** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BBOTD Tuesday 6th August

Ripon 7.40 - Jack Luey 7/1 Coral BOG I have had my eye on this horse since his re-appearance this season and whilst I missed his win at Redcar, I left him alone in a C2 handicap at Newcastle where he finished a very creditable 3rd. I think this type of race at a speed track like this one will suit him and I can seem him running a very big race in his ideal conditions. The form of his Redcar win has been boosted by the 2nd, 3rd and 4th all running well since and whilst this is more competitive I still think he has enough in hand against what is a fairly mediocre group of horses in opposition.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August 1835 cork 1pt win 1ndian chief 7/2 boyles expensive colt won a maiden at lepoardstown on his 2nd start when the ground was soft, but on his 2 latest starts he has run rather poorly a 3rd and a 9th place, both on our shores royal ascot and york, hopefully the ground will be a bit slower tomorrow and the drop in trip may suit

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August True Verdict - Cork 6:35 - WIN @ 20/1 Boylesports This David Wachman filly won a maiden at Navan comfortably back in May and followed that up with a 6th place finish to Fiesolana in a Group 3. She finished only 1/2 a length behind Tickled Pink that day and Tickled Pink has gone on to win a Group 3 since. My selection finished last of 5 last time out in a Group 3 but should find Listed company a bit easier tomorrow. Wayne Lordan has picked this horse over the stablemate Bronte which I find interesting.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August Ripon 7.10 1m4f Lay Bushel@ 3.65 Betfair (9/50 fractional odds to liability) Esteamings form is very strong and Nonotnows also in my view. I wanted to have Esteaming as BBotD but NonotNow is a danger in my view. Cant see Bushel winning this and Lay him here the night before. PS: As far as i understood you can post Lay Bets, pls correct me if i did something wrong.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August 6.30 KEMPTON BOLD AND FREE @ 7/1 Bet 365 Backed this last time at Beverley when drawn 8/8 and was slow away, stayed on really well up the hill that day to take third and looks to be crying out for this step up to 1m 4f. Races off the same mark of 65 today and still relatively unexposed. Can see him pouncing late on the outside at a decent price.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August 2.30 Ffos Las - Lordship 1pt win @ 16/1 Bet365 This horse hasn't won since October 2009 but this season he is with a new trainer and they might be able to get 1 more win out of him. He looks very well handicapped at the moment if rediscovering his old form. His 2 runs this year can be forgiven but today he gets the soft that he needs to be seen to best effect. His regular rider Jake Payne is back on on board and this race looks very winnable. Last year he struggled, which is probably why he has switched stables but he now races off 46, which is 16lbs lower than his last winning mark. The 2 runs he has had this year should have put him spot on for this and with conditions to suit he could outrun his odds.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August 6.30 Kempton Maoi Chinn Tire is more than capable off this sort of mark only 1lb higher than last winning and comes here fit from hurdling but has been very disappointing over hurdles later so does have well being to prove. Opera Buff has been passed around a bit and starts out for yet another new trainer tonight he has held his form fairly well recently and not beaten far at all last time out but does still remain a maiden in a strong looking handicap. This trip looks on the short side for Lombok and he will need it to be truly run to be involved. Golden Jubilee has won over slightly shorter trips recently and was all out to do so last time out and handicapper may just be in charge with a further 3lb higher mark and also drawn out in the car park. Dukes Delight should have won on handicap debut last time out when given a very typical poor ride by Durcan tucked behind horses in the straight instead of letting her go, when she did get pulled out she finished strongly only failing by ¼ length. Somehow gets to race off the same mark today and she looks extremely well treated on that run. Stall 5 a good draw and surely Durcan can mess this one up twice. 1pt win Dukes Delight 5/2 VC

