Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** July Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, =2nd muttley, =2nd kevsul **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

World Grand Prix 7th-13th October

The World Grand Prix begins tomorrow night in Dublin with the double in double out format making it a bit different from the usual proceedings. Last year saw Michael Van Gerwen making his mark in the PDC by winning his first "major" against Mervyn King in a controversial final. Since 2005 only Taylor and Wade had won the tournament prior to last year and I see no reason as to why a top 4 player in the world won't win this time around. Adrian Lewis to win 8/1 (each way) Boylesports The one that I like to come through this tournament is Adrian Lewis. The 2 time World Champion has copped a lot of flak in the past couple of years for being poor in the tournaments outwith the world championships, however in the past few months he has shown more than enough to suggest that his desire and passion for the game is still there. He won the PDC pro tour tournament yesterday in Dublin beating Brendan Dolan, who he plays in the first round, and although he only made it to the last 32 today he'll be more than happy with his weekends work. Yesterdays result indicates he is coming into the event in good form and he should be full of confidence going into his first round game on Tuesday night against the home favourite. Jackpot's last few tv appearances have been impressive including winning the European Championship in Germany and finishing runner up to Phil Taylor in the World Matchplay at Blackpool at the end of July. I don't think there is much between him and MVG so the 8/1 on offer for Lewis is without doubt the value bet.

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Tournament preview: 2pts ew R.Barneveld to win World Grand Prix 22/1 Ladbrokes Raymond Barneveld had the perfect confidence boost on the eve of the tournament when he won a Players Championship tournament and he looks a decent price this week. Barneveld is a twice runner up in this tournament and hitting doubles has never really been a problem for him. He has the possibility of facing Michael van Gerwen in the second round but over this format that might not be the challenge it could be. Barneveld has always been a streaky confidence player so with his dander up he’s worth backing this week. 1pt ew P.Wright to win World Grand Prix 50/1 Betfred Peter Wright was runner up to Barneveld in that tournament on Sunday. That was his third final in the last month so he arrives in Dublin in very good form. He is a good hitter of doubles so I think he has the potential to go well this week even allowing for the fact that he’s in Taylor’s part of the draw. He almost took Taylor out of this tournament two years ago and he’s a much better player now so at 50/1 he’s a decent side bet to back up the Barneveld punt. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-grand-prix-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-exploit-a-high-in-confidence-to-land-dublin-crown

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Quarter preview: 1pt B.Dolan to win 4th Quarter 16/1 BetVictor Brendan Dolan has a good recent record in this tournament having been runner up and semi finalist in the last two years. He also hit a 9 dart finish here two years ago so we know this is a venue where he has good memories. We also know the Northern Irishman is in good nick too because he was a runner up in a Players Championship tournament at the weekend. He gets a lot of support this week and that can propel him to another semi final at a big price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-grand-prix-betting-brendan-dolan-can-entertain-the-crowds-again-in-dublin

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October World Grand Prix Darts (7th-13th October) Outrights; Simon Whitlock @ 12/1 - You know what your going to get with Whitlock, and he's good on the doubles and on form he takes some beating. He has a relatively "easy" opening game, in Mansell followed by another very winnable game Baxter/Lloyd. If he can get stared well and find his form I think he can have a big tournament. Jamie Caven @ 80/1 - Huge price for a player starting to take his floor game, too TV. He's obviously up against Phil Taylor first round, but there is no better round to play Taylor. This could give him a massive boost if he comes through it, and if it all clicks his A game is as good as anyone's. Player to win 3rd Quarter - Michael Van Gerwen @ 5/4 - Mighty Mike is in a relatively tough Quarter, and despite the short price I fancy him to make the Semi-Finals. He should be beating Part first round handily, before a potential clash with Barney, who hasn't been great for a long time and was in hospital recently (he did however have a good weekend)! Chisnall, White, King & Jones the other 4. For me all have question marks over an aspect of their game. MVG to come through I believe. Player to win 4th Quarter - Justin Pipe @ 7/1 - Pipe to beat Smith first round is the bet of the opening round for me (@ 1/2). Pipe is steady, he doesn't care what others think and plays his own game (often derails opponents). Lewis/Dolan hinges on Lewis and his doubles, if Lewis hits them he wins most matches. But for that reason I cant back him at such short odds. Hamilton, Huybrechts are both out of form, and Painter/Burnett certainly not the toughest of matches. I fancy him to have a good week.

