** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Capital One Cup > 5th - 7th August

Jase82

Re: Capital One Cup > 5th - 7th August Notts County to beat Fleetwood @ 21/20 Ladbrokes 7/10 Happy to take Notts County at 21/20 as I feel it is slightly overpriced. Notts County at home and a league above and showed a true battling spirit away to one of the league favorites Sheff Utd on the weekend despite going down to 10 men early on. Fleetwood got a good win on the weekend albeit at home to a team favorite for relegation. Both managers have indicated they may make some changes which for County will probably mean Showunmi will start and should be in a confident mood after grabbing a goal against Sheff utd on the weekend. Despite Fleetwood expecting to challenge for top 6 of their division I expect Notts County to get their season up and running here with a narrow win.

Southend @ 2.9 - William Hill V Yeovil. Yeovil had a great start to their Championship survival bid on Saturday but I've already expressed my love affair of Southend as I think they're looking good under Phil Brown. Yeovil probably have bigger and wider ambitions this season, and while Southend are set to make changes, the players tgey're looking at bringing in are Connor Clifford, and Julian Bennett. Both are good footballers with decent pedigree. Striker Don Cowan may get some game time also. Rotherham V Sheffield Wednesday Over 2.5 goals @ 1.9 - Stan James. Both sides aren't particularly strong defensively, and Rotherham drew 3-3 with Crewe at the weekend. Big things are expected of Rotherham this season, and I fancy them to be a real test for Wednesday. Bournemouth & Swindon double @ 2.61 - bet365. Enough has been said of Pompey. Saturday wasn't a great display, and I can't see us neing defensively good enough for Bournemouth. Swindon I like today because I don't expect them to make too many changes from the side that lost narrowly to Petervorough at the weekend. They're looking to build up some consistancy and momentum while Torquay don't look great this season. The price seems to hold water. Leyton Orient V Coventry + 0.5 @ 2.02 - bet365. I think the odds display a slight over reaction here. Coventry showed great spirit in pulling back two goals at the weekend when playing Crawley, and I don't often see Orient as huge favourites. I think Coventry need the result, as well as the cash it brings and they're worth a draw here Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using PL Forum
The only one I'm not happy with is Southend who were largely outplayed by Yeovil, mustering zero shots on target in the first half. Looks like Yeovil could be tough to beat this season. Coventry missed a PEN and had a man sent off as they conceded late against Orient. Based on the first two games of this season I'd say they're doing better than expected, but they need the rub of the green soon before performances drop and morale is sapped. Elsewhere Stanley won at big odds away to Boro after weathering the storm. Watford won comfortably against Bristol Rovers and Crawley blew a two goal lead against Cheltenham! I still fancy Chesterfield to get something away at Leeds tonight as they're looking like real promotion contenders in League Two and seem solid enough to think they can test Leeds. I'd be hesitant to back Blackburn at current odds too as they weren't great at the weekend against Derby and they have a huge squad, so expect changes. Also the market seems unconvinced with them available for as little as 1.74, yet as high as 2. I'm sure Carlisle will be opposed a lot after they lost 5-1 at the weekend but Blackburn are the same price Watford were last night against a League Two side, and I know which one I'd rather back at those odds!

Re: Capital One Cup > 5th - 7th August

underdogs v favourites of 1.99 price or lower. underdogs won 3. 2 were draws. favourites won 14 times. W-D-L 3-2-14 (I think)
So the three underdogs who won last night against favourites of 1.99 or lower were: Morecambe, Burton and Accrington Stanley And I suppose those stats show that overall it was probably better to back the favourite than the underdog.