** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BBOTD Friday 20th September

2.30 Newbury - Signed Up 11/1 EW William Hill BOG This horses best form comes on a truely soft surface and as long as the ground stays as it is (which look likely) then this horse must definitely come into the reckoning. He ran two very good race at Sandown and Goodwood last year on soft ground. He then ran again only 9 days after that Goodwood win and unsurprisingly flopped. His reappearance on good ground this June was promising although his most recent defeat at Newmarket. Hopefully that was just a one off and if it is, this Rail Link colt has a very good chance of bouncing back to form.

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September 14.20 Ayr: The Nifty Fox @ 18/1 Bet365 The Nifty Fox doesn't appear to be too well handicapped, yet I feel he has conditions very much in favour tomorrow as well as he showed some fine performances recently. His most recent run at Hamilton in a hot sprint handicap really caught my eye as he was travelling very much the best of all, appearing to be on the bridle until 1f out. He didn't quite come home and finished 5th in the end but I do feel this was a big performance. The drop in trip back to 5f will really suit and The Nifty Fox absolutely loves cut in the ground, not to forget he's one from one over course and distance! He is drawn in 13 which should give Philli Makin every chance to go wherever he feels it is the best place to go, if the field splits into different groups. Of course this is a very strong race here tomorrow, hugely competitive and The Nifty Fox doesn't get any younger, but 18/1 looks pretty big and I expect him to run well.

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September A4.00 Lisiere e/w 40/1 Betvictor I'm looking for a relatively unexposed horse here with a liking for soft ground preferably nearer to the bottom of the handicap and this one fits the bill. This trainer has a really decent strike rate from a small string and the booking of Jim Crowley is a decent one. The trainer also puts on the visor for the first time and this drop back in trip should also suit. I had a good look at Half a Billion as well but I've just sided with this one. The middle draw could also prove to be the place to be (hopefully!).

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September 4.00 AYR~ 0.5 E/W MARYS DAUGHTER 28/1 BET 365~Trainer strong handed here and does well in this race i think the price on this one is to big after a nice run lto by the 3yo. Went close here over CD as a 2yo on heavy. Has won two races at prices of 50/1 & 33/1 hopefully another big one will be beside its name.

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September 1710 ayr 1pt win mash potato 3/1bet 365 consistent 3 year colt this year, 5 races, 2 wins and 3 places,and with ground and distance to his liking i am hopeful he can continue his good form and win today, step back in trip will suit as he won at newcastle at that distance, good jockey on board and trainer has a 22% strike rate at ayr

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September 5.45 Listowel Diplomat 6/4 Paddy Power BOG Russell was seen at his very best on Diplomat at Galway at the end of July, taking the horse very wide throughout and nearly getting up close home in spite of the ride. For a horse who acted both on the track and on the ground and who had won the previous day, you can only draw your own conclusions especially as he retains the ride! The stewards were obviously still drunk from the night before. With all that in mind and provided he isn't given another brilliant ride no doubt on the trainer's or owner's instructions, he is a certainty tomorrow. If you can read between the lines of what I am saying you will realise the reasons why! 1 Point win Diplomat 6/4 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September 2.00 NWB Cape Wrath 2/1 (Bet365) Very modest Class 4 maiden as those with experience are just 5 on 11 and they've achieved little to nothing so far. Cape Wrath is a Lady Rotschild 2yo (29% at Newbury with juveniles) trained by Richard Hannon and with Hughes in the saddle. Top connections for this grey colt who's half-brother of some powerful american, french and irish horses and looks like the clear standout of a poor field. If he'll handle the soft ground he'll be the one to beat.

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September 230 Newbury: Samba King 1pt 7/1 SJ/SB Going to take a chance on the fitness of Samba King after nearly a year off. Charlie Appleby seems to have most of his horses spot on just lately and this one in my opinion had one or two badly judged rides last season and i think he is much better than his rating of 90. Loves the soft ground, stays well and his 4th in the November handicap last time out was a pretty solid effort yet he has been dropped 3lbs which is a bonus.

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September 3.05 Newbury - French Navy - win at 5/4 bog betvictor Good horse this............won more than half of his career starts, including 4 races of higher grade than today Goes well fresh and comes back from a 3 month break, trip, ground etc all fine for him He's the best horse in the race and whilst not strictly best in at today's weights, you'd have to think that some of his opponents are not worth their official ratings as they find it difficult to win

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September 1.50 ayr Makin the rules 5/1(betfred and most other bogs) John Quinn had a treble yesterday and his Lawman colt looks likely to progress from his York 2nd to a Hannon horse that has won again since and is now rated 88. Makin The Rules runs off 74 here and should be in the mix if handling the conditions as his pedigree is mixed regarding that. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September 4.00pm @ Ayr 'Bop It' 7/1 (Coral) Backed this last time and it won fairly comfortably, steps up today but looked one worth following. It was a decent race it won last time as well and a repeat looks to be on the cards. Beat a few horses who had won reasonable quality races at Haydock last time, including Corporal Maddox who won a competitive sprint at the Curragh the time before. Plenty of money around for it today as well in from 10s last night in places. I think it's an improving horse form a hot stable who has to go close. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September 18.15 Listowel Merrion Row - 1PT Win 6/1 BetBright Merrion Row made a winning start to his career when winning last time out at Galway in a bumper over 2 miles. He has his first start over hurdles here and is upped in trip 4f but he stayed on strongly towards the finish at Galway, suggesting that the horse will benefit from a step up in distance. If he takes to the hurdles he has every chance of making it two wins from two starts.

Re: BBOTD Friday 20th September

2.00 NWB Cape Wrath 2/1 (Bet365) Very modest Class 4 maiden as those with experience are just 5 on 11 and they've achieved little to nothing so far. Cape Wrath is a Lady Rotschild 2yo (29% at Newbury with juveniles) trained by Richard Hannon and with Hughes in the saddle. Top connections for this grey colt who's half-brother of some powerful american, french and irish horses and looks like the clear standout of a poor field. If he'll handle the soft ground he'll be the one to beat.
:clap