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 7 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Baxter, R v Lloyd, C (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.03 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Wright, P (19:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.98 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nicholson, P v Thornton, R (20:20 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.65 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Mansell, M (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Beaton, S (21:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Caven, J (22:20 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Klaasen, J (23:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.71 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Finnan, C v Jenkins, T (23:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 8 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Jones, W v King, M (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.76 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Pipe, J v Smith, A (19:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.54 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Painter, K v Burnett, R (20:20 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chisnall, D v White, I (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Huybrechts, K (21:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kellett, S v Van Barneveld, R (22:20 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Part, J (23:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Dolan, B (23:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Couple of previews for tonight which I forgot to copy over earlier :$. 4pts W.Newton vs P.Wright - Over 2.5 sets Evs Skybet Although I think Peter Wright will come through here I think we’ll see the full three sets. These are two of the best players in the world and I expect a tight and tough game. Neither has a significant advantage in any part of the game than the other and over the shorter distance I think it will be harder to pull away so I like the look of over 2.5 sets here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-wright-betting-match-of-the-opening-night-can-go-the-full-three-sets 4pts J.Caven (+1.5 sets) to beat P.Taylor 11/10 Boylesports Taylor may well come through this match, although that is no foregone conclusion. Even if he does come through I think Caven is more than good enough to win a set here. Caven hits doubles well and scores strongly and given that the pressure will all be on Taylor, the Derby man can freeroll to an extent and give it everything he’s got. He’s a big price at odds against to win a set. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-caven-betting-jamie-caven-can-take-at-least-a-set-off-the-power-in-dublin

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Does anyone know where can get stats for last years first round matches ie 180s and checkouts be much appreciated seen a bet on skybet 30 or more 180s on night one 7/4 gotta be good shout with 8 matches played and some good 180 hitters.

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October 2 Pts Jelle Klaasen to beat Gary Anderson 11/8 Sportingbet: Outrageous value here, in my opinion. Since he's slowed his game down ever so slowly since his return from his *ahem* little break, Klaasen has been showing the sort of form that made him a World Champion in the BDO back in 2006. Let's be honest, is there a more capricious darts player than Gary Anderson, the man is fantastic on his day, but considering this tournament is heavily based on your proficiency on the double, (as unlike your conventional darts tournament it is double in, double out) I'm afraid that Gary's Achilles' Heel on the doubles will rear its ugly head again, and relying on his scoring power to redeem it like he so often does simply won't cut it in this format. Jelle to maintain his tremendous form, and Gary's to plummet further for me. 2 Pts Jamie Caven Most 180's vs Phil Taylor 7/5 Paddy Power: I simply cannot fathom why Caven is priced up this big. He's had somewhat of a renaissance over the past year or so and Jabba is finally living up to some of the promise that eluded him for so many years. He knows he'll have to play superbly in this game, as chances are that Phil won't miss many starting doubles. The key to that will be his scoring, and against Taylor who loves a switch to the T19, I can see Caven getting the most 180's here. 1 Pt Paul Nicholson to beat Robert Thornton 6/4 BetVictor: I see value here. Thornton is favourite, and rightfully so, but he comes into this match in patchy form, against a man in Nicho who's just starting to display some semblance of his Players Championship winning form. This sort of tournament could well suit Nicho, who's comfortable on doubles all around the board, and against Thornton who's main asset is his proficiency on D20, a number which he struggled with dreadfully against Ian White at the Matchplay, I think he's in with a great chance. 2 Pts James Wade to beat Steve Beaton 2-1 9/4 various: James Wade is one of the best "grinders" in the game, often winning bad games. He comes up against Steve Beaton tonight, who recently won a tournament in Germany, and is in very decent form. I can see Beaton getting a set, but I can see James ultimately doing what he does best. Real value on the correct score market in this one.

