** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

July 29 - August 4

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: July 29 - August 4 Hoping for a better week :hope. Back Jurgen Melzer to win ATP Kitzbuhel for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with BetVictor Back Philipp Kohlschreiber to win ATP Kitzbuhel for a 2/10 stake at 4.50 with BetVictor Unusually strong line-up in Kitzbuhel this time around and one of the bigger hitters should be able to take the title once again. It's hard to argue against Philipp Kohlschreiber in the first half of the draw, while Jurgen Melzer could be a decent pick in the second half of the draw, as he has always been able to do well in home condition and has a playing style that should work well in these fairly specific conditions. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-kitzbuhel-betting-jurgen-melzer-and-philipp-kohlschreiber-look-value-in-the-outright-market Back Tommy Haas to win ATP Washington for a 1/10 stake at 10.00 with Bet365 Back Kei Nishikori to win ATP Washington for a 1/10 stake at 12.00 with BetVictor Juan Martin del Potro deserves to be the favourite in Washington this week, but he could be in for some tricky matches early on, so I am going to go with Tommy Haas and Kei Nishikori instead. Both have a fairly easy draw early on and are good enough to put up a good run on the North American hard courts, so I think they both look decent value at the prices that are currently on offer for them doing well this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-washington-betting-kei-nishikori-and-tommy-haas-to-get-back-to-winning-ways-in-washington Back Ekaterina Makarova to win WTA Washington for a 1/10 stake at 17.00 with Bet365 Back Sorana Cirstea to win WTA Washington for a 1/10 stake at 17.00 with Bet365 Looks like a fairly open WTA event over in Washington and I am going to go for two picks from the two quarters of the draw that seem to be rather weak in comparison with the other two. Both Makarova and Cirstea are good enough to make it through to the semis without any real difficulties (with Madison Keys/Yanina Wickmayer/Alize Cornet being the biggest dangers), so there you go, these prices look quite interesting from my point of view. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-washington-betting-some-of-the-underdogs-could-go-quite-far-in-washington-this-week-

Re: July 29 - August 4 2pts R.Haase to win ATP Kitzbuhel 15.00 Bet365 Haase has a harder draw then he has had here for a while but he has won this event 2 years running so he obviously likes the event and wants to protect his ranking points. He has been playing well recently and got to the final of Gaastad and just came up to a player who was in the better form. He can get past Rufin & Berlocq for me but his main tests will be Verdasco & Kohlschreiber on route to a 3rd final in a row here. He beat Kohl in the final here last year so he has it in him.

Re: July 29 - August 4 Back Radek Stepanek (-2) to beat Steve Johnson for a 2/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle Stepanek still the much better player of the two in my opinion and I think that he will be able to deal with Steve Johnson without any real difficulties. The conditions in Washington shouldn't be as fast as Johnson would like it and he still seems to be a bit over-reliant on his serve in all fairness. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stepanek-vs-johnson-betting-radek-stepanek-should-be-able-to-find-his-way-past-steve-johnson-in-washington Back Varvara Lepchenko to beat Samantha Stosur for a 2/10 stake at 2.75 with Ladbrokes Stosur looked really awful against Govortsova, while Lepchenko was able to put up a pretty decent run last week, so I think that an upset might be on the cards here. To top things off, the conditions in Carlsbad should be rather fast, which should also suit Lepchenko more than it should suit the Australian. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lepchenko-vs-stosur-betting-samantha-stosur-s-run-of-bad-results-might-continue-in-carlsbad

Re: July 29 - August 4 4pts Over 21.5 games De Schepper Vs Leo Mayer 1.72 Bet365 2.5pts De Schepper to win 3.40 Bet365 I don't think Leo is THIS much better then De Schepper right now. Neither are setting the world alight right now. Leo hasn't beaten a leftie this year and has a poor record overall against lefties. This alone makes this value for me. He also has a good serve and so De Schepper can put some pressure on Leo from the start

