** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

October 7 - October 13

Re: October 7 - October 13 Hanescu to beat Anderson @ 4.30 with local bookie So, first round in Shanghai, at first this bet looks a little bit stupid, but when you look at the history then you can see some value here. First of all Hanescu right now is loosing everything, hasnt won in last 6 or 7 games, last tournament when he got to 2nd round was in kitzbuhel (clay). On hard playing terrible, so looking from that point of view, somewhere, some kind of way this streak should end, players from top100 just cant loose 10 or whatever straight matches. So i also prefer to bet on Hanescu in some closest tournaments if he loses this match. From the other point, Anderson cant argue about his form either. Played bad since the final at Winston Salem. Also lost to Lukas Lacko last time out in Tokyo. Good luck.

Re: October 7 - October 13 Zhang Ze to beat Fernando Verdasco @ 5.50 Betfair Zhang Ze comes into this match having won in the doubles with Roger Federer, and so he should be feeling good right now as well as being up to speed with conditions. His form hasn't been too bad recently, and he gave Tomic a good match last week in Beijing. Against Verdasco he will once again have the crowd on his side as the home player, and although Verdasco managed to take a set against Djokovic in his last match, he hasn't had many matches on hard courts since the US Open and so hasn't had the chance to build up any momentum on the surface. Zhang Ze is capable of stepping up against the better players, as he showed when he beat Gasquet around this time last year, and if he can raise his level again and if Verdasco's level drops then there could be a surprise win for the Chinese.

Re: October 7 - October 13 Back Novak Djokovic to win ATP Shanghai for a 2/10 stake at 2.10 with Bwin I have to say that I am struggling to see past Djokovic this week. He knows how to win back-to-back tournaments, he crushed Nadal on Sunday, he should be too strong for Federer as well - so who is going to stop him? Somebody might, but he will win this more often than not and that is why I am more than happy to back him at odds that are slightly above evens. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-shanghai-betting-novak-djokovic-looks-set-to-win-yet-another-title-in-asia-this-week Back Vasek Pospisil to beat Gael Monfils for a 2/10 stake at 2.66 with Pinnacle Pospisil looked stunning against Gasquet, he really did, and I can see Monfils being in for a very tough ride against him as well, as he is not going to enjoy Pospisil's big hitting at all. The Frenchman hasn't had a great result for quite some time now really, so I simply have to side with the talented Canadian on Wednesday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pospisil-vs-monfils-betting-vasek-pospisil-looks-value-to-beat-the-charismatic-frenchman-on-wednesday Back Benoit Paire to beat Florian Mayer for a 2/10 stake at 1.78 with Pinnacle I haven't seen Mayer in action, but I have seen Paire and I have been more than impressed. He has enough power to shoot through Mayer and he has enough variety to deal with all the tricks that Mayer will throw at him, so this price looks worth taking to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/paire-vs-mayer-betting-benoit-paire-has-what-it-takes-to-defeat-florian-mayer-in-shanghai

Re: October 7 - October 13 Vasek Pospisil to beat Gael Monfils @ 2.84 Betfair Pospisil has been showing signs that he might be over the slump that he experienced after his run to the last four in Montreal a couple of months ago, and his win over Gasquet in the first round here was certainly impressive. Before that, in Beijing, he also very nearly beat Ferrer and so he looks set for another good performance against Monfils. I've never considered the Frenchman to be particularly adept when facing the bigger servers, and so I can see him having a real fight on his hands to win this match. Feliciano Lopez to beat Tomas Berdych @ 2.88 Betfair A few things make me think that Lopez is worth backing in this match. Firstly, Berdych retired a few games into his last match against Nadal in Beijing, and even if he is over whatever the problem was, there has to be a question mark over his fitness. Secondly, Lopez has a good record against Berdych, particularly on hard courts where he has won both previous meetings. One of those matches was in this tournament a couple of years ago, and when you also consider that Lopez has been in reasonable form during this part of the season and has already had a match here to get used to conditions, a win for the Spaniard looks a real possibility. Jurgen Melzer to beat Kei Nishikori @ 3.10 Betfair I backed Melzer last week against Nishikori in Tokyo, and even though he came up short in that match, I think he has a good chance to turn the tables on the Japanese. Melzer did well to come back from a set down to beat Dodig in his first match here, and in my opinion that shows that he is feeling motivated. Nishikori doesn't look in the best of form to me, and he seemed to surrender his title last week pretty tamely in the end. I don't attach too much importance to his win against Dimitrov in his first match of this tournament, as I think the Bulgarian has mentally checked out for this season. This should be a close match, and I'll take Melzer to edge it.

