** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > 27th & 28th August

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August

Legia-Steaua I will make an early bet here as I feel the price is incorrect. I happened to see quite a lot matches of both teams this season, and I consider Steaua much better team in much better shape than Legia. Steaua have been in excellent form and winning streak for over an year now. They dominating the completely the local league and they performed excellent so far in CL qualifiers. I watched the first leg with Legia and believe the 1:1 draw was a very unfair result - Steaua were all over Legia for nearly the whole match and missed a plethora of good chances. On a normal day, it would have been a good handicap home win. Steaua is also a very solid visitor, winning both their visits in CL qualifiers and performing very well on the road in Europa League groups. I didn't like Legia's performance in any of their 5 qualifying CL games this summer. Many punters of this forum placed bets on them at their visit to TNS and probably saw how much difficulty they had in both legs. They were very poor against mediocre Molde - they were very heavily outplayed in Norway (again a lucky draw) and were equal with their guests at the return leg (Molde could have even thrown them out with one man less on the pitch). I feel Legia's extreme luck is coming to an end soon. My only worry here is that Steaua will be missing Chiriches - the best defender in Romanian league, and Chipciu - their best midfielder. Chipciu has been a long-term absence and they have been doing well so far without him. Chiriches will be a blow, however, and his absence was probably the main reason for Steaua not to keep clean sheet in the first match. However, despite these two missings, I think Steaua is the big favorite to go through. They will 100% score a goal in Warsaw, and I wouldn't be surprised if they find the net a few times. The big question here will be how their defense will behave. I think that if Steaua manages to score the opener, they will almost certainly go through as they are a better and more experienced team than Legia. Steaua to Qualify @ 2.25 (Paddy)
many thanks fedar sold 2nd steau at 80 based on your advice

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August 4pts Zenit (-1) to beat Pacos Ferreira 4/5 Skybet Zenit proved way too strong in the first leg and I see no reason why that won’t be the case in this match too. Russia is never an easy place to go to and I don’t see there being any complacency issues because the size of the prize is so large here. The only way I don’t see this being a comfortable home win is if the Portuguese go to Russia with damage limitation in mind. They’ve nothing to lose though so you’d like to think they’ll have a go but Zenit should be too strong for them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zenit-st-petersburg-vs-pacos-ferreira-betting-zenit-can-cruise-home-in-champions-league-qualifier

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August 4pts Shakhter Karagandy to qualify 4/5 Bet365 Shakhter Karagandy head to Glasgow in a really good position in this tie but at the same time they are in that position of not really knowing whether to stick or twist. If I were them I would twist because defending all night is a tough ask whereas if they get on the front foot and score the tie is over. Celtic will have the crowd behind them but they have far too many injury concerns for comfort. With a two goal lead and a goal in this game surely seeing them through the 4/5 on Shakhter qualifying looks a bit big to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/celtic-vs-shakhter-karagandy-betting-celtic-could-find-the-size-of-the-task-too-much-

Milan - PSV First match finish as finish 1-1 even that PSV was better team. I couldnt believe that Abbiati and co. are time deley since 3rd minute. Abbiati should got at least yellow card for holding ball and needed one minute to kick the ball. Milan looks weak for me this season as we could see against Verona on saturday and I cant believe bookies think that they can competite with Juve for tittle ( IMO is that they will not finish in top 3 ) Against Verona they didnt rest even one player for wednesday game.
Weremole has addressed midfielders were rotated at the weekend so tick that one off. I agree with you about Milan has a good chance of not making the top 3 this year as the other squads in Serie A are starting to look really good. Title? No chance. However, I know they look stale and haven't brought any one in and have poor performances etc etc. but this is a one off match to qualify for the Champions league at home in Milan. If there's one thing I've learned over the years it's no matter how poor Milan look, NEVER right them off in the CL. Something changes inside them when it comes to Europe I don't know. For me this is a no bet. I have too much respect for Milan in CL and I'm a Juve fan! I think probably PSV will play faster and better but one way or another I think Milan will find a way. If you are that keen on PSV maybe try a positive Asian handicap as the way Milan are functioning now, I can't see them blowing the Dutch away. Goodluck

4pts Shakhter Karagandy to qualify 4/5 Bet365 Shakhter Karagandy head to Glasgow in a really good position in this tie but at the same time they are in that position of not really knowing whether to stick or twist. If I were them I would twist because defending all night is a tough ask whereas if they get on the front foot and score the tie is over. Celtic will have the crowd behind them but they have far too many injury concerns for comfort. With a two goal lead and a goal in this game surely seeing them through the 4/5 on Shakhter qualifying looks a bit big to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/celtic-vs-shakhter-karagandy-betting-celtic-could-find-the-size-of-the-task-too-much-
Don't know anything about the current Celtic squad except they sold the important Hooper and Wanyama to Norwich and Southhampton respectively and the fans are apparently upset they didn't replace them. I'm thinking about over 2.5 @ 1.68 @ betair I understand they have a few injury concerns. Surely Celtic will come out all guns blazing and I hope Shaktar attack aswell as their coach has implied they will. What do you think?

