** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > 20th & 21st August

Re: Champions League > 20th & 21st August Lmao!? Fener mugs!? Aston Villa better then Fener?. compare the 2 teams head to head you have your self a very evenly matched game. I believe without any doubts that fener will win in Istanbul infront of there home supporters. This Arsenal team is not the same one of years before.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League > 20th & 21st August

Schalke are having problems. They are very leaky at the back having allowed Hamburg to score 3 on their own ground plus conceding 4 at Wolfsburg in just 20 minutes. They were heavily criticized after these two poor performances. Furthermore striker Huntelaar was injured in the first half agaisnt Wolfsburg and will miss out for several weeks. PAOK's coach was in charge of Schalke for a long time and is chosen as Schalke's best ever manager by the fans. Interesting match I expect.
So I guess its better to avoid this?

Re: Champions League > 20th & 21st August What do you think about over 2.5 goals in Fenerbahce - Arsenal? From all the options for me that looks the most sure. Odds have dropped a little bit too. Was about 1.85-1.90 and now about 1.70-1.80, depending on bookies. Havent actually watched Fenerbahce games, but last game against Salzburg they played agressive 4-3-3, and besides that allowed salzburg a lot of room, gave up posession % and a lot of shots. As we know they won 3-1, all the goals came in the first half. So knowing Arsenal if this happens, Arsenal wont waste their chances.

Re: Champions League > 20th & 21st August i am from Turkey and i hate fenerbahçe, but when i bet thats somethings different first of all we need to wait first 11 of Fenerbahçe , for me best bet would be ''live betting'' or BTS i do not trust fener defensive line and i am sure they gonna score to the arsenal...this not gonna be really easy game for Arsenal they need to play not %100 but %200.....

What do you think about over 2.5 goals in Fenerbahce - Arsenal? From all the options for me that looks the most sure. Odds have dropped a little bit too. Was about 1.85-1.90 and now about 1.70-1.80' date=' depending on bookies. Havent actually watched Fenerbahce games, but last game against Salzburg they played agressive 4-3-3, and besides that allowed salzburg a lot of room, gave up posession % and a lot of shots. As we know they won 3-1, all the goals came in the first half. So knowing Arsenal if this happens, Arsenal wont waste their chances.[/quote'] watched whole game 90 minutes, Fenerbahçe needs to thankfull their Goalkeeper Volkan Demirel...

Re: Champions League > 20th & 21st August Schalke v PAOK Saloniki: Bought PAOK goal rush at 9 and sold time of their 2nd goal at 84.5, both with Spreadex Read enough on here to set me thinking that the away team might be underestimated in some markets and the spreads looked interesting as the firms took very different views of the supremacy quote (since moved a bit closer together). I think both of those prices are slightly out and underestimate the prospect of PAOK goals. It was a very marginal decision to favour a spread bet over fixed odds in this instance, and I'd recommend taking the 9/2 available for >1.5 PAOK goals (Skybet or Coral) with a small interest in >2.5 at 25/1 with the former firm. Both bigger than I'd make them.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with Arsenal's defeat to Aston Villa the weekend. Yes, they lost 3-1, but the goals came from defensive errors causing two penalties and then they had a red card to boot. They still on paper have a far better team than Fenerbahce and if they can cut out the daft mistakes and hold on to the ball, I cannot see them losing. I am not sure how motivated Fenerbahce will be tonight, even if they get through they could get thrown out of the tournament so how would you feel if you were in the players shoes? Would you still give it 200% knowing it might all be for nothing regardless? Turkey is a hostile place to go to but Arsenal will surely fancy their chances after a 5-2 win there last time they met. The Turkish outfit also had a woeful start to the Turkish league campaign with a 3-2 defeat to the hands of Konyaspor. Even though Arsenal have some injury worries, they also have received some boosts that Sagna, Gibbs, Ramsey and Rosicky might be all available. Wenger knows he cannot lose this game tonight, and I think he will have the players well up to it. Lay Fenerbahce - 6.80 Points @ 2.96 Betfair
Fenerbahce are quite rubbish to be fair!

