against the Patriots and dedicated it to his brother. Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Absolutely terrible news, but I'd advise caution if it greatly influences your pick / stake for this match. Torrey Smith lost his brother in a motorcycle accident on a Thursday last season, then had a huge game on the Sunday against the Patriots and dedicated it to his brother. Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum
Think also favre after his fathers death, arguably his greatest game. Often the dedication of the game is a huge motivation Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks Bronco's -26. It was 21 i think vs the seahawks which was covered. And Peyton vs this absolutely dreadful team should get this big of a lead in the first half. My only concern would be complancy and how early they rotate thier players and bring in the B team. 4 accy Phili -3. Michael vick has done pretty well, only a couple of interceptions on the season and has looked fairly good though he may NOT be starting which is a concern. But this team is fairly solid and Chip Kellys offense should still make in roads into this Bucs D. Denver -26. As stated. Green Bay -3. For me i haven't been impressed with the Ravens this season despite thier positive record and i think Green Bays D will be all over Flacco. And the ever relieable aaron rodgers should have enough firepower to see this through. Vikings -2. I think the Vikings are the better team and if anything recent events will probably fire up ADP than hinder his game. If he doesn't start then it would drastically alter the line, though i think this vikings team is fairly solid, wheras Cam newtons team hasn't looked that great except vs the terrible Giants. 13/1 Accy Skybet.

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks History says teams with spreads as large as the one favouring the broncos do not necessarily cover. We saw that with the New England Patriots when they went 16-0 where they blew teams out in the first half before getting reeled in after HT. What if they rest Peyton Manning after HT? I'm looking for a HT line. 38.5 seems about right on the mark if complacency does set in. The total of 53.5 may be a bit high as Jacksonville just can't score.

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks

Denver Broncos over 38.5 points @ $1.92 sportsbet.com 8/10 This IMO is a no brainer, the broncos have racked up 49, 41 37, 52, 51 in the first 5 weeks of the nfl season. Their offense is on target to be the first team to score 600 points in a season and their on target to break 700. Moreno has vastly improved as a running back a good tough runner, while broncos currently have 4 receivers all currently on target for 1000+ receiving yard games. Ive seen alot of nfl in my time and this is hands down the best offense ive ever witnessed, i think it would be somewhat of a minor miracle by the jaguars (the worst team in the league by miles) if they were restricted to under 38.5. FYI bet365.com has this line at 40.5 and $1.60 for overs
Any toughts on over 40,5 @ 2.00 found at Will Hill??

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks 4pts Baltimore vs Green Bay - Over 48pts 10/11 Boylesports I think we’ll see a lot of points in this match. Both sides have good passing offenses and both have weaker defences, especially against the pass. Green Bay can’t really run the ball at the minute while Baltimore have been more potent through the air. I think the ball will spend a lot of time in the air and with both sides having deep threats we should see lots of points in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/green-bay-packers--baltimore-ravens-betting-expect-a-lot-of-points-in-sunday-s-opener 4pts New Orleans Saints to beat New England Patriots 23/20 Boylesports Not many sides go into New England and win but I like the way the Saints match up to the Patriots here. They are performing well on defence and they will score against any side. With their defence going so well against the pass a stuttering New England offense might have a tough night against this Saints defence and if that happens then everything will be there for the visitors to steal this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-orleans-saints-vs-new-england-patriots-betting-the-saints-can-stay-undefeated-against-the-patriots 4pts T.Romo Over 310.5 passing yards 10/11 Ladbrokes Tony Romo has been in good form this season and I see no reason why that won’t continue here. Washington’s defence has been opened up by the pass a couple of times this season and with the likes of Dez Bryant in good touch the Dallas quarterback should enjoy himself. He threw for over 500 yards last week and I think there’s more than 310 in him here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/washington-redskins--dallas-cowboys-betting-tony-romo-can-dominate-against-the-skins

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks 4pts San Diego to beat Indianapolis Evs Bet365 I like the Chargers here. I think the likes of Danny Woodhead and Ryan Mathews can run with purpose to open up the pass a little bit more for Philip Rivers who has been in good nick lately. The Colts have a couple of injuries in their defence so throw in home advantage as well and I think the Chargers have every chance of a third win of the season in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/indianapolis-colts-vs-san-diego-chargers-betting-san-diego-can-level-out-their-season-on-monday-night

• 2 weeks later...

Re: NFL: Week 6 picks I moved to another home and lived two weeks without internet, that's why i didn't update the bets. And since I lived without watching nfl for a fairly long time, I'll take another off week. I'll be back with updated stats starting from week 9, just wanted to post this in order to prevent thoughts of me disappearing after some bad results. cheers.