** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Schalke 04 v Steaua Bucuresti > Wed 18th September

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Schalke 04 v Steaua Bucuresti (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Steaua Bucuresti > Wed 18th September I believe Steaua is too big here. They improved alot in past 2 years and the team gelled well. This season they didn't lose any official game yet, recording draws and victories, both in LIGA I and the CHL Qualifications. They won 5:0 last round in the Romanian League with coach resting more of the first team players, preparing them for this game. If they can focus on the field without showing signs of panic I'm pretty sure they can lift up their game and cause trouble to the German side. Next game is against Chelsea so they would have more chances taking something from Shalke. Don't know much about Shalke, but they seem to have a bad start of the season, conceding 9 goals in first 5 games and find themselves in half of the table. I understood Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is still injured and will miss tonight's game. Althought they won last 2 games in Bundesliga, I believe Steaua could have some chances here. Last time these two sides met in Germany, it ended 2:1 for Shalke and Steaua wasn't at the power they are now. Odds are good for Steaua to score tonight, my local bookie pricing them at 1.75 to score. Maybe if someone who follows Shalke or Bundesliga more closely, can provide some feedback also and we try find some value bet here together. For now I'm taking Steaua to Score @ 1.75 - 4/10 Points

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Steaua Bucuresti > Wed 18th September I'm going to go the opposite. Schalke were strong in last seasons CL getting to the last 16 and have good quality players like Huntelaar (if fit), Szalai, Farfan and Goretzka along with the in form Draxler. With Chelsea the obvious favs to win the group Schalke will see this is a must win (as with Basel at home) if they want to progress. Steaua lost star defender Vlad Chiriches to spurs and I see Schalke being too strong for them. Home win.

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Steaua Bucuresti > Wed 18th September Schalke can let people to confusion most of the times. They have a strange character and it always reflects to the pitch. They started season with losses and terrible football. After that period they gained their first win but lost key forward Huntelaar with injury but new signing Szalai showed remarkable games especially at Greece by scoring 2 goals which also enable Schalke to champions league. On the last day of transfer day they captured Boateng from Milan. This is a huge move and this movement enabled team to make 2 game win series at Bundesliga. Tonight they have important player missing from regular 11. Huntelaar, key defender Papadopoulos, midfield Obasi, and Anthony Annan are missing for quite sometime. So dont get confused with all these injuries. Team has been getting used to deal with this injury problem. On last of signing they also captured Dennis Aogo from Hamburg and this give them more choice on left side, since fuchs has been playin on this team without having a serious replacement. Tonight draxler, farfan, boateng will join szalai on attack. Joel matip once again will move to defence to pair with captain Höwedes. I dont know about Steaua much but i know that they lost key defence player to Tottenham and they dont replace him with a signing. Maybe somebody can be more helpful here. I'm expecting an win from Schalke with covering handicap. Line movement also showed the trend.i guess game can finish with 3-1 2-0

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Steaua Bucuresti > Wed 18th September Steaua bought a defender, Varela from Vaslui for 1.4m, Kapetanos from CFR Cluj and Neagu from Otelul Galati, all three of them good players but the replacement for Chiriches will be Gardos, a tall defender with similar attributes as Chiriches. They can score tonight with very fast attacking players like Stanciu and winger Ad. Popa but also with in form Cristi Tanase, a good left winger who cuts inside the box very often. I'll go for both sides to score at around 1.90.

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Steaua Bucuresti > Wed 18th September Bookies are not crazy. Ofcourse odds on schalke are low in our opinion but that is not for nothing. They are strong at home and Boateng gave them the last push to succeed this season. They will get even stronger when huntelaar returns but for now there is enough quality to deliver against a romanian side like steaua. I like to back german teams at home in europe cause they almost always raise their game with a fantastic crown and a great atmosphere. Bundesliga is rising and for sure their will be a full house tonight. I dont think steaua can cope with that. They lkst away against ajax also. Well, I was there and they put up a good fight physically but if we talk about good possesion or tactics. Sorry but im not convinced. Schalke also has physical power and some great players too. Steaua lost a important defender and I dont think they can hold schalke off from scoring goals. I see a home win here for sure and if they lead bu halftime it could easily end 2-0 3-0. Goodluck guys

Re: FC Schalke 04 v Steaua Bucuresti > Wed 18th September At first glance, Steaua look possible value here at odds of 8.5 with several bookies. They only lost 2-1 in Schalke in the Europa League 2 years ago, and drew the home game 0-0, and I'm not sure the gap between the teams is any bigger now than it was then.

• 2 weeks later...