Announcements
** August Nap's Competition Result : 1st Thebestthere, 2nd Glavintoby, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, KO Cup Steve75, Most Winners Alastair, York Comp: Thebestthere**
**August Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Yossa6133 £45, 3rd Like2Fish £30**
Sign in to follow this  
Aidymac

Scottish Football > 14th & 15th September

Saturday 14 September 2013 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hearts v Celtic (12:30 BST) 7 4.7 1.49 102.68 %
maximize.gif Kilmarnock v Inverness Caledonian Thistle (15:00 BST) 3.9 3.35 2.12 102.66 %
maximize.gif Partick Thistle v Aberdeen (15:00 BST) 3.5 3.35 2.26 102.67 %
maximize.gif St Johnstone v Hibernian (15:00 BST) 1.91 3.6 4.45 102.61 %
maximize.gif St Mirren v Motherwell (15:00 BST) 3.75 3.6 2.08 102.52 %
Sunday 15 September 2013 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Ross County v Dundee United (12:45 BST) 3.12 3.35 2.45 102.67 %
maximize.gif Alloa Athletic v Dumbarton (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.4 2.75 111.23 %
maximize.gif Cowdenbeath v Falkirk (15:00 BST) 3.1 3.5 2 110.83 %
maximize.gif Dundee v Hamilton Academical (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.4 2.75 111.23 %
maximize.gif Queen of the South v Raith Rovers (15:00 BST) 2 3.5 3.1 110.83 %
maximize.gif Airdrieonians v Stranraer (15:00 BST) 1.83 3.6 3.5 110.89 %
maximize.gif Brechin City v Dunfermline Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.37 3.4 2.6 109.98 %
maximize.gif East Fife v Forfar Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.3 3.4 2.62 110.99 %
maximize.gif Rangers v Arbroath (15:00 BST) 1.16 6 15 109.05 %
maximize.gif Stenhousemuir v Ayr United (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.25 2.5 110.77 %
maximize.gif Albion Rovers v Berwick Rangers (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.5 2.87 110.97 %
maximize.gif Clyde v East Stirlingshire (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.25 2.5 110.77 %
maximize.gif Elgin City v Montrose (15:00 BST) 2 3.5 3.1 110.83 %
maximize.gif Peterhead v Queens Park (15:00 BST) 1.5 3.8 6 109.65 %
maximize.gif Stirling Albion v Annan Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.05 3.5 3 110.69 %

Re: Scottish Football > 14th & 15th September Thinking to take Rangers -2AH. Looks like they are to good for this league and should get players who couldnt play in first few rounds. Still. dont follow this league closely, so help is welcome.

Re: Scottish Football > 14th & 15th September Whats about Kilmarnock Win against Leader Inverness. See Inverness not such a Top-Favorit like the odds do. Also H2H are not so bad for Kilmarnock. Any important missings?

Re: Scottish Football > 14th & 15th September

Thinking to take Rangers -2AH. Looks like they are to good for this league and should get players who couldnt play in first few rounds. Still. dont follow this league closely' date=' so help is welcome.[/quote'] Rangers is too good for this league. So far they have crushed most of the teams in this league. Its a very poor poor league and Rangers will bulldoze through 90% of the matches in this league. I am looking at -2.5 handicap myself.

Rangers is too good for this league. So far they have crushed most of the teams in this league. Its a very poor poor league and Rangers will bulldoze through 90% of the matches in this league. I am looking at -2.5 handicap myself.
Rangers were way too good for the Third Division last year and won 69% of their games, not 90%. I'm waiting for the right moment to start taking draws in their games at 6 to 1.

Rangers were way too good for the Third Division last year and won 69% of their games' date=' [b']not 90%. I'm waiting for the right moment to start taking draws in their games at 6 to 1.
I meant that as a figure of speech and not literally.

Re: Scottish Football > 14th & 15th September One for me just now, may be back later. Aberdeen (0AH) away to Partick Thistle (2.00 with Pinnacle) Fair play to Thistle for the start they've made back in the top flight, but I think they'll struggle to score goals against the best defences in the league, and there's no doubt Aberdeen's backline is one of them. The Dons also have a problem hitting the back of the net, but they carry enough of a threat with McGinn and Hayes and they should have enough here to come away unscathed. good luck!

Re: Scottish Football > 14th & 15th September A stand out bet to me is Rangers (-2) 11/10 with McBookie. (They are at home to Arbroath) As a fan of East Fife, I've seen Rangers play in the league this year and the gulf in class is really obvious. In 4 league games this year, Rangers have beaten a 2 goal handicap in each game Rangers 4 Brechin 1 Stranraer 0 Rangers 3 Airdrie 0 Rangers 6 Rangers 5 East Fife 0. The transfer embargo they were under has now passed, so they can use the players listed as "trialists" as freely as they wish. Last season I think they struggled with the type of football played, but this year they really seem to be clicking and I'd certainly not be surprised to see them keep a perfect record at Ibrox.

