** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Cup South America Qualification > October 11th & 12th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 11 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Venezuela v Paraguay (21:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Colombia v Chile (22:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ecuador v Uruguay (22:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.47 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 12 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Argentina v Peru (00:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.28[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]14[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > October 11th & 12th I couldnt see a thread for the south American qualifiers so i will post here. Back Uruguay 4.2 Pinnacle Am surprised to see Uruguay as big as 4.2 away to Ecuador. Seems a great value price. Ecuador have the advantage of playing at altitude and have been awesome at home for a couple of years. However they have been quite shaky recently especially in defense and their record at home against the top sides is not so good. Uruguay are a top side and have superior players in every area of the pitch. Ecuador have not beaten Uruguay in the last 9 attempts and i dont really see what is different this time. It just looks like an over reaction to the altitude. Uruguay beat Ecuador 4 years ago in Quito at altitude and 4 or 5 players from both sides played that day. Suarez and Cavani both on form right now may well be the match winners.

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > October 11th & 12th

I couldnt see a thread for the south American qualifiers so i will post here. Back Uruguay 4.2 Pinnacle Am surprised to see Uruguay as big as 4.2 away to Ecuador. Seems a great value price. Ecuador have the advantage of playing at altitude and have been awesome at home for a couple of years. However they have been quite shaky recently especially in defense and their record at home against the top sides is not so good. Uruguay are a top side and have superior players in every area of the pitch. Ecuador have not beaten Uruguay in the last 9 attempts and i dont really see what is different this time. It just looks like an over reaction to the altitude. Uruguay beat Ecuador 4 years ago in Quito at altitude and 4 or 5 players from both sides played that day. Suarez and Cavani both on form right now may well be the match winners.
Like the thinking :ok..worth noting that Ecuador have won 6 of 7 at home in this qualification series, and the 4 defeats in 7 away games Uruguay have had have all been batterings! Ecuador seem to have suffered after the death of Benitez - might be a coincidence but I don't think so - and they are now winless in 4 qualification games, important defender Erazo is 50/50 to start for Ecuador..I'm not brave enough to bet on the straight Uruguay win but they have been improving and 2.9 is too big DNB for me, I'll have a few points on that with pinnacle.

I couldnt see a thread for the south American qualifiers so i will post here. Back Uruguay 4.2 Pinnacle Am surprised to see Uruguay as big as 4.2 away to Ecuador. Seems a great value price. Ecuador have the advantage of playing at altitude and have been awesome at home for a couple of years. However they have been quite shaky recently especially in defense and their record at home against the top sides is not so good. Uruguay are a top side and have superior players in every area of the pitch. Ecuador have not beaten Uruguay in the last 9 attempts and i dont really see what is different this time. It just looks like an over reaction to the altitude. Uruguay beat Ecuador 4 years ago in Quito at altitude and 4 or 5 players from both sides played that day. Suarez and Cavani both on form right now may well be the match winners.
Followed you on this, it makes a lot of sense, only I took a more safe approach - Uruguay + 0,25 at 2,00. The odds in the other two games are also atractive. Took the home win for Colombia at 2,00. I like the fast attacking play of Chile, but man to man plus home advantage - everything to me points at the home win. The FIFA Rankings do not lie in this case, the Colombian team plays great at the moment. Tough as it is, going to Venezuela shouldn't have Paraguay at 4,50 ! To me this is a bigger betting chance than the game in Ecuador. Paraguay never lost their good defending skills vs teams of their caliber or lower, plus they are now very dangerous forward. I was impressed with the ease they attacked dangerously all the time in that friendly against Germany. Massive potential, better squad and better internatinal experience vs a tough home team that will ''open up'' more in this game to attack - to me Paraguay + 0,5 AH is a great value. All with Bet365 and GL

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > October 11th & 12th The bet of the day for me in South America is over 2.5 at Venezuela - Paraguay. Bookmakers overreact to the traditional tightness of South American qualifiers by giving away too generous prices on "over 2.5" on teams which don't have anymore any incentive to play cautious and defensive football and have plenty of potential up-front. Last round I profited nicely by taking deliciously priced and very easy "overs" at Venezuela-Peru and Paraguay - Argentina, and now I am very confident in another "over 2.5" in the encounter two of the teams involved in "overs" last time. After watching several matches of Paraguay lately, I rate them as extremely dangerous on the break, where they can score with ease against almost anyone. On the other hand, I disagree with Nicko about their defense - it is a complete joke, and it was once again disclosed by Argentina which scored 5 goals in Asuncion with absolute ease. A very important factor here, which is key for my bet - in the match against Argentina, Paraguay never really seemed to bother about playing tight and containing their mighty guests. Paraguayans attacked non-stop and kept their defense often unguarded. Probably away from home they will a bit more cautious, but anyway, as I said, they are good on the break, and I see no reason why they will be afraid to open up against Venezuela in a meaningless game. For Venezuela this game has some importance, but mainly in theory. Their chance to reach Uruguay for the play-off place is more like science fiction. So, I think they will be very relaxed and will try to play entertaining game for the crowd in their last match in the qualifiers. Like they did against Peru a month ago. The team news also look promising for over 2.5 bets. Oscar Cardozo is finally back in the Paraguay team after long absence, and together with Roque Santa Cruz and Edgar Benitez will provide strong power in visitors' attack. The bad news here is the absence of Venezuela top striker Salomon Rondon. Hence, the home attack is expected to be led by Miku (Al Gharafa, 10 goals for national team) and Josef Martinez (Thun, 2 goals for nat. team). Over 2.5 @ 2.19 (SBO)

