Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** September Poker League Result : =1st muttley & juanmoment, 3rd McG **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st Zidane123, 2nd Adamross, 3rd Wanderlust, 4th Rainbow. KO Cup Winner: Peter York, Most Winners: Alastair **

July 29 - August 4

Re: July 29 - August 4 very temped by Stepanek on the handicap but 1.72 -2.5 isn't good enough. hmm I'll reluctantly go : 2pts R.Stepanek to beat Tursunov 2-0 2.20 Bet365 Abit of a dodgy one perhaps but Stepanek is serving so well that I see very few chances for Stepanek to break. Stepanek really looks up for this and I fancied him to go deep from the start and he should go one step further today and hopefully without dropping a set.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: July 29 - August 4 J. Isner - S. Devvarman over 22.5 games 1.77 Unibet Most likely Isner is the winner here but I don't see this game so clear win for Isner as odds are. American has huge serve but the fact is Isner hasn't taken many breaks lately and his win has come after tie-break so usually. I think Devvarman' court game-playing is good enough to get sets to tie-break or even he can take at least a set here. Indian has played pretty well on hard court lately and since qualifications Washington ATP he hasn't drop even at set winning four matches straightly 2-0. Of course Isner is top level player but he is not type who smash oppenent with breaks.

Re: July 29 - August 4

very temped by Stepanek on the handicap but 1.72 -2.5 isn't good enough. hmm I'll reluctantly go : 2pts R.Stepanek to beat Tursunov 2-0 2.20 Bet365 Abit of a dodgy one perhaps but Stepanek is serving so well that I see very few chances for Stepanek to break. Stepanek really looks up for this and I fancied him to go deep from the start and he should go one step further today and hopefully without dropping a set.
Great tip. Tursunov has been shocking all tournament! Nearly won ;) WOW Spoke to soon

Re: July 29 - August 4 spose mato going to lose this set and give the 3rd away too next sigh! or not :) Mato had to win 2-0 or he would of lost 2-1 probably. Good win. Raonic his epic awfulness as usual. Looking forward to next lay.

Re: July 29 - August 4 Before I go to bed I will take this : 2pts I.Dodig to beat T.Haas 3.00 Bet365 Too big a price. OK, Dodig hasn't set the world alight recently but I just feel when you have a player who can serve like he can and on his day return like he can and be so aggressive it's very hard to match that. Haas lost a set to Smyczek and Dodig brings alot more to the table than Smyczek. Dodig beat a tricky player in Kamke after losing the 1st set so perhaps games is the bet here but again I'm going with the value shot here. Important also Dodig has been on the hard courts abit longer recently and may well of adjusted better AND the fact Haas played yesterday, today for abit and will now have another match..

Re: July 29 - August 4 3pts R.Haase to beat M.Granollers 2.00 Bet365 Haase, again the underdog. Haase Vs Verdasco showed again that Haase is really up for this contest. He hasn't lost here and has won the event 2 years running. This will be his third semi-final in a row and he has a great chance now of going all the way. Haase beat Granollers recently, at the Gaastad event and can replicate that win this morning.

Re: July 29 - August 4 M. Granollers - R. Haase over 22.5 games 1.86 Pinnacle Like in Gastaad last week between these two, I expect tight match once again. I predict both one winning one set at least, like last week we saw. Few years ago match went two setter while Haase took over Granollers by beating him 2:0 (7-6, 7-6). I'm not gonna take part which of these is going to win but I'm pretty surprised if we won't see tight match here again with games over 22.5 line.

Re: July 29 - August 4 A few for me today to keep the wolf from the door. - MARINKO MATOSEVIC (v Dmitry Tursunov, Washington) @ 2.13 with sbobet Surprised to see Tursunov as favourite. He does lead the H2H, but Mato has played well this week and was very solid from the back of the court against Raonic yesterday. Tursunov is making loads of errors, and if the Aussies stays firm, he'll draw them out of him and get the job done. Nice price, I think, on Mato here. - JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO -3 GAMES AH (v Kevin Anderson, Washington) @ 1.80 with sbobet Delpo is in cruise control at the moment. Easily disposed of Harrison and Tomic en route to this match and is evidently playing well. Should have too much for Kev, who is approaching his 12th day of action and has been beaten soundly by men ranked above him recently. Low line on a player in such good form.

