** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FK Austria Wien - Tuesday October 1st

Aidymac

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FK Austria Wien - Tuesday October 1st * Wien got here through qualification rounds. In 3rd stage beat Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia who played really badly. So in the 2nd leg Zagreb went to Austria to rectify the situation and were 3-1 up and going through on away goals... then Wien get a lucky header and get into the group. * First game at home they lose 0-1 to Porto and even though it was only by 1, it was clear to see that the Portuguese were a class above and the Austrians just don't have the sharpness and speed of passing in the final third. -you got the feeling Porto still had another gear to use if needed. * Zenit meanwhile lost away to Atletico who just beat Madrid and are 100% this season so no shame in that. They are in winning form (won 4 of laast 5 in all comps) whereas Wien have lost 4 of their last 5 games in all competitions. Russian league is harder than Austrian Bundesliga. * Wien are new to CL and their first away trip is to Russia to Zenit who know they are in a group featuring Porto and Atletico so this is an absolute must win. The four attacking players for Zenit are Kerzahkov, Arshavin, Danny & Hulk. Throw in Witsel and they should be more than enough to take care of an inexperienced Wien in bad form I'm adding Zenit - 1 AH @ 1.375 Bet 365 to a double of mine

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FK Austria Wien - Tuesday October 1st

* Wien got here through qualification rounds. In 3rd stage beat Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia who played really badly. So in the 2nd leg Zagreb went to Austria to rectify the situation and were 3-1 up and going through on away goals... then Wien get a lucky header and get into the group. * First game at home they lose 0-1 to Porto and even though it was only by 1, it was clear to see that the Portuguese were a class above and the Austrians just don't have the sharpness and speed of passing in the final third. -you got the feeling Porto still had another gear to use if needed. * Zenit meanwhile lost away to Atletico who just beat Madrid and are 100% this season so no shame in that. They are in winning form (won 4 of laast 5 in all comps) whereas Wien have lost 4 of their last 5 games in all competitions. Russian league is harder than Austrian Bundesliga. * Wien are new to CL and their first away trip is to Russia to Zenit who know they are in a group featuring Porto and Atletico so this is an absolute must win. The four attacking players for Zenit are Kerzahkov, Arshavin, Danny & Hulk. Throw in Witsel and they should be more than enough to take care of an inexperienced Wien in bad form I'm adding Zenit - 1 AH @ 1.375 Bet 365 to a double of mine
+Vien's top player M.Stankovic is out due to injury.This should make Zenit's task even easier.It is very hard to travel to Russia in this time of the year given the difference between the temperatura in Austria and in Peterburg.I will go even further with -2AH

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FK Austria Wien - Tuesday October 1st I might follow you after reading this on espnfc.com Vienna, meanwhile, approach the match in dismal form and with a mounting absentee list. Saturday's defeat at Admira Wacker was a fourth in six games, while injuries to key men Marko Stankovic, Daniel Royer, Alexander Grunwald and Alexander Gorgon have left coach Bjelica with only 18 fit players at his disposal. He said: "We have had a run of games in which we were not able to bring our full potential to the table. "Against Admira we saw how we are struggling to cope with our current injury problems. "The players do not have the fresh legs they need to play at their usual level and therefore our overall game is suffering. "I think we can already start talking about a crisis.":hope

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FK Austria Wien - Tuesday October 1st 5pts Zenit (-1) to beat Austria Vienna 4/5 Boylesports If Zenit St Petersburg harbour any ambitions of qualifying from this group then this is a match they have to win and they could do with winning it in a bit of style to send a marker out, and boost their confidence. Vienna come in here bashed up with injuries and off the back of a couple of recent defeats so in tricky Russian conditions this really should be a smooth home win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zenit-st-petersburg-vs-austria-vienna-betting-zenit-can-cruise-past-bashed-up-austrians-in-russia

+Vien's top player M.Stankovic is out due to injury.This should make Zenit's task even easier.It is very hard to travel to Russia in this time of the year given the difference between the temperatura in Austria and in Peterburg.I will go even further with -2AH
Temperatures are no issue at this level, in October. Vienna + 14C, Saint Petersburg 6 degrees C today...bbc.co.uk/weather. Austrians are very familiar with cold weather too. Outside of this -1,5AH is fully justified and expected, at very reasonable betting risk...