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August @Celtic - Shakter To me odds on Celtic don´t look good since I don´t trust them too much (odds are around 1.24 now, which implies 80% winning probability). Their creative abilities are pretty limited when they face weaker opposition. If they face stronger opposition they are happy to sit back and hit on the break (like we´ve seen in CL last year). For this match I see a similar order of events like in the first one. Celtic will have the bulk of possession and create a few chances but I´m not too sure if they can convert them into goals. It has been mentioned before that they don´t have a decent striker after selling Hooper. Shakter don´t have anything to lose. They still think they are underdogs and their coach even said that it would be better to play EL than CL cause a team should develop gradually. Ofc this is only talk to keep the pressure away. I´m pretty sure they want to reach CL for the first time. Think their game plan will be to score early, after that to stay solid at the back as long as possible. Should be one way traffic more or less...but as I said there is no value on Celtic. Better stay away from this one. About goals I´m not sure. I think Shakter will find it difficult to score here, so the over is in danger. Celtic kept a clean sheet throughout this qualifying campaign until the first match.

gunners vs fenerbahce i expekt not many goals... fener is out imo. for sure wenger says it is a important match... yes what should he say... we won by 3 goals away and now i dont care about it? no of course not! he got a strong starting rooster but i think they will try to hold fener away from the own penalty area and maybe strike one goal. so i picked u3 goals @1,97 4/10 marathonbet
2-0 ft gunners win

Don't know anything about the current Celtic squad except they sold the important Hooper and Wanyama to Norwich and Southhampton respectively and the fans are apparently upset they didn't replace them. I'm thinking about over 2.5 @ 1.68 @ betair I understand they have a few injury concerns. Surely Celtic will come out all guns blazing and I hope Shaktar attack aswell as their coach has implied they will. What do you think?
The over 2.5 goals bet would only work if you thought Celtic were capable of scoring three against them without reply wouldn't it? Karagandy don't strike me as being the most prolific side and lead 2-0 from the first leg? So not much incentive for them to push forward as they can basically camp in their own half and try to stifle Celtic. 1.68 looks a bit stingy to me based on that.

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August Personally I think the odds on Celtic are crazy and reflect people piling in on them because of the relative unknown factor of Shaktar. Market sentiment seems to bizarre, slating Celtic for an atrocious performance, questioning squad depth, and now the market is fully confident Celtic will dish out a beating. But without wanting to get into a massive debate, Celtic are no more than Championship standard. And Shaktar are not really any mugs. To qualify for this game they beat off BATE Borisov, themselves seasoned CL and Europa League contenders. I watched the first game and Shaktar didn't show much in the way of ability but were pretty solid although you could argue that Celtic played right into their hands. Celtic may have some difficulty breaking down what will be a packed defence. They are a better side but not by what the odds are suggesting. If Celtic played a BSP side at home in a similar tie, they would be priced around this but I think Shaktor are better than this.

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August I think Evens for Celtic to qualify is a decent bet tonight. They were the far better team in the first leg and shouldn't have come out of that 2-0 behind. We all know Celtic are a different proposition at home as they showed last season. An early goal for Celtic and they could easily go on to win comfortably. The opposition are very weak and will do well to qualify IMO

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August Celtic have battered far better teams than Karagandy at home. Their record at Celtic Park is one of the best in Europe. I think the Kazhaks are in for a fright tonight when they hear that crowd. The first leg was a tactical blunder by Lennon, but they still shouldn't have lost 2-0. Plenty of chances were missed. They'll make far more chances tonight, and they'll score a few I'm sure. Evs to qualify isn't the best value bet. 6/4 to qualify in 90 mins is better. But the 3/1 on Any Unquoted correct score is the one I like. And I'll pay for my stake by taking the outright win.