The bet of the day for me in South America is over 2.5 at Venezuela - Paraguay. Bookmakers overreact to the traditional tightness of South American qualifiers by giving away too generous prices on "over 2.5" on teams which don't have anymore any incentive to play cautious and defensive football and have plenty of potential up-front. Last round I profited nicely by taking deliciously priced and very easy "overs" at Venezuela-Peru and Paraguay - Argentina, and now I am very confident in another "over 2.5" in the encounter two of the teams involved in "overs" last time. After watching several matches of Paraguay lately, I rate them as extremely dangerous on the break, where they can score with ease against almost anyone. On the other hand, I disagree with Nicko about their defense - it is a complete joke, and it was once again disclosed by Argentina which scored 5 goals in Asuncion with absolute ease. A very important factor here, which is key for my bet - in the match against Argentina, Paraguay never really seemed to bother about playing tight and containing their mighty guests. Paraguayans attacked non-stop and kept their defense often unguarded. Probably away from home they will a bit more cautious, but anyway, as I said, they are good on the break, and I see no reason why they will be afraid to open up against Venezuela in a meaningless game. For Venezuela this game has some importance, but mainly in theory. Their chance to reach Uruguay for the play-off place is more like science fiction. So, I think they will be very relaxed and will try to play entertaining game for the crowd in their last match in the qualifiers. Like they did against Peru a month ago. The team news also look promising for over 2.5 bets. Oscar Cardozo is finally back in the Paraguay team after long absence, and together with Roque Santa Cruz and Edgar Benitez will provide strong power in visitors' attack. The bad news here is the absence of Venezuela top striker Salomon Rondon. Hence, the home attack is expected to be led by Miku (Al Gharafa, 10 goals for national team) and Josef Martinez (Thun, 2 goals for nat. team). Over 2.5 @ 2.19 (SBO)
My post says '' defending skills vs teams of their caliber or lower'', so Argentina or Germany can not ''qualify'' in this group...;) Nevertheless, I like your view on this game and added the Over to my first bet, at 2,05 though... GL

Re: World Cup South America Qualification > October 11th & 12th What do you lads think of Suarez anytime at 3.5? If Uruguay are improving and Ecuador have been going downhill recently surely with Suarez's form and record in these qualifiers this is a good bet. Only thing is Ecuador's defensive record at home and Uruguay's poor away record. Cavani is also 3.5 at PaddyPower. I like the look of Columbia to win as well. They have some real quality players who have been playing well recently and Chile have a bad away record.

The thing is, home advantage counts for a lot more in South America. If you look at a lot of countries records, they win a lot at home and lose a lot away. But you're right - Ecuador's record against Uruguay is poor. There's a bit of pressure on both sides to win here to try to get enough points to qualify automatically and avoid fifth place which would leave them with a play-off to contend with. I'm not sure what to make of this game.

Followed you on this' date=' it makes a lot of sense, only I took a more safe approach - [b']Uruguay + 0,25 at 2,00. The odds in the other two games are also atractive. Took the home win for Colombia at 2,00. I like the fast attacking play of Chile, but man to man plus home advantage - everything to me points at the home win. The FIFA Rankings do not lie in this case, the Colombian team plays great at the moment. Tough as it is, going to Venezuela shouldn't have Paraguay at 4,50 ! To me this is a bigger betting chance than the game in Ecuador. Paraguay never lost their good defending skills vs teams of their caliber or lower, plus they are now very dangerous forward. I was impressed with the ease they attacked dangerously all the time in that friendly against Germany. Massive potential, better squad and better internatinal experience vs a tough home team that will ''open up'' more in this game to attack - to me Paraguay + 0,5 AH is a great value. All with Bet365 and GL
Clearly now the bet in Colombia looks lost...The rest looks still more or less OK, with chances in both. Hate chasing lost bets but took Over 4,5 Goals in Colombia, trying to save the bet, at 1,70 with Bet365. Sanchez on fire, plenty of good attacking players on the pitch... Can't wait for Brazil Serie B games later tonight...Heavy on the Over 2,5 in Joinville, heave on Palmeiras Team Goals Over 1,5... GL all