** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Milan v FC Barcelona (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.50 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd I have said it many times and will say it again. A team like Milan at home should not be priced @ 5.50-6.00 against anyone, even against Barcelona, who by that way drew 0-0 against Osasuna yesterday. Milan play quite good in the Champions League and I would say that straight Milan win or Milan Double chance are the bets that should be considered here.

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd

I have said it many times and will say it again. A team like Milan at home should not be priced @ 5.50-6.00 against anyone, even against Barcelona, who by that way drew 0-0 against Osasuna yesterday. Milan play quite good in the Champions League and I would say that straight Milan win or Milan Double chance are the bets that should be considered here.
As a life-time AC Milan fan I have to disagree here. First of all we are an ordinary team now after having financial troubles. Also coach Allegri is the worst thing that happened to Milan in their history as he doesn't even deserve to be a tecnician in this team. He never rotates the squad, uses heavy training methods and because of these mentioned reasons we have a lot of injured players. and fitness problems every season. We were lucky to grab a point against the weakened and young Ajax side, where Balotelli saved us at the last second of the match, earning a cheap penalty. I think we have no chance against Barcelona while we are without Abbiati,El Shaarawy, Balotelli and perhaps Pazzini - who has been useful up-front.( even if we had them healthy perhaps we wouldn't have a chance with this clown coach who can't read the games and fields always wrong 11s). How we will be able to win against Barcelona? with who? Birsa? Matri? or with our joke defense?, that includes Constant as a left-back!?!. No way, sadly we are going to lose this.

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd I also think that milan will have a hard time this week against barcelona. Due many injuries they are really weakened and if both ballotelli and shaarawy are out then no way they are able to score more than once. Barcelona often concedes stupidly so I wont go for a cleansheet. I hope that mexes and de jong are back that should help a bit but they also lost their ace Boateng and he was one of few with a great technical abilities and power moving upfront. I just cant see them getting anything here. Only if barca plays really bad and messi is still injured but he was rested only played 25 minutes. He will not be at his max level but good enough to snatch a goal or 2. Milan will try to keep it tight it all depends on how fast barcelona will score so that the home team will hve to open up if they wanna go through to the next round. Barca away is not that great but they often do raise their game and a CL game against milan will surely motivate. I think they will win here and a score like 1-2 1-3 is likely for me. Maybe even a 0-1 if milan is really useless upfront but a setpiece is dangerous against barca. 1.80 for an away win is just fine for some value and a combo. Pretty fit squad for the away team and its time for neymar to show that he is worldclass in europe. Goodluck

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd In addition to my earlier post I want to add that Barcelona are top of the group and don't need a win, so they won't be fighting as if it's all or nothing and I won't be surprised if Milan will get something from this game. Milan or Draw @ 2.40 Bet365

In addition to my earlier post I want to add that Barcelona are top of the group and don't need a win, so they won't be fighting as if it's all or nothing and I won't be surprised if Milan will get something from this game. Milan or Draw @ 2.40 Bet365
They played only 2 games out of 6 so how you can say "they dont need a win" ??? Barca is much better team then Milan in full squad, and especially now with all this injuries of Milan. If Barca want to play and go out with strongest team this should be easy win. Only thing I am concider is that they play vs Real for the weekend so they might mix squad.

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd I agree with you Mustafa. Barca should be statesfied with a draw because they know this is the hardest away match of this group stage, so why give everything wat they can for a win? This is still Milan we are talking about, at San Siro I dont see them losing. Pure Value on Milan in my eyes. The only team that I will bet to win away against Milan is Bayern Munchen at this moment, no other team.

They played only 2 games out of 6 so how you can say "they dont need a win" ??? Barca is much better team then Milan in full squad' date=' and especially now with all this injuries of Milan. If Barca want to play and go out with strongest team this should be easy win. Only thing I am concider is that they play vs Real for the weekend so they might mix squad.[/quote'] Even with a draw Barca will remain first

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd I am a big fan of AC Milan and I can't really see how we can stop Barca tomorrow. We have two injured players who are crucial - De Sciglio and El Sharaawy. We also have the worst striker ever - Matri. Our coach is shit and will play Muntari again instead of Poli who makes great performance so far... The goalkeeper Amelia is very insecure and the defence is disaster. I think there will be cards as well. I am sure that Alegri won't be able to find a way to stop Messi and Neymar. I dont know whether we could score in this game, but we won't get away with just one goal. My prediction is Barcelona @1.57 over 4.5 cards @1.83 Barcelona (-1)@2.37

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd I like cards here as well. The ref is German Felix Brych. In 13 games this season, he has shown a whopping 8 red cards. On top of Petar Gal's point about Milan trying to stop Messi and Neymar, I believe there is also a level of ego for players for teams like Milan, who don't like being given the run-around. This often leads to cynical fouls, even if the game is decided. In what is a hostile atmosphere, Barca would not be adverse to fouling as well, quite possibly tactical fouling if they are exposed on the break. These teams have played each other twice in each of the last 3 seasons, and the booking points make up has been 40, 40, 90, 40, 95 and 50. So the overs is hardly an obvious call on these stats, however given the ref's fondness for a red, the way to go on this may be a buy of booking points @47 with Sporting Index. Will wait to see what the other bookies price up in the morning.

