** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AC Milan v Celtic > Wed 18th September

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Milan v Celtic (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: AC Milan v Celtic > Wed 18th September I'm huge fan of AC Milan or should I say AC Hospital. Our situation is not good right now. Gabriel, Abate, Bonera, Vergara, Silvestre, De Sciglio, Montolivo, Kaka, Saponara, El Shaarawy, Niang and Pazzini are injured, while Poli is doubtful but probably he will play. Only five game and the half of team is injured. So for those who don't follow Milan, Abate, De Sciglio, Montolivo, Kaka and El Shaarawy are important player for Milan others are or bench players or long term injury like Pazzini. But the problem is Milan midfielders except Poli others are not so good or destructive players like Muntari and De Jong. Galiani said they will take 3 or 4 players from youth team. Alegri doesn't have other choice he must play Zaccardo who was awful against Torino and Celtic will probably try to attack on that side. Balo is out of form or he just play like primadona I don't have other explanation. Oh I almost forgot Alegri better pray God not to get any injury on this game especially in defense because youth player will be substitution. I think Alegri will start something like this. Abiati Zaccardo, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson/Constant Muntari, Poli, De Jong Robinho Matri Balotelli I don't see other available player except this. Maybe Nocerino but that will be suicide he is not out of form but he is not good enough to play even in Serie B. Birsa is another choice but c'mon he has quality for this kind of game right? If Milan was playing against other team I would suggest to play X2 double chance here but Celtic are far from team they used to be. I found for them that Steven Mouyokolo and James Forrest will not play. I think to play under 2.5 here and odds are going down but I will wait for some info about Celtic, any thought would be helpfull

Re: AC Milan v Celtic > Wed 18th September good info thanks a lot. i think celtic will go for all three points here as they face much harder teams later in competition and will be thinking the least they could get out of them are draws in the future which emphasises even more their aim to go for a win against italians who are not renown for their fast physical games. as we've seen from celtic over the years they get motivated for these types of games

Re: AC Milan v Celtic > Wed 18th September The only players that are "really" missing are Abate and Montolivo. Matri is a very good striker, the only problem is Robinho. He was rubish last Saturday. I think Celtic have no chance even against Milan's B team in San Siro.

Re: AC Milan v Celtic > Wed 18th September

The only players that are "really" missing are Abate and Montolivo. Matri is a very good striker' date=' the only problem is Robinho. He was rubish last Saturday. I think Celtic have no chance even against Milan's B team in San Siro.[/quote'] Robinho was not the only problem last Saturday. It was the whole team except Poli, Mexes and De Jong. You think that De Sciglio is not missing player who worth about 30 m euro now? Emanuelson who couldn't even play for Fulham is good enough to replace him or Constant the man with one leg? You know why Alegri used to play Emanuelson as a left winger because he is not good defensively. So if he play Milan will be vulnerable at the defense especially with Zaccardo in the game. He is so bad a can't even think about it. Midfielders Alegri always play with De Jong and Muntari. WHich team still play with 2 destructive players? Where the creativity will come from in this game if only Montolivo is important tell me. Poli maybe and who else??? Robinho is awful just like you said so missing Kaka and El Shaawary is much more important then you thought. Matri is good striker that's why Juventus sold him because they don't need good players, give me a break Back in glory days od AC Milan i would say 80% of the starters would have been good bench players nothing more. Milan need creative players and they don't have it right now. Like I said I would love to play here on Celtic but they are not good enough either. They barely beat Shaktar K. and Elfsborg. Milan maybe will win this game 1-0 or something like that but they is absolutely no value in these odds

Matri is good strike, but he is poacher... Poli also is not 100% fit for the match, but i also think he will play. Allegri said that Zaccardo, Mexes, Zapata, De Jong, Nocerino (wtf?), Matri, Balotelli, will play for sure.
I just saw the news Poli is doubtful(he will be fit for Napoli) and still not news if he will be on the bench or not. certainly won't play in starting 11 so this is huge problem for Milan. Now midfielders will be Nocerino, De Jong, Muntari and Alegri said he is thinking between Birsa and Robinho. Now I can only say God help us. I think this will be one boring game. Defense and midfield will be problem for Milan especially with Zaccardo but Celtic couldn't score on road against Elfsborg and Shakhtar K. which probably have four player in defense like Zaccardo

Re: AC Milan v Celtic > Wed 18th September Kaka just arrived, he is my fav player but had a bad game against Torino and I still think that Matri can replace very well El Shaarawy in a match with a team like Celtic. If they don't beat Celtic at home, it will be a disaster because Celtic are the weakest from this group in my opinion.

