** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August

[TABLE=class: odds allOdds] [TR] [TH]v6122.gif[/TH] [TH]v6303.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6385.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6312.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6424.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6318.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6173.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR]

[TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]FC Bayern München[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.68[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]1.77[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.68[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.77[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.78[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Draw[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]3.85[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Chelsea[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]5.1[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B X hover, bgcolor: #EBEBFD, align: center]5.1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August Bayern rested 4 of their best away to Freiburg mid-week and it cost them 2 points, just to give an indication of how much they want to beat Chelsea here. I think Guardiola has taken them one step backwards from the treble winning side. He took perfection and started playing with it. Saying that, they are still well capable of beating chelsea at this present moment. All I keep hearing out of of the Bayern camp is that this isn't about revenge. You know what that means...;)

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August

Bayern rested 4 of their best away to Freiburg mid-week and it cost them 2 points, just to give an indication of how much they want to beat Chelsea here. I think Guardiola has taken them one step backwards from the treble winning side. He took perfection and started playing with it. Saying that, they are still well capable of beating chelsea at this present moment. All I keep hearing out of of the Bayern camp is that this isn't about revenge. You know what that means...;)
Watched all the Bayern games so far and they aren't 'yet' as good as last season as Pep has them playing 4-1-4-1 rather than the successful 4-2-3-1 last season was built on. Problem with the new formation to me is that it isn't as good defensively as they seem to be left exposed to the counter attack on numerous occasions as the midfield attacks as a bank of 4 and when they lose the ball it's only Schwein defending - whereas before they had Schwein and Martinez. He doesn't know his best team yet, been rotating quite heavily in midfield and now you can add a fit again Gotze to the mix, whatever he is trying to do there is no way on earth that formation will serve them better than what they were doing last season, it's too rigid and predictable, they aren't scoring the goals they did last season for a reason. Chelsea look too big here for me, I doubt if they will win but I don't think a draw is out of the question. Think Chelsea +1.0AH at 1.75 if available at ko is the play, the Chelsea forwards will certainly be able to get a bit of space on the ball if Bayern are attacking and if Pep wants the midfield to cover this area better they will be relying a hell of a lot on Robbery (Rib and Rob!) to create chances.

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August i watched the freiburg v bayern game and bayern should have won but didn't look anything special. pizarro looks past it, both full backs didn't do much (rafinha and contento) schweinsteiger just sat in front of the defence and then went off injured. Lahm came on and played as a defensive midfielder which was obviously an experiment. The best player and most potemt threat was shaqiri who looked to me worthy of a first team place. Obviously the likes of robben,ribery,mandzukic,lahm,alaba and martinez will come back in for tonight (i'm assumin martinez is fit didn't notice him on the bench). Chelsesa will need to sort out their striking problems to be effective-if they play torres they may as well play with 10 men, maybe time to try Lukaku. The experiment with Schurrle didn't work and if they try this again they will surely lose tonight.

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August Martinez has been out injured so far this season, he might be back for this game though..where does he fit in though? He is a defensive midfielder in the Khedira mould - he doesn't fit in this formation. He could play Schwein in a more forward role as it appears he isn't going to go back to 4-2-3-1 a formation which suited Schwein and Martinez perfectly. He has so many options it is ridiculous and there is no way he will able to keep them all happy. Remember Schwein might be out injured for this, Thiago is already out so they either bring in Martinez after a month out to play defensive midfield or move someone out of position to play there, Schwein should be fit though I think. I'll wait to see the teams but I wouldn't put any serious money on this, too many questions around both teams for me.

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August The most important Super Cup of the season will take place tonight! Although these two managers didn't bring their teams to this stage, their wish to lift the trophy is most certainly big. Guardiola has taken Bayern over and he had two hiccups. One against BVB (4:2) in German Super Cup and the other couple days ago against Freiburg (1:1), Super Cup was the first trophy Guardiola lost this season and the draw with Freiburg shouldn't mean too much at this stage of the Bundesliga. As for Mourinho there is not much to be said. He remains the "Special One" and latest interview where he said “I always have reasons for my options. I feel it is my duty to explain to the players my options, I don't think it’s my duty to explain to the media.” makes me respect him even more. I think that he could've won the game against Manchester United if he wanted to and that the sole reason that game finished 0-0 was that he wanted it to stay that way, he is happy with 1 point from that fixture. Squad wise, both teams will be able to field their strongest line-ups as there is nothing to save for at this point. 3rd and 4th most expensive clubs will try everything they can so they lift the trophy. The only problem I see here is that bookies have placed Bayern as great favorite and I see pure value at DC X2 as I feel this match will be very very tight. Chelsea X2 @ 2.2 bet365