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd I think the motivation for Barca here is not that they need or don't need a win but that they are playing Milan. Games against genuine big clubs are far between for the likes of Real and Barca who every weekend routinely sweep aside minnows. They look forward to the CL games because when they do the same to a European giant then there's a lot more weight to it than when they do it to Levante etc. And Celtic and Ajax don't fulfill this need for Barca. When Barca crushed the dutch 4-0 nobody raised an eyebrow because it was just expected really. I think Barca would love it if Balo played and Milan were full strength because then a thumping victory would make headlines for them.

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd Not sure how different Milan are from last season but they deservedly beat Barca in the home leg in the knockout stages in March. Together with Barca being far from impressive on the road and with Messi probably rested for El Clasico on Saturday. At the price, I wouldn't be steaming into Barcelona here.

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd 4pts Under 2.5 goals 5/4 Coral I think this might be a bit closer than many people think. Barcelona will probably take a point in this match, Milan certainly would. Although there was no Lionel Messi in Scotland, we saw that Barcelona can struggle a bit in front of goal and this Milan defence is a lot better than the Celtic one. Milan might not see much of the ball to get forward too often themselves so under 2.5 goals could just be a value play here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ac-milan-vs-barcelona-betting-under-2-5-goals-could-be-good-value-in-the-san-siro

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd Backing Milan without Balo, Sharaawy, Abbiati, Pazzini, and in poor form, against Barca, is simply not sensible. At the moment they are at the level of Udinese at best. The question is whether it is worth it (it has value) to back Barca at current prices (1.60 at best). Hard to say, if it wasn't for El Classico, I would have no doubts to back visitors, but now probably the price is close to its real value. But I strongly disagree with saying that Barca will be happy with a draw because it would keep them at first place. The only reason Barca might potentially be happy with a draw tonight is the upcoming El Classico. Otherwise, Barca never has any doubts about passing group stages, but they always play 100% motivated in any of these matches, simply because such are their standards. You know failing to win against depleted and poor Milan will certainly guarantee some strong critique in the local media against Tata and probably against some of the star players. Also, comparing this match to Osasuna's from last weekend is not the best strategy imo. Champions League is Champions League, Primera is Primera. And Osasuna is one of the toughest places to visit for the top teams in Spain, because they play very defensive and physically aggressive football, therefore Barca and Real frequently drop points there, it is no big deal. But Milan without their two best players, with some other missings and in poor form, doesn't deserve any support in betting sense. I think probably the best strategy here is to live-bet. I doubt Barca will start fast and furious, it is not their thing this season and in CL in general. Probably it will take them at least 20 minutes to get on.....and this time should be enough for Barca price to reach psychologically acceptable levels for away game in Champions League.

In addition to my earlier post I want to add that Barcelona are top of the group and don't need a win' date= so they won't be fighting as if it's all or nothing and I won't be surprised if Milan will get something from this game. Milan or Draw @ 2.40 Bet365
I have seen a lot of reasoning like this. I think it is the punters that have that kind of losing mentality and not the players or coach. I am 100% sure Barcelona are going to go to Milan to win. They definitely would not be scratching their bum during the game. Its only 2 games and I am sure teams would try and qualify for the next round as soon as possible instead of thinking they can take a break because they are top of the group after 2 games.

I like cards here as well. The ref is German Felix Brych. In 13 games this season' date=' he has shown a whopping 8 red cards. On top of Petar Gal's point about Milan trying to stop Messi and Neymar, I believe there is also a level of ego for players for teams like Milan, who don't like being given the run-around. This often leads to cynical fouls, even if the game is decided. In what is a hostile atmosphere, Barca would not be adverse to fouling as well, quite possibly tactical fouling if they are exposed on the break.[/quote'] that's true, but with the latest incidents in mind (Kießling's "phantom goal" in german Bundesliga on friday) there's the possibility Brych will try to lead the match as "invisible" as possible