I think the bet in the Celtic game is on corners. Shakhter lead 2-0 so it is hard to envisage Celtic not having to chase the game for the majority of the 90 mins.This is vital when considering such bets imo. shakther would park the bus you would expect. Celtic won corners 6-3 in the away fixture. Celtic -4 corners was 1/1 with Stan James last night. 5/6 now as far as I know. Bet365 go 1.9 on -5Asian corners (push instead of win if Celtic win by 5) so value is with Stan James.I have had medium stake at 1/1. 4pts Celtic -4 corners @1/1 Stan James

I think the bet in the Celtic game is on corners. Shakhter lead 2-0 so it is hard to envisage Celtic not having to chase the game for the majority of the 90 mins.This is vital when considering such bets imo. shakther would park the bus you would expect. Celtic won corners 6-3 in the away fixture. Celtic -4 corners was 1/1 with Stan James last night. 5/6 now as far as I know. Bet365 go 1.9 on -5Asian corners (push instead of win if Celtic win by 5) so value is with Stan James.I have had medium stake at 1/1. 4pts Celtic -4 corners @1/1 Stan James
Wow this is getting smashed. I see Stan James now 6/5 -6 corners. And Bet365 are 1.85 about -5.5 corners. Ladbrokes are going 5/4 on the race to 9 corners which may appeal to some more so than the revised handicap lines.

I think that Milan will win against PSV' date='if not,Allegri will get fired. Odds @ 1.65, my prediction 7/10. What do you think?[/quote'] 1.65 have value in my eyes. As TotoSchillaci said Milan is different team in Seria A and in CL. They always play good at champions league. PSV shown how immature they are in first game. They had lot of chances but they couldn't score and Milan scored form the first chance they had. San Siro will be almost full tonight, Balotelli said that Verona lost is on him. Last year they beat Barcelona at home with same roster. It will not be easy one for Milan but I think they will win this one on experience

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August Cannot be of help i think, i did not see milan playing this year, but i suppose that their minds very not focused 100% in serie a match last saturday. Last year Milan was in relegation , after 7/8 rounds, we all know what they managed to do then. 30 mil € are a lot for both teams, but PSV must attack and scores to put pression to Milan, SO i expect Allegri to control the first minutes of PSV (but i never see them playing), then taking control of the ball and try to score a goal that would be lethal. I would say it is should be more under than over, but i am completely bad at eitherway usually. I think the bests bet can be X handicap

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August Zenit - Pacos Ferrerira Here, all clear after the first game, the only difference is that the class Zenit still several times higher than that of Pacos. In the first game, it was clearly seen when the St. Petersburg group literally "drove" the Portuguese on the field, scoring goals for every taste, and after Pacos gross errors in defense. Zenit perfectly prepared for the qualifiers, so the results are convincing. And in the championship Zenit difficult to stop. By Pacos shows that the team is not ready to fight at this level and against such an opponent. But, most importantly, the club is not ready for the season as it should, has not received proper gaming experience. Yes in European Cup this team does not know how to behave, but Pacos never belonged to the grandees of Portuguese football, so this result should be considered obvious. Perhaps today the guests try to save face and not lose, but the chances are very small. Just class players Zenit higher, and these players are worth much more than it can afford Pacos. It is unlikely that the Portuguese will have time to correct all the mistakes in the defense, and while their defense resembles a "public thoroughfare. The result of the first match (4-1) hardly leaves any chance to enjoy the ultimate success. So today, both teams may well play for the audience, to try to show the beautiful football. This is one of the scenarios in today's match. Another option - Zenit play the most collected and will not save power. In this case, Pacos again receive full shopping bag, because they sit in the defense of meaning there is no need to go ahead score, hoping for a miracle. The worst option for this bet - Zenit play in economy mode, will just keep the score of the first match, and in a monotone mode will score 1-2 goals and calm down. In this case, the passage of total is unlikely, though still possible, for example, if a goal Pacos also played enough. However, this option seems the least likely. Spalletti has said he will play the whole basis, so the mood of the match should be a battle in the end it's the Champions League. Defense Pacos Ferreira is a thoroughfare, so Zenit even playing on the counter is able to score 3 goals and alone. Though, it seems that some relaxation after 4-1 in the actions of Zenith will slip (well, it's just our mentality), so the goal guests manipulative from Zenit waiting at least 2. The perfect combination for a very frustrating Pacos side: a spanish referee. I expect visitors lose theyr heads sooner or later and not focusing anymore on the football game, some booking. Leans: * Zenit (-1.5) AH * Roman Shirokov (Zenit) anytime goalscorer * How many yellow cards will Pacos receive? Over 2.5 2.25 Bwin * How many yellow cards will Pacos receive in the second half? Over 1.5 2.15 Bwin

