** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Canadian Soccer - What The......!

Just watching the game Canadian Soccer game between Brampton United and London City in play betting onBet365, The home side were the clear form dogs starting out at 3/10. I had them as part of a multiple bet, Well, within a few minutes, despite them having double the play and the chances, they were out to 5/6. then evens, 6/4, even 15/8! The away side who hadn't shown anything thus far within a few minutes were 6/4 favs! Then the home side fluctuated with each changing minute despite having the bulk od the play between 5/6 and 15/8. the away sides place swung from anything between 6/4 and 10/3. I've never ever seen such fast moving wild swings in in play betting! It's just into the second half now (0-0 ) and they're 8/11 and 11/2. I've read elsewhere about problems with match-fixing in Canadian soccer. Who knows which way this match will end but I've taken the away side to win the second half as cover for my multi. Strange stuff indeed!

Re: Canadian Soccer - What The......! It's just finished and surprise, surprise the away side won. After about the 70th minute Brampton decided, despite being much the superior side thus far in the game and at home, hence the original 3/10 quote, they wouldn't bother crossing the halfway line at all. In the 78th minute, the inevitable happened, their defence parted like the Red Sea and London scored. As if to cover any uncertainty they promptly had a man sent off in the 83rd minute. Sensing how this might appear they made 8 or 9 half-hearted rushes towards their opponents goal in the next few minutes ( a "dangerous attack" in in-play stat parlance ) except they made sure any dangerous element to them was eradicated by not actually taking a shot either on target or off target- then promptly gave up. There followed - I'm sure surprisingly for both teams a whopping 9 minutes of extra time which Brampton decided was best occupied by not taking another shot. In the 97th minute, either by accident or design, London popped in another and Brampton went back to not crossing the half way line again. I managed to back London at a modest 9/4 early in the first half when prices started to swing wildly then again at 4/1 to win the second half just a few minutes later. Prices were up and down like a roller coaster. ( was going to say whores drawers but I suppose that's not the most tasteful of expressions ). It's scant consolation though as I would have won more if Brampton had won and my multi had come in. I can honestly say I have never seen betting fluctuations like it before, coupled with the bizarre pattern of play. I know the "F" word is frowned in these forums ( and I'm not talking profanities ), but if that game wasn't .... err artificially enhanced then I'm the Pope. It was so blatant as to be almost embarrassing. Just for the record: 95 Attacks 57 45 Dangerous Attacks 17 7 Corners 2 What puzzles me is why, after the huge early in-play punt and wild fluctuations, the away price was allowed to settle so high in the second half. I might suggest that to have the home form team at a more "normal", non alarm bell ringing price would actually encourage punters to see some value in it and hence make a bet, I suspect anything more than a tenner on London at the latter higher prices would've been refused/heavily reduced. Thankfully I'm not unduly out of pocket, but a word of warning to anyone considering backing Canadian Soccer matches. I read elsewhere, though I'm afraid I don't have a link that their season start was threatened/delayed because of such issues. That'll teach me not to stay up so late betting on such odd leagues :unsure.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Re: Canadian Soccer - What The......! the away sides place swung from anything between 6/4 and 10/3. I've never ever seen such fast moving wild swings in in play betting! It's just into the second half now (0-0 ) and they're 8/11 and 11/2. I've read elsewhere about problems with match-fixing in Canadian soccer