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd Can't understand why people are so positive about milan. You seriously didnt see them play last few weeks for sure. They are so bad, No chemistry at all, dont have a clue what to do with the ball or what so ever. You saw it against ajax. Ajax played decent, not that good at all and they still had hugh problems. Only danger came from ballotelli and he is out. Now they face a hungry barca side who drew last weekend and they always bounce back in the next game. If the aeay team reaches their normal level and with messi upfront I can see them easily score 2 or more. And as for Milan they lack quality with all those missings. Like I said earlier who is gonna be their killer? Matri no way, and robinho is so inconsistent easy to neutralize. Only a set piece could deliver them a goal but still cant see them scoring more than one. Milan from last year or at the start of the season would cause some troubles here but I would still bet on barca. Now my confident is even bigger their game play is far below par. I think barca players will be even more focussed on the CL this year due a punishment against bayern last year. They wanna show they are still the best team and will not take it easy here. 5 days rest for classico is enough and a nice win gives a good boost. Real got only 4 days and they play juventus even tougher.. Anyways goodluck all, I play medium stakes on the away win and small stakes on the -1 handicap. Messi 2 or more goals with 1 unit! Goodluck

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd I think Barcelona will learn from last season a lot as Milan will set to defend with all players behind the ball although I see it changing after Barcelona score first then it should be fairly open game. both teams to score is a given. Milan really do not have enough quality or maturity against Barcelona who will welcome rejuvenated messi back from injury. this is as straight forward win for barca as they come. 1-3 is about right

that's true' date=' but with the latest incidents in mind (Kießling's "phantom goal" in german Bundesliga on friday) there's the possibility Brych will try to lead the match as "invisible" as possible[/quote'] That's a good point, and something that only dawned on me last night after I posted. When thinking about it, I was inclined to think that it would mean he be 'by the book' to avoid any controversy Looking at prices available now, I'm drawn towards the Milan cards points markets with Paddy Power. They offer 2.1 on over 20 points. That appears the best value and safest play to me. Milan's card points in the 6 games I mentioned above is 30, 20, 70, 30, 55 and 20. But I may swerve with the ref situation.

That's a good point, and something that only dawned on me last night after I posted. When thinking about it, I was inclined to think that it would mean he be 'by the book' to avoid any controversy Looking at prices available now, I'm drawn towards the Milan cards points markets with Paddy Power. They offer 2.1 on over 20 points. That appears the best value and safest play to me. Milan's card points in the 6 games I mentioned above is 30, 20, 70, 30, 55 and 20. But I may swerve with the ref situation.
Just want to clarify something, you think it might be possible the ref might try to play everything by the books because of the phantom goal? Was he referee in charge of that game? Thanks in advance.

Just want to clarify something, you think it might be possible the ref might try to play everything by the books because of the phantom goal? Was he referee in charge of that game? Thanks in advance.
Yeah that's right slizorn, he was in charge in the hoffenhiem v leverkusen game. So obviously been getting a lot of media attention.

Yeah that's right slizorn' date=' he was in charge in the hoffenhiem v leverkusen game. So obviously been getting a lot of media attention.[/quote'] Argh, everything was looking great for a bet on cards till that piece of info :(

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd Guys, seriously have you seen our (AC Milan) matches lately? We weren't even able to win against Bologna, escaping from a defeat with scoring two late goals and conceding three goals one of the worst teams of Serie A! We lost against Verona who are newly promoted to Serie A. We just have a name, we don't have a game plan or a superior strategy, we are not a team with this clown coach. Defense is a joke, Amelia will replace Abbiati, he does often make mistakes. CB's Zapata and Mexes are terribly poor since Mexes is out of shape. Left-back Constant is a joke, he was a midfielder when he was playing for Genoa! Robinho is a Chievo material player, I am still in a shock that how these fools paid €11M for Matri, who's a terrible striker. Niang is overrated, he has no talent at all, I don't remember when he has scored ! Who will save us, Birsa?:lol I am 32 years old and I can clearly say it's the worst Milan since I was born. I will be honest, we do not deserve to play in the UCL because we stole it from Fiorentina, having referees on our side in many matches last season. If Messi has an injury I don't think it will affect the result since Alexis has been in a superior form (he's been awesome during the break in Chile NT). They have a lot of options to humiliate us, expectedly they are not going to win it by a big margin as big clubs respect each others in such games or so. Milan probable: Amelia; Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong,Muntari; Birsa, Robinho, Kaka. Barcelona probable: Valdes; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Adriano; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Sanchez, Messi, Neymar. I have taken Barcelona -1 AH, I hate betting against my team but gotta be professional. Cheers. expected score is 0-2.