Re: Champions League > 20th & 21st August Didn't quite want to go near the Arsenal game didn't know which side would turn up but well done to anyone who had the balls to back them though they controlled that game! Great shout from Fedar on Basel aswel just gutted I didn't see it earlier!

:lol Tbh I think a lot of teams are still giving Arsenal too much respect. They really don't have a good side any more.
They will still be in the quarter finals of the champions league though. Chelsea weren't all that impressive against Villa either tonight, and didnt deserve the 3 points. Credit where it's due, Arsenal were fantastic tonight and it wasn't down to a lack of respect from the opposition.

:lol Tbh I think a lot of teams are still giving Arsenal too much respect. They really don't have a good side any more.
Think your point is right. Fener showed too much respect and weren't great at all. Arsenal used their chances well. Nevertheless they have a lot of average players.

Think your point is right. Fener showed too much respect and weren't great at all. Arsenal used their chances well. Nevertheless they have a lot of average players.
Fenerbahce didn't give a toss, I already mentioned motivation would be lacking tonight due to the fact they probably would be chucked out regardless. They had 1 shot on goal for the first 60 minutes, that is not giving the opposition respect, that is just plain and utter tripe football.. Arsenal are better in every part of the pitch.. It's gas, if this game was on before the Villa game ye would all be praising Arsenal from the roof tops.

I respect your opinion mate and am by no means trying to disrespect Fenerbahce, they have some quality players. But Arsenal always seem to up their game in the Champions League, just like when everyone wrote them off away to Bayern last year and they won 2-0. This is definitely an interesting tussle, and I would rather lay Fenerbahce than lay Arsenal personally. Should be an intriguing match this!
Well I'll eat humble pie then mate. Congrats on your bet and hats off to Arsenal. Apologies to anyone who followed me on this one. Fernabache lacked everything and in the first 20 mins you could just see it coming. Of the dozen players that were supposedly "injured" in the Villa game and doubtful, ALL of them started. Dammit! :wall

Ludogorets - Basel Basel @ 2.20
Good win, but it didn't come as easy as it seems. Basel scored a quick goal, but were terrible for a long period afterwards - until they got behind on the scoresheet. Ludo didn't surprise me - they played their typical game with lots of pressure and quick passing football, but also with many mistakes in the back. However, before the 50th minute Basel showed very bad football - their first touch was really disappointing, their passes were badly aimed, and they seemed to be very disorganized in the back. Ludo was the better team in the first half and deserved to be in front, but some huge misses kept the score level at half-time. The second half started as terribly for Basel as the first half ended. Ludo pushed them hard and Basel were making silly defensive mistakes and couldn't take the ball out of their penalty area. Logically, Ludo took the lead and then something strange happened - after Ludo's second goal one would think that something happened with Basel and the guys who played for the Swiss team up to this point were secretly replaced by another and much better team. Basel's reaction was deadly - within ten minutes they gained complete control of the game, pushed Ludo back inside their penalty area, missed few good chances and scored two quick goals to regain the lead. Afterwards, the game was practically dead, as Ludo were shocked by the rapid comeback and lost the plot. Basel is indeed at least a class above Ludo and if they had shown more serious attitude from the beginning (during the first half their attitude was very sloppy as if it was some meaningless Europa League game), it would have been a very easy and big win. However, keep in mind for your future bets on Basel in Europe that their defense and goal-keeper is very disorganized and vulnerable. The tie is already decided, so the second leg is surely a no-bet for me, especially with this negligent attitude that Basel showed today.

Well I'll eat humble pie then mate. Congrats on your bet and hats off to Arsenal. Apologies to anyone who followed me on this one. Fernabache lacked everything and in the first 20 mins you could just see it coming. Of the dozen players that were supposedly "injured" in the Villa game and doubtful, ALL of them started. Dammit! :wall
Don't you worry, we all eat our share of humble pie mate. At least you have the balls to have a strong opinion, I admire that. Can't get them all right and It won't be long before I am in your shoes trust me :lol

Re: Champions League > 20th & 21st August Cheers for the tip on Basel (got a bit nervy during the game) and gutted about the Arsenal result, but it's life, you gotta take wins and losses equally GL for the weekend all