** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Kevin Pullein saturday picks, 18% yield, 96 bets

Re: Kevin Pullein's Saturday picks, 38 bets, +27% yield Yeah, sorry for any confusion, I just meant that on the day you'd be able to see his selection in a betting shop copy; not that it was an option for checking historically. I just did a google search when I saw your post and found a website called betting tools that tracks him in their tipster table. They have 13 tips with a 9-1-3 record and a 36.38% yield.

Re: Kevin Pullein's Saturday picks, 38 bets, +27% yield In the FA CUP FINAL FA Cup Final Muppet gave the following bet on May 17 "under 25 booking points 7/4 reds ten points yellows five" Unfortunately I carelessly then took under 26 at 6/4 thinking it was the same points allocation - it wasn't. Would it be possible to add KP's named firm to any bet.

Re: Kevin Pullein's Saturday picks, 38 bets, +27% yield I'd hazard a guess that there may be a typo in that post of the points allocation so I suspect you'd have lost regardless. The FA cup final had a bookings expectation in the mid-30s and under 25 points would have been an odds on shot based on a 10/5 scoring system.

Re: Kevin Pullein's Saturday picks, 38 bets, +27% yield According to one site that has posted various tips from today's papers, KP's selection is

• Newcastle Asian Handicap cards 0

My logical assumption is that this is the bet on offer at 1.7 with 365, i.e. Newcastle to get most cards and a push if it's a draw. I can't verify this without sight of the paper, or the odds he put the selection up at! Unless anyone can confirm the selection and odds before the 12.45 kick off I'd tread with caution, but at least we'll be able to include this one in the record keeping as I'll be able to check it later. I don't know if he put up a selection last week.

Re: Kevin Pullein's Saturday picks, 38 bets, +27% yield Forgot about this until today but it would appear yesterday's selection was Levante +2 AH. I'm not sure of the odds but it was a loser so, after the first two bets have both lost, we're obviously looking at a -100% yield at the moment.

Re: Kevin Pullein's Saturday picks, 38 bets, +27% yield

So the bet was Luton I think.
No, it was the draw, i.e. both to get the same amount of bookings points.
But, unfortunately, people appear to be chipping in after the event.
My apologies, I'll try and be a bit more timely. I figure it's better late than never in terms of tracking the performance and enabling people to decide whether to back future selections. Ultimately, if people are that interested they could make the effort to find and/or post the selections themselves! More often than not I only get to actually read the RP if I'm passing a betting shop later in the day. It would be ideal if someone who gets it every week (paper or digital) could post the selections for us. I've found two websites that post his picks along with various other newspaper tipsters. Only one seems to consistently post every week and they don't put up the odds or who the bookie is.

My apologies' date=' I'll try and be a bit more timely..... [/quote'] It wasn't meant to be a personal criticism, Harry. Unfortunately, for those of us that live outside the UK, and don't want (or can't afford) to pay the on-line subscription, it isn't much use to receive the selections after the event. I appreciate that this is a sort of special case - as you say, the thread is "tracking" a published system. But, rules are rules, and the Moderators are quite explicit on this (Froment, in particularly, regularly ticks-off posters for after-eventing) ;)

Re: Kevin Pullein's Saturday picks, 38 bets, +27% yield I've set a reminder to check on a Saturday morning. It's a site called selectabet.net that posts the tipster selections, albeit without price or bookie. That's the only means I've got of posting before the event (unless it's a later kick off). Failing that, I'll continue posting the picks for posterity unless asked to stop doing so by one of the mod's. Ironically, in the pre-internet days I used to have the Post delivered every Saturday morning so would have known KP's picks nice and early. The combined effect of regular Sunday Racing (leading to a Sunday RP) and the availability of the internet made it not worth paying for the paper anymore!

A winner yesterday' date=' the second straight winner after 3 losses. Record improved to 2 from 5, yield now -27%.[/quote'] Having just put the results in a spreadsheet to make it easier to track, I've realised there have been 6 bets recorded (starting 9th August but with no selection on the 16th), with 4 consecutive losers followed by the 2 winners. So it's 2 winners from 6 bets with a yield of -39.17%.

Re: Kevin Pullein's Saturday picks, 38 bets, +27% yield According to my usual online source, this week's selection is Arsenal to beat Hull which is currently a best priced 1/2 with SJ and Hills. I'll try and verify that later and check the advised price, unless anyone has a copy of the paper and can confirm.