** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > 27th & 28th August

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August

Celtic is 1.22 to win I thought they would be around 1.7 after the first leg result so that's a no bet for me. So I'm on Celtic to win and over 2.5 @ 1.75 Lad.
Bit optimistic with that mate! :lol..if they had started out at 1.7 I would be putting the mortgage on! Fair bit has been written about this already so won't add much, Celtic defensively were a total and utter shambles in the first game looked like a sunday league team. You do get the feeling they will go through though, even if it is after extra time, either way I wouldn't be hurrying to put money on a Celtic clean sheet at 1.6. There should be a full house at Celtic Park tonight (with perhaps 150 for Shakter - mostly Rangers fans I expect!) and I would prefer to play Celtic -1.5AH at 1.7, most of the 'injured' at the weekend were rested and should all be available tonight, I'm waiting 20 minutes for the team news but if the line-up looks decent I will be playing -1.5AH for 5 points. In Portugal on me hols so going back to the pool with a beer! Enjoy.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August The line up for PSV wil be Zoet Brenet, Bruma, Rekik, Willems Wijnaldum, schaars, maher Park. Matavz, depay Bakkali is with the PSV team in Milan but cannot play and will not sit on the bench. This is the strongest line up but PSV never scored in Milan against ac Milan. Not sure what to expect from PSV, the could play a great game with final score 1-1 and go to extra time. They young players could get impressed by the stadium and the importance of the match and loose easily something like 3-0, 3-1. As for the game a no bet for me. Just as a funbet i will take balotelli to score odds 2.1 betfair

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August i cant see anything other than a sociedad win,only 1 change to last weeks team and as captkirk says lyon have several missing,why complicate things,the almost cruised to a 2 nil away win and must be good for a similar result tonight,sociedad to win bet 365 odds 4/5.simplez,i hope.

With the luck on the scorer last night, I put the same unit on this guy to score: Vela for Sociedad @ 2.4 VS Lyon
Is this post really of use to anyone skycity? It's just a pot luck bet with no real reasoning, unless you do have some?;)

I think the bet in the Celtic game is on corners. Shakhter lead 2-0 so it is hard to envisage Celtic not having to chase the game for the majority of the 90 mins.This is vital when considering such bets imo. shakther would park the bus you would expect. Celtic won corners 6-3 in the away fixture. Celtic -4 corners was 1/1 with Stan James last night. 5/6 now as far as I know. Bet365 go 1.9 on -5Asian corners (push instead of win if Celtic win by 5) so value is with Stan James.I have had medium stake at 1/1. 4pts Celtic -4 corners @1/1 Stan James
11-3 I made it in the end. Bet won +4pts

Personally I think the odds on Celtic are crazy and reflect people piling in on them because of the relative unknown factor of Shaktar. Market sentiment seems to bizarre, slating Celtic for an atrocious performance, questioning squad depth, and now the market is fully confident Celtic will dish out a beating. But without wanting to get into a massive debate, Celtic are no more than Championship standard. And Shaktar are not really any mugs. To qualify for this game they beat off BATE Borisov, themselves seasoned CL and Europa League contenders. I watched the first game and Shaktar didn't show much in the way of ability but were pretty solid although you could argue that Celtic played right into their hands. Celtic may have some difficulty breaking down what will be a packed defence. They are a better side but not by what the odds are suggesting. If Celtic played a BSP side at home in a similar tie, they would be priced around this but I think Shaktor are better than this.
Celtic are no more than Championship standard? You have to laugh at that statement really. Which Championship club could amass 10 points and match Barcelona over 2 games? Only Barcelona & Juventus have beaten Celtic at Parkhead in 7 campaigns, I think that tells it's own story. Celtic consistantly reach another level at home, as shown tonight. The atmosphere is second to none.

Bit optimistic with that mate! :lol..if they had started out at 1.7 I would be putting the mortgage on! Fair bit has been written about this already so won't add much, Celtic defensively were a total and utter shambles in the first game looked like a sunday league team. You do get the feeling they will go through though, even if it is after extra time, either way I wouldn't be hurrying to put money on a Celtic clean sheet at 1.6. There should be a full house at Celtic Park tonight (with perhaps 150 for Shakter - mostly Rangers fans I expect!) and I would prefer to play Celtic -1.5AH at 1.7, most of the 'injured' at the weekend were rested and should all be available tonight, I'm waiting 20 minutes for the team news but if the line-up looks decent I will be playing -1.5AH for 5 points. In Portugal on me hols so going back to the pool with a beer! Enjoy.
Hope you had your punt mate, looked a decent lineup with those returning from injury.

Celtic are no more than Championship standard? You have to laugh at that statement really. Which Championship club could amass 10 points and match Barcelona over 2 games? Only Barcelona & Juventus have beaten Celtic at Parkhead in 7 campaigns' date=' I think that tells it's own story. Celtic consistantly reach another level at home, as shown tonight. The atmosphere is second to none.[/quote'] I doubt Barcelona would lose 2-0 away to a Kazakh side and draw 2-2 at home to Inverness. Last season ye lost at home to Inverness and Kilmarnock, ye should be winning every game in that league. Look at the players and they are championship standard. Stokes, Samaras, Brown, Forest, I reckon Commons is the only player that would make the Premier League.

I doubt Barcelona would lose 2-0 away to a Kazakh side and draw 2-2 at home to Inverness. Last season ye lost at home to Inverness and Kilmarnock, ye should be winning every game in that league. Look at the players and they are championship standard. Stokes, Samaras, Brown, Forest, I reckon Commons is the only player that would make the Premier League.
:D Still bitter about your bet from the first leg I see. Wee shame.

:D Still bitter about your bet from the first leg I see. Wee shame.
Not bitter at all, I don't dwell on bets! You place you bet, it wins or loses. Doesn't take away from the fact that Celtic are rubbish, and that is just my opinion. I have seen some very good Celtic teams over the years, this ain't one of them. Ye are a protective wee bunch ye Celtic fans , don't like any criticism.