** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Juventus v Galatasaray SK - Wednesday October 2nd

Aidymac

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Juventus v Galatasaray SK - Wednesday October 2nd Roberto Mancini is about to be unveiled as Galatasaray's new boss, with that news and Tevez likely to be missing from the Juventus line-up - terrible tackle on him by Immobile on Sunday - means the Juventus odds are on the rise, they were far too low anyway.

Re: Juventus v Galatasaray SK - Wednesday October 2nd

Either way' date=' whenever Juventus are involved, I envision seeing a low scoring game. Not sure what the odds are at the moment, but I would probably be swaying towards Juventus to win by 1 goal.[/quote'] Yes can't understand why odds are 1.25? Maybe because Real put 6 past them. But Juve are still getting into their rhythm this season and scraping their wins by 1 goal and they certainly aren't Madrid. So in terms of 1 x 2, you can really make a case for all three coming to fruition and this is a definite no bet for me.

Re: Juventus v Galatasaray SK - Wednesday October 2nd Real destroyed Galatasaray but the result doesn't say everything.Galata had a few very good opportunities in the first half and if they hit the net the game could well go in the opposit direction.On the otehr hand all of the Real shots on the target hit the net.So i consider them a little bit unlucky and after 0:3 Galatasaray just were waiting for the final whistle and weren't even trying to defend.The turkish team have some good attacking players,who can deliver goals.Mancini was announced to be the new Galatasaray manager which can affect the players only in positive way+Juve are not so solid to me at all.They most often win with 1 goal margin if they do at all and were pretty lucky not to lose against Chievo when the referee intervented.With that in mind i will stay away from 1x2 market but will be all over BTTS yes.

Re: Juventus v Galatasaray SK - Wednesday October 2nd What we got with these 2 so far is a game each. The way I saw it, all 5 at the back of Galatasaray played against Real as if they never met each other before. MF players played as if they were forwards, with no connection between the lines whatsoever, and each one was a lonely soldier in the front childishly trying to make a point against a superior team. Real wasn't lucky to score 6, if they pushed a bit harder they could have scored 10+...Mancini doesn't want to start with another trashing, so he has to look at the back first, where he can't do much simply because he hasn't worked long enough with these guys, and so far they looked like a joke at this level (and often in the domestic league). So he has only one option - more midfielders helping at the back, less options and effort forward. I can only see a very tight start from Galatasaray, trying to close every gap at the back with more players than usual and only hoping on a lucky quick counter...And this is exactly how every smaller team approaches their games against Juventus this season. You do not start ''brave and open'' against Juve ! Goals can come from everywhere except GK. No wonder Juve are winning by a single goal at home and the only team that got trashed was a better team ( than both sides from Verona and the local rival ) who started the game more ''open'' ( Lazio ). What I saw in CL from Juve was full 75 minutes playing in front of the FC Copenhagen goal, with just Tevez missing half a dozen chances. If that game would be played again and again Juve will win it in 5 out of 5 times. The team looks stronger to me than last year, with more options and a Manager who is ''growing'' by the day, and taking just a point from Denmark was very unlucky. I give full credit to the Danes, they were very well organized that night in defense, and the GK had a fantastic game. As of the possible markets, having Juventus on any H'cap is always a danger. A win is a win, especially against another Italian in charge of Galatasaray, who as I think will try to ''close'' the game. It's the 3 points Juve want, not a big margin. Cards look good if I am right about the ''flow'' of the game. Tough defending from Galatasaray players, who also look very disorganized to me and not at CL standards. Juve also have a couple of players, who won't take ''any prisoners'' in case of a dangerous counter. Corners and Corner H'cap also look good to me. As I expect Juve to dominate the game from all sides of the pitch, the line bet365 have set at 2,00 for Over 10,5 corners looks reasonable. The line for Corner H'cap -4 for Juve makes even more sense at 2.05. Goals at 1,57 for Over 2,5 is too low for all standards of CL. It is maybe justified to some extend by the mess which the Galatasaray defense looked against Real, and the single clean sheet guests had from the start of the season. It is also somewhat justfied by the potential of Juve forward. Yet I strongly believe that Juve want the 3 points and they need no huge margins. If the Over is at 1,57 and somene goes for it, IMO other markets here are more interesting and make more sense. Juventus Team goals Over 2,5 is at 1,61, and after that thrashing from Real I would rather see 3-0 than 2-1. Goal/Goal is at 1,83, and regardless of the fact that I see slim chances for Galata to score, 1,83 makes more sense for Both to Score than 1,57 for Over 2,5 Goals. Even the straight win for Juventus at 1,33 makes more sense to me than the Over 2,5 odds. My personal logic of the game is that Juve will gradually build up the pressure in the game. The Goal market will be interesting to me after the first 20 minutes and at HT. In-play ! For now - a double for me, with straight wins for Zenith and Juve at 1,66. GL

