** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

September 16 - September 22

Re: September 16 - September 22 Back Philipp Kohlschreiber to win ATP Metz for a 1/10 stake at 7.00 with BetVictor Back Benoit Paire to win ATP Metz for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with BetVictor Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is definitely to be opposed here after such a lengthy injury break, so going to go with Philipp Kohlschreiber, who is obviously the second-best player in the first half of the draw. Benoit Paire could also finally deliver something truly tangible with such an easy draw and plenty of motivation on home soil. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-metz-betting-philipp-kohlschreiber-and-benoit-paire-could-make-it-through-to-the-finals-in-metz Back Dmitry Tursunov to win ATP St. Petersburg for a 1/10 stake at 11.00 with Paddy Power Back Fabio Fognini to win ATP St. Petersburg for a 1/10 stake at 11.00 with Paddy Power The tournament in St. Petersburg is always a tricky affair, but I am going to go with the in-form Russian and Fabio Fognini, who might be an unorthodox choice, but who made it to the finals here last year and who is also in the weakest quarter of the entire draw. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-st-petersburg-betting-dmitry-tursunov-and-fabio-fognini-might-shine-in-the-russian-city-of-st-petersburg-this-week Back Klara Zakopalova to win WTA Seoul for a 1/10 stake at 21.00 with Bet365 Back Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to win WTA Seoul for a 1/10 stake at 9.00 with Bet365 Agnieszka Radwanska might be the best player in the draw, but it will be her first appearance in Seoul and that makes her unbackable at such a minuscule price. Zakopalova has a stupidly easy draw early on and should make it to the semis at least, while Pavlyuchenkova looks like the best bet in the second half of the draw. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-seoul-betting-klara-zakopalova-and-anastasia-pavlyuchenkova-look-value-over-in-seoul

Re: September 16 - September 22 Asia opener for me WTA Seoul Round 1 Risa Ozaki to bt Annika Beck @2.22 local bookie (sigh) (5/10) Risa is a promising young 19 yrs old Japan talent. In Taskent last week she played really well (very low percentage of UE's, good serve). She went through tree qualies rounds in Seoul and won all matches very convincingly, each time in two sets, altogehther she lost 11 games. Annika Beck is only by two months older talent from Germany. However, she seldom plays in Asia. I remember her from this year's Bad Gastein tournament played at relatively high attitude, and she really had health problems. Seoul is not located high above the sea level, but the temperatures here are around 30 degrees centigrade and high humidity. Asia tournaments are always tough because of the local wet and warm climate even in September, and I prefer to back local players that has shown good form.

Re: September 16 - September 22 Back Francesca Schiavone (+1.5 sets) to beat Andrea Petkovic for a 2/10 stake at 1.95 with Unibet Strange loss against Jovanovic for Petkovic last time out and, with the conditions being relatively slow, I can see her struggling to put Francesca Schiavone away. Medina-Garrigues was able to return virtually everything against Pavlyuchenkova - and Schiavone is a very decent player in her own right. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/schiavone-vs-petkovic-betting-francesca-schiavone-should-fancy-her-chances-against-andrea-petkovic-in-seoul Back Jie Zheng to beat Yaroslava Shvedova for a 2/10 stake at 1.80 with BetVictor I did trust Shvedova to get back on track in Tashkent last week, but she just continued her poor run of form, so I am more than happy to oppose her here at such a decent price. Zheng beat her in Miami earlier this year and has good memories regarding this event, so I would make her a fairly decent favourite here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zheng-vs-shvedova-betting-jie-zheng-should-be-able-to-deal-with-yaroslava-shvedova-in-guangzhou

Re: September 16 - September 22 1 pick for the ATP Challenger Izmir: MENENDEZ TO DEFEAT A.KRAJICEK @ 1.61 on paddypower/centrebet/interwetten/bet365 Krajicek is really an average American player with virtually no experience playing abroad. Those Americans players traditionally have below average results while playing in Europe. Regardless of the above, Menendez - with solid baseline game and a good serve - is probably a better player than him.

Re: September 16 - September 22

Risa Ozaki to bt Annika Beck @2.22 local bookie (sigh) (5/10) LOSS
Bad luck. Risza serving twice for the match in the second set, yet she managed to lose it. My apology to those who did not cover the bet appropriately. However, Annika is definitely the fade material against in-form Dushevina next round IMO. Waiting for the odds to appear..

Re: September 16 - September 22 Back Vera Dushevina (-1.5 sets) to beat Annika Beck for a 2/10 stake at 2.88 with Paddy Power Fully agree with homunculus here, this should be a match in which Dushevina should be able to dominate. The outright odds are probably good enough, but I am going to go with one of the riskier options today, as the price is simply too good for me to ignore it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dushevina-vs-beck-betting-vera-dushevina-to-have-no-problems-against-the-young-german Back Karolina Pliskova (+1.5 sets) to beat Alize Cornet for a 2/10 stake at 2.22 with Pinnacle Cornet won against Govortsova yesterday, but offered so many break opportunities that it is hard to understand the final scoreline. Pliskova, on the other hand, seems to be on a decent winning streak and wasn't broken in her first match of the week, so I can definitely see her taking a set off the world's number twenty-nine. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pliskova-vs-cornet-betting-karolina-pliskova-looks-value-against-alize-cornet Back Leonardo Mayer to beat Nicolas Mahut for a 2/10 stake at 2.40 with Pinnacle Not sure where this price is coming from, so there you go - Leonardo Mayer looked good in the Davis Cup over the weekend (in conditions that were a bit quicker than those that are on offer in Metz this week), while Nicolas Mahut recorded some horrible losses in recent weeks and might easily struggle once again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mayer-vs-mahut-betting-leonardo-mayer-can-upset-nicolas-mahut-in-metz-on-wednesday

