Announcements
** December Poker League Result : 1st muttley, 2nd LIKE2FISH, 3rd kevsul **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st Like A Roughie, 2nd Paperclip, 3rd Kingdom for, 4th Alastair, 5th Gray306 **
** December Naps Competition Result: 1st BARNSLEYCHOP, 2nd SADDLESORE, 3rd ZIDANE123, 4th ADAMROSS. KO Cup Winner BBBC, Most Winners: JCW **

The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 8 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aldershot Town v Luton Town (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Alfreton Town v Chester FC (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.01[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Braintree Town v Welling United (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dartford v Salisbury City (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Halifax Town v Nuneaton Town (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Grimsby Town v Cambridge United (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hyde FC v Gateshead (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Kidderminster Harriers v Forest Green Rovers (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lincoln City v Tamworth (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Macclesfield Town v Hereford United (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Woking v Barnet (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wrexham v Southport (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

I've done quite well backing against Hyde recently.. They are on a woeful run. Any reason why Gateshead are odds against tomorrow night? 6/5 (Coral & Hills) looks tasty. Gateshead not great but won at Tamworth recently. Any news either way would be good ta.

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th I am surprised to see odds drifting for the win of Alfreton at home against Chester. After the great win in the last run I am pretty sure they will be willing to continue their unbeaten run against a poor traveler such as Chester. Does anyone has some explanation to this? I also agree about Gateshead - Hyde have failed to score in the last 5 games and are losing badly by some margin every game. Gateshead seem to be in a uprun so would expect them to have enough to get the win here and these odds look juicy enough. Also like the look of Kiddies at home to FGR at above evens - as addpea has mentioned in the weekend thread, FGR are pretty bad in their away games and right now the situation in the team is quite complicated and would not expect them to sort things out so soon after the last lose. I will try to get some info tomorrow and find some meaning behind some of those weird pricings.

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th Alfreton match doesnt smell good to me, I agree with Dominus this odd on Alfreton win is amazing! They are excelent at home, one of the strongest team in Conference, and Chester one of the worst traveller, and odd in William Hill is 2.15 now?! Why that, does anyone have info about this match, if you look table, form etc this should be clear home win, but bookies probably know something that we dont know, opposite they wont give such a big odd...

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th

Alfreton match doesnt smell good to me' date=' I agree with Dominus this odd on Alfreton win is amazing! They are excelent at home, one of the strongest team in Conference, and Chester one of the worst traveller, and odd in William Hill is 2.15 now?! Why that, does anyone have info about this match, if you look table, form etc this should be clear home win, but bookies probably know something that we dont know, opposite they wont give such a big odd...[/quote'] I doubt if the bookies know more than we do! Alfreton did look a touch tired on Saturday towards the end, and will be missing Paul Clayton, who was crocked on Saturday, and Nick Fenton, who was red carded. They're big losses but perhaps not quite as big to explain a drift. It's not a match I'll be trading on, and the fixed odds price at Hills seems about fair value.

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th Just one spread trade for me so far - a sell of the second Halifax goal at 74 with Sporting. The average make-up of this market this season for Halifax at home is 60 and that includes two games (against Hereford and Southport) where they didn't score a second. I said in the weekend thread that I had doubts about Nuneaton's current defensive arrangements and Lincoln were able to get around the full-backs rather too easily. I'm not sure how they'll line up tonight, but Theo Streete will probably move back into the middle, and with Jon Adams set to return they should have a more solid centre, but Halifax can have some joy in the same areas that Lincoln did on Saturday. Halifax won't have Andy Brown to worry about and that'll probably mean the ball is coming back at Nuneaton more with more regularity than was the case earlier in the season.

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th I have decided to go big on Gateshead both to win and a (-1 AH) win as they seem really great at the moment - they enjoy their football and the new coach seem to have added what they were missing and they now look quite strong. In their game against Dartford they had 74% of the possession, forced 19 corners - 13 in the first half - and had over 20 attempts at goal. Against a struggling side like Hyde I think they will be able to grab a win and continue their winstreak. I am tempted to go for Kiddies with small stakes as it will be a bet against FGR rather than for Kiddies. However, I will wait for latest team news and starting line ups as the only player who has been highlighted by the managed after the draw vs Chester - Lolley - has suffered an injury during a training session and will have to pass a late fitness test before the game. The coach has admitted they are struggling with injuries at the moment: "We're putting a few square pegs in round holes at the minute", he said. Nothing more to add on Alfreton so a small-medium stake bet may be worth it at these odds.