Segovia Challenger Men - picks VOINEI – LOBKOV (Segovia Men) Voinei is 32 year old who has never in his career had a win not only on futures level and he certainly wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the help of tournament organization who gave him an invitation. His last and only challenger was in 2011 when he took only four games against Donskoy. On the other hand we have Lobkov who is for sure a promising player, and 60 future level wins are here to prove it. He had some injuries in last couple of years but now he is back on tracks seeking his place on challenger level. He recently had a good run on futures level, and comes here after challenger victory. I think that Russian is at least 3 classes above Voinei and I expect an easy win for Lobkov. Bet: Lobkov wins Odds: 1.85 Cheers ;)

Re: July 29 - August 4

4pts Over 21.5 games De Schepper Vs Leo Mayer 1.72 Bet365 2.5pts De Schepper to win 3.40 Bet365 I don't think Leo is THIS much better then De Schepper right now. Neither are setting the world alight right now. Leo hasn't beaten a leftie this year and has a poor record overall against lefties. This alone makes this value for me. He also has a good serve and so De Schepper can put some pressure on Leo from the start
Leo hasn't beaten a lefty this year ... he beat Albert Ramos last week, for Christ's sake.

Re: July 29 - August 4 ATP Kitzbuhel: Antonio Veic(2.85 at Nordicbet) to beat Daniel Gimeno Traver A very tricky match-up for the Spaniard. He did trouble Wawrinka big time last week, but his overall form is quite suspicious in the recent weeks and this may not be as easy as looks like. Veic is a bit of a hard-worker on the court and despite not being consistent enough he's got the game to trouble pretty much anyone on clay. Veic looked rock solid for most of the match vs.Troicki in Umag last week and with the same stuffs he's almost certain to cause DGT all sorts of troubles. CH Vancouver: Maxime Authom(2.25 at Bet365) to beat Tatsuma Ito Really can't see Ito as a big fav in this clash. He's enjoying better season than Belgian, but he's never really been consistent enough to be trusted in the long run.They met each other a few days ago, Ito was the winner on the day, but this could easily turn into a different story as Authom seems to be a slightly better all-round player with more patience and consistency, so despite not being in form he's got what it takes to really make it hard for the Japanese.

Re: July 29 - August 4 Gimeno-Traver -3 v Thiem @ 1.78 - Pinnacle This match feature Antonio Veic ranked 196th in the world and Daniel Gimeno-Traver ranked 62nd in the world. Firstly Viec had to qualify for this event and has played 3 games in the last 2 days. As well as this Veic took them all to 3 sets therefore Veic could be pretty tired, especially in this heat! Viec has only ever played 33 games one the ATP tour winning just 11 and losing 22! He has also played 4 this year and has yet to win a match on the ATP tour. In Gimeno-Traver's last tournament he showed signs of improvement. He beat De Scheeper in straight sets as well as giving Wawrinka a close game 7-5 7-6. Veic on the other hand struggled last week in Umag. He got knocked out in the first round against Troicki in straight sets. Troicki did not play great either. Veic's biggest win this year came against Delbonis, this was when Delbonis was not playing as well as he is now and ranked outside the top 100 in the world. Otherwise he is yet to beat anyone inside the top 100 this year! Compare this with Gimeno-Traver who has beat the likes of Monaco, Gasquet, Lopez, and Monatanes all on clay!

Re: July 29 - August 4 2.5pts R.Stepanek to beat S.Johnson 2-0 2.20 Bet365 I can't see Johnson posing Stepanek many problems here. I think the price comes from Stepanek not playing any tennis since Wimbledon due to an injury so it may be worth going with a bookie like Bet365 that voids bets if the player withdraws, as abit of cover. Johnson relatively in-experienced here and outside the top 100 and has not pulled up any trees on the hard-courts IMO. Stepanek should have too much for Johnson here.