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August 8.10 Ripon Alwilda 13/8 BetVictor BOG Alwilda who won well in this grade over 14f at Sandown lto won by outstaying her opponents giving the impression she would be suited by further. Stepping up to 2m today she can post another victory for Prescott. She battled the last bast day and the further they went the better she was. 1 Point win for nap purposes Alwilda 13/8 BetVictor BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August 345 Catterick: Party Line 3/1 SJ/BetVic Poor stuff today but we can rely on Party Line to run her race at Catterick. Wont mind any rain and will stay ok on this track. Has been running well the last month and is on a nice rating which gets her into this 0-85 weaker grade.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August K6.00 Confirmed e/w 40/1 Stan James This one falls under the category of "interesting jockey booking" with S De Souza taking his first ride for this stable. The stable have only had 1 runner this month which resulting in a 20/1 winnner and whilst this is speculative, there's some interesting angles that might suggest improvement today. Firstly, the horse fluffs the start almost every time, so if De Souza can break smartly, the horse might just get interested at a track where on breeding it should go well. There's also the angle that the horses breeding suggests the first time hood could bring about improvement and there's also the angle of the horse having its first run for a new stable after a little break. It's all very speculative, but 40/1 shots don't usually have lots of obvious evidence so I'll take swing at this one and hope that De Souza can get a good start and put the horse into the race.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August 8.30 Kemp - Badr al Badoor - win at 9/4 bog bet365 Nice little 3yo sprint handicap featuring 5 runners, of which 4 are CD winners and the other has a course win The current favourite is Agerzam who won his maiden here and has finished 2nd and 3rd in handicaps over CD. I think he's worth taking on as it looks like the assessor has him about right and he's looked a bit one paced. He's probably fave on the basis that he was unlucky last time, being carried across the track and having to pull around a drifting horse. My selection won over CD last time and posted a pretty big speed figure, much bigger than the favourite has achieved. Won going away that day and might have got off lightly with a 5lb rise. The main worry is that that run looked much better than her previous form and was a 'first time visor' run...........so that might have a one-off visor job not to be repeated. If you could be sure she would run as fast again I'd be a lot more confident. Yard in cracking form - before todays racing had won with 5 of it's last 9 runners

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August

1835 cork 1pt win 1ndian chief 7/2 boyles expensive colt won a maiden at lepoardstown on his 2nd start when the ground was soft, but on his 2 latest starts he has run rather poorly a 3rd and a 9th place, both on our shores royal ascot and york, hopefully the ground will be a bit slower tomorrow and the drop in trip may suit
non runner,narrows the field down 1905 cork venus de milo 2/7 bet365 not much left to choose from, so i will go for the obrien hot pot, 3 runs, 2 wins an a very good run last time out in the irish oaks where she finished a creditable runner up behind chicquita, same trip today and i would fully expect her to win this race and return to winning ways

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August 20.30 Kempton: Equitania @ 16/1 Bet365 Equitania looks a big price in this small five-runners affair in my eyes. She is way better on the All-Weather than on turf, so her poor efforts in recent weeks are probably excused, even though it has to be said not all was bad, as she wasn't far beaten in a strong class 4 sprint at Newmarket, and did earlier the year quite well in Chester and Newmarket again in better races. Yet her strongest performances came on the All-Weather. She won 3 from 6 starts and was another two times placed on this surface, furthermore she's a course and distance winner here at Kempton. So I hope the switch to this place and surface might bring back the sparkle. It has to be said she was very much inconvenienced at Ascot lto when she reared in the stalls, got badly bumped soon after and was pushed forward to get a prominent position. That was all too much to have anything left in the closing stages. A promising 7lb claimer is booked today for the ride, so that after all I think Equitania can go well here tonight.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August 7.40 Ripon - 1pt win Cadeaux Pearl @ 16/1 (Bet365) Scott Dixon shows a profit when teaming up with Luke Morris and the jockey also has a fine strike rate at the track. This horse is a bit in and out but is drawn very well here to jump out and race prominently and if he can hold his position through the race (often hits a flat spot) then should put in a good show from the front. The blinkers go back on to try and help in that regard and the slightly easier ground should suit. Decent price in an open heat and fingers crossed he can enjoy the run of it here.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 6th August

Ripon 7.10 1m4f Lay Bushel@ 3.65 Betfair (9/50 fractional odds to liability) Esteamings form is very strong and Nonotnows also in my view. I wanted to have Esteaming as BBotD but NonotNow is a danger in my view. Cant see Bushel winning this and Lay him here the night before. PS: As far as i understood you can post Lay Bets, pls correct me if i did something wrong.
You can lay but have to use industry prices, like i told you yesterday we dont accept Betfair prices.