Re: July 29 - August 4 2picks for tonight matches: ATP WASHINGTON TURSUNOV-MATOSEVIC OVER 21 GAMES @ 1.55 on pinnaclesports Should be a close match between two players with big game and big shots playing on the similar level ATP WASHINGTON BAGHDATIS-ISNER OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.45 on pinnaclesports Baghdatis is not at his best really,but should keep it a close match with Isner.

Re: July 29 - August 4 Have been chewing this one over and over again, but I pulled the trigger in the end: WTA Carlsbad Roberta Vinci -1.5 GAMES! > Anna Ivanovic @2.10 local bookie (3/10) It's a sad fact that Anna's performance level is steadily decreasing in past couple of months. Loss with Timea Babosz on Mexican hard court in april (Monterrey) was real shocker. Though Anna leads all-time h2h, Vinci won their last encounter last year by double-bagel. She defeated BMS on her home-soil convincingly 64 62, which shows she has found her form in the clay-hard transition. Anna went into tie-break with poor Coco Wandeweghe in R2 and managed to deliver large number of doublefaults in every match here in Carlsbad. IMO Vinci is far more consistent, and is going to win at least two games more than Anna. The funny part is that she dose not even need to win the whole match - one bagel should be enough for the bet to win, i.e. 6-0 4-6 4-6.

Re: July 29 - August 4 3pts Del Potro -3.5 games to beat K.Anderson 2.00 Bet365 The head-2-head between these two is 4-0 to Del Potro. One of these was on the hard courts and Del Potro won that in straight sets and I expect the same here to be honest. Del Potro has made little effort getting this far pretty much dismantling anyone that stands in his way and Anderson must be alittle jaded playing so many games.

Roberta Vinci -1.5 GAMES! > Anna Ivanovic @2.10 local bookie (3/10) :wall
Not even close. The fact that I have run into this nonsense and missed Razzano at the same time means that I should stop until next week. edit ... which of course would be wise, but I am not able to follow my own advice, LOL. Therefore here's the one for today: WTA Washington Alize Cornet to bt Andrea Petkovic @2.27 local bookie (5/10) Alize plays in big form at this tournament. She not even handled Yanina Wicmayer, Heather Watson and Sorana Cirstea, but she handled them all in straight sets. She leads H2H 2-0, although it's fair to note that these matches are 3-4 yrs old. Andrea defeated Mona Barthel in R2 in straights, but then Mona is not in the best form lately. Andrea went into three sets with huge underdog Ormaechea, which could indicate decreasing level of performance. Alize's big form plus H2H plus perhaps suboptimal performance of Petkovic is what this bet is based upon.

Re: July 29 - August 4 He started getting cramps in the middle of TB and was barely moving. Before that he got some treatment. It was really hard to watch that... Tursunov could just served over the net and job would be done anyway. Looked similar like Caroline Wozniacki couple years ago in Doha season ending championships. I would try to bet on him anyway to be honest

Re: July 29 - August 4 3pts J.Isner to beat D.Tursunov 2-0 1.72 Bet365 I fancy Isner to win this without any real problems. I thought he might be alittle jaded after his last tournament win but he is still firing his bombs and returning well enough. I can't see him being broken here so the 2-0 makes perfect sense here. 2pts J.Del Potro to beat T.Haas -4.5 games 2.00 Bet365 Abit of a risky handicap but I think Del Potro will win this 2-0 for sure and I'm hoping there is no tie break. If there is no tie break I think this should be covered. Haas done well to beat Anderson which I tipped on my page but it was a real close one and I think Del Potro can return better here.