Re: October 7 - October 13 A short moment ago got back from hometown betting point. There was standing a man that I have seen also in past putting big money numbers on the table. So, I came up to the small screen and couldnt believe my eyes. He placed a bet about 200$ to Dolgopolov 2:0 win against Nadal, odds are about 20.00. Didnt talk to him or anything, just felt a little bit strange. If this bet goes thru i think i might have to look up for this guy. :D :D

Re: October 7 - October 13 Back Patricia Mayr to beat Marina Zanevska for a 4/10 stake at 1.61 with William Hill Zanevska shouldn't even be in Linz anymore - and I simply cannot see her making it past Patricia Mayr, who played really well against Sorana Cirstea. Meanwhile, Zanevska lost in the qualifying against Pliskova (winning just one game) and struggled heavily against Krunic after receiving the lucky loser card and getting through to the main draw. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mayr-vs-zanevska-betting-patricia-mayr-can-continue-her-good-run-in-home-tournaments Back Karin Knapp to beat Stefanie Vogele for a 2/10 stake at 2.10 with Bet365 Both Knapp and Vogele were impressive in the first matches, but Knapp more so and that is why I am going to side with her here. Her game really seemed to click together against Hantuchova and she managed to hold herself in the most crucial moments of the game, so she looks set to record yet another good win in Linz on Thursday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/knapp-vs-vogele-betting-karin-knapp-looks-value-against-stefanie-vogele-in-linz

Re: October 7 - October 13 Nicolas Almagro to beat Tomas Berdych @ 3.50 >Betfair I think the price on Almagro is a little high here, as he seems to be playing well at the moment. He won his first two matches of this tournament in relatively straightforward fashion, and his serve is looking good. Berdych got past Lopez in straight sets in his first match here, and although he appeared fully fit, if his back injury flares up again then he could have problems in this match. Almagro has beaten Berdych on hard before, and they have also been involved in some close matches in the past on the surface. In a match that could be dominated by serve, and with a good chance of tie breaks, I see Almagro as the value play.

Re: October 7 - October 13

Nicolas Almagro to beat Tomas Berdych @ 3.50 >Betfair I think the price on Almagro is a little high here, as he seems to be playing well at the moment. He won his first two matches of this tournament in relatively straightforward fashion, and his serve is looking good. Berdych got past Lopez in straight sets in his first match here, and although he appeared fully fit, if his back injury flares up again then he could have problems in this match. Almagro has beaten Berdych on hard before, and they have also been involved in some close matches in the past on the surface. In a match that could be dominated by serve, and with a good chance of tie breaks, I see Almagro as the value play.
Big thanks on this one.

Back Patricia Mayr to beat Marina Zanevska for a 4/10 stake at 1.61 with William Hill Zanevska shouldn't even be in Linz anymore - and I simply cannot see her making it past Patricia Mayr, who played really well against Sorana Cirstea. Meanwhile, Zanevska lost in the qualifying against Pliskova (winning just one game) and struggled heavily against Krunic after receiving the lucky loser card and getting through to the main draw. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mayr-vs-zanevska-betting-patricia-mayr-can-continue-her-good-run-in-home-tournaments
Great tip CzechPunter! Keep'em coming.

Re: October 7 - October 13 Back A.Cadantu/A.Kerber - Under 16.5 games for a 3/10 stake at 2.54 with PinnacleIf this aint value I don't know what it is. If I compare odds at bet365 with Pinnacle on this particular bet I see tremendous value here. Bet365 have 2.25 on the same bet three-ways under 17 which equals under 16.5 because three-ways includes a draw option but it's the same bet as under 16.5. Last time Cadantu faced an opponent of Kerbers calibre on hard-court was one of her lastest matches in asia when she lost brutally 6-4 6-0 against Radwanska. She is a player more used to clay conditions. This bet may well go wrong to but taken the price it's worth. Kerber had a wild-card to this tournament and often when a player as high ranked as Kerber wants a wild-card to a small tournament like this that means she means business in Linz. As she is a german player it's not so hard to understand that she is eager to play in austria where she probably will have crowd support and motivation to go far. Taken everything into the equation is would say the bet has a good chance of being correct. Late post I know and this is my second bet I post here.

Re: October 7 - October 13 Four-leaf, your post was automatically added to the moderation queue for some reason, so I had to approve it manually, which was the cause of the delay. It seems to me that you have added the Pinnacle link manually, right? There is no need to do so - they are done automatically - and it can actually mean that the post gets a bit suspect and therefore placed for approval.