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August Sociedad - Lyon The surprising result we expected in the first match. Lyon in the status of the host was very hospitable and allowed the Spaniards to win 0-2. The bill does not directly say on the game, just Sociedad lucky to use their points and achieve the desired result. This does not in any way detract merit the Spanish club, but still account for a fairly large about the same opponents. Game statistics, despite the player's removal from the home, was quite equal to: corner 7 - 6 Shots on 4 - 8, Offside 8 - 3, 53-47% of possession. After the match, Lyon had to play another home tour Ligue 1, where Reims managed to lose 0-1. Tale of last season for Real Sociedad is very close to the continuation of this season. After retiring in the off-season coach Montanes, who made the team really fighting team and the sale of several key players, as well as a slight increase, there were doubts that the Sociedad can as well play like last season. However, San sebastyantski continue to delight fans with bright play, as in the championship, and in the Euro tournament. French after the first match put themselves in a very difficult situation, because not only need to score 2 goals so games for weavers in Spain are very difficult (remember the match against Real Madrid). However, it was against Real Sociedad at the French good memories, because in 2004 they beat them with a minimum score at home and in San Sebastian. Just Spaniards will remember what happened to the team in the 2003/04 season, when the second place after they slipped to 15th and almost flew out. Fighting on two fronts for such clubs often becomes a burden. Usually after the first game, if one team is seeking the benefits of a two goals advantage, then the next game they will have to be more careful when playing. Odds for today's game exposed on the assumption that once the Sociedad to win on the road, you should do it in the home match. However, for the passage of Lyon, a draw will suit them, so even minimal lose. In general, the Spanish coach choose tactics as you can reliably because at stake is a lot of money for his club, and the risk is simply irrelevant. In any case, Lyon old file in Euro cups and try to do the impossible, or at least they will not afford to lose. * X2 (double chance) 1.93 Bet365

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August Celtic - Shakhtar First match: 20.08.13 Shakhtar - Celtic 2:0 (1:0) A score 1-0 in the first match is not so much surprised to football community. But here's the second goal Kazakh club Shakhtar made a real claim of reaching the group stage of the Champions League. In what Celtic afford to eliminate this lag - hard to believe. Yes, it's not easy, but it's quite doable, especially in their own field, where the hosts to contender status tend not to pay attention. But our bet is not about winning Celtic, but against the goals of the guests. Banal sense that the goal Shakhtar is almost 99% certain that for the hosts negate the chances of reaching the next stage. Celtic in this case does not have to score 2 or 3 goals, but just 4 ... Therefore it is logical to assume that the Scots to the last will be safely play defense. The chances of the visitors are likely to appear at a zero score or 1-0 in favor of the hosts at the last minute when Celtic lose will have nothing. Yes, this is football and anything can happen here. But in today's match, Celtic trusted. Still, the opponents is not some grand European. You just need to go out and win to nil, with no hassle. Well, certainly all the staff Shakhtar will rise at the gate and will fight back throughout the match. What will come of this - will soon see... Shakhtar from Kazakhstan have already done a lot of noise in Europe, but today, nothing will happen. Celtic home and away - two completely different teams. Celtic did not realize a sufficient number of scoring points in the first match. Let's write off this fear on the Scots from the slaughtered sheep in the stadium Shakhtar. Houses Celtic will maintain an army of loyal fans, who will not back down supporting theyr team. Permanent shelters, fighting and jostling Scots will be successful, because of timidity in his legs Shakhtar players this evening will not hold. On the passage of Karaganda bookmakers give 1.8, but it is a great honor. Let's face it: the Kazakh team players simply do not have the proper experience such intense match. Where is the guarantee that the team is not intimidate under constant attack shaft and crazy screaming from the stands? Celtic in the last season with Barcelona chasing and gave her a huge problem, and there will be Karaganda run the show? Do not pass! We believe today's victory with Celtic and a clean sheet. Do not rule out that the regulation time ended with the score 2-0, and in the additional Scots finally break opponent. * Celtic - Clean Sheet, Yes 1.60 * Celtic (-1.5) AH 1.70 * Will any team win by exactly 2 goals difference? Yes 3.60 Bwin * Will any team win by exactly 3 goals difference? Yes 4.60 Bwin

