** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester City v FC Bayern München (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd 4pts Over 2.5 goals 1.78 BetVictor Bayern have plenty of scoring options going forward but City haven’t been short of goals this season. We saw how they destroyed Man Utd here a couple of weeks ago and while I don’t expect them to do the same to Bayern I do think they can get through and score so the thought of over 2.5 goals is a promising one and looks the best bet in this match to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-bayern-munich-betting-two-good-sides-can-provide-a-few-goals-at-the-etihad

Re: Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd yeap, i`ll go over 2.5 @ whatever price is here as well, seems like lately all these goal scoring machines ends up with disappointing 0 - 0 or 1 - 1 , but i think this won`t be the case, man city most likely come out in this game with the same attitude like in manchester derby and start well and fast and get a goal or two at home, and haven`t checked, but cannot remember then was last time byern didn`t score!?

Re: Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd I remember clearly when these two were last thrust together in the group. First match in Germany was a very comfortable 2-0 for Bayern where City got slammed from all corners of the media for being "naive" and lacking experience in Europe. Second game at Manchester was a 2-0 for City but Bayern had wrapped up the qualification by then and absolutely didn't turn up, similar to their home loss to Arsenal last season. The images of Bayern dominating and even toying with City at times in Germany are still fresh in my mind. This time around they certainly won't be complacent but also they aren't on home soil so that is a mitigating factor. When the heat is on and you must perform, can City handle it? Two new coaches but same players more or less. My gut tells me that Bayern will turn it on tomorrow.

Re: Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd Tricky game. New coaches and a lot of water have gone under the bridge since their last meeting. Bayern have struggled with the new playstyle under Guardiola, even though they get their victories - whenever it gets a bit too close they switch back to the 'old Bayern' that being attack-wise with few passes and a more direct attack. Unbeaten in the Bundesliga for 32 games including massive opponents alike Dortmund and Leverkusen. I honestly don't see them struggeling with the crowd of the homeside, as there often is more nerve in the Bundesliga. Bayern are missing Martinez on the midfield, and I don't expect Lahm to play his position this time, as Rafinha just doesn't have the level for Champions League matches like this. It will undoubtingly be Ribery, Kroos, Müller, Schweinsteiger and Robben to start with but with Götze as the joker. Kroos seems to be the only player inform on the midfield according to Guardiola (unlike Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Götze and Martinez). Players like Robben and Ribery have a more free role in the Champions League and is often the players with the most shots on goal during theese games. Bayern will dominate on possesion and I think players like Zabaleta, Kolarov and Fernandinho will have a tough time with the tackles and perhaps receive some cards. Against Plzen, Fernandinho and Kolarov both where booked for more or less idiotic challenges. Also Agüero, Nasri or Dzeko could force some tackles from Dante and Boateng as they don't have the speed needed - I see this a lot in the Bundesliga. Kuipers is the referee he is well-known for having a loose hand: Champions League 2011/12 - 5 games, 26 yellow cards and two reds; Champions League 2012/13 - 6 games, 17 yellow cards and 0 red. This year - 1 game, 3 yellow and 1 red. Pellegrini have pointed out that they will only go for a victory, so don't expect a bus infront of the City goal. It's been five years since City was last beaten at home in an European competition. Pellegrini have never beaten Guardiola. I think this is the year where City finally make it past the group stages in a relatively weak group (Sorry Plzen and CSKA). Getting the Bayern scalp would be a huge achievement. This game will have a huge impact on the final score in the group. Neuer and Hart are excellent goalkeepers, but I think it'll be a match with a lot of scoring oppotunities I will personally bet on the following: Robben to score at anytime 3.20 @ BET365 Ribery to score at anytime 3.75 @ BET365 Over 4.5 cards 1.775 @ BET365 Amount of goals in the game; Over 3 goals 2.62 @BET365 Draw 3.40 @ BET365 I know this is a contradiction to a lot of the above mentioned, but whatever, I f***ing love Bayern München Bayern -1,5 4.150 @ BET365

