** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BBOTD Tuesday 17th September

3.10 Thirsk - Nurpur 11/4 Paddy Power BOG I like the look of this horse and she has progressed really nicely on her last three runs and anything near that form should be good enough to take this. She has won twice over 8f on two of her last three starts and it looked to be a case of the trip and not her mark stopping her from scoring again LTO (finished strongly over 7f). Back at 8f and proven on softer ground (currently predicted GS), with a top jockey on board. My only real concern is the sharpness of the track but I trust that Tudhope wont make his challenge too late.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September 3.40 Thirsk - Fieldgunner Kirkup 13/2(Boylesports) 6/1 generally D Barrons runners are in fine form at the moment and Fieldgunner Kirkup contests the race he won last year off a 4lb lower mark. Has won off 82 this season and is back to that mark now on the back of a revival in form last run when denied a clear passage at Newcastle before staying on. That run was the first time he's encountered any cut in the ground since his last win and conditions will be ideal for a repeat win. 1pt win

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September 17.45 Listowel: Security Breach, 9/2 Boylesports, win Security Breach finished 1L behind the re-opposing Call Me Bubbles lto but he gets a five pound swing in the weights so he should reverse that form. The ground and distance should also favour SB more than CMB. Bayan could also be a danger in his handicap debut but I think he could want better ground. Champion trainer Willie Mullins and champion jockey Davy Russell have teamed up for 22 winners from just 56 runners over the last five seasons.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September 3.10pm @ Thirsk 'Nurpur' 11/4 (Ladbrokes) Had this in notebook since last run when got going far too late under Ryan Moore in a good race at York, but absolutely flew home. It was a serious distance behind at the furlong marker but with an extra 50 yards could've won the race. The step back up a furlong today will be a bonus on that evidence and this race looks nothing like the competitive one it could've won last time out, when facing better quality animals than will face today. My biggest actual bet of this month will be on this animal tomorrow, I don't see it not winning. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September Thirsk 2.10 - See The Sun (1 pts win, 4/1 BetVictor) Comes here on the back of a win at Pontefract winning comfortably by three lengths in good style. That race came over 5f so the step to 6f may not be ideal but if he can be ridden with a bit up his sleeve and doesn't go hell for leather it may be okay. I think the opening mark looks fair enough in this first time handicap but it is a pretty decent looking race but think he has every chance of backing up that victory.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September

3.40 Thirsk - Fieldgunner Kirkup 13/2(Boylesports) 6/1 generally D Barrons runners are in fine form at the moment and Fieldgunner Kirkup contests the race he won last year off a 4lb lower mark. Has won off 82 this season and is back to that mark now on the back of a revival in form last run when denied a clear passage at Newcastle before staying on. That run was the first time he's encountered any cut in the ground since his last win and conditions will be ideal for a repeat win. 1pt win
Good luck with this. Burned my fingers on this horse this year, bu if in the right mood he should go really close. :ok

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September 16.35 Stratford - Pateese - 1pt win @ 13\8 Bet365 BOG 8 runner novice chase over 2m 7f on Good to Soft ground. Rule out Big Talk (debut over fences and off the track for 2 years), Potters Dream (Poor hurdler and chase debut) and Mountaineer also has a long absence to overcome and also debut over fences. Another Kate looks to need better ground and on good to soft ground has never been closer than 23l! 2 chase runs and the last was the best but that was on good to firm ground and struggled at the last fence over 2m 4f and may not see out the longer distance. The Emma Lavelle runner Kindly Note makes her chase debut but was inconsistent over hurdles. Should be ok with ground but distance could be an issue. That leaves 3 to consider all at the head of the market. Sail and Return who has won on all types of ground over hurdles and will have no issues with the distance recording victorys from 2m 3f to 3m 3f over hurdles. 2 runs over fences and was 2nd last time at 3m 1f. Probably the biggest danger to the selection. Maller Tree is a decent hurdler with a 2nd in a grade 2 in Ireland and has the champion jockey aboard today and will have no issues with the ground but has struggled at this distance when tried over fence. 3 runs over fences in Ireland and will looks to have jumped OK but never threatening to get involved. Pateese, the selection is also a decent hurdler and has 5 runs over fences improving each time. Ground and distance will be no issue having recorded a win over fences this year over 3m on soft ground and was narrowly beaten by a head last time out by Dineur who is rated 8lb better. Trainer Philip Hobbs has had a good start to the season with chasers (28% SR). Pateese should make his experience count and likely to be better than current mark of 129 over fences and should win despite the 7lb penalty for a win.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September 605 Stratford: Topolski EW 11/1 Coral This horse was very highly regarded a couple of seasons ago and completely lost his way over hurdles since. Just lately i have seen a return to something like the old horse and looks extremely well handicapped nowadays. A decent run on the flat last time showed more evidence of a return to form and his 4th at Market Rasen was a fair effort so ought to be able to get involved in this grade on a track that will suit his flat speed.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September 4.05 Listowel Princess Pearlita 6/4 Bet365 BOG Princess Pearlita lost at lot of ground at the start of her race at Killarney over 1m last month before staying on to finish 3rd. She should handle this ground and no her job better today. The ground is the main fear for Lanyard who makes her debut today while Craic agus Spraoi is respected as her trainer had a double here yesterday. 1 Point win for nap purposes Princess Pearlita 6/4 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September yarm 5.00 - master of war - win at 10/11 bog bet365 Was a decent 2yo last season - won at listed level and finished 2nd in two group two races Ran a nice race on his belated seasonal debut a few weeks ago, beaten a length in a listed race at Newmarket Today represents a drop in class and he might come on a bit for the run after a fairly long lay off Both his man rivals ae older horses who haven't won for a couple of years and might be on a downwatd path now, although both stil capable of decent form, both of them are hold up horses and my chap will probably make the running and get first run on them

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September 17.50 Chepstow Descaro - 1PT Win 16/1 BetVictor With the going at Chepstow now heavy, this race could turn into a test of stamina and one that is used to racing over further is ex hurdler Descaro. He's a previous winner on Good to Soft ground and goes into this race 12lb lower than his previous flat winning mark back in 2011. In 8 starts from May to July he didn't finish out of the first two over hurdles and if he can put in a similar performance on the flat he could go close.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September ive left this late!!!!! 1905 stratford 1pt win mrs jordan 85/40 bet vic not the best race on the card,but i think the venitia williams horse is the one they all have to beat,she finished 4th on her only start in feb this year over todays trip and similiar ground conditions, and i would be hopeful that form and improvement in the mare may be able to win here, and stop my losing run

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 17th September

Thirsk 2.10 - See The Sun (1 pts win, 4/1 BetVictor) Comes here on the back of a win at Pontefract winning comfortably by three lengths in good style. That race came over 5f so the step to 6f may not be ideal but if he can be ridden with a bit up his sleeve and doesn't go hell for leather it may be okay. I think the opening mark looks fair enough in this first time handicap but it is a pretty decent looking race but think he has every chance of backing up that victory.
Santos has the only winner at 15/2 :clap