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th Aldershot v Luton Given the fact Aldershot lost 3-0 on Saturday and have failed to score in their last three it might be odd that I am tipping them up to beat a Luton side who came back from 3-1 down to beat Halifax 4-3 on Saturday, but they look a pretty big price at 23/10 with Bet 365. Luton have won four out of their last five games (they drew the other), but I am still not sure about them and the fixture list has been fairly kind. The one thing in their favour is they are now scoring goals, but the fact remains that they have only scored six away from home and four of those were against Woking. Aldershot got off to a poor start on Saturday as Grimsby were two up after 10 minutes, but after that Aldershot were the better team. It obviously is a concern that they have not scored in three and Luton have only conceded three on the road all season, but they have already proved they can match anyone in the league and the price is way too big, especially given they are as short as 13/8. Alfreton v Chester I wrote plenty about Alfreton’s home record on Saturday so it is pointless to write it all out again, but after beating Forest Green Rovers 3-2 on Saturday that made it six out of seven wins at home. They really should be shorter than 19/20 (BetVictor) to beat a Chester side that have lost five out of six away games and the one they did win was against local rivals Wrexham. Chester have struggled this season and I am really keen on a home win here. Halifax v Nuneaton Although I didn’t have a bet in the Nuneaton’s game on Saturday, I did mention in my preview’s that I thought they might be about to drop down the league. They did manage to gain a point against Lincoln although again they weren’t as good as they were earlier in the season. Halifax are another one of the division’s teams to have great home form but shocking away form. Like Alfreton they have won six of their seven home matches. They have had some cracking results at home so far this term and they look a fantastic bet at Ladbrokes’ 11/8. Hyde v Gateshead Again no need to repeat what I wrote about Hyde on Saturday, as after Braintree’s 3-0 win nothing has changed. Gateshead were by all accounts really impressive on Saturday bar a man of a match performance by the Dartford keeper, they would have won by many more than the two goals they did score. Their other two wins of late have been against Tamworth and Chester which proves they are having little problem beating the teams near the bottom of the table. I think it is worth taking the 6/5 (Skybet) on Hyde still being winless after Tuesday night. Woking v Barnet I opposed Woking on Saturday, because I wasn’t certain they had fully turned the corner and Southport’s home record is really good. The game ended as a 1-1 draw although Woking sound like they should really have won. Garry Hill has got his team playing much better and I think they can beat a stuttering Barnet side. Edgar Davids side have only won once in their last six matches and after a good start to the campaign they are now finding life rather tough in the Skrill Premier. Like the Aldershot bet it isn’t one to lump on, but Woking shouldn’t be as big as 21/10 (Bet 365).

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th I wrote the above on Sunday and annoyed Alfreton have drifted to odds against. Tempted to have another bet given I am pretty strong on them tonight. As Ships says the bookies don't know anything and if people are really backing Chester then I am struggling to see what case you could possibly make for doing so. As for the Kiddie match it is one to leave alone and if anything I think FGR are probably too big a price.

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th As an Aldershot fan I'm still struggling to get to grips with this league from a betting viewpoint. With that caveat I'm another who can't work our why Alfreton are long, given the two sides' form. Anyone looking at Aldershot's game tonight might note we're without our first choice 'keeper (injured); our replacement loanee hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. We're also without ever present centre half Webster (under-19 duty). Our defence has been our strength for much of the season so any weakness might be significant. That said, we're so inconsistent (a downside of a young team) I wouldn't have parted with any cash on this one whatever the team news.

As an Aldershot fan I'm still struggling to get to grips with this league from a betting viewpoint. With that caveat I'm another who can't work our why Alfreton are long' date=' given the two sides' form. Anyone looking at Aldershot's game tonight might note we're without our first choice 'keeper (injured); our replacement loanee hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. We're also without ever present centre half Webster (under-19 duty). Our defence has been our strength for much of the season so any weakness might be significant. That said, we're so inconsistent (a downside of a young team) I wouldn't have parted with any cash on this one whatever the team news.[/quote'] These are good points, WS, and the loss of Adam Webster in a game of this importance is huge. I think a draw will be a good result in the circumstances.

To resume addpea what is the best for today? Alfreton HW, Halifax HW?? Maybe you could always write what you recommend the most?
Sorry I do sometimes say what the Nap is although didn't today. I have had the same amount on Alfreton and Halifax with Gateshead just behind.

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th Good luck Ships. Thought Halifax looked a very good side down here on Saturday. One of few in our stint in this league to man up and really take the game to us down here. Just one thing though, Smith and Gregory, 2 of their better players for me on the day, both went off injured. Are both fit for tonight?

As an Aldershot fan I'm still struggling to get to grips with this league from a betting viewpoint. With that caveat I'm another who can't work our why Alfreton are long' date=' given the two sides' form. Anyone looking at Aldershot's game tonight might note we're without our first choice 'keeper (injured); our replacement loanee hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. We're also without ever present centre half Webster (under-19 duty). Our defence has been our strength for much of the season so any weakness might be significant. That said, we're so inconsistent (a downside of a young team) I wouldn't have parted with any cash on this one whatever the team news.[/quote'] Price is just too big in my view. I certainly wouldn't have got involved at under 2/1, but at over that price it is too big to ignore. Luton are well known for dodgy away results especially on a Tuesday night (no idea why that should be) and given you are capable of beating anyone on your day it is worth a small bet in my view at the odds.

