** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester United v Real Sociedad > Wednesday October 23rd

Re: Manchester United v Real Sociedad > Wednesday October 23rd

A lot of people on here have been suggesting that Real Sociedad will come in to this game with a defensive attitude. I can understand a bit of a conservative approach from Real Sociedad' date=' but, I can't expect that they will be backs against the wall all game. Real Sociedad know that they have to start getting results otherwise they can wave goodbye to the Champions League this season with a possibility of only having 1 point, or 0 points out of 9 which clearly leaves them fighting up a hill trying to even stay in Europe for this season. I think the club will see Manchester United as being vulnerable and will look to try to attack early on to get a goal which could help them out. With my expectations that Real Sociedad will start with an open game, even if they then get closed down for the rest of the game, I will back on more goals in the first half than in the second half. I believe that if Real Sociedad can score, they will then try to play out for a 1-0, keeping an eye open to a goal on the break. More goals in the first half is 2/1 at Betfred.[/quote']Could have panned out differently but in the end, my first post back after a long time away comes in as a winner.

Re: Manchester United v Real Sociedad > Wednesday October 23rd I was saying to my mate that it could have been 4-0 or 4-4 or even 7-4 youjust never know at the moment Defence did well in restricting them to long shots (like we did against Southampton until the last minute) but you always had the feeling that Sociedad could have scored at least one Up front we created a few good chances and just seemed to be making the wrong decision or snatching at shots Someone will get spanked by this team if everything starts clicking and we show a bit of composure in the final third - it all looks a bit rushed at the moment - also I don't think the midfield are protecting the back four as well as they have in the past Felt sorry for Chico - looked totally dejected as he left the field - we are just not providing anything to the main striker at all this season :( Stoke next - maybe they are ripe for spanking? :spank

Re: Manchester United v Real Sociedad > Wednesday October 23rd Ok I lost a unit here, but United are still misfiring. Limp over the line 1-0 in a game with a second minute goal. Unconvincing, and with a stroke of bad luck could easily have finished like the Saints game. Putting money on a United performance this season is a tricky business. As a side note: Has anyone noticed how much the ball is moving in the air ? Newcastle v Liverpool the ball went three different directions on ethe 1st goal. Grizman free kick moved at least 2 meter's back in the air and hit the post.

Newcastle v Liverpool the ball went three different directions on ethe 1st goal. Grizman free kick moved at least 2 meter's back in the air and hit the post.
agree - good keepers are looking like mugs at times IMO it's all down to sponsorship rather than what is the best ball :@ Forgot to mention that if Rooney's shot had gone in instead of hitting the post then we'd all be raving at how great he is :D Would have been worthy of King Eric

Ok I lost a unit here, but United are still misfiring. Limp over the line 1-0 in a game with a second minute goal. Unconvincing, and with a stroke of bad luck could easily have finished like the Saints game. Putting money on a United performance this season is a tricky business. As a side note: Has anyone noticed how much the ball is moving in the air ? Newcastle v Liverpool the ball went three different directions on ethe 1st goal. Grizman free kick moved at least 2 meter's back in the air and hit the post.
I certainly wouldn't slate last nights performance from United. It was champions league, you are always going to have it tough against a Spanish side. Thought Jones/Evans were extremely solid, Kagawa was very lively, Rooney was outstanding. Yes, wasted a few good chances, but I thought it was a very positive performance.

Has anyone noticed how much the ball is moving in the air ?
They've probably made the balls they use rounder, as they've been doing for over ten years :lol I remember when David Seaman was still playing in goal and all the talk was of how round the ball was.