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August Hast you are 100% correct. The formation change has totally opened up the midfield to be susceptible to counter attacks. With only one guy protecting the back four, it doesn't sit right with me. He is effectively turning this side into Barca. Favoring the technically brilliant passing style players (Thiago, Gotze) in exchange for more the more efficient players (Luis Gustavo sold, Tymoschuk sold, Martinez benched). I truly hope he just scraps it and reverts to a 4-2-3-1 although I think it's unlikely

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August I must go with Chelsea tonight because of high odds. bayern look to have less goals in them then last year. I think pep new style is totally changing them for the worse and turning in ineffective team. I do like ribery to score one goal but Chelsea as outright winner. I think tonight pep will se what its like not having messi in a team.

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August

He is effectively turning this side into Barca
To be fair he didn't do a bad job there :D Going for Bayern tonight purely because they are a class above Chelsea IMO - let's hope that it doesn't descend into an intimidating foul-fest that the Pep/Jose Barca v Real games have been in the past Narrow in -- 1-0 or 2-1 Bayern

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August Bayern Munich v Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup Bayern started their last match with a weakened lineup as Guardiola had rested seven major names for the midweek league encounter, among them the likes of Ribéry, Lahm, Robben, Mandžukić and Alaba in preparation for this match and this is a trophy that Bayern have never won but mainly this is a chance for revenge over Chelsea after they lost the Champions League final to a Drogba masterclass. Already José Mourinho has added some extra spice by declaring that “under Jupp Heynckes, Bayern were the best in Europe. Now, I'm not so sure.” This will be a showcase for two of the modern eras most celebrated managers and I expect both teams to put in some hard tackles and turn this match into a midfield battle with neither team getting their accustomed dominance in front of goal. Chelsea have bought almost every available midfielder this summer to the point where they could make a challenge for the top 4 in the premier league with a team completely comprised of midfielders and they are catching Bayern at an opportune moment as Bayern have, by their standards, been struggling to score, notching up only one goal against both Freiburg and Eintracht Frankfurt. To add to Guardiola's woes, two of his key midfielders, Thiago and Javi Martínez, are currently out through injury with Lahm taking up the defensive midfield position which will restrict Bayerns attacking options as they can't leave him exposed and there is the added factor of Pep Guardiola's system at Barcelona which was very intricate, and it takes a lot of time for players to master it. Mourinho will set Chelsea up more defensively than usual against Bayern who have a huge conversion rate so he will want to restrict their shooting opportunities however his team is not built around defensive strengths as their forwards hold so much possession against most of their opponents even though they restricted Man Utd to 3 shots on target in their last match that was more down to Utds formation and Valencias poor transition play. In tonights match I would expect about 8-10 shots on target and with both teams having world class goalkeepers I expect them to command their areas very well and both keepers have the confidence to catch the ball rather than punch it and both sets of defenses are comprised of extremely efficient internationals who will not panic under pressure. The current price of 1.83 on over 2.5 goals is correct in my opinion and I am much more interested in the market of total goals in the match to be exactly 2 or 3 goals @ evens with Bet365 and Paddy Power which I predict to occur approx 55% of the time. The market that hold the most appeal for me in this match is the corners and I am going with total corners to be under 9 at 3.00 with #Ladbrokes which I expect to win approx 50% of the time for a massive ROI of 50%. #Chelsea lineup: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, D Luiz, Cole; Ramires, Lampard ©; Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle; Torres. #BayernMunich Lineup: Neuer - Dante, Ribéry, Mandzukić, Robben, Rafinha, Boateng, Lahm, Müller, Alaba, Kroos

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August No terry weakens Chelsea defensively especially with luiz as replacement who is better going forward. Bayern are decent in the air with muller and mandzukic. Chelsea also pose a set piece threat with cahill and ivanovic aerially. I am going to try a bet on headed goals: Buy headed goal minutes at 26 with sporting index

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August No terry weakens Chelsea defensively especially with luiz as replacement who is better going forward. Bayern are decent in the air with muller and mandzukic. Chelsea also pose a set piece threat with cahill and ivanovic aerially. I am going to try a bet on headed goals: Buy headed goal minutes at 26 with sporting index

Re: UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich v Chelsea > Fri 30th August Bayern Munich players trophy at the awards ceremony took pictures. Day, after a penalty shootout, the UEFA Champions League winner Bayern Munich in the Czech capital Prague Eden stadium with a 7-6 win over last season's total European Cup champions Chelsea team, won the 2013 UEFA Super Cup.