Re: October 7 - October 13 Back Kurumi Nara to beat Polona Hercog for a 2/10 stake at 2.62 with Bet365 Hercog might be on a good run right now, but Nara has what it takes to upset her in home conditions. After all, she has been playing really well so far in this event, while Hercog struggled to get past Cetkovska and then got lucky after Sabine Lisicki withdrew from the event due to injury problems. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nara-vs-hercog-betting-a-small-upset-might-be-on-the-cards-in-osaka-on-friday Back Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova to beat Eugenie Bouchard for a 2/10 stake at 4.50 with Bet365 Eugenie Bouchard is a very talented player, but she has been struggling to convert good runs into tangible results and I think that she could find herself in a spot of bother against Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova. The Czech does have a point to prove here after an unfortunate doping incident and is a very competent player from all points of view, so I cannot see any real reasons for her being such a massive underdog against Bouchard on Friday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zahlavova-strycova-vs-bouchard-betting-eugenie-bouchard-could-find-herself-in-a-spot-of-bother-against-the-czech Back G.Monfils/N.Djokovic - Over 19.5 games for a 2/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle I still have Djokovic as the favourite to win the entire thing, but he looked quite jaded against Fabio Fognini and that could be costly against Gael Monfils, who has plenty of big weapons in his locker and who should feel on a high after beating Roger Federer. I can't really see him beating the world's number two, but I can definitely see him forcing Djokovic to stay on the courts for a bit longer this time around. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monfils-vs-djokovic-betting-gael-monfils-could-trouble-the-world-s-number-two-this-time-around

Re: October 7 - October 13 Back P.Mayr-Achleitner/A.Kerber - Under 17.0 games for a 4/10 stake at 2.12 with Pinnacle Jumping on the Kerber wagon again as she just keeps rolling. I have no doubt she will steamroll an awful playing Mayr-Achleitner. I followed the livestream yesterday in both matches where Kerber and Mayr-Achleitner where involved and I was shocked to see how awful Mayr-Achleitner was playing infront of her home crowd. Honestly! At the same time later on Kerber was just simply amazing fending of every attack from her too aggressive opponent. Mayr-Achleitner had such an awful defense yesterday and won't be able to improve this for today when the highly motivated Kerber is on the other side of the court. It seems this can only go one way and it's under 17.

Re: October 7 - October 13 Back A.Ivanovic (correct score 2-1) to beat D.Cibulkova - for a 1/10 stake at 4.27 with Pinnacle One last from me today. And a little bit more risky proposition this time. Pinnacle stands out with this price against most other bookies. Taking this risk only because I've had two very good days of betting on tennis now. I rate Ana and Dominika as pretty evenly matched on this surface. Ivanovic has an upper hand in her slightly better game especially from her backhand side. This should be a battle till the last point. In matches like this Ana delivers till the last point while Cibulkova can drop her level and lose it mentally at crucial points.

Back G.Monfils/N.Djokovic - Over 19.5 games for a 2/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle I still have Djokovic as the favourite to win the entire thing, but he looked quite jaded against Fabio Fognini and that could be costly against Gael Monfils, who has plenty of big weapons in his locker and who should feel on a high after beating Roger Federer. I can't really see him beating the world's number two, but I can definitely see him forcing Djokovic to stay on the courts for a bit longer this time around. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monfils-vs-djokovic-betting-gael-monfils-could-trouble-the-world-s-number-two-this-time-around
CzechPunter once again in da house! Kudos 2 you mate

Re: October 7 - October 13 Back Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (+4.5) to beat Novak Djokovic for a 3/10 stake at 2.07 with Pinnacle I don't belive Tsonga will go down any easier then his countryman Monfils. Simply put: I'm all over this bet! For Tsonga has been quite superb since he got back even though he lost the final in Metz and an unexpected loss in Tokyo. He is reliable on serve and won't make it easy for Nole.

Re: October 7 - October 13 Del Potro to beat Djokovic @ 3.15 Betfair If this isn't value i dont know what is... Delpo was incredible today vs Nadal although it was obvious that Nadal is in downtrend on this tournament. Everything in his game worked well and he is definetly close to his best right now. On the other hand Djokovic played and won Tsonga who annoyed me today with his serve and volley game. He knew he's inferior to Djokovic from the baseline but that was too much really. Odds are not right here, i'd say 2.5 on the argentinian would be a lot more fair, 3.15 is definetly a good bargain.