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October

Does anyone know where can get stats for last years first round matches ie 180s and checkouts be much appreciated seen a bet on skybet 30 or more 180s on night one 7/4 gotta be good shout with 8 matches played and some good 180 hitters.
There will be less 180 opportunities due to the double start format. 2 less opportunities per leg to be precise.

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October

2 Pts Jelle Klaasen to beat Gary Anderson 11/8 Sportingbet: Outrageous value here, in my opinion. Since he's slowed his game down ever so slowly since his return from his *ahem* little break, Klaasen has been showing the sort of form that made him a World Champion in the BDO back in 2006. Let's be honest, is there a more capricious darts player than Gary Anderson, the man is fantastic on his day, but considering this tournament is heavily based on your proficiency on the double, (as unlike your conventional darts tournament it is double in, double out) I'm afraid that Gary's Achilles' Heel on the doubles will rear its ugly head again, and relying on his scoring power to redeem it like he so often does simply won't cut it in this format. Jelle to maintain his tremendous form, and Gary's to plummet further for me. 2 Pts Jamie Caven Most 180's vs Phil Taylor 7/5 Paddy Power: I simply cannot fathom why Caven is priced up this big. He's had somewhat of a renaissance over the past year or so and Jabba is finally living up to some of the promise that eluded him for so many years. He knows he'll have to play superbly in this game, as chances are that Phil won't miss many starting doubles. The key to that will be his scoring, and against Taylor who loves a switch to the T19, I can see Caven getting the most 180's here. 1 Pt Paul Nicholson to beat Robert Thornton 6/4 BetVictor: I see value here. Thornton is favourite, and rightfully so, but he comes into this match in patchy form, against a man in Nicho who's just starting to display some semblance of his Players Championship winning form. This sort of tournament could well suit Nicho, who's comfortable on doubles all around the board, and against Thornton who's main asset is his proficiency on D20, a number which he struggled with dreadfully against Ian White at the Matchplay, I think he's in with a great chance. 2 Pts James Wade to beat Steve Beaton 2-1 9/4 various: James Wade is one of the best "grinders" in the game, often winning bad games. He comes up against Steve Beaton tonight, who recently won a tournament in Germany, and is in very decent form. I can see Beaton getting a set, but I can see James ultimately doing what he does best. Real value on the correct score market in this one.
Nicholson was absolutely superb and thoroughly deserved the win, Wade won 2-1, so another juicy priced winner, unfortunately despite hitting the T20 quite constantly, Caven only got the one 180 to Taylor's two, and as for the Klaasen bet, ironically the one I was feeling most confident about, he didn't win a single leg!. The imperious version of Gary Anderson turned up. Can't begrudge him the win there.

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Some good calls there AT :ok. Tuesday previews: 3pts W.Jones vs M.King - Over 2.5 sets 6/5 Skybet Two players in good form should make for a decent match here. It is no surprise their previous meeting in this tournament went all the way because both are similar players. Neither miss too much but neither are what you would call devastating scorers or finishers. Two solid pros go against each other and we should see a full three sets in this one given the confidence both have. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jones-vs-king-betting-opening-match-of-tuesday-night-can-go-the-distance 4pts A.Hamilton to beat K.Huybrechts 8/11 Coral Although this is short format darts Andy Hamilton should be very tough to beat in this match. He is almost monotonous on both double top and double 16 and with the power he has in his scoring even over this distance he’ll take all the beating. The only way I can see Huybrechts doing it is if he catches the Hammer cold but the Belgian isn’t the best starter himself so it is Hamilton for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-huybrechts-betting-andy-hamilton-s-consistency-can-see-him-past-huybrechts 3pts J.Part (+1.5 sets) to beat M.van Gerwen 11/8 BetVictor Michael van Gerwen is expected to come through this and he probably will but you rarely play John Part without being given a real battle and I expect this to turn into one of them here. Van Gerwen still has the odd mare on his doubles and in a race to two sets any one of those could be costly. If the Dutchman does win this match I don’t think it’ll be before Part wins a set. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-part-betting-john-part-can-push-the-defending-champion-all-the-way-in-dublin 4pts A.Lewis vs B.Dolan - Over 9.5 legs 5/6 BetVictor I think this will be a close match between two in form players. Lewis is playing very well but still has the odd abhorration on his doubles while Dolan clearly thrives both in this tournament and under these conditions. The total legs line is 9.5 and I like the look of the over. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this one goes the full three sets but two 3-2 sets sees it covered too so the overs looks good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-dolan-betting-last-of-the-first-round-matches-can-be-a-long-one