Aldershot v Luton Given the fact Aldershot lost 3-0 on Saturday and have failed to score in their last three it might be odd that I am tipping them up to beat a Luton side who came back from 3-1 down to beat Halifax 4-3 on Saturday, but they look a pretty big price at 23/10 with Bet 365. Luton have won four out of their last five games (they drew the other), but I am still not sure about them and the fixture list has been fairly kind. The one thing in their favour is they are now scoring goals, but the fact remains that they have only scored six away from home and four of those were against Woking. Aldershot got off to a poor start on Saturday as Grimsby were two up after 10 minutes, but after that Aldershot were the better team. It obviously is a concern that they have not scored in three and Luton have only conceded three on the road all season, but they have already proved they can match anyone in the league and the price is way too big, especially given they are as short as 13/8.
Not sure the fixture list has been too kind. We've already played the supposed big 5 in the ante-post betting this season, three of them away from home, in our first 12-13 matches. One thing our season so far has shown is that we approach the bigger games with a 'don't lose' mentality hence the number of 0-0 draws in that 5 game run but the 'lesser' sides in the division we open up a bit more and the goals start to flow. If you meant the last 5 games have been kind then I agree but you can only beat what's in front of you, and we have. If Aldershot are as good as the bare stats suggest then under 2.5 goals could be the way to go tonight.

Not sure the fixture list has been too kind. We've already played the supposed big 5 in the ante-post betting this season, three of them away from home, in our first 12-13 matches. One thing our season so far has shown is that we approach the bigger games with a 'don't lose' mentality hence the number of 0-0 draws in that 5 game run but the 'lesser' sides in the division we open up a bit more and the goals start to flow. If you meant the last 5 games have been kind then I agree but you can only beat what's in front of you, and we have. If Aldershot are as good as the bare stats suggest then under 2.5 goals could be the way to go tonight.
Yes I was talking about your recent games. I agree you can only beat what you are up against, but Aldershot are capable of being better than the recent teams you have played.

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th Whats about Kidderminster today? Looks like good Odds and Forest Green not good in Form. Lossing 3 from 5 last Games and away there not so strong. Kidderminster @ home not so bad, so that i would say these odds are good. Any important missings or News for this Game?

Good luck Ships. Thought Halifax looked a very good side down here on Saturday. One of few in our stint in this league to man up and really take the game to us down here. Just one thing though' date=' Smith and Gregory, 2 of their better players for me on the day, both went off injured. Are both fit for tonight?[/quote'] Both are potentially missing and both would be losses, but given the number of suspensions Halifax have had this season they have often had to make do and fill gaps. Matt Pearson definitely returns.

Just one spread trade for me so far - a sell of the second Halifax goal at 74 with Sporting. The average make-up of this market this season for Halifax at home is 60 and that includes two games (against Hereford and Southport) where they didn't score a second. I said in the weekend thread that I had doubts about Nuneaton's current defensive arrangements and Lincoln were able to get around the full-backs rather too easily. I'm not sure how they'll line up tonight' date=' but Theo Streete will probably move back into the middle, and with Jon Adams set to return they should have a more solid centre, but Halifax can have some joy in the same areas that Lincoln did on Saturday. Halifax won't have Andy Brown to worry about and that'll probably mean the ball is coming back at Nuneaton more with more regularity than was the case earlier in the season.[/quote'] Thanks, I like the look of that one. Have sold at 75 with Spreadex, who seem to generally be expecting less goals than SPIN.

Ya that's where I am now' date=' I meant TV coverage, but I guess that doesn't really exist.[/quote'] Well I wondered if you meant that but found it hard to believe that is what you meant. 30 games are on TV from the league this year but none tonight.

I doubt if the bookies know more than we do! Alfreton did look a touch tired on Saturday towards the end' date=' and will be missing Paul Clayton, who was crocked on Saturday, and Nick Fenton, who was red carded. They're big losses but perhaps not quite as big to explain a drift. It's not a match I'll be trading on, and the fixed odds price at Hills seems about fair value.[/quote'] Yes..they know a LOT more than we do..... 0-1

Frustrating evening. Chesters goal was against the run of play and Alfreton draw a rare blank. Aldershot got in front and couldn't hold on. Woking should have scored at the death and Halifax conceded seconds after taking the lead in injury time. At least Gateshead had an easy time of things. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: The Skrill Premier > Tuesday October 8th What a crazy night... profitable thanks to Gateshead but the other results are really crazy Kiddies turned out to be a good pick even though I didn't risk it.. couldn't see the game but the result is pretty impressive and the game must have been really nervous with all those red cards. FGR may be a good laying material for the next round as well with those red cards