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd I'm also Milan fans and when I'm betting I'm always realistic. I bet against AC Milan couple of times this season. But no matter how bad Milan play odds for Barcelona are way too short. Milan defense looks more stable now. This is almost the same team who beat Barcelona last year. Balotelli is back but he probably be on the bench because Alegri doesn't want to risk anything with him. Milan played very defensive football against Ajax in first half and I expect same defensive approach here also. Barcelona is not on their top level either. They barely beat Celtic last round. Okay they were without Messi then but now they have important game against Real this weekend, and this game is not that important for them because with draw they will still control this group. I'm not saying that Barcelona don't want to win this match just saying draw will not hurt them. Just like I said odds for away win are way too short but I'm not stupid to bet on Milan here either. I will probably stay away from this match because it's tricky maybe under 2.5 odds 2.00 local bookies are worth considering

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd Tuesday Champions League gives us several top matches , the most interesting will be held at the San Siro. The traditional virtually every Champions League draw, opposition Milan vs Barcelona , the forecast 1(+1) for 1.85 Pinnacle. Let me explain why I take a head start on Milan, coming in mid-table in Serie A , against very strong Barcelona. Before talking directly about the teams , I would say that such confrontation in principle unpredictable, especially in the group stage , when Barcelona are 100% sure that will come out of the group , and Milan is hardly questioned. That is, even under question the motivation of the same Barca - from the group just come out , and while can focus on a comfortable lead in Primera, the spring to focus on the key matches of the Champions League. And when the match is unpredictable , you have to play from the line - I do , anyway. And then , if you look at the line is obvious value on hosts. Confrontation Milan and Barcelona will always cause a huge interest in football fans all over the world. Two clubs with a great history, a great tradition and serious ambitions. The colors of Milan and Barcelona have always defended the leading players of the world and in whatever state clubs are , these fights are always loud billboard. Now , both teams once again be called contenders to win the tournament. And now for the teams. AC MILAN - now , this is a completely different team than it was just a couple of seasons ago. This Milan is young and enthusiasm , and most importantly hungry for victories. If Allegri will be able to build a team that will show stable game throughout the season , that Milan will be able to achieve very much. His team showed potential in the second half of last season. Milan in the Champions League with Barca played many times in recent years. And at the San Siro since 2004 , 5 games , the Rossoneri did not allow themselves to lose Barca larger than 1 goal. Actuall 2 wins Milan, 1 draw and 2 minimum Barca victory. Although , frankly , Barcelona two years ago was considered best team in the world, which is pointless to say today , do not think so , and even if Barcelona is one of the strongest. Yes , Milan is not very good in the championship began , however, the situation is gradually getting better in terms of physical fitness. Allegri's team always fail in September , but then dispersed. I've seen only after the break the match between AC Milan vs Udinese - and though the expense of 1:0, I've noticed that Milan has added greatly to physics. The team is running and breathing much better. So I would not bet on Barca only because Milan is now in bad shape. It is not in as bad as a month ago. Well, it's still a Champions League match, at San Siro expected sell-out - Milan , whatever it may be, will fight tooth and nail. Six months ago, Milan , being in the same underdog situation beat much more motivated Barca 2-0, although it was the Champions League play- offs , not "gangbang" where Barca usually plays very relaxed. Milan in the last 8 home games in the Champions League conceded just two goals. As for BARCELONA , then from the "bluagrana" by contrast , expect some problems at the start of the season. It seems that with the new coach Gerardo Martino Barcelona will take some time for the team to understand the philosophy of their coach and began playing again in full force. But in practice, the Catalan club did not take any time , and Barcelona lost their first points in the championship, only in the last round , just ahead of a meeting with Milan Barcelona plays slowly , especially in away matches , receive constantly - 10 goals conceded in the last 6 away matches in the Champions League. That is, if Milan score , it impassable for 1(1+) Barca must score 3 - and Milan so much at home games rarely misses. Well, bigger than 1 goal , Milan in the Champions League home games lost once in the last 19 matches (!). At the same time , the shaft of an exit for 1.55 Barca not entirely accurate. Barca failed to score Osasuna on Saturday, and it was not relaxed - Messi is injured and is not yet ready , and the team not by individual genius Messi, push the opponent's defense failed. Well, even if you take the group stages Barca - this season in an away match barely pressed through Celtic 0-1, in the past to the same Celtic they've lost ... I do not think it's worth taking the winning team , which in the last 9 exits the Champions League won only 3 times, just 1,55. Judging by whatever, people continue to have inertia money on Barca. Not 100 % sure , but it still goes on guests , as Milan in terms of standings so far in the ass - and in the Serie A are in the middle, in the Champions League lost points. However, I think , in the aggregate of the above factors , can conclude that the guests will still give enough fight - Barca in the Champions League away matches are not always attentive (especially in the group stage).

Re: AC Milan v FC Barcelona > Tuesday October 22nd Last 6 CL h2h meetings in Milan Milan won 2 Barcelona won 2 Two drawn Both teams are comfortably placed in the groups. Shots on target stats about the same in their two games so far. Milan look good value to me at over 6.5 Milan +0.5 2.61 188Bet

Last 6 CL h2h meetings in Milan Milan won 2 Barcelona won 2 Two drawn Both teams are comfortably placed in the groups. Shots on target stats about the same in their two games so far. Milan look good value to me at over 6.5 Milan +0.5 2.61 188Bet
Result: Milan 1 Barcelona 1 Bet won :ok