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Justin Pipe @ 1/2 - (To beat Andy Smith) - For me the bet of the night, skinny odds, but I just can't see Pipe losing this one. Pipe has now got a TV game, and has climbed high up the rankings. He keeps the game at his own pace, and doesn't miss much. On his day he can also pepper that T20. Andy Smith just isn't good enough. Justin Pipe to win 2-0 @ 6/4 - (v Andy Smith) - Same reasons as above. Over 2.5 Sets in the games between: Jones/King: 2 players who wont give much away, they are both "decent" at all aspects of the game and have been around the block and back. Wouldn't surprise me to see this go to a final leg decider. Painter/Burnett: Painter is slightly the better player, but Burnett is a fighter and when it comes together he'll give most a decent game. Painter has odd lapses for me, and sometimes drops his level. Can see this being a case of who wants it more in the end. Hamilton/Huybrechts: Huybrechts has stalled a tad in his progression, but has the game in him. We know what Hamilton will bring, and that's fight without missing much at all, but Huybrechts has enough talent to take at least one set if he brings his game to the table. Should be a good game this one, and not expecting a run-away win. @ 13/2

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Wednesday night previews: 3pts J.Wade to beat C.Finnan 3-0 13/8 Paddy Power It would be a major shock if this isn’t anything other than a James Wade victory. The question is how comfortable will the victory be and having had a tune up match I would be surprised if this isn’t a 3-0 Wade win. He is so good on doubles that Finnan is unlikely to get an advantage there and Wade scores heavily enough to do a job on the Irishman here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-finnan-betting-james-wade-can-cruise-into-the-quarter-finals-in-dublin 4pts W.Newton to beat G.Anderson 5/4 Ladbrokes I like Newton here. There isn’t too much wrong with his game right now and if you are beating Peter Wright in the comfortable style that he beat him in then you’re doing something right. Anderson was phenomenal against Klaasen in the first round but he was under no pressure at all. He will be in this match so we could see a different Anderson. At odds against in this format Newton is the call here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-anderson-betting-wes-newton-can-cause-anderson-problems-in-second-round-clash 4pts P.Taylor vs P.Nicholson - Over 3.5 sets 8/11 Bet365 It is probably a touch too soon to say Nicholson has turned the corner in his career. One win doesn’t mean that but there was plenty of encouragement in his performance against Thornton. I’ve always said that there is a decent player in Nicholson if he dropped all the silly gimmicks and antics and maybe that is the case. I don’t think he’s yet in a place where he can beat Taylor again but if he plays like he did against Thornton again here he can win a set so over 3.5 sets looks a decent price to me, especially if Nicholson can nick the throw. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-nicholson-betting-paul-nicholson-looks-to-be-playing-well-enough-to-take-a-set-off-taylor 4pts S.Whitlock vs R.Baxter - Over 6.5 180s Evs Bet365 This looks the closest match of the night and I think it is one which will have a few 180s as well. Whitlock has been ploughing in the 180s for a while now but Baxter knows his way around the 60. There’s a strong case to be made for the value on the Rocket in this one but I’ll play safe and take over 6.5 180s in what could very well be a five set contest. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-baxter-betting-closest-match-of-the-third-night-can-yield-lots-of-180s

