** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aston Villa v Manchester City (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th Man City 8/15 bet365 this to me is a gift and a max bet for me. City will be so full of confidence nasri look happy and in form Aguero looks sharp, yaya is superb and I just cannot see Villa keeping them at bay. With the likelyhood of Benteke being out this only adds to my confidence. max bet - not easy to do as a united fan

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th I agree that Man.City win is very likely here. They beat the Red Evils 4-1, then after 2 days defeated wogan 5-0 in Capital One Cup and are in a good form at the moment. However, they have an important game against B. Munchen in the Champions League next week, so I would not expect many goals here, just a routine 1-0 win (which by the way was the score of the last two games between these two sides at Villa Park).

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th I had a look last night and City were best priced 1.61 with coral, didn't think that would last long and it's now down all over the board. I would have played -1.0AH at over evens but now it's best priced 1.9 with 10bet and still going down, not worth the play for me, 1 goal victory for City wouldn't be surprising as Mustafa says and the CL game next week makes this a no bet imo, good luck.

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th City can go and win at that price for me, price is shocking in my opinion. They have only put in 2 good performances this season so far, both at home, the jury is still out on their away performances. Lost 3-2 at Cardiff and got a 0-0 away to Stoke, they destroyed United but the way United are set up at the moment and without Van Persie it was a done deal given the occasion. Villa on their day are no pushovers so at the prices I would let it ride.

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th Besides the Arsenal game Villa have been pretty much dog **** and have barely troubled the scorers. Can't see how they will score this week and i'm not too sure whether Man City will wanna go all out attack as they have bigger fish to fry. I'll be playing the Man City WIN/ 1 or 2 goals scored @ $3.96 with sportsbet. Might do a smaller hedge on exactly 3 goals scored for peace of mind. Knowing my luck though Aston Villa might very well pull something out of the bag. I still have the scars from that Cardiff game :(

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th Villa are simply, well, er, plain old Villa. The Arsenal game was a fluke. They were gifted a penalty and Arsenal had a man sent off unfairly. Last three home games 1-2 Newcastle 0-1 Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea and throw in a 0-4 Bashing from Spurs, it's pretty shocking form. Almost relegation stuff. Without Benteke, their goal threat is severely diminished. City on the other hand are getting better and better. The Cardiff game was also their 'fluke' result. They are playing with confidence, scoring plenty of goals. The players seem happy, and are up-for-it. Everyone seems dead-keen to get in the starting line-up and stay there, so the motivation is high. They look so much happier than under Mancini. I'm not sure the CHampions league is a worry for them They have a huge squad, with no injuries. They could almost put out 2 teams each weekend of the league. They also know 1st hand what goal difference can do, so I think Villa receive another beating Man City away win at 8/15 betvictor and various.

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th I am a Villa fanatic but I just can't see us winning here. The size of the Villa pitch will suit Manchester City's style of play and without Benteke our firepower will be reduced significantly. However, don't look at the Tottenham result too deeply, there were several first team members out of the match and doesn't indicate any real form. In fact, we knocked City out last season of the cup 2-4 so it doesn't reflect much at all. There is no doubt that when Villa rock up, that we can give most teams a run for their money, but this won't happen at home in this particular match. In my opinion, the odds for Manchester City to win here is pretty good value.

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th Shocking price this is for the Man City win and no way anyone can take this. Because if you think back to the Stoke game they made 8 changes in preparation for the Mid-week champions league game and played absolutely awful. I can see the same amount of changes against Villa and can see Villa holding for 60-70 mins. Man City will then bring on some of the first team regulars and win the game. The odds around this time will be alot higher :-)

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th Villa - City Coral have chalked up 2.90 on City win to Nil and I am all over that. The clean sheet price is in itself appealing but I just can't not see City scoring against the Villa defence. Would have been happy to take Villa on with Benteke in the starting XI, let alone without. All stats suggest the clean sheet price in itself is overpriced, and with consecutive 1-0 City wins at VP, City have previous in these games. Also, Antonio Luna may turn out to be a decent full back but early impressions are that he's not up to scratch at this level. With Zabaleta in superb form, I fancy him to give Luna the runaround all afternoon and having nearly opened his account for the season on a couple of occasions so far, I fancy him to break his duck and nick a goal. City win to NIL 2.80 Zabaleta fgs e/w 35's

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th

Its so stupid to speak about CL when the teams playing National league games?What means "M.City have game for 3 days in CL" so what?Is that means that City' date='United,Arsenal,Psg,Bayern and rest dont want to play our N.League games?For me this is simple,City have 10 times better team,better coach,AV is without best player(Benteke),motivation moment after destroyed United is in high level,so FOR ME is the clear AW without doubt. And i will go with high stakes. In my local odds is 1,60 and for my combo is perfect. GL to all! Sorry for my english ;)[/quote'] Fact is City need to progress to the knockout stages in Europe more than they need to win the title, all about the money! They have to increase income..They rested most of the first team before the previous CL game, who is to say they won't do similar this time? Aguero is out and Silva is out.

