** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Real Madrid v Juventus > Wednesday October 23rd

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Real Madrid v Juventus > Wednesday October 23rd Free money on Real Madrid here. Where do I start. Juve have just gone down 4-2 away at Fiorentina after leading 2-0. Juve went in front from a Tevez dive in the box and a shot from Pogba which fell to him fortuitously to him infront of goal. They led up until after the hour mark as it looked like Fiorentina really believed the game was beyond them and they weren't going down with much of a fight. Then in 66' Rossi gets a penalty and the game comes to life. Up until that moment Juve had all the running and some good chances where they could have even been 5-0 up. However once the Viola sniffed that they had a real chance, well, they absolutely carved Juve up making the defence look clueless. Picking each other out in the final third and Juve had no answers. All the frailties of the Old Lady were exposed by some good perfomances from Joaquin, Cuadrado, Rossi, Borja Valero etc. It was quite a surreal match. Now Real certaintly don't have that inferiority complex that Fiorentina showed in the first half showing too much respect to Juve. Bonnuci, Chiellini and Barzagli were pulled out of position too many times by a Fiorentina side known for it's attractive passing style. So what will the passing and movement of REAL MADRID! do to this Juve defence....plus Fiorentina (as good as they are and full credit to them) don't have Ronaldo, Isco and top top players like that. Ancelloti is the perfect guy to engineer a win against a team he is very familiar with. Real just have too much pace, movement, enthusiasm, class for this Juve who have shown last night and also against the Turks that they are just too slow and predictable and against top level opposition they will get exposed. Can only see a Real win. Maybe -1 AH but not sure yet, will have to look into the Madrid side of the equation first.

Re: Real Madrid v Juventus > Wednesday October 23rd Great write up Toto, i completly agree. I can't really add much apart from the value on the Real full backs, expected to be Marcelo and Carvajal, to score could prove to be good ones. Although neither are anywhere near prolific the formation Juve play encourages the right and left backs to get forward supporting, and perhaps getting beyond, Reals wingers. Also really fancy the straight -1 and -2 handicaps as Juve probably play the exact sort of game and formation Real would choose to play against, an ageing central 3 defenders complemented ( from Madrids view) of a quality, yet slow, central midfield. To add to this the legs of the team Pogba and Asamoah tend to get forward happier than defending so could leave space for Madrid to take advantage. If Juve go for a front 2 of Tevez and Lorente then they will create a few chances but will really need to take them to have any real opportunity of getting a point. I expect at least 3 if not 4+ for this Madrid line-up that should have too much movement and skill for a side which comes from the, now, 4th biggest league in europe.

Re: Real Madrid v Juventus > Wednesday October 23rd 4pts Under 2.5 goals 6/4 Coral Losing this match could make life a bit difficult for Juventus as far as qualification goes but I think if you offered them it they would take a draw. Real Madrid are unlikely to break this Juve side down with the ease they’ve done so to Galatarasay and Copenhagen earlier in the competition so I like the value in the under 2.5 goals. Juve will look to score on the break while Real aren’t likely to run riot so I’ll go with the value here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/real-madrid-vs-juventus-betting-goals-may-be-hard-to-come-by-in-eye-catching-clash

Re: Real Madrid v Juventus > Wednesday October 23rd Just like to add that we saw this morning a Barca side conserving energy for the Classico and I genuinely believe if that game wasn't this week then Barca would have won. But the game was slow and lethargic and both were happy with the point and it showed. So beware of that here. What is against us is that Real are probably prioritising the Barca game knowing they will have 24 hours less rest and will play away at Nou Camp. What is working for us is, that Juve after the 2 draws need points desperately. So they know 0-0 is very unlikely seeing Real always score at home. So at some point they must come out of their shell (a good robust defensive shell none the less) and chance their arm. They will be doing this against what is widely regarded the most dangerous counter-attacking side in the world. So in theory Madrid on 6 points can effectively cruise through this match without too much exertion and wait for those good counter attacking opportunities which will inevitably present themselves sooner or later. So just be careful that Ancelotti doesn't write this one off and put all the eggs in the Classico basket. Do this by waiting for line-ups and team news. :hope

Re: Real Madrid v Juventus > Wednesday October 23rd

Just like to add that we saw this morning a Barca side conserving energy for the Classico and I genuinely believe if that game wasn't this week then Barca would have won. But the game was slow and lethargic and both were happy with the point and it showed. So beware of that here. What is against us is that Real are probably prioritising the Barca game knowing they will have 24 hours less rest and will play away at Nou Camp. What is working for us is, that Juve after the 2 draws need points desperately. So they know 0-0 is very unlikely seeing Real always score at home. So at some point they must come out of their shell (a good robust defensive shell none the less) and chance their arm. They will be doing this against what is widely regarded the most dangerous counter-attacking side in the world. So in theory Madrid on 6 points can effectively cruise through this match without too much exertion and wait for those good counter attacking opportunities which will inevitably present themselves sooner or later. So just be careful that Ancelotti doesn't write this one off and put all the eggs in the Classico basket. Do this by waiting for line-ups and team news. :hope
Good one! I´ll stick to Real Madrid to win, only.

Re: Real Madrid v Juventus > Wednesday October 23rd Wow unbelievable low odds for home win. If we talked about last year Real I might say this should be home win but Real is nothing special this year. I watched Real couple of times this year and they didn't convince me at all. They don't play good, I don't know what is problem with them but they don't look dangerous, against Villareal they looked awful. Nothing better against Elche and Levante. They didn't pass any better against Atl.Madrid. Juventus also have many problems this year. Their results are not so impressive like previous years. They lost from Fiorentina this weekend and they collect only 2 points after first 2 "easy" round for them in CL. I think they desperately need a point here. Two teams who are not playing great lately, Real should be favorite but their is no value in these odds.