Re: July 29 - August 4 2pts M.Ebden to beat M.Fish 3.00 Bet365 Nice bit of value here. Fish is currently out-of-form and could be alittle rusty and Ebden could take advantage here. Fish had a good year on the hard-courts last year but this year on the ATP tour he has gone out early in the three tournaments he has entered of which 2 were on the hard-courts. Fish's serving % is quite low in the games he has played this season and Ebden dealt with Anderson's serve well in the first set where he won 7-6 recently. This, and Ebden surely being sharper could sway the win.

Re: July 29 - August 4 The Citi Open is quite open this year, I feel Looking at the draw, there's quite a few players in decent form Haas, Dodig, Anderson(who really should have beaten Isner in Atlanta) and indeed Isner himself, I was impressed with his resilience in coming back from 0-40 at key times in the match and two matchpoints against him

Re: July 29 - August 4 Tursunov to beat Levine @ 1.73 @ StanJames This match features Jesse Levine ranked 124th in the world and Dmitry Tursunov ranked 61st in the world. Jesse Levine is only in this round as the lucky loser. He lost to Sugita (155) in the first round in 3 sets. These odds are bound to drop as the rest of the bookies have already reduced them! Tursunov has reached the semi final here in the past, this proves he can play on this surface relatively well. In Levine's last 11 matches he has just 3 wins (One of these his opponent retired)! This shows he is in very poor form! His only wins in completed matches have been against 2 players ranked outside the top 131! When we look into the hard court record's Tursunov is certainly the better on the surface winning 237 matches to 134 loses! Compare this with Levine who has won just 107 matches to 105 loses on hard court! Tursunov also has a good record on hard court this season winning 7 matches to just 2 loses! Levine's poor hard court record is also shown here where he has lost in qualification once and the first round twice!

Re: July 29 - August 4

Gimeno-Traver -3 v Thiem @ 1.78 - Pinnacle This match feature Antonio Veic ranked 196th in the world and Daniel Gimeno-Traver ranked 62nd in the world. Firstly Viec had to qualify for this event and has played 3 games in the last 2 days. As well as this Veic took them all to 3 sets therefore Veic could be pretty tired, especially in this heat! Viec has only ever played 33 games one the ATP tour winning just 11 and losing 22! He has also played 4 this year and has yet to win a match on the ATP tour. In Gimeno-Traver's last tournament he showed signs of improvement. He beat De Scheeper in straight sets as well as giving Wawrinka a close game 7-5 7-6. Veic on the other hand struggled last week in Umag. He got knocked out in the first round against Troicki in straight sets. Troicki did not play great either. Veic's biggest win this year came against Delbonis, this was when Delbonis was not playing as well as he is now and ranked outside the top 100 in the world. Otherwise he is yet to beat anyone inside the top 100 this year! Compare this with Gimeno-Traver who has beat the likes of Monaco, Gasquet, Lopez, and Monatanes all on clay!
Good winner, sorry about the mistake in the bet title!

Re: July 29 - August 4 Back Grega Zemlja (-2) to beat Tim Smyczek for a 2/10 stake at 1.97 with Pinnacle Grega Zemlja is the much better player of the two in my opinion, so I can see him covering this handicap line more often that not here, especially since Tim Smyczek looked pretty poor in the qualifying matches he's had to play in order to get to the main draw. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zemlja-vs-smyczek-betting-grega-zemlja-should-be-too-strong-for-tim-smyczek-in-washington Back Guillame Rufin to beat Robin Haase for a 2/10 stake at 3.00 with William Hill Haase could go really far this week in his favourite tournament - or he could lose in the first round against a player that has a similar playing style and who should therefore be able to enjoy the conditions in Kitzbuhel. Fognini and Delbonis have shown that tiredness doesn't really have to be a big factor these days, but Haase could be a slightly different case and these odds simply look too good for me to ignore them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rufin-vs-haase-betting-going-against-robin-haase-in-his-first-match-of-the-week-looks-like-the-right-idea