Sociedad - Lyon The surprising result we expected in the first match. Lyon in the status of the host was very hospitable and allowed the Spaniards to win 0-2. The bill does not directly say on the game, just Sociedad lucky to use their points and achieve the desired result. This does not in any way detract merit the Spanish club, but still account for a fairly large about the same opponents. Game statistics, despite the player's removal from the home, was quite equal to: corner 7 - 6 Shots on 4 - 8, Offside 8 - 3, 53-47% of possession. After the match, Lyon had to play another home tour Ligue 1, where Reims managed to lose 0-1. Tale of last season for Real Sociedad is very close to the continuation of this season. After retiring in the off-season coach Montanes, who made the team really fighting team and the sale of several key players, as well as a slight increase, there were doubts that the Sociedad can as well play like last season. However, San sebastyantski continue to delight fans with bright play, as in the championship, and in the Euro tournament. French after the first match put themselves in a very difficult situation, because not only need to score 2 goals so games for weavers in Spain are very difficult (remember the match against Real Madrid). However, it was against Real Sociedad at the French good memories, because in 2004 they beat them with a minimum score at home and in San Sebastian. Just Spaniards will remember what happened to the team in the 2003/04 season, when the second place after they slipped to 15th and almost flew out. Fighting on two fronts for such clubs often becomes a burden. Usually after the first game, if one team is seeking the benefits of a two goals advantage, then the next game they will have to be more careful when playing. Odds for today's game exposed on the assumption that once the Sociedad to win on the road, you should do it in the home match. However, for the passage of Lyon, a draw will suit them, so even minimal lose. In general, the Spanish coach choose tactics as you can reliably because at stake is a lot of money for his club, and the risk is simply irrelevant. In any case, Lyon old file in Euro cups and try to do the impossible, or at least they will not afford to lose. * X2 (double chance) 1.93 Bet365
It´s an hard bet. Maybe Over ist here the better choice. Lyon had in firt leg big problems with that Fast Strikers, because Lyon´s Defenders are not the fastest. So tonight it will be Sociedad in the Cards that he can play for Counters, like in the first Game. It wouln´d suprise me here to see the Hometeam wining. Lyon must be playing attacking Football and maybe a 0:2 it´s too hard to make a sensation in Leg 2 tonight. So i see little advantage in Home Win and i personal played the BTTS and with small Stakes the Over. I expected Lyon in First Half not as an Team who will play total offensive. So maybe in Second Half the must play offensive and thats the way Sociedad likes to play. Counter, Counter, Counter, ......

nice tread guys...thanks for the infos!!! good luck!!!!!!! ;)
you know i think people who don't contribute to these forums should be banned. i mean there are so many people that come here and just take take take and take without giving much back

PAOK vs Schalke 04 Without Huntlar, the chance for schalke to qualify all lays on the striker Szalai. Although I see a tough defensive tactic from PAOK, there should be a chance or two for him to score. Hence Szalai scores at any time @2.5
With the luck on the scorer last night, I put the same unit on this guy to score: Vela for Sociedad @ 2.4 VS Lyon

you know i think people who don't contribute to these forums should be banned. i mean there are so many people that come here and just take take take and take without giving much back
Ermmmmm. The whole point of this forum is to help punters out, whether they post or not. People do not have to write posts up to be entitled to be a member, they can be a member for a number of reasons, including getting information, availing of free bets and many other things. You could do with brushing up on your reasoning by the way. This was your reasoning for the Arsenal v Spurs thread: i have a feeling tottenham will attack arsenal like savage dogs. Very intelligent and insightful. :unsure

It´s an hard bet. Maybe Over ist here the better choice. Lyon had in firt leg big problems with that Fast Strikers' date=' because Lyon´s Defenders are not the fastest. So tonight it will be Sociedad in the Cards that he can play for Counters, like in the first Game. It wouln´d suprise me here to see the Hometeam wining. Lyon must be playing attacking Football and maybe a 0:2 it´s too hard to make a sensation in Leg 2 tonight. So i see little advantage in Home Win and i personal played the BTTS and with small Stakes the Over. I expected Lyon in First Half not as an Team who will play total offensive. So maybe in Second Half the must play offensive and thats the way Sociedad likes to play. Counter, Counter, Counter, ......[/quote'] Lyon has no strikers, Lisandro was sold and Gomis watches Lyon games from the stands, I'm not saying Lyon will not score for sure but I won't be surprised if Real Sociedad keeps a clean sheet.

Re: Champions League > 27th & 28th August I watched first half of Celtic against Inverness on Saturday and Celtic looked very good going forward, in fact they played better than either Man Utd or Chelsea on Sunday. They conceded two goals on the counter however and their gk Forster is no Gordon Banks to say the least. If Neil Lennon cannot address his defensive frailties they are very unlikely out of the CL, but if he capable of doing a Mourinho tonight Celtic have the ability to score two past the visitors. I'll be most certainly on Both teams to score and Celtic to win.

Lyon has no strikers' date=' Lisandro was sold and Gomis watches Lyon games from the stands, I'm not saying Lyon will not score for sure but I won't be surprised if Real Sociedad keeps a clean sheet.[/quote'] I mean the Fast Strikers from Sociedad. Sorry that i don´t describe it correctly.