Re: Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd

I remember clearly when these two were last thrust together in the group. First match in Germany was a very comfortable 2-0 for Bayern where City got slammed from all corners of the media for being "naive" and lacking experience in Europe. Second game at Manchester was a 2-0 for City but Bayern had wrapped up the qualification by then and absolutely didn't turn up, similar to their home loss to Arsenal last season. The images of Bayern dominating and even toying with City at times in Germany are still fresh in my mind. This time around they certainly won't be complacent but also they aren't on home soil so that is a mitigating factor. When the heat is on and you must perform, can City handle it? Two new coaches but same players more or less. My gut tells me that Bayern will turn it on tomorrow.
Do u also remember the 2013 audi cup match between the two? Bayern at home completely dominated the first half. City got the first goal on the counter and bayern still came back to win 2:1. even after the were 2:1 up, it was bayern and not city who still had the best chances again. Think city will score again at home and so will bayern. So BTTS is the bet .

Re: Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd Don't think over 2.5 is nailed on at all, check out most of Bayern's games to date under Guardiola - generally they have been very tight affairs in the first half of games then they have started really going for it in the second half, but most of these sides couldn't live with Bayern for 90 mins, City should provide a sterner test. They certainly aren't as attacking under Pep, it might have to do with Gotze not being fit yet and Muller struggling to adapt to his new position in a 4-1-4-1 formation. Lahm has been used in midfield more with Rafinha playing at right back, this does weaken they defensively imo but then they have hardly conceded any goals this season so maybe not! It's difficult to get a read on what players will be used where as there have been tweaks and changes in virtually every game, particularly in the central area where he is still finding his preferred line-up with Gotze and Thiago both injured he won't get it how he wants yet. Martinez started jogging a couple of days ago in training but won't be fit to play, he would have been very useful in this game imo, to break up the play and compete physically with Yaya. You don't really know what to expect with City at the moment, they were utterly brilliant against Newcastle and Man Utd, average at best against Stoke and conceded 3 against what is a poor Villa side on Sat, although they were very unlucky to lose the game (their best performances so far have been in home games). I've seen enough from Pellegrini to know that he is a very clever tactician who comes up with certain plans to play against different sides, he feels comfortable doubling up on dodgy defenders on the wing, as they did a lot against Villa on Sat, flood the centre, like they did against United when playing against two out and out wingers, and seems so far to be prioritising the CL over the EPL as he has rested players with these games in mind, don't know if Aguero and Silva were actually injured for Sat's game but you can be sure they will be back in tonight. It's tough to go against Bayern in any game because they very rarely draw, let alone lose, but if City play as we have seen they can this season at home then there is certainly a good chance they can get a draw out of this. It's really very difficult to gauge the outcome but I'll have a small play on the City double chance. Man City +0.5AH - 1.75 - betinternet - 2.5 Points

Re: Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd TBH it depends which City turns up - the one that Mullered United (70s Bayern reference there :D ) or the one that played Villa Bayern will be strong and solid as usual (even with Pep's new tactic) and Robben and Ribery (surely the ugliest wing duo in history :D) are key to a Bayern win Whatever happens the Over 2.5 looks nailed on IMO - wouldn't be interested in anything else

Re: Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd What do people think of Aguero to score anytime at 3.5 on Skybet? He's scored two against United last week and got into the habit of scoring against big sides last season with goals against Real, Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea and United again. I can see goals in this game with the way City have been playing recently so Aguero might be a good shout. Would be interested on people's thoughts on Robben and Ribery anytime as well as Bayern's wingers usually take a lot of shots. Ribery is at 4 on Betfred and has scored a good few goals this season while Robben is at 3.75 on Skybet and had a great goalscoring record in the CL last season.

What do people think of Aguero to score anytime at 3.5 on Skybet? He's scored two against United last week and got into the habit of scoring against big sides last season with goals against Real' date= Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea and United again. I can see goals in this game with the way City have been playing recently so Aguero might be a good shout. Would be interested on people's thoughts on Robben and Ribery anytime as well as Bayern's wingers usually take a lot of shots. Ribery is at 4 on Betfred and has scored a good few goals this season while Robben is at 3.75 on Skybet and had a great goalscoring record in the CL last season.
Yes they could possibly score but I don't see any value on taking both Ribery and Robben to score, if you want to bet I think you should only choose one, but who, that is the tricky question.