Re: AC Milan v Celtic > Wed 18th September This does seem to be a good time to play AC Milan with all the injuries they have, the latest list I have seen is Abate, De Sciglio, Silvestre, Bonera, Pazzini, Montelivo, El Shaarawy. Celtic were very poor in their last two away games in the qualifiers drawing 0-0 in Elfsborg but we struggled to keep possession and were hanging on a bit by the end and also were very poor against Karagandy losing 2-0. I think and hope we will see a different Celtic tomorrow night though, in those games our new signings hadn't had a chance to bed in yet, we now have Boerrigter a Dutch winger signed from Ajax on board who has Champions League experience along with Finish striker Teemu Pukki who scored on his debut against Hearts at the weekend and Dutch centre back Virgil Van Dijk has now had a good few games in the league under his belt to settle in. Lennon dropped Efe Ambrose away to Karagandy which was a mistake as we saw Muoyokolo and Van Dijk who had never played together and the latter seriously looked to be lacking match fitness. In both of these games Lennon also dropped Anthony Stokes and played Samaras as a lone striker when he is much more effective playing wide left which left him isolated. I'm hoping Lennon has learned from this as Anthony Stokes is in hot form and we now have the option of the pacy Pukki who has played the lone striker role for Finland so I would expect one of the two to start up front flanked by Samaras and either Boerrigter/Matthews with Commons in behind which would give Celtic far more of a goal threat than in the away qualifiers. I'd tend to look more at Celtics CL away games last year as a fairer reflection in which both teams scored in every group game, Celtic won 3-2 in Moscow, lost 2-1 to both Barcelona and Benfica. Would expect Celtic to line up along the lines of : Forster Lustig Ambrose Van Dijk Izaguirre/ Mulgrew Brown Ledley/Mulgrew Commons Boerrigter/Matthews Samaras Stokes/Pukki I think if Lennon is positive we have some options in the final third to cause problems against a Milan backline missing some players and the likes of Samaras/Boerrigter/Matthews/ Pukki have the pace to hit on the break. I think Celtic have a decent chance of nicking a goal as long as Lennon plays with one of Stokes or Pukki with Samaras deeper. The likes of Matri, Balotelli and Robinho will fancy their chances against a Celtic defence that won't be protected by the powerful presence of Wanyama in the Champions League this season and we will need goalkeeper Fraser Forster to have another fantastic performance like he showed he was capable of in last years games. Milan are rightly favourites and I'd say the most likely scorelines are 2-1 or 3-1 Milan but I do think Celtic can cause some problems for the Italians and if we defend really well and have a strong refereeing performance we have an outside chance of nicking something. I think both teams to score at 2.15 could be worth a look.

Kaka just arrived' date=' he is my fav player but had a bad game against Torino and I still think that Matri can replace very well El Shaarawy in a match with a team like Celtic. If they don't beat Celtic at home, it will be a disaster because Celtic are the weakest from this group in my opinion.[/quote'] Matri and El Shaarawy are total different type of players. With Montolivo, Poli and Kaka out we do need someone like El Shaarawy who can be productive even like a trenquista. Matri is more scorer he can't play outside the box. Kaka yep he wasn't that good was he? But still he is the best player he have on that position, other one is promising Saponara but we never saw him so far, last updates he will be ready for Napoli. And I never said Milan won't win just saying there is no value in 1.50 odds. If the odds raise up to 1.80 tomorrow I will maybe take a risk to play on Milan but if not, with too many destructive players in the middle I will try with under 2.5, 1.90 local bookies. Celtic are not good team I know that and I will be more than happy if Milan will win tomorrow but I will not put my money on them, that's all

Re: AC Milan v Celtic > Wed 18th September 3pts AC Milan to win by one goal 5/2 Ladbrokes Celtic have shown in recent seasons that they should be respected but I think Milan should just about have enough to come through here. With all their injuries I don’t see them running away with this match but we must remember Celtic lost to Shakhter Karagandy in an away leg of a qualifying round. AC Milan still have quality in the form of Balotelli, Muntari, Robinho and others and they can edge a one goal win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ac-milan-vs-celtic-betting-injury-plagued-milan-can-edge-out-celtic-in-the-san-siro