One for me just now, may be back later. Aberdeen (0AH) away to Partick Thistle (2.00 with Pinnacle) Fair play to Thistle for the start they've made back in the top flight, but I think they'll struggle to score goals against the best defences in the league, and there's no doubt Aberdeen's backline is one of them. The Dons also have a problem hitting the back of the net, but they carry enough of a threat with McGinn and Hayes and they should have enough here to come away unscathed. good luck!
Worth noting that Aberdeen lost Russell Anderson today to a broken hand, likely to miss a few weeks http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24084938

Re: Scottish Football > 14th & 15th September Injuries and suspensions for today games: Hearts FC v Celtic FC Hearts FC: Ryan Stevenson Celtic FC: Steven Mouyokolo, Nir Biton (newcomer), James Forrest St. Mirren v Motherwell FC St. Mirren: - Motherwell FC: Simon Ramsden, Fraser Kerr, Euan Murray Alloa Athletic v Dumbarton FC Alloa Athletic: Eddie Fearns, Iain Flanagan Dumbarton FC: Nicky Phinn, Steven McDougall, Garry Fleming (doubtful) Livingston FC v Greenock Morton Livingston FC: Jack Beaumont Greenock Morton: Reece Hands, Thomas O'Ware, Joe McKee Airdrie United v Stranraer FC Airdrie United: John Boyle, Martin Hardie, Chris O'Neil (doubtful) Stranraer FC: - East Fife v Forfar Athletic East Fife: Christian Nade Forfar Athletic: Mark McCulloch, Keith Gibson, Martyn Fotheringham Albion Rovers v Berwick Rangers Albion Rovers: Peter Innes, Barry Russell, Scott Sally Berwick Rangers: Lewis Turner, Dougie Brydon, Owen Ronald Clyde FC v East Stirlingshire Clyde FC: David Marsh, Sean Fitzharris East Stirlingshire: Rhys Devlin, Nathan Shepherd, Michael Herd

Re: Scottish Football > 14th & 15th September Looking at the AH line in the Rangers game, -3 is currently at 2.675 @ bet365, while -2.5 is at 2.025 . Definite value in the -3 with the cover if they only win by 3 goals, with the same reasons as listed above.:hope

Re: Scottish Football > 14th & 15th September For anyone interested, the first round of the Scottish Cup is today - all SFA member clubs outwith the SPFL enter at this stage of the competition, including some of the very weakest sides, which usually results in some severe mismatches and thrashings. In recent years, the bookies' lack of knowledge on these teams has lead to some over-generous odds which has been great for punters. This year, the draw hasn't been so kind; two of the usual whipping boys (Fort William and Newton Stewart) have been drawn against each other, limiting such opportunities. The biggest mismatch of the round, however, is Inverurie Loco Works v Burntisland Shipyard. Inverurie are one of the more solid Highland League teams, currently third in the table with five wins from six games, whereas Shipyard are a weak amateur side and arguably out of their depth at this level - these are their results from recent years: 2010/11: Glasgow University 1-0 Burntisland Shipyard 2011/12: Culter 4-0 Burntisland Shipyard 2012/13: Turriff United 6-1 Burntisland Shipyard (It's also worth noting that in 2010/11, Glasgow University lost their second round match 8-1 against Junior side Beith.) The odds on the home win - hovering around 1/8 - reflect the mismatch between the sides, but a legendary Betfair forumite who goes by the name superbigal has uncovered a great find. In recent years, his tips have helped forumites win thousand of pounds on handicap bets on the biggest mismatches; this year, the draw hasn't been so conducive to this, and bookies generally seem to be more cautious with these games, but the website youwin.com is offering a wide range of odds on these games, and they have the Inverurie clean sheet up at evens. This looks well overpriced. On the one hand, anyone who saw San Marino v Poland in midweek will know that this bet always carries this unpredictable risk. At these odds, however, I reckon this one is an attractive proposition.

A stand out bet to me is Rangers (-2) 11/10 with McBookie. (They are at home to Arbroath) As a fan of East Fife, I've seen Rangers play in the league this year and the gulf in class is really obvious. In 4 league games this year, Rangers have beaten a 2 goal handicap in each game Rangers 4 Brechin 1 Stranraer 0 Rangers 3 Airdrie 0 Rangers 6 Rangers 5 East Fife 0. The transfer embargo they were under has now passed, so they can use the players listed as "trialists" as freely as they wish. Last season I think they struggled with the type of football played, but this year they really seem to be clicking and I'd certainly not be surprised to see them keep a perfect record at Ibrox.
Looked a bit dodgy when they went one nil down at the start of the second half. Ran out 5-1 winners in the end. Hope some of you got on Sent from my GT-I9100 using PL Forum