** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2013 Rugby Championship

Spankyf

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 17 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Australia v New Zealand (11:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] South Africa v Argentina (16:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2013 Rugby Championship Australia New Zealand The folks at ARU moved swiftly to shift Robbie Deans out following the capitulation to the Lions. Ewen McKenzie has worked within Australian rugby for a long time and deserves his chance to lead the team. With a changing in the guard, he has removed anachronisms in the selection and from 9 to 15 they look balanced and good enough in the back row. It's the scrum however that may do the Wallabies in once again. The scrum laws changed recently and the All Blacks are always the best team to learn to adapt, which is why they are so consistently good over the years. Hansen has selected Romano ahead of Retalick as he's played under them already. Hore, Franks and old Tony Woodcock will have watched the 3rd Lions test with relish and will be gunning to put pressure on again and again. Australia may well be aware of the danger, but the burden of proof is on them to front up. A baptism of fire for the five new Wallabies in the lineup, and I think NZ have too much for them (though its a shame there's too many Highlanders and not enough Chiefs). New Zealand won the last 3/4 matches in Australia, and have won 8/11 in all meetings with one draw. In those 4 in Australia, the All Blacks won 3/4 2nd halves. Australia have won 5/8 home games against all teams but that home 2nd half vulnerability was on show against Argentina and South Africa in 2012. Australia are an exciting looking but unknown quantity and I think the All Blacks experience and bench will have the edge in this one. New Zealand -3 2nd Half @ 2.0

Re: 2013 Rugby Championship Argentina South Africa Last weekend was a massive wake up call for Argentina. Before the competition started I had reservations regarding Phelan’s squad selection, their lack of preparation (and the oppositions Super XV exertions) and the disparity in the squads geographical and competition levels. With such a massive break compared to their match fit opponents and no meaningful progress in June (looks like those England beatings were an accurate portent). Looks odds on to me they’ll go winless in this championship too. Here's hoping they'll at least have Fernandez Lobbe back for this game. South Africa’s trajectory couldn’t be more positive. The summer tournament was perfect training for the larger group and they look like they mean business. 2nd in the world as of Monday they are the only credible alternatives to another NZ Championship. Contepomi’s comments (albeit right after the match) belie a lack of belief: "Last year we struggled a bit, this year we struggled a lot," he said. "It's hard when you take a shot like that. We have to learn, and fast." The physical intensity was something to behold and Argentina just weren’t up to the standard. Don’t think they’re going to turn the ship around in a week. South Africa to win by 11-20 @ 2.87

Re: 2013 Rugby Championship And the odd's for the weekend: [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 24 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] New Zealand v Australia (08:35 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.18 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 50 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Argentina v South Africa (20:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 30 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2013 Rugby Championship New Zealand Australia Great game last weekend: attacking mindset from both sides although Australia distributed too laterally. Scrums were competitive and will be a legitimate platform for attack once again. I think it’s naïve for anyone to expect McKenzie to come in two weeks after a Super XV and wave a magic wand to win the Bledisloe Cup. Toomua and Lealifano are a great 10-12 combo but they didn’t direct the attack effectively enough for all their possession (more offloads, runs, defenders beaten, over twice as many passes). It’s going to take time and I didn’t see much to suggest an upset this weekend. I’m looking at the points angle for this match. NZ tend to score and concede more in away games while their defence in home games is peerless. The bright spot for the Wallabies last weekend was their 29 point haul; the less said about their defence the better. New Zealand conceded 0, 10 and 14 to the Wallabies in the last 3 home RC/TN games and an average of 9.5 in all home games in the championship since 2010. They have won at home to nil against Australia, France and Ireland in the past year. Taylor makes his debut at 10 so there’s an element of the unknown as to how much they will score. However i’m confident the All Blacks will want to address conceding 29 and will keep the Wallabies total low. Under 46.5 @ 1.91

Re: 2013 Rugby Championship Think Australia are ripe for the picking here! Honestly think mentally it will take a year for them to recover from the lions tour. Think they would of hoped for an easier away game to adjust to the fact that there missing there 16th man! The Crowd. Bet 365 hasnt got a line up yet on total New Zealand tries but when it becomes availaible think i will be going for the over.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2013 Rugby Championship [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 7 September 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] New Zealand v Argentina (08:35 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.02 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 110 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Australia v South Africa (11:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 27 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

Re: 2013 Rugby Championship [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 28 September 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] South Africa v Australia (16:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Argentina v New Zealand (23:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 50 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2013 Rugby Championship South Africa Australia It was a pity Romain Poite booked Bismarck Du Plessis for the tackle on Carter. It was a great game up til the sending off and while the media quickly declared ‘Frenchman ruins game between top 2 in World’, it’s to Du Plessis’ great credit that he brushed off the disappointment and said these things happen. IRB sensibly rescinded the red card and Carter came to the hookers defence. If only some in the NH European Cup ‘negotiations’ would put their ego’s aside in such a way and represent the spirit of rugby. In any case the Springboks’s are still in with a good shout of contesting the title with New Zealand in two weeks. Adrian Strauss get’s the start ahead of Bismarck and Du Preez ahead of Pienaar. It’s a very strong looking team and Meyer deserves kudos for creating competition for places and a good range of options to pick from. Australia won their last game against Argentina by a point. They didn’t score in the second half and still haven’t got the continuity they want to execute their new attacking style. They used the ball poorly so far and there is more disruption in the backline with Kuridrani in (Mr. Consistent Ashley-Cooper out to wing) and matchday 23 debut for Chris Feauai-Sautia due to Cummin’s injury and the banishing of O’Connor. What I find strange is the Australians saying that they’re expecting the usual brutality and up & unders from the Springboks along with kicks for territory etc. South Africa have scored the most tries so far this competition and to me, the key is their quick ruck clearance and distribution from hand and from 9, which is only augmented by including Du Preez. They’ll also hold a scrum advantage which – dare I say it – a French ref may be inclined to penalize the Australians for. I think the main handicap of -11.5 is about right but I do think South Africa will push for a bonus point as the match progresses and they get a foothold. I think this campaign is a write off for Australia and the Springboks have huge incentive to rack up a few tries. South Africa -6 2nd half handicap @ 2.0