Ok' date='and you think that City dont have 18 quality players to replace 5-6 starters?Silva is out,ok we have Navas,and Nasri on that position,Aguero is out,we have Dzeko,Negredo,Jovetic.If City play against beter team in PL i will tel myself ok this is 'fishy,tricky' game but AV is relegation material without Benteke and all we knows that Benteke is injured. You have your opinion about CL i have main,but that reason is nonsens(for me,i speek about quality of players) about CL game 3 days after this game ,specialy if you have team like City. With 15-16 high class players...even if substitute 7 players that bench players is one class above then Vila players. Jovetic,Dzeko,Lescot,Pantilimon,Navas,Rodwell,MicahR,Clishy...i dont know how is injured but look this names and tell me that Vila have beter starters?No way my frend ,you also know this ;)[/quote'] I agree but Jotevic is better than Jon Walters, Yaya Toure is better than Matt Ethrington also, what was the result in that game though? 0-0 and Stoke should have won. City don't have players to replace Aguero and Silva, they are easily their best attacking players, Nasri ain't Silva and Negredo and Jotevic are well short of what is required so far. Football betting isn't as simple as looking at Team A then looking at Team B and seeing who has the best players, if it was that easy we would all win every week! Simple fact is they are a crap price, they should win and I have no fear about backing short priced favourites - as I do so regularly - but they are a rubbish play for me. Good luck, I hope City win as I have backed them for the league.

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th Villa lost their last 3 EPL home games to Liverpool, Newcastle and a not so good Chelsea all by 1 goal. Now Benteke is out and the home fans will pressure the team to get forward as they need points. Now the fans will do this - because of the table situation - regardless of the opposition, but the visit of City is the worst possible fixture for this to happen. Now Kompany is back and they can cover for Aguero much better than Villa can compensate for Benteke. Only way Villa get something here is if Pellegrini really underestimates the task at hand and honestly I don't know his approach so will wait for line-up.

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th Hello arent you forgetting one thing here guys? Before the Manchester derby there where now Vincent Kompany in the team but no he is back and the team looks so much better. To me he is the most important player in City. As long as he starts it is hard for me to see anything else then an easy win for Man City, they would probably win with Guidetti as a striker to. Man City -1 AH played @ Pinnacle.

As I mentioned earlier I do not expect many goals here, so another bets I would also consider are the following ones (all Bet365): Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.10 Under 3.5 Goals @ 1.44 Man.City Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.40
brave bet here my friend because once the first goal goals in villa have a history of collapsing like they did against spurs in midweek

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th The most interesting thing will be if Pellegrini will put out a side that is similar to the one that bombed against Stoke with Bayern coming up midweek. It would obviously be better for punters backing City for him to pick a side that will take care of the game with no fuss.

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th I agree City are 100 times better with Kompany in the side, no doubt. Still think the lack of Silva and Aguero could make this a pretty competitive match though. Benteke is a big loss for the Villa but for me the jury is still out on City's away form.

I agree City are 100 times better with Kompany in the side, no doubt. Still think the lack of Silva and Aguero could make this a pretty competitive match though. Benteke is a big loss for the Villa but for me the jury is still out on City's away form.
Negredo and Jovetic are nothing to be sneezed at though. I know they're new to Premier League but I think Negredo is a Real Madrid youth product who they discarded and for years after he was the terror of Real Madrid, would always score against his old club and he is obviously quality. Have seen Jovetic many times for Fiorentina and he is a bit of a special player too. So I don't think Silva and Aguero missing will be as significant as you think. Certainly against Villa anyway.

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester City > Saturday September 28th fixed!How it's possible to lose it 2-3 while you are dominating a game? First goal of Aston Villa was clear offside, 2nd goal came from a freekick, 3rd one was the funniest as Aston Villa GK made an assist to Weimann and two Man City defenders didn't even run behind the ball. Man City didn't even bother to score when it was 2-1 and kept wasting chances.

fixed!How it's possible to lose it 2-3 while you are dominating a game? First goal of Aston Villa was clear offside' date=' 2nd goal came from a freekick, 3rd one was the funniest as Aston Villa GK made an assist to Weimann and two Man City defenders didn't even run behind the ball. Man City didn't even bother to score when it was 2-1 and kept wasting chances.[/quote'] Don't think the game was fixed, it's just the potential banana skin that makes the passer by fall. It's the beauty of football at the same time, not mathematics (City's players cost 10 times more than Villa's so there's no contest) I'm afraid.

fixed!How it's possible to lose it 2-3 while you are dominating a game? First goal of Aston Villa was clear offside' date=' 2nd goal came from a freekick, 3rd one was the funniest as Aston Villa GK made an assist to Weimann and two Man City defenders didn't even run behind the ball. Man City didn't even bother to score when it was 2-1 and kept wasting chances.[/quote'] Its not fixed and talk of that such is banned here. I find this a really ignorant comment because if you understand football, the mechanics of the game and the EPL + the mental aspect you'd understand these results. The EPL is the most competitive league in the world and huge favorites get beaten, or don't win all the time. Its not like other European leagues.