Re: July 29 - August 4 2.5pts D.Brands to beat C.Berlocq 2.50 Bet365 1pt D.Brands to beat C.Berlocq 2-0 4.00 Bet365 I think this could be one game too many for Berlocq who has played alot of tennis recently. They have never played against eachother so no head-2-head information but I think the sheer points Brands will win on his serve will cause Berlocq pressure to hold everytime. I also think if Berlocq goes 1-0 down he may not have the motivation to come back and win. Alot will depend on Berlocqs first serve and I'm willing to have a gamble here.

Re: July 29 - August 4 5.5pts R.Haase to beat G.Rufin 2-0 1.90 Bet365 I think Haase will have too much for Rufin here. He normally always does well around this time of the year on the clay and that's evident by the fact he has won this event for the last two years running. He has a good Gaastad getting to the final and purely coming up against a Youzhny who was well up for that event. Rufin has some good results on the clay too, recently but he has been playing mostly Challenger events and just has the one win against Monaco at Vino to shout about really.

Re: July 29 - August 4 I'll get this one up early as it starts soon: ATP Kitzbuhel R2: VICTOR HANESCU -2.5 GAMES (v Aljaz Bedene) @ 1.92 with sbobet Hanescu is playing good tennis at the moment, serving well and finding plenty of winners. Lost to Youzhny last week in Gstaad, but that form is franked by the Russian winning the event. Conditions in Austria suit him, as at altitude he gets a bit more pop on his shots. Bedene's form has tailed off a little bit and is transforming from Umag to Kitzbuhel. Conditions in Croatia are very different to Austria, so he may get caught out early on by Hanescu.

Re: July 29 - August 4 Three more in Austria: ATP Kitzbuhel R1: OVER 22 GAMES AH in Robin Haase and Guillaume Rufin @ 1.93 with sbobet Haase has won this title twice and evidently likes it here. However, I'm not sure he's going to have it all his own way against Rufin. The Frenchman is a very unpredictable player. He has spells of sheer brilliance followed by lows. He did win a Challenger event in Oberhausen last week on the clay and that'll give him confidence. These two players are quite streaky and that lends itself to overs. 22 games seems quite low and even though Haase is defending champion, he could find it tough today. ATP Kitzbuhel R1: DANIEL BRANDS +2.5 GAMES v Carlos Berlocq @ 1.97 with sbobet This will be a very tough match for Berlocq. The Argentine bowed out of Umag last week to Zeballos and I fear we may see a wee dip from him after winning Bastad a few weeks ago. Brands is a threat in these conditions, especially if he hits top gear. Massive serve, sledgehammer forehand and quite handy at the net. If he grabs control of the match early on, Berlocq may struggle to contain him. The Argentine is not the best defender either, so I can see him struggling to contain his power. Brands on the plus looks generous. ATP Kitzbuhel R2: LEONARDO MAYER +4 GAMES AH v Philipp Kohlschreiber @ 1.85 with sbobet Liking Mayer in this one. Good solid win over De Schepper yesterday and he's up against a man who hasn't played in a few weeks and could be a tad rusty. Mayer actually binned him last year at the French and is another man whose game suits these conditions. PK might ultimately prevail and get the job done - he was runner-up last year here - but Mayer is more than capable of causing him a few problems with his heavy-hitting game.

Re: July 29 - August 4 2picks for tonight matches: ATP WASHINGTON ISTOMIN-QUERREY OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.71 on pinnaclesports Should be a long close match, hard to predict the winner between the two players in good form playing well on American hard courts ATP CHALLENGER SAO PAOLO: CLEZAR TO DEFEAT FILHO BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.44 on centrebet/sportingbet.au/bet365 (lower odds also applicable as I feel confident about this bet on Clezar who is a very talented and aggressive clay court player against local boy)