** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Boxing - Oct 5-6

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 5 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Campbell, L v Hepper, N (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.02 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Selby, L v Walsh, R (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Klitschko, W v Povetkin, A (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]93.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mitchell, K v Lopez, Marco (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Joshua, A v Leo, E (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.04 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 42 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 22 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Quigg, S v Salinas, Y (23:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.31 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 29 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 6 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Velez, J v Nguyen, D (00:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.04 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Crawford, T v Klimov, A (03:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cotto, MA v Rodriguez, D (04:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 30 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Boxing - Oct 5-6 Some value punts for me. 3pts W.Klitchsko to win on points 11/4 Paddy Power Povetkin could give Wlad one of his toughest fights in recent times. Do I think he will win? No, but I do think he can go the distance with Wladimir but when all is said and done I don’t think Povetkin is big enough to win this fight. I’m not convinced Wlad will stop him though. This isn’t a Mormeck type opponent. He’s a genuine heavyweight but one who I expect to be outboxed for 12 rounds. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/klitschko-vs-povetkin-betting-wlad-may-well-be-taken-the-distance-in-moscow 4pts S.Quigg to win by stoppage 11/10 Bet365 Salinas takes a huge step up in class in this fight and I think it will be too much for him. Scott Quigg looks the real deal to me and Joe Gallacher isn’t one for giving it large about his fighter in the run up to a fight in the way he has about Quigg for this one. He says Quigg will stop Salinas and the way Quigg keeps improving I think that too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/quigg-vs-salinas-betting-scott-quigg-can-officially-become-world-champion-with-a-stoppage-win 4pts M.Cotto to win by stoppage 11/10 Betfred I expect us to see the best of Cotto in this fight. We know Freddie Roach fighters are aggressive in nature and attack in powerful combinations and that is almost a dream ticket for the Puerto Rican. He’s been outclassed in his last two fights but he isn’t fighting someone of Mayweather’s class here so I not only expect Cotto to win but I think he’ll win it comfortably inside the distance. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cotto-vs-rodriguez-betting-miguel-cotto-can-return-to-the-ring-with-a-bang

Re: Boxing - Oct 5-6 Wladimir Klitschko v Alexander Povetkin Wlad Klitschko to win by decision or technical decision @ 4.00 Betfred There haven't been many that have really challenged Wlad in his reign as champion but tonight could be a real test for him. Povetkin is a smart fighter who will try and get in to Wlads head but as we all know, not many come out on top against the ukraininian. As Wlad gets older these fights will get tougher and I expect him to hold back a bit on the KO and try harder to keep his opponent at arms length, especially if they are as talented as Povetkin. The most likely outcome for me tonight looks like a Klitschko Decision and at odds of 4.00 I'm happy to go with the champion. Kevin Mitchell v Marco Lopez Marco Lopez rounds 1-3 @ 41.00 Bet365 I've always been a fan of Kev Mitchell but he just doesn't look the fighter he was before his 2 losses to Ricky Burns and Michael Katsidis. This fight tonight is one he should be winning really comfortably but I can't help but think he has his mind on future fights and is looking at this as a foregone conclusion. This is easily the Mexican Lopez' hardest and biggest fight to date and he'll be keen to impress on the big stage. If Lopez can get a good start and rattle Mitchell there could be an upset here. Anthony Joshua v Emanuele Leo Anthony Joshua by decision or techinal decision @ 7.00 Bet365 There's been a lot of hype regarding Olympic Gold medallist Anthony Joshua, a lot of it overhyped in my opinion. It takes a big step up to move from the amateur ranks to the pro and it should be a good move for Joshua as his style may adapt to the pro ranks better. Whilst I don't think Joshua will ever fight for a World title, I think he'll be a good domestic and possibly European fighter. From what I saw at the Olympics he was very lucky that he was in London otherwise he never would have got that Gold. Emanuele Leo to me looks like a nobody who's come in to give Joshua an easy win, He's only had 8 pro fights at the age of 32 and whilst he has won all 8 of them, they have been against other unknowns (the last fight ha had was against Balogh, 3 wins-32 losses-4 draws, speaks for itself!). I'm going for the decision here though, Joshua will want to put on a show, but a careful show at that, he isn't a big puncher but he should dominate the points.

Re: Boxing - Oct 5-6

Some value punts for me. 3pts W.Klitchsko to win on points 11/4 Paddy Power Povetkin could give Wlad one of his toughest fights in recent times. Do I think he will win? No, but I do think he can go the distance with Wladimir but when all is said and done I don’t think Povetkin is big enough to win this fight. I’m not convinced Wlad will stop him though. This isn’t a Mormeck type opponent. He’s a genuine heavyweight but one who I expect to be outboxed for 12 rounds. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/klitschko-vs-povetkin-betting-wlad-may-well-be-taken-the-distance-in-moscow 4pts S.Quigg to win by stoppage 11/10 Bet365 Salinas takes a huge step up in class in this fight and I think it will be too much for him. Scott Quigg looks the real deal to me and Joe Gallacher isn’t one for giving it large about his fighter in the run up to a fight in the way he has about Quigg for this one. He says Quigg will stop Salinas and the way Quigg keeps improving I think that too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/quigg-vs-salinas-betting-scott-quigg-can-officially-become-world-champion-with-a-stoppage-win 4pts M.Cotto to win by stoppage 11/10 Betfred I expect us to see the best of Cotto in this fight. We know Freddie Roach fighters are aggressive in nature and attack in powerful combinations and that is almost a dream ticket for the Puerto Rican. He’s been outclassed in his last two fights but he isn’t fighting someone of Mayweather’s class here so I not only expect Cotto to win but I think he’ll win it comfortably inside the distance. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cotto-vs-rodriguez-betting-miguel-cotto-can-return-to-the-ring-with-a-bang
Good start, Kev. Had Klitchsko to win rounds 7-12 myself, so a bit irritated, especially as he was 1/16 in-play to win on the KO market!.