Real destroyed Galatasaray but the result doesn't say everything.Galata had a few very good opportunities in the first half and if they hit the net the game could well go in the opposit direction.On the otehr hand all of the Real shots on the target hit the net.So i consider them a little bit unlucky and after 0:3 Galatasaray just were waiting for the final whistle and weren't even trying to defend.The turkish team have some good attacking players' date='who can deliver goals.Mancini was announced to be the new Galatasaray manager which can affect the players only in positive way+Juve are not so solid to me at all.They most often win with 1 goal margin if they do at all and were pretty lucky not to lose against Chievo when the referee intervented.With that in mind i will stay away from 1x2 market but will be all over BTTS yes.[/quote'] I have to agree with the BTTS bet, but one would have to imagine Juventus ought to win this game though they might not cover the handicap. So the bet that sticks out for me is BTTS and Juventus to win @ 2.80 Coral. Might be higher at other bookies, haven't had the chance to take a look as of yet.

Re: Juventus v Galatasaray SK - Wednesday October 2nd mr mancini will set up galatasaray defensively. that was his initially formula when he came to man city and its guaranteed to be 2 goals or less. its too early for manicni to get any result with his new club until he gets to know about his players so this should be comfortably win for juventus

Re: Juventus v Galatasaray SK - Wednesday October 2nd turkish reports are saying that mancini will bench last season's star (6 goals at last year's cl) burak yilmaz and start aydin yilmaz instead today. if it's accurate, a very odd choice as aydin was a sometimes-used reserve for fatih terim but he hasn't seen action for even a single minute this season so far. that means a 4-2-3-1 as aydin will likely to be right wing. i want to convince myself for galatasaray covering handicap as i think they became slightly underrated at the moment with these lines. honestly i backed against them at the weekend but they were better than i expected despite they failed to deliver again in the first game after fatih terim's departure. but if these reports are true, it's too risky for me, there are better games tonight.

Re: Juventus v Galatasaray SK - Wednesday October 2nd I'd look at the goals markets in this tie; over 2.5 goals. In both Galatasaray's and Juve's last 4 champions league games (including qualifiers) there has been over 2.5 goals. Juve have quality striking options (Pogba, Quagliarella) and Gala will look to get off to an effective start in the champs under new management. I'd expect a high scoring sraw but for a bet, over 2.5 goals is my punt for tonight.

I'd look at the goals markets in this tie; over 2.5 goals. In both Galatasaray's and Juve's last 4 champions league games (including qualifiers) there has been over 2.5 goals. Juve have quality striking options (Pogba' date=' Quagliarella) and Gala will look to get off to an effective start in the champs under new management. I'd expect a high scoring sraw but for a bet, over 2.5 goals is my punt for tonight.[/quote'] Be careful when backing overs on a juve match. They normally win 1:0 2:0 and then are just very good at holding onto the lead.

Re: Juventus v Galatasaray SK - Wednesday October 2nd those stats that you have given are completely incorrect. There have not been over 2.5 goals in Galas and Juve's last 4 champions league games

I'd look at the goals markets in this tie; over 2.5 goals. In both Galatasaray's and Juve's last 4 champions league games (including qualifiers) there has been over 2.5 goals. Juve have quality striking options (Pogba' date=' Quagliarella) and Gala will look to get off to an effective start in the champs under new management. I'd expect a high scoring sraw but for a bet, over 2.5 goals is my punt for tonight.[/quote']

turkish reports are saying that mancini will bench last season's star (6 goals at last year's cl) burak yilmaz and start aydin yilmaz instead today. if it's accurate' date=' a very odd choice as aydin was a sometimes-used reserve for fatih terim but he hasn't seen action for even a single minute this season so far. that means a 4-2-3-1 as aydin will likely to be right wing. i want to convince myself for galatasaray covering handicap as i think they became slightly underrated at the moment with these lines. honestly i backed against them at the weekend but they were better than i expected despite they failed to deliver again in the first game after fatih terim's departure. but if these reports are true, it's too risky for me, there are better games tonight.[/quote'] muslera / eboue - semih - chedjou - balta / melo - inan / bruma - sneijder - riera / drogba no aydin yilmaz, wisely. i am leaning for visitors handicap but with small stakes.

Real destroyed Galatasaray but the result doesn't say everything.Galata had a few very good opportunities in the first half and if they hit the net the game could well go in the opposit direction.On the otehr hand all of the Real shots on the target hit the net.So i consider them a little bit unlucky and after 0:3 Galatasaray just were waiting for the final whistle and weren't even trying to defend.The turkish team have some good attacking players' date='who can deliver goals.Mancini was announced to be the new Galatasaray manager which can affect the players only in positive way+Juve are not so solid to me at all.They most often win with 1 goal margin if they do at all and were pretty lucky not to lose against Chievo when the referee intervented.With that in mind i will stay away from 1x2 market but will be all over BTTS yes.[/quote'] bet won