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Round 2 - World Grand Prix Darts (9th/10th Oct) Simon Whitlock @ 1/3 (to beat Baxter) - Whitlock wasn't at his best first round, and was lucky to go through in the end against an in form Mansell. However, he'll get better as the tourney goes on, and after near misses he tends to step up his game. He'll have too much for Baxter in this slightly longer format. Dave Chisnall @ 2/7 (to beat Jones) - I really don't like Jones throw, it looks erratic and almost guesswork. He did well first round to beat King, but King missed quite a few doubles. Chisnall was ok, and should be another who improves this round. Can see him being far too heavy a scorer for Jones to pull a win off. Andy Hamilton @ 4/9 (to beat Painter) - Hamilton hit 6 out of 6 winning doubles last night, and that is tremendous. He always brings an excellent game to the stage and Painter will need to be in top form to sneak past him. The Hammer will battle his way through, probably a close game, but can see Hamilton being in the next round. TREBLE @ 5/2 James Wade to win 3-0 @ 11/8 (v Connie Finnan) - Connie Finnan is not very good at all, and beating Jenkins would have made his tournament. He'll have the crowd, but that won't be enough against Wadey. Who is the double king, and enjoys this tournament. Finnan won't get many chances here im afraid, and I can see Wade running away with it.

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Why do bookies trust so much in Chisnall's 180s against Jones? 1.30 for Chisnall to throw more 180s in the match is absolutely hilarious price which I simply can't understand! Maybe I don't know something - for example if Jones said something like "I'll throw in T19 instead of T20 now" this price maybe right. If he didn't say so I'll consider this as bookies' mistake & I'm happy to take Jones to throw more 180s and draw for 5\1 and 6\1 respectively.

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Thursday previews: 4pts A.Lewis vs J.Pipe - Over 6.5 180s 5/6 Boylesports Two heavy scorers should produce a few 180s here in a match which I think has the potential to be very tight. Justin Pipe’s quality all too often gets overlooked because of his slow and deliberate style but believe me he is a genuine top player. We all know about Lewis and the talent and quality he possesses so I think we’ll see at least seven maximums in what should be a good game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-pipe-betting-expect-to-see-the-lipstick-peppered-in-thursday-s-opener 3pts D.Chisnall to beat W.Jones 3-1 12/5 Betfred There isn’t a lot I like in this match but I do believe Dave Chisnall will progress so I’ll take him to win 3-1. Jones is no mug and he’s solid enough to win a set at the very least. If Chisnall starts messing around on his doubles then Jones could win more but I think over the course of the match Chisnall’s heavy scoring will see him catch up even if he does take a while to get away so 3-1 seems the likeliest outcome to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chisnall-vs-jones-betting-chisnall-can-progress-to-the-quarter-finals-with-a-bit-in-hand 4pts M.van Gerwen vs R.Barneveld - Over 7.5 180s 11/10 Coral This should be a cracking game of darts. It is a shame it is only over five sets really but in this five sets I would expect to see a lot of 180s hit. MVG didn’t hit them like he can against Part but that should change here as he knows he has to be at his best. Barneveld comes in here in good form and scoring well so maximums should come along regularly. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-barneveld-betting-all-dutch-battle-should-contain-plenty-of-180s 5pts A.Hamilton vs K.Painter - Over 16.5 legs 5/6 Skybet I think this will be a pretty close game. I expect Hamilton to edge it but only that. I don’t think this will be one sided like the Huybrechts game. Painter scores and hits doubles too well to be steamrollered I think. With that in mind the best bet to me in this match looks like being over 16.5 legs. I fully expect four sets in this match if not five and that should be enough to see this one land. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-painter-betting-expect-thursday-s-finale-to-be-a-tight-battle