Re: September 16 - September 22 Back Johanna Konta to beat Shuai Zhang for a 2/10 stake at 1.98 with Pinnacle Konta leads the H2H 1-0 and looks like the better player of the two overall, so fancy her chances against Shuai Zhang here. Not only that, but I would also rate her win over Peng as better than Zhang's victory over Hsieh. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/konta-vs-zhang-betting-johanna-konta-should-be-able-to-defeat-shuai-zhang Back Su Jeong Jang to beat Ons Jabeur for a 2/10 stake at 3.39 with Pinnacle Zakopalova might have been quite off against Jang, but, from what I have seen, the Korean played really well and should have every chance against Ons Jabeur, who is hardly the pinnacle of consistency. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jang-vs-jabeur-betting-su-jeong-jang-looks-value-to-produce-yet-another-upset-in-seoul

Re: September 16 - September 22 I've taken Monica Puig to beat Vania King at 1.61 (topcat) King came through qualifying and played 3 consecutive 3-setters coming into this match, while Puig has spent much less time on court. Nice win over Jovanoski last night for King, but Bojana seemed to decide she was ready to go home early 3rd. Also would rate Puig as the better player at the moment tbh, and she should really be looking at this draw as a really good opportunity for her to maybe claim her 1st title on WTA circuit.

Re: September 16 - September 22 Back Kenny de Schepper to beat Gilles Simon for a 2/10 stake at 3.00 with Pinnacle Gilles Simon hasn't played since Cincinnati, so it is really hard to know where he is at right now - and his form before that wasn't exactly brilliant either. Kenny de Schepper should like the conditions a bit more and played well in his first match of the week, so this price looks pretty good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/de-schepper-vs-simon-betting-kenny-de-schepper-to-get-his-chances-against-gilles-simon-in-metz

Re: September 16 - September 22

Back Kenny de Schepper to beat Gilles Simon for a 2/10 stake at 3.00 with Pinnacle Gilles Simon hasn't played since Cincinnati, so it is really hard to know where he is at right now - and his form before that wasn't exactly brilliant either. Kenny de Schepper should like the conditions a bit more and played well in his first match of the week, so this price looks pretty good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/de-schepper-vs-simon-betting-kenny-de-schepper-to-get-his-chances-against-gilles-simon-in-metz
Hi Czech, I´m not sure about that. De Schepper hasn´t won any match since Wimbledon !!! In round 1 he won against Galung who played his first match away from clay since april and didn´t know the conditions. As you said we don´t know anything about the actual form of Simon after he retired injured in Cincinnatti so this will be a meeting with big questionmarks on both sides - a typical NO BET for me ! Best luck with your tip !!!

Re: September 16 - September 22 that may have been my cruelest loss in tennis ever, and trust me i know how volatile the circuits are, especially wta. partly also due to stake as I really did fancy Puig in this matchup. Puig was up 6-1, 5*-2 (30-0) and loses in 3rd set TB. She even led 3-1 in the 3rd set, but i guess the 19 yr old still has a way to go mentally to put it all together. ouch. Just when I had swore off the lower level tournies...

Re: September 16 - September 22 Bad bet on de Schepper from me :( Back Yvonne Meusburger to beat Shuai Zhang for a 2/10 stake at 2.22 with Pinnacle Not sure what the odds are about here, as Yvonne Meusburger is certainly the better player of the two. Zhang in decent form, but Meusburger also on a roll with plenty of superb wins in recent weeks and months, so fancy her here to get the job done really. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/meusburger-vs-zhang-betting-yvonne-meusburger-to-stop-zhang-s-impressive-run

Re: September 16 - September 22 I don't think the De Schepper bet was a bad one. He just didn't turn up. There was no value on Simon at all and even though the bet lost I still think it was the right play. It's the hardest thing to get your head around as a punter but sometimes good bets lose. Equally, bad bets can win. Whether a bet wins or loses doesn't determine whether it was worth it or not, as odd as it sounds.

Re: September 16 - September 22 Hi Czech Punter, 1-6 1-6 against Meusberger. What a mess !!! But don´t worry. We all know these bad runs and you certainly are on such a run --- but (and that is the good news) there will come a winning run for sure. So keep up the good work here and don´t get frustrated, it´s only a matter of time till the money comes back to your pocket.

Re: September 16 - September 22 Maybe, although I am just not seeing it for some reason. Kamke got a set, but he was under pressure throughout the entire match and should have lost in two really. Meanwhile, Mayer looked pretty poor against Berlocq, a guy that he should be beating easily in these conditions. Unless Tsonga starts making plenty of errors, Mayer should not be able to get close to him.

Re: September 16 - September 22 I'm considering a punt on Cirstea in her opening match over Goerges. If Cirstea wasn't coming in on the heels of a couple of questionable results, particularly that 2nd round loss to Nara, it would be an easier decision for me. But Goerges has been just dismal in singles all year and expect to see Cirstea go through. Does anyone know where I could see the press conference for Cirstea from after her 2nd round match? i just spent a few min looking for it and can't find it anywhere, thx.

Re: September 16 - September 22 Not big fan of chalk, but what abou Halep do totally steamroll Pavlyuchenkova tomorrow in Tokyo? Pavly just played Seoul Final - lost with ARad, and about 29 hours later she is due to play with Halep in Tokyo. Unless the officials postpone her match, she is a dead woman I think :-) Odds about 1.35-1.40 for Halep.

Re: September 16 - September 22 No talk about Metz final with Tsonga and Simon?! Match of the day me thinks. Expecting Tsonga to continue his dominance over Simon on this turf (unbeaten). Straight sets win for Tsonga 2-0 priced at 2.25 looks appealing but with low stakes as Thonga played two 3-setters to get here while Simon cruised through in straight sets his last three.