** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WORLD ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP 2013

Re: WORLD ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP 2013

mens 400mh you may all laugh at this one i have been impressed with both of emir bekric's runs in the heats and semi he won his heat and just got caught by tinsley in the semi i don't expect him to win or even come second but feel the price is too good to ignore he is 66/1 with bet 365 and ew is 1,2 1/3 i will venture a 2pt ew bet fingers and everything else crossed
i thought i might expand on this a little: jehue gordon is now favourite after another good run at 7/4 tinsley drifted to around 5/2 the previously unconsidered cuban cisneros 5/1 sanchez as big as 12 and culson as big as 14 gordon is the worthy favourite but does tinsley have more to give ? he only just ran down bekric but it was tight on the line and his smiling demeanour indicated either surprise at bekric's run or the fact he has more in hand ( which he probably has) coulson i would discount he looks a spent force sanchez better but he will probably finish around fourth cisneros looked good but who knows he may just have run a good race which he doesnt replicate this race is quite open gordon and tinsley will probably be first and second but i think bekric is being unfairly written off i think he could come third but how to back? you could buy at 3 on a spread 50-25-10 or ew at the stand out and out of line 66 other bookies are generally 33 and as low as 16# 16 is probably a fairer reflection of his chances anyway enough of my warbling

Re: WORLD ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 one or two thoughts: womens 1500m aregawi is the runner who has impressed me most this year but she is long odds on so i will just watch and enjoy people may say if it is tactical she could lose out but she has a kick as well can't see her losing simpson to finish second womens 200m looking at the times this year : fraser price 22.13 ahoure 22.24 okagbare 22.31 duncan 22.35 felix 22.36 miller 22.45 people will be backing fraser price to double up i would stick with felix who doesn't have the extra pressure of the 400 as she had last year okagbare has been disappointing so far i would count her out mens 1500 souleiman looked to berunning hard at the end of his heat he has finishing speed but don't expect him to medal but it doesn't look a great race when it comes down to a sprint at the end i can see the likes of iguider manzano centrowitz outkicking him and then there are the two kenyans kiprop and kiplagat to factor in i've not been too successful with my tips so apologies to anyone who has lostmoney listening to me igot isinbaeva badly wrong but these russian athletes are hard to call another hot favourite savinova starts tomorrow i hope she is out of form go brenda 6.55 tomorrow

Re: WORLD ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 all the main runners got through in the womens 800 martinez and akkaoui looking good the 2 russians potential flys in my ointment Mens 200m i have been looking for a w/o bolt market no bookies are quoting odds this is pathetic or should i say apathetic they might as well not put up a win market either there is a market on betfair but no money as usual

Mens 400mh semis this afternoon michael tinsley was most impressive in qualifying and is a worthy favourite at 11/10 next best to me looked to be jehue gordon who looked better than coulson. he can be backed at evens on betfair for a medal which looks decent value recommended bet: jehue gordon podium finish betfair at evens
happy with that

i thought i might expand on this a little: jehue gordon is now favourite after another good run at 7/4 tinsley drifted to around 5/2 the previously unconsidered cuban cisneros 5/1 sanchez as big as 12 and culson as big as 14 gordon is the worthy favourite but does tinsley have more to give ? he only just ran down bekric but it was tight on the line and his smiling demeanour indicated either surprise at bekric's run or the fact he has more in hand ( which he probably has) coulson i would discount he looks a spent force sanchez better but he will probably finish around fourth cisneros looked good but who knows he may just have run a good race which he doesnt replicate this race is quite open gordon and tinsley will probably be first and second but i think bekric is being unfairly written off i think he could come third but how to back? you could buy at 3 on a spread 50-25-10 or ew at the stand out and out of line 66 other bookies are generally 33 and as low as 16# 16 is probably a fairer reflection of his chances anyway enough of my warbling
great race by bekric he is a beast shame the ew wasnt 1,2,3 i actually also bought at 3 on the spread apologies for aftertiming

one or two thoughts: womens 1500m aregawi is the runner who has impressed me most this year but she is long odds on so i will just watch and enjoy people may say if it is tactical she could lose out but she has a kick as well can't see her losing simpson to finish second womens 200m looking at the times this year : fraser price 22.13 ahoure 22.24 okagbare 22.31 duncan 22.35 felix 22.36 miller 22.45 people will be backing fraser price to double up i would stick with felix who doesn't have the extra pressure of the 400 as she had last year okagbare has been disappointing so far i would count her out mens 1500 souleiman looked to berunning hard at the end of his heat he has finishing speed but don't expect him to medal but it doesn't look a great race when it comes down to a sprint at the end i can see the likes of iguider manzano centrowitz outkicking him and then there are the two kenyans kiprop and kiplagat to factor in i've not been too successful with my tips so apologies to anyone who has lostmoney listening to me igot isinbaeva badly wrong but these russian athletes are hard to call another hot favourite savinova starts tomorrow i hope she is out of form go brenda 6.55 tomorrow
brilliant run by aregawi

Re: WORLD ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 mens 200m starts tomorrow fastest times this year: bolt 19.73 weir 19.79 young 19.86 mitchell 19.99 warren weir ran 19.89 in london 3 weeks ago, he was 3rd in theolympics (no blake this time) and looks likely to take second behind bolt the odds aren't great 1.52on betfair-no one else offering odds recommended bet 20pts weir w/o bolt at 1.52 betfair he can be backed to win at 30 but you need a bolt false start

Re: WORLD ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 mens 200m weir looked comfortable, bolt jogging the two impressive runners were the 2 fastest qualifiers in 20.17 jobodwana and gemilli either of these could have a chance of a bronze however i can't see any index prices or each way betting womens 100mh brianna rollins very impressive-no sign of any injury she should win as long as she doesnt hit a hurdle badly harper unimpressive and strapped knee porter ran well but will wilt later on when pressure applied sally pearson looks the only danger

Re: WORLD ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 Mens 200m w/o bolt and weir asi said earlier jobodwana and gemili took the eye in qualifying they both ran 20.17 gemili looked to be running all out before easing just before the line jobodwana ran a smoother more controlled race easing well before the line he looked to have more room for improvement and had run faster this year 20.13 whereas gemili recorded a pb in the heat- previous best 20.30 gemili said there was more to give but my worry would be that he's run his best race in the heats jobodwana is my idea of the bronze medallist Recommended Bet 10 pts jobodwana @ 3/1 ladbrokes w/obolt and weir

Re: WORLD ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 Hi MP was it worth it ? In monetary terms no as i am behind. I know this site is about exchanging opinions and trying to win money and i have tried to give too many opinions rather than being selective. Some of the bets were close but not close enough like symmonds in the 800 and bekric in the 400mh. Everything could come right if brenda martinez wins the womens 800 but i'm worried about savinova and being in Montano's semi always meant it was likely to be a fast race and she would need to run hard to qualify. Savinova looked really good but the final will be a fast race with montano there and i hope she has less in hand than she looked to have. Have i enjoyed it -yes, not the losers obviously. What have i learnt? not to have so many bets. Also i thought there would be more interest both on here and from the bookies at times. The lack of an each way option in many of the races means win bets were the only option if the best odds were to be obtained. Anyway it's nearly over now fingers crossed for brenda i think she'll probably come second. And i'm looking forward to the mens 200m Gemili has surprised everyone can he match his time in the semi?