Re: July 29 - August 4 Back Tommy Haas to beat Juan Martin Del Potro @ 4.50 >Betfair I think Haas is being underestimated here, and that he can make a game of it against Del Potro even though he has struggled against him in the past. In the first two rounds against Smyczek and Dodig he huffed and puffed but got over the line in the end, and then against Dimitrov in his last match he won what was a very close match. By comparison, Del Potro has had it easy this week and has not really been pushed in any of his matches. That could count against him because Haas is arguably more prepared for a scrap than he is. Of course Del Potro has the power to blast Haas off the court, but Haas has plenty of experience in these situations and has been having a good year. I can see Haas being really up for this, whilst Del Potro might just be starting to turn his thoughts to Montreal. If Haas is able to take the first set then it will be interesting to see how motivated Del Potro is for a three set match, and it could be that he is happy with his preparation for next week and that Haas makes it through to the final.

Back Tommy Haas to beat Juan Martin Del Potro @ 4.50 >Betfair I think Haas is being underestimated here, and that he can make a game of it against Del Potro even though he has struggled against him in the past. In the first two rounds against Smyczek and Dodig he huffed and puffed but got over the line in the end, and then against Dimitrov in his last match he won what was a very close match. By comparison, Del Potro has had it easy this week and has not really been pushed in any of his matches. That could count against him because Haas is arguably more prepared for a scrap than he is. Of course Del Potro has the power to blast Haas off the court, but Haas has plenty of experience in these situations and has been having a good year. I can see Haas being really up for this, whilst Del Potro might just be starting to turn his thoughts to Montreal. If Haas is able to take the first set then it will be interesting to see how motivated Del Potro is for a three set match, and it could be that he is happy with his preparation for next week and that Haas makes it through to the final.
Do you not think Del Potro has not been pushed due to him playing well? I think Del potro will win 2-0, however I do see value in Haas's odds!

Do you not think Del Potro has not been pushed due to him playing well? I think Del potro will win 2-0' date=' however I do see value in Haas's odds![/quote'] Absolutely Del Potro has been playing well, but I don't think the players that he has played so far offered much resistance. This match should provide Del Potro with a different test, one that he hasn't had so far this week.

Absolutely Del Potro has been playing well' date=' but I don't think the players that he has played so far offered much resistance. This match should provide Del Potro with a different test, one that he hasn't had so far this week.[/quote'] Haas has started well! Very good value now! Cash out ;)

Re: July 29 - August 4 4pts I.Karlovic to beat Amir Weintraub 2-0 1.66 Bet365 Was important to see if Karlovic was up for this in the first qualifying match he played (Vs Gabishvilli) and he won that 2-0. Generally with the serve he possesses he wins 2-0 even when he doesn't play well as he is hard to break and wins on the tie-breakers. He won 86% of his first serve Vs Gab where as Gab only managed 59% so he is going to be pressured to hold every game

4pts I.Karlovic to beat Amir Weintraub 2-0 1.66 Bet365 Was important to see if Karlovic was up for this in the first qualifying match he played (Vs Gabishvilli) and he won that 2-0. Generally with the serve he possesses he wins 2-0 even when he doesn't play well as he is hard to break and wins on the tie-breakers. He won 86% of his first serve Vs Gab where as Gab only managed 59% so he is going to be pressured to hold every game
Worth a shot, @1,72 in Expekt

Re: July 29 - August 4 2pts M.Matosevic to beat J.Sock 2.25 Bet365 I Didn't want to touch Matosevic yesterday after all the games he had played and he looked like he was carrying an injury but he came through it OK and I will take him to beat Sock today too. Matosevic beat sock on the hard court recently at San Jose in straight sets and Sock had a very up/down game against Smyczek where each player just run away with the set so maybe some inconstancy slipping in.

Re: July 29 - August 4 J.M. Del Potro - J. Isner over 31.5 games 3.65 Unibet This bet needs game to be 3-setter but it is surely worth to try with these odds. John Isner has lost his serve only once here in Washington ATP tournament! That is pretty impressive result and his serve really is very unbreakable. On the other hand Del Potro is big server and I think Isner wouldn't got many chances at all to brake his serve. American isn't very solid player on-court gaming play. That really looks sets are going to be very tight ones and tie-breaks are most likely to be come. Even Del Potro is favourite here I don't like his odds at all because I see this match going tie-breaks where both players are possible to win. I'm predicting for tight final here between these two big servers and if Isner can keep same level on his serve this game should be tough one. I wouldn't put big stakes on this but no way I don't see this game so clear one as odds seems for Del Potro.