** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC København v Juventus > Tue 17th September

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC København v Juventus (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: FC København v Juventus > Tue 17th September The local bookie offers the odds of 2.00 for Juventus to win without conceding, and I like it. Copenhagen are far from last season's form, after 8 rounds they've managed to pick only one win, and find themselves at the third place from the bottom. I do not know the reason for such performances, but it seems to me that they are struggling. Believe it or not, they have conceded in every game of the season. Juventus are an experienced side, and up until their match-up with Bayern last season in the champions league, they were one of the most solid European teams. This year they have added variety to their attacking options, and seem to have enough depth to expect long and solid runs in both domestic and European competitions. Aside from Copenhagen, Juventus also has Real Madrid and Galatasaray to play against in this group, and those are four tough games, which need to be played well in order to secure the points. It would seem that six points against Copenhagen are a must. I expect Juventus to do well in this game from the start, having the majority of the possession and controlling the midfield, but probably without going all-out attack on Copenhagen. Italians are often satisfied with 1:0 - 2:0 wins, so that might be the case here as well, with Copenhagen possibly resisting until the half-time. First rounds in Europe tend to bring surprises every season, but tonight I see them happening elsewhere. Juventus to win without conceding @ 2.00 (local) Half time draw - full time away win @ 4.2 (will hill) Juventus to win to nil and Leverkusen to score (@1.55) seem like a nice combo to me. Good luck with your bets.

Re: FC København v Juventus > Tue 17th September I keep being reminded of that FCN game as it is very similar to this one, Juve were massive favourites and dominated the game missing tons of chances and eventually drew 1-1. The difference is this year they have Tevez who is a world class forward and Llorente to call on from the bench if required. Nobody could really form a decent argument against Juve winning this but at 1.4 they hardly look attractive. 2.3 to win to nil looks more attractive considering how good they are at defending and how bad Kobenhavn have been this season, it's a big risk to play clean sheet bets in group stage games though.

Re: FC København v Juventus > Tue 17th September Juve look the banker of the coupon for me in the CL this midweek. You can pick holes in pretty much every good thing, Barca not playing that well, too short @ 1/6, Real didnt look good the last 2 games, 1/2 away no thanks, Benfica havent been pulling up many trees formwise, 2.5 too short, same with Schalke, 2/5 against a steaua team unbeaten this season, even Bayern, 1/6 on last years form yes, this year theyve played very defensively under pep, and cska arent that bad as to be complete no hopers, PSG have a few defenders out, and Chelsea played bad at the weekend and the strikers arent in the best form. But with Juve, the ONLY question is the mentality theyll approach the game in, and for me, with it being the 1st game of the group and knowing that the other teams will prob beat a bad danish team too, they simply have to win this game. It also helps that the danes appear beaten before theyve played. Id never back a team to win to nil, so im quite happy with the bookamkers 1.45, given that its 1.40 @ betfair. Theyll score at some stage, and if copenhagen nick one, they`ll score 2, simple. The other good thing of the CL week who I cant really fault is Atletico to bt Zenit. 8/13 is a great price given if it was Real at home to Zenit theyd be 1/4, and in current form Atletico are at least level with Real, if not better! Im doubling these 2 for an interest in both nights games :hope

Re: FC København v Juventus > Tue 17th September Guys, I agree with your statements, however while I am well aware of what happened last year with FCN, I do feel the situation is a bit different now. As you already mentioned, both FCN and Copenhagen were different at the beginning of the campaign last season. I didn't have the opportunity to watch any of Copenhagen's games this year, but I did follow some of their matches at the end of the last season. My impression is that, in the domestic championship, Copenhagen liked to play the possession game in "quantity over quality" manner, having the majority of the possession and, while scoring goals regularly, they wasted a lot of chances in the process. Even if they were at their best which they obviously aren't at the moment, I don't believe they would have as much room for mistakes and wasted opportunities against serious sides such as Juventus, so if they manage to get an opportunity it's pretty much do or die situation, without room for mistakes. I don't know how will they manage to adapt to playing on counter attacks as they are not used to that, while Juve has to deal with that regularly in Serie A. If there is someone who follows Copenhagen this year, I would appreciate some input on them. It would be nice to know if I got the wrong impression. Cheers.

Re: FC København v Juventus > Tue 17th September

anyone know why the line is dropping? The spread was -1.5 yesterday and now it's -1.
I think it is just bookies extracting any money they can and then some more :) Basically you are selling you product for a greater prize to those who want it earlier and then to others who are still hesitant you offer a better prize, to still make some profit. Most of the CL odds have moved that way for example FC Viktoria Plzen v Manchester City was 7.7 4.35 1.5 and is now [TABLE] [TR] [TD]4.65 [/TD] [TD] 3.65 [/TD] [TD] 1.75 [/TD] [TD] lot of amateur betters are betting for their favourite clubs or on a clubs with a big name. They don't care for the value or odds, it is betting just for fun (or misery). I always take late odds when betting on the bigger club and early when I think the underdog has more chance to win. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FC København v Juventus > Tue 17th September

I would be aware of backing Juve here on any line simply because it's too early and if you look back at the time they've drawed with FCN last year in the group phase so no bet here for me GL with your bets!
Fck :D I hope i didn't jinx with that statement sorry guys for the lost picks...