Yes they could possibly score but I don't see any value on taking both Ribery and Robben to score' date=' if you want to bet I think you should only choose one, but who, that is the tricky question.[/quote'] Yeah, I don't see any value in taking Robben and Ribery to score, what I meant to say was Robben or Ribery.

Re: Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd I can see City bouncing back and getting something out of the game. Aguero and Silva are back and they will want to respond from the weekends defeat and ahead of their difficult tie at the weekend against in form Everton. What a mean by getting something out of the game is a point at best. I am looking at the goals markets and a high scoring draw. I'm looking at 2-2 for the correct score and a separate bet of over 2.5 goals.

TEAM NEWS: Hart, Richards, Kompany ©, Nastasic, Clichy, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko SUBS NEWS: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Lescott, Milner, Garcia, Silva, Negredo Line up FCB / Aufstellung: Neuer - Dante, Ribéry, Robben, Rafinha, Boateng, Lahm, Müller, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Kroos Substitutes FCB / Einwechselspieler: Starke - van Buyten, Mandzukić, Shaqiri, Kirchhoff, Götze, Contento

Re: Manchester City v FC Bayern München > Wednesday October 2nd I'm really surprised that the support for Bayern is not more vociferous here. There is no weak links in their team and they have inherited an experienced, top manager who always seems to get the best of pellegrini,whenever they meet. Every time I see them they impress me more. There is a beautiful balance about the side in both their play and even their ages. If the city side that beat (a poor ) Unt turns up, they have a battling chance. If not then they will get a lesson IMO. Bayern 0; 0.5 @ 2.06 Betfair (earlier today).

Don't think over 2.5 is nailed on at all, check out most of Bayern's games to date under Guardiola - generally they have been very tight affairs in the first half of games then they have started really going for it in the second half, but most of these sides couldn't live with Bayern for 90 mins, City should provide a sterner test. They certainly aren't as attacking under Pep, it might have to do with Gotze not being fit yet and Muller struggling to adapt to his new position in a 4-1-4-1 formation. Lahm has been used in midfield more with Rafinha playing at right back, this does weaken they defensively imo but then they have hardly conceded any goals this season so maybe not! It's difficult to get a read on what players will be used where as there have been tweaks and changes in virtually every game, particularly in the central area where he is still finding his preferred line-up with Gotze and Thiago both injured he won't get it how he wants yet. Martinez started jogging a couple of days ago in training but won't be fit to play, he would have been very useful in this game imo, to break up the play and compete physically with Yaya. You don't really know what to expect with City at the moment, they were utterly brilliant against Newcastle and Man Utd, average at best against Stoke and conceded 3 against what is a poor Villa side on Sat, although they were very unlucky to lose the game (their best performances so far have been in home games). I've seen enough from Pellegrini to know that he is a very clever tactician who comes up with certain plans to play against different sides, he feels comfortable doubling up on dodgy defenders on the wing, as they did a lot against Villa on Sat, flood the centre, like they did against United when playing against two out and out wingers, and seems so far to be prioritising the CL over the EPL as he has rested players with these games in mind, don't know if Aguero and Silva were actually injured for Sat's game but you can be sure they will be back in tonight. It's tough to go against Bayern in any game because they very rarely draw, let alone lose, but if City play as we have seen they can this season at home then there is certainly a good chance they can get a draw out of this. It's really very difficult to gauge the outcome but I'll have a small play on the City double chance. Man City +0.5AH - 1.75 - betinternet - 2.5 Points LOST
Bayern were awesome for 80mins, just about the best club performance I have ever seen.

I will personally bet on the following: Robben to score at anytime 3.20 @ BET365 Ribery to score at anytime 3.75 @ BET365 Over 4.5 cards 1.775 @ BET365 Amount of goals in the game; Over 3 goals 2.62 @BET365 Draw 3.40 @ BET365 I know this is a contradiction to a lot of the above mentioned, but whatever, I f***ing love Bayern München Bayern -1,5 4.150 @ BET365
Well that was SPOT on!