Key is if Vienna will come to defend' date=' because Zenit doesnt like that.[/quote'] Agree, Zenith play better against attacking sides, but a goal in the first half will change all this, regardless how hard Vienna defend - they laxk experience and CL quality IMO. GL

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FK Austria Wien - Tuesday October 1st I have taken a look at the last 5 games played by Wien, they have lost each of them by the 1 goal margin. Including vs FC Porto. They also have a tendency to not concede till late on in the game. All of these things tend to point me to the following bets as I am not a fan of the handicap bet, even though Zenit have been winning games by beating that margin. Not sure what I will be taking, but those are the bets that I currently fancy. Zenit to win to nil @ 2.05 Coral HT/FT - Draw/Zenit @ 4.50 BetVictor No goal before 25:00 @ 1.83 bet365

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FK Austria Wien - Tuesday October 1st Nice reasoning by silzorn and I have to agree,austria will try to defend, so if they manage to get to h/t 0-0 the score is going to be low 1-0 2-0. So the best way to bet win to nil is. 1pt 1-0 1pt 2-0 both priced at about 6/1 general.

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FK Austria Wien - Tuesday October 1st ZENIT vs AUSTIA VIENNA Zenit has excellent attacking skills, they have the creativity and great finishing. In last three games in domestic championship theyve scored 12 goals and their average this season is more than 3 per match!! They have almost none problems with absences, only Sirokov has minor injury and might be spared for this match. Austria showed some solid performances recently but it was mainly due to home turf and their away form is not that impressive. They are the weakest of all opponents in group G and since the others (Porto, Zenit and Atletico) are more or less even team it will be very significant for them to get past Austria with ease. Moreover team from Austria couldnt even handle the pressure in their championship, losing two games in a row and according to Betprepare theyll be seriously weakened by the injuries of Stankovic and Rogulj, two first-team players, as well as Gorgon, Grunwald and Dilaver. Even if Austria was to come with full squad it would be a surprise if they managed to avoid serious defeat here in Russia and with these absences it will be even harder for them. Bet: -1,5 handicap Tip: 1 Odds: 1.75 Cheers ;)

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FK Austria Wien - Tuesday October 1st Despite usually jinxing myself by posting here I'll say the following. This is an absolute must win game for Zenit. They want the knockout stage as much as Atletico and Porto. Austria Vienna have been poor in Austrian domestic football lately and are also in some sort of mini-crisis. Of course they will be defending like hell and hope to get a point. For Zenit it's not only a must-win but also a game where they can do a lot for goal difference. Given that I'd go for handicap win Zenit.

I have taken a look at the last 5 games played by Wien, they have lost each of them by the 1 goal margin. Including vs FC Porto. They also have a tendency to not concede till late on in the game. All of these things tend to point me to the following bets as I am not a fan of the handicap bet, even though Zenit have been winning games by beating that margin. Not sure what I will be taking, but those are the bets that I currently fancy. Zenit to win to nil @ 2.05 Coral HT/FT - Draw/Zenit @ 4.50 BetVictor No goal before 25:00 @ 1.83 bet365
Taking 4pts Zenit to win to nil @ 2.25 Coral now, nothing I see in the team news to put me off.

I might follow you after reading this on espnfc.com Vienna, meanwhile, approach the match in dismal form and with a mounting absentee list. Saturday's defeat at Admira Wacker was a fourth in six games, while injuries to key men Marko Stankovic, Daniel Royer, Alexander Grunwald and Alexander Gorgon have left coach Bjelica with only 18 fit players at his disposal. He said: "We have had a run of games in which we were not able to bring our full potential to the table. "Against Admira we saw how we are struggling to cope with our current injury problems. "The players do not have the fresh legs they need to play at their usual level and therefore our overall game is suffering. "I think we can already start talking about a crisis.":hope
I backed Austria Vienna at Admira on Saturday, and watched most of the game, expecting Austria to dominate and win, as they normally do away at Admira. Austria were very good for the first 15 minutes, but after about 30 minutes, Admira started having the better chances, and it wasn't a great surprise when they took the lead in the second half. Austria faded badly, and ultimately Admira were deserved winners. If Austria play anything like they did on Saturday against Zenit, Zenit should win by at least 2 goals. Zenit -2AH is available for 2.53 on 188Bet, which in theory looks good value (returns stake if Zenit win by 2 goals, more than double your money if they win by more than 2). But I know Zenit can be frustrating to watch and play well below their potential, so I don't think I'll back them pre-match. I might back further Zenit goals in-play if they get a lead though - there might be value there.

Re: Zenit Saint-Petersburg v FK Austria Wien - Tuesday October 1st Agree with the above. Zenit were poor, ref f*cked up and Wien just messed around and didn't have a clue in the final third. A waste of my time watching it and a waste of money betting on it. Bad advert for the CL. Disgrace.

Agree with the above. Zenit were poor' date=' ref f*cked up and Wien just messed around and didn't have a clue in the final third. A waste of my time watching it and [b']a waste of money betting on it
That depends on what you bet on doesn't it? If you had bet against Zenit, believing that they might struggle, it would have been a good bet ...