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 11 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Pipe, J (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.58 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Whitlock, S (19:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.97 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.02 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.27 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Anderson, G (20:20 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Chisnall, D (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Yeah they've not been nice to me :sad. QF previews: 3pts J.Pipe to beat A.Hamilton 7/4 Skybet This quarter final looks very close on paper but I think Justin Pipe can win this at a decent price. He is throwing some good darts and with his finishing the way it is he can make game changing plays. I think he’s improving as he goes along and there’s probably more to come from him. Hamilton is always a tough nut to crack but in a match which could easily go all the way I’ll go with Pipe here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-hamilton-betting-justin-pipe-can-upset-hamilton-in-dublin 4pts J.Wade to beat S.Whitlock 10/11 Coral Both men will know they have to improve going into this quarter final and both have the potential to do that. These two have met many times in their career. They met at this stage of the World Matchplay just three months ago and played out a classic and this could be similar. Generally when matches go into the trenches and need someone clutch to win them Wade is the one who prevails and I think he’ll edge through here too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-whitlock-betting-james-wade-can-edge-out-whitlock-for-the-second-straight-tv-event 2pts G.Anderson to beat P.Taylor 7/2 Bet365 On what we’ve seen in this tournament so far you would have to say that Gary Anderson has every chance in this match. The good thing too is he knows he can beat Taylor because he’s won their last two meetings so there is no reason why he should feel added pressure and go AWOL on the doubles. Taylor should improve but he’ll need to and at the prices a dabble on the Scot looks the way to go. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-anderson-betting-gary-anderson-could-cause-a-power-cut-in-dublin 3pts M.van Gerwen to beat D.Chisnall 3-0 9/5 Boylesports With the form Michael van Gerwen is in this week it is hard to see how Chisnall will be able to get into this match. Not only is van Gerwen hitting his doubles he is scoring strongly and killing big finishes. Usually you would say Chisnall has the edge on an opponent in the scoring stakes but I don’t think that applies here so I fear he could exit this tournament without landing a set in this quarter final. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-chisnall-betting-dutch-superstar-can-win-another-match-without-losing-a-set

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October Recently Chisnall beat MVG with 6-1. If he gets his 180s promptly then it would be no surprise to get a set at least. I don't believe that MVG was that impressive yesterday. it's RVB's performance that is dropping since last year. He seems to be unable to regain his form. But once again, things have become quite borring... OK this time Lewis won't be in the semis, but the other 3 will be and it has come down to all the tournaments having in the semis the same players... They have to change this thing somehow. MVG, Power, Lewis, Wizard, Wade and then nobody.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 12 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Wade, J (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chisnall, D v Pipe, J (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October The semi finals are the other way around to the list above. SF previews: 4pts D.Chisnall (-2.5 sets) to beat J.Pipe Evs Stan James Head to head records don’t make good reading for Pipe in this semi final. One thing we know about him is he will fight and scrap throughout but having lost 9 of the 10 meetings between the two even Pipe could be carrying some mental baggage here. Dave Chisnall is flying at the minute and as long as the conedown from such a big win in the quarter final doesn’t leave a hangover effect then I would expect Chizzy to make his first PDC major final here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chisnall-vs-pipe-betting-dave-chisnall-can-land-a-place-in-his-first-pdc-major-final-in-dublin 4pts P.Taylor vs J.Wade - Under 30.5 legs 5/6 Stan James Barring James Wade producing darts that we’ve not seen from him this week I would expect a comfortable Taylor win in this match. The pick of the bets to me looks to be under 30.5 legs. In reality it will probably need eight sets for this line to be covered and even then it isn’t a certainty. I don’t see us having eight sets so I like the unders here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-wade-betting-pick-of-the-semi-finals-may-not-be-as-close-as-expected

Re: World Grand Prix 7th-13th October An absolute nonsense of a performance from Justin Pipe. Miscounts, going for ridiculous bull finishes, generally being miles below the treble 20. For someone in a semi final that was very poor indeed. You can't ask them to throw each dart correctly but you can ask them to count correctly and play the correct percentage shots.