** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League - Thursday 29th of August

Aidymac

Fiorentina will play a full team apparently: Fiorentina Coach Vincenzo Montella will field “the best players” for tomorrow’s Europa League play-off with Grasshoppers. The Viola won the first leg 2-1 in Zurich and the decider is at the Stadio Artemio Franchi on Thursday at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT). “Will there be squad rotation? I need to take one game at a time. We cared about winning the Serie A opener, but the team for tomorrow will be set out like a Final. That’s what we consider this game,” said Montella in his Press conference. “We will use the best players because we want to go through to the next round. The usual dangers await us and we cannot afford to lower our concentration levels, ever. “Grasshoppers showed they play better away than at home. We’ve had two excellent results at the start of this season, though we are more practical and perhaps less spectacular than last year.” When asked what Fiorentina’s ambitions were this season, Montella noted “first of all to qualify for Europe, then we want to go all the way in the Coppa Italia. Time will tell what our maximum ambitions are going to be.”

Re: Europa League - Thursday 29th of August

I think he means that Besiktas are 99% administratively out of Europe' date=' as it seems almost certain their appeal will be rejected by UEFA commission. So, most likely this game will be just for prestige.[/quote'] Sorry for late answer . Fedar right!

Re: Europa League - Thursday 29th of August What is your opinion about the other opening game between Rubin Kazan vs Molde? Rubin was the first league 2-0 and in my opinion played a better game on that day. I am not sure how they will approach this game. Whether they will sit back and defend or go for it and win the game. Opinions guys?

No one wants to take anything in EL qualifying? You'd think it's an unpredictable competition fraught with upsets or something...:lol I made a nice sum handicapping Spurs and Sevilla last week but those are dead rubbers now so not going anywhere near them. Instead one match I see where there is all to play for and potential to profit is Bestikas at home to Tromso. This is what a Turkish punter on Betshoot thinks: http://www.betshoot.com/80694-Besiktas-vs-Tromso-betting-tips It seems the result was unfortunate. Highlights show Bestikas had all the momentum and chances but were undone by a fantasy penalty and a horror mistake from the former Sevilla centre half Escude. See it here: http://www.wawsport.com/europa-league-2014-qualification-tromso-2-1-besiktas-highlights-video_906ff6104.html#sthash.YG9X4Hmy.dpbs Now the 2 keys here is that judging by the highlights Turks look clearly a level above Tromso AND we have a strong home team NEEDING a win against a weak away team. Bestikas only played 2 league games won both. Tromso are 19 matches into Norwegian league (2 points away from relegation places) and away record is: W 0 D 4 L 7 F 10 A 20 :\ Last 3 away league games W 0 D 0 L 3 F 2 A 6 (2nd last on the form table) If we look at Bestikas last ten or so at home it's very strong. They only need to win 1-0 but taking all relevant factors into consideration plus the expected outs in wide positions for the Scandanavians mentioned in the Betshoot preview, Bestikas -1.5 @ 2.00 most bookies seems good value as if they take a fraction of the chances I expect them to create, then they should cover. Either medium stake on that or large on -1 AH @ 1.50 Bet 365 for added security Best of luck :hope
Late Bet Besitkas -1 @1.85 William Hill

I think they will go for it. In my small world Russian teams always want to win in front of there home fans. But i might be wrong...
And if you look at their other Europa League games, they played away first in both the games and won them. And they also won their subsequent home games. I am not sure if 1.34 if a good value.

What is your opinion about the other opening game between Rubin Kazan vs Molde? Rubin was the first league 2-0 and in my opinion played a better game on that day. I am not sure how they will approach this game. Whether they will sit back and defend or go for it and win the game. Opinions guys?
Honestly after reading this article, I have backed Under 2.5 Goals. Do not have any real opinion on it to be honest. Link to the article is below, hope this helps you make up your mind. :ok http://www.goal.com/en/news/2994/betting/2013/08/29/4220087/rubin-kazan-molde-betting-preview-solid-hosts-likely-to?ICID=OP

Honestly after reading this article, I have backed Under 2.5 Goals. Do not have any real opinion on it to be honest. Link to the article is below, hope this helps you make up your mind. :ok http://www.goal.com/en/news/2994/betting/2013/08/29/4220087/rubin-kazan-molde-betting-preview-solid-hosts-likely-to?ICID=OP
Cheers mate :)

Cheers mate :)
No problemo :) For those wanting to get involved with the Swansea game, here is their team: SWANS: Tremmel, Rangel, Chico Flores, Amat, Davies, Britton ©, de Guzman, Michu, Pozuelo, Hernandez, Donnelly SWANS SUBS: Vorm, Monk, Richards, Canas, Lamah, Ki, Routledge. Seems to be a pretty strong line-up, Swansea to win @ 2.25 various seems to be tempting for maybe a medium/small sized bet. Their opponents looked absolutely horrible when I watched the first leg. They could not defend whatsoever. Any other thoughts on this game?

Re: Europa League - Thursday 29th of August Spartak - St. Gallen 2-4 (1-3) (!) It is not possible you start with 3 new coming players: two in midfield, Waris and Ozbilis while striker Lucas Barios. Yeah, that pidorast coach understood his big mistake when it was... late, 1-3!! And he replaced both Barios and Waris (55' and 46'). I am very sad :\ because you cannot play Makeev who by his profile is left defender, in the heart of defense - another, huge mistake, in his place a real central defender like Insauralde. I want Dan Petrescu at Spartak now and fast! Hope Dinamo Moscow kicks him very soon... the new president dont like him. Good bye Karpin,once again, you show us you are.... brainless! :@

Re: Europa League - Thursday 29th of August Sheriff - Vojvodina - it has started >>> Sheriff - the unquestioned leader of the Moldovan football ! Sounds scary , but still a certain experience of European Cup matches this team has , as every year she tries to break through the sieve of qualification. Vojvodina unexpectedly knocked out in the previous round Bursaspor. Today would have to try very hard not to receive from the Sheriff , and to score is required , because the leaves Sheriff 0-0 in the Europa League . It is said that Vojvodina able to score , and pass over. I rate serbians 3rd team in theyr domestic championship after well known Partizan and Red Star, and in my oppinion even Sheriff, looks organized, they failed to make an impact so far in Europe, no matter how dominating can be in such a low moldavian league. Away win 3.0 value considered. Vojvodina (0) 2,0 LIVE min 8' 0-0

Re: Europa League - Thursday 29th of August For all the Az backers, i never saw this before. The referee was giving a yellow card to henriksen in the first minute. After the player who got hit by the tackle of henriksen showde his sock was damaged the referee showed a red card. This was 20 seconds after the yellow card. Right now the game is suspended because there is small fire at the stadium and the lights are not working anymore. The stadium now is being evacuated.